Six Questions Lost Fans Should Ask Themselves

Tonight is the first night you'll notice it's really gone. It's Tuesday, the night Lost fans made excuses not to leave the house for the past dozen-and-a-half weeks. But come 9pm, we won't be glued to our TV screens, we'll be trying to fill the empty hole in our hearts that once belonged to Jack, Hurley, a four-toed statue, a donkey wheel, and a lush paradise simply known as "the island."

The divisive finale left some blown away and others wishing they'd blown themselves away. Like with a gun. The debate over its quality rages on, but the healing process must also begin. We're here to help you find closure with six therapeutic questions all Lost fans should be asking themselves (I'll answer them, too!). Write down your answers in the comments section below, and let the healing begin!

What's the "next Lost"? What's your next obsession?
For me, there simply isn't another show on TV right now that's as wonderfully demanding as Lost. While I think Breaking Bad and Supernatural are just as good in quality, if not better, neither really merits being an obsession. So to answer my own question, I think the "next Lost" is yet to come.

Will you ever re-watch the series now that you know what happened?
No. I'm done with it. It was a great ride, but I don't feel the need to re-watch any part of it. (I've already watched the thing through twice.)

Would you recommend Lost to those who haven't seen it?
Without a doubt, yes. Even though I had my issues with the finale and parts of Season 6, it's still an excellent show. That said, I'd probably tell people that it's okay to quit sometime around Season 4 if frustration sets in.

Do you think the writers knew where they were going the whole time?
I'm struggling with this. I do believe they knew what the final scene was (Jack's eye closing), but that's hardly a surprise, and something that any junior film student could have come up with. However, I'm not totally convinced they had the final 10 minutes planned from the get-go.

Did the finale improve or hurt your impression of the series overall?
I wrote my opinion on this already, but I'll say it again. It didn't sway me either way. I remember the things I loved about Lost, and to me, it remains one of the best shows I've ever seen. I'd say I got my money's worth and then some.

Do you think it ended at the right time? Did you want the show to go on longer?
Honestly, I think the show would have been a lot tighter and would have been better served if it'd been shorter. I think four seasons would have been enough to tell the whole story; condense it, trim the fat, and please leave Ilana, Nikki, Paulo, and Zoe out of the new version.

Your turn!

Follow TV.com writer Tim Surette on Twitter: @TimAtTVDotCom

In my personal opinion, they didn't die neither on the crash or with the H bomb explosion. They all fixed the problems back in the 70's with the H bomb, th island returned to the right time and that was it. All teh eventas that happened after the bomb really did happen. Jack did die on the ast episode after the fight with smokey. kate, miles, lapidus and the others did escape on the plane. Hurley did become the "keeper" with the help of Ben. But as it happens with everyone, they all died eventually. Kate and Co. my not have been able to arrive somewhere, maybe they crashed again or exploded in air (once we now the plane was filled with C4) and died then. Maybe Hurley took care of the island for 5 years, 50, or 200 years. We don't know the reach of the flash forward into the "limbo" (limbo being the version where they were not in a crash), and we certainly know that they all didn't have to die together to meet there, hence boone, sharon, charlie, sun and jin being there as well. For me, it was a nice ending for a great show. The finale could certainly have been better, but if it was, we would still be thinking that it could be better. Afterall, what's the fun in having all the answers and not having to think through it?
@stel_D The island was not purgatory. The island was real, everything that happened on the island happened. It's the timeline that we though was the timeline created after they exploded the H-bomb that was actually limbo.

Anyway I really hated the ended, nothing was answered and it ended up being about bonds friendship etc. e.g. none of them could pass onto heaven or whatever until they all met up again in limbo.

IMO it looked like they knew where they were going then just gave up because they couldnt explain anything so said "Hey presto, it's limbo!"

