So, Anya Won Project Runway. That's Nice.

What makes a great season of Project Runway, as always, is a good mix of big, bitchy personalities and some great design. And that’s exactly what Season 9 provided. I was particularly intrigued by Bert Keeter, the recovering, fifty-something alcoholic who twirled with Halston at Studio 54 during the coke-tastic ‘70s. This guy has lived! I especially liked how everyone hated him at first and couldn’t understand where the hell he was coming from (i.e. the coke-tastic ‘70s), but then grew to love him like the passive-aggressive den mama he was born to be. Even Joshua McKinley—the most atrocious, abrasive, skeezy, tacky, yet utterly entertaining contestant in Runway history—fell for big, lovable Bert and his strange, puffy appliques and balloon pants.

And what of Joshua? This is the first guy to legitimately challenge Season 1’s Wendy Pepper for the Evil Queen crown; yes, more so even than Santino Rice, whose villainy was always an act, a need to be noticed and acknowledged at any cost. Whereas Joshua’s villainy oozed from every, cologne-flooded pore, his hair a spray-shellacked helmet, those tortured eyebrows fluttering in every direction as he served up google-eyed facial expressions like some Sicilian silent movie villain. I kind of loved the guy! A year from now, I guarantee you he’s the one who will still be eking out a career as an on-air personality, maybe as a Drag Race judge or a human footrest for Barbara Walters on The View.

And let’s not forget Viktor, the silent and deadly Viktor, who lay quietly waiting, like a coiled asp in a jewelry box, waiting to spring out at any moment and affix himself to Heidi Klum’s neck should viktory not be his. And it wasn’t. He grew too confident, I think. Too proud. He was the designer’s designer. He deserved to win it all. But he blew it.

And so Anya is our winner. Yawn. That’s nice. Pretty, pretty Anya. Miss Trinidad and Tobago Universe Sex Tape Oops I Just Learned How to Sew Oh My God Did I Just Win ANOTHER Challenge This is So Crazy I Have Such a Charmed Life Anya.

You know, I have a theory, which is that the new rule of Tim Gunn giving the designers $500 and a last trip to Mood to “enhance” their collections any way they saw fit was added at the last minute, so Anya could get her show up to speed. I’d even go so far as to guess that producers kept all four contestants in the running because Anya’s preliminary runway critique went so terribly; but since they had already deemed her the winner, they had to somehow justify keeping her in the competition. Yes! That’s how much the judges loved their pet Anya. They would move mountains if they had to, just so long as they could crown her the winner without it looking entirely too suspicious. Her collection was pretty and flouncy and tropical and, well, kind of boring, sorry. And you know whose was kinda great? Kimberly’s. That’s right. She had the showiest, most cohesive, most wearable show. And she ended up in fourth place. Why? Cause she wasn’t a boy, and she wasn’t Anya.

Do you think Anya deserved to win? Make your case, one way or the other, in the comments!

Joshua deserved to win! Anya is such a boring one note designer. I am outraged.
You are such a lowly bitch Seth. You are just a puny nothing compared to any of these designers. Who are you to even judge? I bet you can't even sew a piece of cloth consistently.
Anya showed a super snoozefest collection. No sewing required and of course with a help of that last trip to Mood. Surprise, surprise. It reminded me when the judges chose Gretchen over Mondo. The snooze over the real innovation!
I think Anya deserved to win based soley on the show she put together for the final runway. Her first dres was flowy and beautiful, she was the only one with consistant color and pop in her collection. Viktor's Prints were smacktastic but his chifon was a total letdown. Personally I think the order should have been Anya, Kimberly, Viktor and Joshua. For the last runway.

However, I think the judges cheated when they refused to eliminate Anya in the second to last runway. Her collection was NOT up to snuff but instead of eleminating her and having only three people advance, the judges decided to keep her around. This is not her fault, but it is cheating on behalf of the judges. They should have sent her home.

Was Anya's presentation alittle one note? yes. But it was beautiful, it was colorful and it was well designed. So I think the deserved the win but didn't deserve to be the to compete in the first place. And really, it's not her fault. The judges should not have let her stay. They are the ones to blame for violating the inegrity of the show's rules.
I love Anya too. It was clear from the beginning that she has the talent for a great designer. So she is not the best seamstress, she can hire someone to do that. The judges were right on the money.......watching from the TV, I cannot tell if the items are sewn perfectly or not, but the actual design comes through. I wonder what the show does with the left over fabrics. I would make a quilt out of the left overs or they should. Great job, Anya.
I love Anya, she was my favorite from the beginning, but I also thought her collection wasn't worth the eventual win. If she had put in more constructed dresses like the black one she made, I think she would have been a decent finalist. So I'm not sorry that she won, but I do think it was undeserved at the moment.

I loved how Josh M evolved, his collection was good and seeing where he came from, he grew most of all and he has hundreds of ideas for new collections - Victor always makes the same jacket over and over again. I don't see that working in the future. And besides that, I truly hate his nasty, snarky personality and God-complex. For that alone, I'm glad he didn't win.

