Showtime Sets Return Dates for Weeds and Episodes

That bullet is still going! Showtime's Weeds ended its seventh season with a cut to black after a psycho fired a gun onto Nancy Botwin's dinner party, leaving its fan base hanging as to where the shot would land. We'll finally be able to see who ate the bullet on July 1, when Weeds returns for Season 8.

Showtime also announced that Season 2 of comedy Episodes, about a husband-wife producer team from England that has their television show butchered for an American adaptation, will debut that same night. The show stars Stephen Mangan and Tamsin Greig as the British couple and Matt LeBlanc as himself, the star of the show. It's been a bit of a hefty break for Episodes, which conluded its premiere season in February of 2011.

Weeds' eighth season will consist of 13 episodes, and Episodes will be back for nine.

This news begs these questions: Did you ever get a chance to tune into the surprise that is Episodes? Are you ready for Weeds to call it a series and end?

Follow TV.com writer Tim Surette on Twitter: @TimAtTVDotCom

Aug 27, 2012
Weeds deserves to have more seasons, therefore please like this petition page http://facebook.com/saveweedspetition
Aug 11, 2012
PLEASE PLEASE SAVE WEEDS LIKE ''Weeds season 9 (Showtime tv show)'' on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Weeds-Season-9-Showtime-TV-SHOW/409489299110961 this tv show is so amazing and I can't believe it's ending. it became a big part of my life and I really fell in love with this tv show I can't believe it's ending after season 8 I'm so shocked i thought it'd at least have 10 seasons!! this is really sad news why all the best shows have to end so fast? Weeds needs to have more seasons and more adventures please I beg everyone who loves this show and a fan of this show to like this page even if you don't like the tv show can you please like this page? imagine something you really really LOVE and you are about to lose it? how would you feel? and don't say to move on and stuffs and these kind of things because I don't want that. all i want is for weeds to continue and have more seasons. when i heard the news about weeds going to end after season 8 only I felt like someone told me ''You will never see the sun again, or your dreams will never come true, and every wish you wish will never come true.'' I feel like someone just stab me in the heart over and over and broke my heart and threw it away and crashed it into little pieces. this is so unfair and really injustice for such a good tv show to end. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP EVERY FAN OF THIS TV SHOW BY LIKING THIS PAGE AND TELL OTHERS TO DO THE SAME PLEASEt...
Aug 11, 2012
PLEASE PLEASE SAVE WEEDS LIKE this Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Weeds-Season-9-Showtime-TV-SHOW/409489299110961 this tv show is so amazing and I can't believe it's ending. it became a big part of my life and I really fell in love with this tv show I can't believe it's ending after season 8 I'm so shocked i thought it'd at least have 10 seasons!! this is really sad news why all the best shows have to end so fast? Weeds needs to have more seasons and more adventures please I beg everyone who loves this show and a fan of this show to like this page even if you don't like the tv show can you please like this page? imagine something you really really LOVE and you are about to lose it? how would you feel? and don't say to move on and stuffs and these kind of things because I don't want that. all i want is for weeds to continue and have more seasons. when i heard the news about weeds going to end after season 8 only I felt like someone told me ''You will never see the sun again, or your dreams will never come true, and every wish you wish will never come true.'' I feel like someone just stab me in the heart over and over and broke my heart and threw it away and crashed it into little pieces. this is so unfair and really injustice for such a good tv show to end. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP EVERY FAN OF THIS TV SHOW BY LIKING THIS PAGE AND TELL OTHERS TO DO THE SAME PLEASE.
Mar 22, 2012
Very happy to see Weeds back. I think they should kill Nancy off the finale. Have season 8 tell us what happened during the 2 months we missed out on during the Season 7 Finale. Then go back to the gunshot in the Series Finale. Or...basically anything else. i've enjoyed watching Weeds..it might've lost itself in the 5th & 6th seasons...but season 7 was great.
Mar 15, 2012
I'll have to check out Episodes, I love Weeds and can't wait for it's return. I could probably watch it forever if it kept going, it's already crossed the ridiculous threshold more than once, and I'm ok with that because I'm just enjoying the ride!
Mar 15, 2012
Weeds should have ended at the end of season 3. Agrestic burns down? You didn't 5 more season to convince you that Nancy Botwin is the worst mom ever. But I'm glad Episodes didn't succumb to the black hole that Showtime season breaks are.
weeds hasnt been great since season 4
Mar 15, 2012
i thoroughly enjoyed episodes and was disappointed with by it's season being so short. while weeds may not be the show it once was I'm not going to stop watching until it's over.
Why won't Weeds die?
Mar 15, 2012
But Weeds needs to end where it began: Agrestic.
Mar 15, 2012
I stopped watching Weeds last year, which hurts me so much. If they can finally agree to end after this upcoming season, I will catch up on last season and finish it with fond memories. MLP, she is my dream woman. And I love weed. So I should still be loving this show.
Mar 15, 2012
I like Weeds. And I actually have a good taste in television, considering my favorite shows are Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Community, Sons of Anarchy, Arrested Development, and so on and so on. I think Weeds has maintained its original quality more than most other shows that have gone on this long.

I don't mind good shows lasting a long time. Honestly, I think Buffy could have had another season or two. Same with Weeds. Season 9 seems like a good place to end for Weeds, although its likely that season 10 will be the end..
Mar 15, 2012
CAN'T FREAKING WAIT! It took them long enough!!! Weeds is sooo good ... and Episodes was also good,,, well,, its with Joey
Mar 15, 2012
The 7th season of Weeds was really good, best in a long time, and considering it's SHOWTIME the show will probably get 9 or 10 seasons.
Mar 15, 2012
Was surprised by how much I enjoyed "Episodes". And I've been on board with "Weeds" since the beginning, but I would be just fine if this was the last season.
Mar 15, 2012
Although Weeds has greatly shifted from what it once was I am still enjoying it, the last season was probably the worst but as long as Doug/Andy and the rest are providing some laughs ill keep watching.

Episodes is definitely on my 'to watch' list
Mar 15, 2012
Finally word on Episodes. I'm looking forward to season 2. Why such a long wait? Also, just nine episodes, seriously?