I would recommend the show to anyone who hasnt watched it and then tell them not to watch the last 10 minutes or so. As for rewatching the show myself, well what's the point in doing that now.
1. nothing yet (cept already over shows on DVD)
2. yes
3. yes
4. sort of
5. neither
6. agree about a shorter show would have been better.
Totally disagree. I started likeing lost from the season 4. The first three seasons were just a bunch of unresolved misteries. I do the oposite, I recomned freinds to watch the season 1-3 or even 4 sum up, and then watch the rest.
My next FLASHFORWARD is Lost. Lost is(was) a great show but it really deserved a better ending, at least for the six years we are watching. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think after first season ended the producers were asked if the island was a pulgatory and the replied negative... Anyway the show could last fewer seasons but the general feeling is quite good. Why do they have to end FLASHFORWARD??? the best show by far
I don't think they knew exactly where they were going, or more precisely i think they changed their minds sometime around the 4th season... Why do i think that? Ok well:

The monster wasn't supposed to be smoke imo. In the first season it was making noises that smoke wouldn't make. The french woman was talking about the others being "infected" with something, the voices in the jungle never got answered, ooooh and the biggest discrepancy (which might seem small, but is not) is the fact that in season 1 when they found "Adam and Eve" they weren't lying together like they showed the "memory" in Season 6. That means that the idea for Adam and Eve was completely different in the beginning... let's not forget the dolls they found in the cave as well... dolls that 2 boys most probably won't be playing with... and the fact that Jack said that the degradation of the clothes says they've been there 40-50 years which is a LOT less than how long ago Jacob put them there.

Basically i think the creators had a vague idea of what the whole thing should be like, but it kept changing through the seasons and they just let it change. Like for instance why did they tell us that there is something very wrong with Michael's son, and then they just went off the show??? I mean come oooon, that boy was supposed to be like the next man in black in my opinion and then they just forgot about him. They made the mistake of asking TOO many questions without answering ANY of them, and it became chaos in the end.

Loved the show, but in my opinion the creators didn't respect their fans enough to make a nice ordered show where, ok don't answer directly but at least make suggestions as to what the answers could be so we can draw our own conclusions... Same thing happened with Alias, although not to the same extent... J.J.Abrams is a question leaver, but not an answer giver...
No matter what u say or believe there will b no other show like LOST.It has changed the concept of watching TV 4 me.And for those of u who r feeling cheated for not getting answers to all the mysteries..there is good news for u guys n gals...LOST season 6 dvd will feature a special episode in which some of tyhe mysteries r gonna b answered in a fun way.
Having hated the endind, I would not watch Lost again. The writers lied because they promised answers that they did not give. I stopped caring about the characters as soon as I heard that the show was ending in 2010. I only hung around for the answers so the finale was lost on me. The writers should have said that they were writing the show for emotional women. I was looking for sci-fi but all I got was the Waltons with scifi trappings.
I think a ot of the unaswered story lines are what made the show. If you exxpected the writers to tell you everything then you are an immature reader.
The episode where NIKKI AND PAOLO meet their well deserved fate was a classic episode! Dumping them from the rest of the episodes, I would fully agree with, but that one final episode with them was great! they restaged the pilot from other viewpoints, added a classic whodunnit double death mystery that was complete in one episode. And we got to see more of Dr Artz again! And the final episode of hurley's favorite TV series! They even added some Ben and Juliet secrets that only N&P and the viewers know! What better way to get rid of 2 annoying characters! Miles was certainly glad to hear from them in the final episodes (and learn about the diamonds whereabouts!) Possibly the turning point of the whole series as the deal was made to finish the series in 3 more seasons and Lost really picked up steam after the mid-season of season 3.
I loved Lost, though I'm sure I wasn't as obsessed as some people. This is the only show besides Heroes that I've cared enough to go to the wiki page and "study" for. For me the "next Lost" could be many different shows. I'm open minded and love stories, so I'll be happy to accept any great show that comes along. I have already re-watched several episodes, and probably will watch more, and I've already recommended Lost to several people.

I think the writers did plan a lot of what they wanted to happen. There were certainly plenty of things that foreshadowed the struggle between good and evil, the "purgatory state", and the sacrifice that would have to be made. I think they must have adjusted their plans many times, but found a good way to wrap things up. I thought the finale was a bit more heartwarming and emotional than I expected, but I enjoyed it as much as any other episode. I did want another season, and would have been happy to keep watching for as long as the show continued.
Dexter is my new obsession! I hope that Lost comes out with a movie later (like the X-files did) and ties up the many loose ends that they left us with! I am not happy with the way it ended, it could have been so much more!
What's the "next Lost"? What's your next obsession?
There are still a few shows I really like. I was never a Lost fan so it's not really being replaced, and I think there were/are MANY better shows on TV than Lost. Invasion and Surface were great Lost-ish types which were cancelled.

Will you ever re-watch the series now that you know what happened?
No. I'm done with it as well and only watched it through once. If I watch it again I'll only have more questions which will never be answered.

Would you recommend Lost to those who haven't seen it?
Yes and no. You can gauge some people. People like me won't like the ending, but I'm sure others will find it artful or poetic or something else. People like my wife for instance, will see more or less into show. More into the character relationship aspects than the technical and will focus less on the questions and mysteries of the show and more of just how certain things turn out with the characters.

Do you think the writers knew where they were going the whole time?
I don't care what anyone says. They'd have to take a few different polygraphs to convince me that they knew. They knew how they wanted it to end I think - but they were clueless on the hows and whys and whens. There were simply too many loose ends, and some ends which were tied up in a very rushed and unrealistic (even by Lost's standards) way.
Do you think it ended at the right time? Did you want the show to go on longer?
No it didn't. It needed to either be longer, or shorter. Either cut the fat and end it somewhere down in Season 4/5 or expand on the relationships, answer and tie up/explain ALL the mysteries and questions and characters and give it 1 more Season or even a few more eps.
I loved Lost & I loved the ending. Like gramof13 I re-watched the finale with the captions. It cleared up so much that I didn't catch on the first viewing. I do not see any purgatory in this show. I saw a spot in the Universe where all those who meant the most to each other could once again meet & go into the next realm. The island was real. They did not die in the crash. Sideways was a universe created by them all so they could find each other again after their deaths. There was no 'now' Christian said to Jack that some had died before him and some long after. Those others I assume were those that got off the island on the plane and Hugo & Ben. They were probably the last and I'd love to see an episode about how long they guarded the island.

Will I watch it again - Yes. I thoroughly enjoyed it. There were some mysteries I'd would have loved to have answered but maybe somethings are meant to remain mysteries. There are also many things I'm sure I didn't catch the first time. I never analyzed it like so many.

Will I recommend it to others - Yes. It was a fun way to spend Tuesday evenings.
I've already started rewatching (instant streaming to my TV via Netflix and a Roku box). Much to my surprise, the experience is even better now that I know how it ends. (I'm trying to limit myself by only watching on Tuesdays :-)
R u kidding me? Supernatural doesn't merit to be an obsession?!?!?! Tell that to the millions of obsessed fans thank you very much (yours truly included). And yes, quality wise Supernatural FAR exceeds Lost..............
My turn!

1 - What's the "next Lost"? What's your next obsession? A: I have as yet to find anything compelling enough to become my next TV obsession. 2 - Will you ever re-watch the series now that you know what happened? A: Yes. I have every episode and every special recorded to my pc. I missed seeing a few along the way, and I’m going back to the day of the crash and watch each and every one of them and become confused all over again. Being confused was half the fun. The other half was the characters and the setting. 3 - Would you recommend Lost to those who haven't seen it? A: Yes. If you start watching, it will always captivate and leave you anxious for answers. 4 - Do you think the writers knew where they were going the whole time? A: I can’t imagine that they did. I think they had a great basic concept, but were not sure if it would take off. When it did fly, I think they, (and probably the actors too,) must have sat around a table brainstorming what’s next. I picture them tossing out all these ideas, some as little sub-plots, not really knowing the final destination of it all. 5 - Did the finale improve or hurt your impression of the series overall? A: It hurt it. I found most episodes over the years to be interesting and entertaining, and that didn’t change because of the ending. On the one hand, I enjoyed the series a lot. On the other hand, when the finale was finished, I just said, “What? That’s it?” What a tinkerbell, easy way out, no resolution ending. After the finale, there really seemed to have been no point at all in the whole series. That hurt it somewhat for me. If there was a point to it, it escapes me. And I’m no moron. 6 - Do you think it ended at the right time? Did you want the show to go on longer? A: Of course, the main thing is: During its run, it didn’t overstay its welcome. Yes, it could have been done in a few less seasons, but it kept us entertained a little longer this way. And no, it went on long enough, considering that they gave us NOTHING in the end. Any longer would have been an even bigger investment in our time for no pay-off. I do think that they wanted to milk the cow for all it was worth. The finale was hyped to death, and after the fans were whipped to a fever pitch with anticipation, the ending seemed more than a bit anticlimactic. They had all the time in the world to, but never did, answer ANY questions. Was the island Heaven or hell or both or neither? Who were Jacob and the Man in Black? Good and evil, angel and demon? What was the Island? Physical, metaphysical, metaphorical, (and if so, for what)? In the final analysis, I feel like they captivated us with an interesting story with no real end. Like: ‘Thanks for everything. Here’s nothing. OK, that was fun. Now fans, go find yourselves something else to do on Tuesday evenings. Bye.’
"Twin Peaks" also suffered from excessive confusing story lines and the audience abandoned it as they should have with "Lost". The only reason for the series to drag on as much as it did was economics, the writers, actors and network made more money.
I watched every single episode and found myself so frustrated at the finale. I was so focused on trying to figure out if something meant something it took the pleasure out of it. BUT......Saturday night, 5/29, at least where I live, the finale was shown again. I was not going to watch to get frustrated all over again and then while channel surfing discovered that it was an enhanced version with the explanations and reminders at the bottom of the screen. When it finished I was literally sobbing and wondering, for real, how I will get by without being "Lost" every Tuesday night. Can't wait for the DVD series to be available. I hope that all of you serious fans had access to that rerun and that you got the closure that I did.
Question 1: There will never be another TV series that will over take me like "Lost". Once before I became obsessed with the X-Files and the writers let me down with the way they ended the series. This time it was senseless and evil minded. To end this wonderful mysterious story-line and the endearing characters by suggesting that as in real life no one survives an air crash of this magnitude and call all that happened was a character study of lost souls from death to a mystical place only to come together as souls letting go and coming to terms with their lives is a writers cop out.
Question 2: Never again. Just like a good book, a good movie or any creative work of art it must have an beginning, meddle and ending that is satisfying to the observer, reader and viewer. Trick or startling ends are acceptable when in keeping with the plot and body of the story. Lost for me is like my very first balloon and when it popped I was startled, sadden and angry that it vanished right before my very eyes.
Question 3: NO, NO, in fact I have already told people who asked if they should see it and said you are wasting your time.
Question 4: Yes, they knew that if they could tell an intriguing story about survivor and tossed in big mysterious thing and added scientific fiction they would hook people. I don't think they had any idea that Lost would resonate so strongly with the viewing masses and create a cult like following. They are laughing all the way to the bank.
Question 5: I am a movie buff, and my wife is an avid reader and a writer of nonfiction and fiction; so, we have an appreciation for a well written story and when Lost ended in a church and Christian told Jack that yes he died and led him to join all the others we felt shock and called the writers scam artist who resorted to trickery. I personally will not watch any thing they write.
Question 6: Early on at the end of Season 2 and the begining of Season 3 I thought that it could end with the finale of Season 3. So I was ready and happy that Lost was coming to an end. Questions would be answered (not all but the most important ones) I could accept that several of the six would die after coming back to the island, but to end it with the aftermath of confusion, fans polarized by their interpretations and verbally combative over what was, is real and what is spiritual or that nothing was real and never happened is wrong.
1-Most shows I watch ended or were cancelled, so I'm going back to the old ones, crime shows. I'm not starting a new one. 2-No. It's too long and not so fun any more. 3-No. 4-No, I don't think they knew. 5-This season kind of ruined the series. 6-It should have ended few seasons ago.
Hey, I want someone to write a book on LOST. One that ties it together as much as possible, then as much as plausible. That's not too much to ask, is it?
The only think I keep in mind iw THW CONSTANCE (season 4). That was LOST for me. A constant habit and I cannot fell again thw same easily!!
You are so right. There were episodes that really sucks and didn't need to be there, ex..Nikki and Paulo. Ilana - not so much. She didn't really had her own. There were episodes of Jack being a drunken a-hole and it was just too much worthless time spent. There are other shows that are good to watch but nothing that would match the attachment that viewers gave to LOST. LOSTfans made sure nothing gets in the way of their Tuesday night date with LOST. I know I did. I wouldn't do this for any other show.
I do not know what happens. I did not watch the final. Are the last few seasons. So I will get them all on Blu-Ray. I have 1-5 now. Will get the rest and then when I have it all, watch it from A-Z.
1.) What's the "next Lost"? What's your next obsession?

I've started watching Tudors and like it for a summer show to watch on Netflix and on demand. I also love Supernatural, but NOTHING will ever be as cool and exciting as LOST was to watch. I watched it from the first second since I was a Matthew Fox fan from PO5.

2.) Will you ever re-watch the series now that you know what happened?
Probably not the whole series, but I do want to watch the finale again. I saved it on DVR. 3.) Would you recommend Lost to those who haven't seen it?
Yes, I always do! My 13 year son and his friend started watching it because I never shut up about it. LOL! I have many close friends and online friends that watched it, too.

4.) Do you think the writers knew where they were going the whole time?
Definitely. Every second was planned.

5.) Did the finale improve or hurt your impression of the series overall?
I didn't do either. It was just the final moments of them all. I think it was done well.

6.) Do you think it ended at the right time? Did you want the show to go on longer?
I'd always love for it to be on still, but I think they ended it exactly how and when it should be ended.
The 5th season was the highlight of the series for me. The whole time travel storyline was fascinating! The episode where Desmond and Penny are reunited on Christmas Eve always makes me cry and is my fave of the series.

I actually thought the Nikki and Paulo story was extremely creative and well done. Miles digging up the diamonds in the final season was a hoot!

I recommend Breaking Bad as well, best scripted tv show on now and highly endorsed by Stephen King.
This is a sign of things to come...The series made money for 6 years, what do they care if they dropped us off a cliff with their convoluted story line (however interesting but leading nowhere). They are laughing all the way to the bank.
I didn't watch LOST from the begining. I saw a few episodes when I was w/ my son in TN. then 2-3 years ago, scifi had 4 episodes a night and I TVOd them.. i was hooked. I really enjoyed this whole experience of LOST. As for the ending, it was the right time for it to end and death is always final. I would watch it again and I have already told those whodidn,t see it, to watch it ..watch it.
(1)There will be a next lost, just a matter of time, most shows today have taken bits and pieces from other series, ideas from books and movies, so hopefully an improved Lost will eventually happen, Breaking Bad, Dexter, True Blood, Caprica all formed out of quality shows like 24, sopranos, six feet under etc... (2) definitely, I want to go back and rewatch, taking note of the big questions I want answered and perhaps being able to look back now, with the knowledge of the finale (which admittedly isn't a lot) and be able to watch it with perhaps a fresh perspective. (3)I would recommend it to anyone that I think would love sit around and speculate about the show. (4) I think they had a beginning and parts of the end, not necessarily the journey on how to get there, this is evidenced by the complexity of the show and the sheer number of unanswered questions (hundreds)BTW not answering most of these questions was weak and a wee bit insulting to the loyal fans that kept watching for the answers, we were promised early on that answers would be forthcoming. Everytime an answer came, 5 more questions took it's place, yet we kept watching, hoping for answers. (5)Definitely, I feel the show is incomplete, I actually felt quite insulted, slapped in the face, had I known so few questions would have been answered to begin with, I would not have watched any of it! (6) It could have been told without the unecessary fluff and side stories and condensed it into 4 seasons of jam packed fun and answering more questions, I felt the parrallel /alt verse was a waste of time, as it led to nowhere, this time should have been used to answer more questions, every flash sideways should have jumped to answering an important question, the writers wrote this not for their fans, if they had, they would have done the final season completely different! The show could have easily gone on for another few seasons with more flaff, more questions, and eventually wind up with the same answers.
1. breaking bad, dexter, supernatural but LOST is original cannot be replace 2. NO 3. YES 4. NO 5. NO it didn't hurt 6.Yes and No
I must admit - LOST was the best show ever on TV. And yes it could had been shorter in order to tell the story. But I love most of characters so much that I was thrilled enough to watch the show till the bitter end. The final was a bit disturbing and maybe it did not make me happy - but so I will keep on guessing forever what really happend at all. Goodbye my friends - I will miss you, always. Adam
Although I agree with much of what you stated I do disagree with some areas. Let's start with the number of seasons; It seemed right to have the 6th be the final. Season 5 should have been at least 1 episode longer for more DHARMA Info. Season 5 midway felt a little rushed. All in all I will be re-watching and enjoying the characters I know an loved.
I'm done with LOST it was a true original and will remain that way for many years to come. There have been several shows that were original, The Sopranos, LOST, 24, Alias, Deadwood, Battlestar Galactica, Six Feet Under but currently for me Dexter, Caprica and Fringe fill that niche. I do hope they will come up with something original in the Fall season but my hopes aren't up. It seems like the same ole stuff only different actors.
While i think the show had a good closing there is one more story I would love to see. I think a 2 hour straight to DVD movie covering the Hurley / Linus timeline would be cool. I had to wonder how things went for them when Hurley thanked Linus for being his number 2.

Despite what people think I really liked the ending. After all the crap those characters went through they deserved the nice happy ending that got.
I think it's really funny how people who hated the finale are constantly acting like only dumb, stupid fanboys watched until the end... 1. THEY are all acting like they stopped watching ages ago, and that they're oh so smart... What the hell are they still reading articles about a show that sucked SO hard and that you haven't watched for 4 years? 2. I myself have a college degree in physics and in computer science ... So if that's "without a brain", I'll start crying my eyes out the day I actually get a brain... If that's what would make me such a prick like the haters we see a lot lately

Now the answers to the questions:
1. There will never be a 2nd Lost. It's like there will never be a 2nd BSG, Alias or 24... Those series were all among the starters for the wave of great serialized TV we have gotten since 2001-2004. First times are always the best and I think serialized TV has got a really hard time to be this spectacular once again.
2. Absolutely. I'm starting after season 6 of Weeds with some friends who have never seen it.
3. Depends on who that person is. I have friends who would love it and friends who would absolutely hate it.
4. They had a general idea, especially after ending season 1. But like every series single plotlines have been thought up to fill the series.
5. It improved.
6.It was the right time.
it was a great show with a kind of dumb ending, i mean all shows could end like this from now on, evereybody meets up in heaven and they are happy. the thing that bothered me was that they didn't really answer important questions like: what the hell was the island, why did it had a cork instead of a heart?why does it need to be protected? the smoke had died but if it had escaped what would have happend? was there another evil on the island?
the only question: "why did i even bother to watch this garbage?"

poor show, only the fanboys managed to watched it to the end. people with brains stopped watched during 2nd season when it became obvious the authors are just making it up as they go.
1. West Wing already wins and will be my obsession forever
2.Yes
3. Yes
4. No, but by season 3 maybe
5. Improved, loved it
6. Sad it ended, but it was about the right time
answering the question. 1- I don't think there will be another show like lost, and I don't want to obsess that much again. 2- maybe but not right away. 3- absolutely. 4- no, they had somethings in mind but they didn't know that this is going to be LOST (the great show) when they started, and they weren't really going to know which actors would want to leave, and which characters are going to be hated ot loved, but I think when they signed the 3 seasons deal they kind of knew how to end it. 5- the finale was awesome, after rewatching it without just wanting to know every answer to everything, I really admired the episode very much. 6- As I said, in season 3 when they didn't know how to end it, it was starting to get boring but then when they knew that they have 3 seasons to tell the story correctly, it worked, so I think as seasons every season had a good story arc and theme but some episodes in the middle we could have done without
O ya I love the sci fi stuff so I watch Stargate Universe, and Sanctuary. Mainstream show I like the best is Fringe. I will miss Lost but it only got scifish near season 4.. I loved Flash Forward and am sooo mad that it did not make it but now I wont have 5 years and then disappoinment to look forward to lol...Love Glee,Mentalist,Bones, so I will survive without Lost.. B UT looking forward to whatever JJ can come up with next
I really do wish they had chosen to NOT do the Purgatory stuff because people are now saying they knew it all along... UMM NO! Until the Sideways showed up in season six they were not in purgatory they were REALLY on the island...SOOO anyways.. other then that I liked the ending even though we still are left with some things... the writers could not tie up everything that they had thrown out there because sometimes they did something and then went huh that doesnt work lets forget it.. however the fans DONT forget lol
@MikeOrangeman Please do watch it, because your conclusion, as pretty much anyone who watched the finale knows, was wrong.
I don't know about anyone else but lost touch with the series near the end of season one...when I concluded they were all dead and passing on through purgatory...(Catholic sixth sense)...told my friend that that would be the finale when it was all over. She didn't believe me and....again not sure how many also figured it out but that's when I gave up on the series. Now that its over, I'm getting the DVDs to watch in its entirety.
My obsession is "Flash Forward." I am every bit as intrigued as I was with "Lost" and I would be on the edge of my seat waiting for the new season -- except there isn't going to be one. It's been years since I was this excited about a show, and I think I am more into it than I was into "Lost" -- even though I saw every episode of all six seasons of "Lost."

As for whether "Lost" was long enough, I think if they had had more time they would have done stories to answer more of our questions...I think they didn't do the answers because many of them could only be answered with entire episodes focusing on them and there just wasn't time given the end point for the series.

As for rewatching "Lost," up until the last five minutes of the last episode, I had planned on starting at the beginning and rewatching the whole thing to try to catch the things I had missed. After discovering that Juliet's words, "It worked," were meaningless, and that it *wasn't* a genuine parallel universe, and that everyone would *not* get a happy ending and get on with their lives after remembering the island, I had no desire at all to ever revisit the show or its characters. As to whether I felt the finale hurt or helped the series overall, I'll let you guess (although it would have been worse if they had left out the Sideways world entirely).

And no, I would not recommend the series to those who have not seen it; if I had known how it would end, I'm not sure I would have stuck it out.
Anyone got trouble summing up Lost? Two films: Jacobs Ladder meets Sixth Sense. Lost blended genres that's it. Original in format, but rubbish at final delivery. Wanna see something original, then get MPD Psycho and if you think Lost was clever, just try and follow that series :p. Lost is deffo light.

Dexter would be cool, if they followed the book better, but that'd kill off the female interest, a guy making psycho killing kids and who has a demon inside him. The next best stuff is coming from asia.
I agree with DawsonLeery... Fringe will definitely be my new obsession. That said, I don't think there'll ever be a tv show that can replace Lost.
I agree with DawsonLeery... my new obsession is definitely going to be Fringe. That said, I don't think there's a show out there that can really replace Lost.
They were improvising go to SciFi Wire
1) My favourite show now is Dexter, but the only thing that can match lost , is S.K The Dark Tower series , and it's still a couple of years away

2)I was thinking of doing it , but the end of the show doesn't leave much room for looking for clues all through out the whole story so probably no

3) I will totally recommend it , but I will also tell people not to make an obssession out of it because they will be dissapointed.

4)I think the popularity of the show overwhelmed the writers , I mean maybe they had a central ideal of how the show was gonna turn out , but before they ended it they knew there was no way to finish it tying up all loose ends.

5) It hurted so bad no to get all the answers , but I guess the finale could have been worse.

6) It could have finished with the Oceanic Six return , but since the Jacob storyline started also the lack of answers , so it should have at least one more season to wrap things up
Load More Comments