I had to admit I liked Kimberley's as well, although I never thought she was finalist-material, I didn't consider her last of those four based on the final collection.
Agree with everything above except that Joshua should have won.
Love Anya...glad she won! As far as the pre-runway critique both her and Kimberly's looks were pretty abysmal. I think that letting all four go to the finale was a great call. I agree she didn't blow me away with her collection although I did think it was good. I think that it is important to take into consideration the entire season not make a final decision based solely on the finale...therefore I think Anya wining was the right decision and much deserved.
I really liked Anya in the beginning, what with her great taste and accent and beauty queen crown. I was for sure she would be a front-runner and that one of the boys would take the title before her (Viktor or Ryan Anthony, eventually Josh M). The top 8 challenge when they were in teams of four was when I started to notice the favoritism (since it was obvious Viktor should have won). When they announced that she would also be showing her whole collection during the first part of the finale, I knew that she would be picked as the winner. Then they had the extra shopping trip to Mood and I felt as frustrated as Josh! I liked her collection, but did not think her silhouettes were winning designs.
I don't think Anya deserved to win she did not show one jacket, one pair of pants, one sleeve, one pair of shorts. This is fashion week how can you show an entire collection with only sleeveless dresses. Kimberly should have won. Her clothes were nice and wearable. But I guess not being a fabulous gay man, a beauty queen or some other type of character that produced ratings gold, left her incapable of winning.
Anya showed a jumper and a bathing suit, though- does she get any credit for that? In the end, winner/loser is in the eyes of the beholder, and apparently, the Judges felt she was that. As for Kimberly, I liked her collection, too, a lot better than Josh's.
I was rooting for her the whole way, but after seeing her get stuck at home, and then the tough critique for her mini collection, I was afraid her inexperience was catching up with her. I haven't watched the finale yet (btw, if I want a spoiler, I know where to look, and this article title shouldn't have been it), but I'm going to be very interested to see if she really deserved it, or not. But for those who think they added the final challenge to give Anya the edge- BS. They always have a twist, and with all the work Anya had left to do on her stuff, the last thing she needed was to make another outfit, even if it turned out well. The producers may well have kept her in for the last eppy, but that's as far as I'll believe any conspiracy theory. I have too much respect for Heidi, Michael and Nina to believe otherwise, and if I didn't, I wouldn't watch the show.
They didn't have to make another outfit. They got $500 to improve the looks they already had.
Okay, now I've actually watched it. Yeah, Anya made the most of her opportunity. Too bad the others didn't- Oh wait, they did! Josh made his scary green shorts (which Heidi liked, go figure) and Viktor made his peekaboo see through dress. I guess that makes it an even playing field, eh? I still say it was just a last minute twist- only it was one that was a little more friendly than most seasons. After all, this time they only had five weeks, which is the shortest amount of time any group of designers have had to make a 10 pc. collection. The producers probably thought everyone could use the extra time and money, not just Anya, when they decided to do this- and I'm betting they made their decision long before Anya was trashed on the runway in finale part one. But what do I know? I liked her collection best after seeing them all, but Viktor second best, closely followed by Kimberly. Hated Josh's big time, but maybe that's just the color palette.
Anya had the most boring, uninspired, basic collection and she won. Such a disappointment. Kimberly, Viktor and Josh all deserved it more and tried their best to win, Anya kind of didn't care then realised she had done nothing and all of a sudden she was saved then $500 was thrown at her and she won. Not happy.
Hey! I had just downloaded the show and was about to watch it but checked tv.com for big bang theory updates and saw this article. Why would you ruin the ending? that has got to be the stupidest thing ever for a tv writer to do. Shame on you!
agree. I hadn't watch the finale yet and saw this title and the surprise was ruined!
I don't understand how Anya's inspiration was the sea and yet her collection is full of brown. Unless the ocean in Trinidad is something you really don't want to swim in.
actually, if you listened it was called 'Tobago Love' ...which is an island with an ocean, and sand and palm trees and other brown/neutral colours :)
Too obvious from the start. Heidi and the other producers had decided from day one. I only watched this episode for the collections, not for the announcement of the winner.

I would LOVE to se more Josh, but in the end: it is Anyas clothes I would buy..
Who cares?
And for the person who wrote this article!! thank god I didnt see the title, you did ruin it for the others!!! OMG If someone has an article, link , video whatever of Joshuas true reaction I would love to see it..... He must still be bitching around how he deserves it . Humble Josh, (*lol*) poor him
In the end there was a point that made a difference in the decision, it was who could be able to launch or to orient a line that could actually make money. Even if you dont share my opinion Any has an eye for what the market is asking for and that makes a whole difference when it comes to a brand and a new designer; ideas are amazing, creativity and talent, but do you have the maturity to represent your view or transform it in terms of market. Viktors collection had great pieces not a cohesion and that is something that we could all see, i dont know what happened to him He was the most likely to win. Kimberly desolee mon amie but it had so many things that where all over the place. Josh tacky tacky tacky, someone on this forum said nobody will wear a plastic thing, correct, because in terms of market the segmentation would barely be enough. So yes, I agree that I bet Joshua must be dying cuz she did it last minute but this is not also a SEAMSTRESS contests , its a fashion competition and hate it or like it, Anya has that element to be pushed to more. Interesting season great designers!!!
C'mon! Try a different title. Dick move Seth. Dick move.
Anya's were beautiful. Joshua's were tacky, Viktor's prints were nice, and I only liked Kimberly's cream blouse and pants and the black dress. the rest was way too loud. Neoprene and plastic....yes it's daring, but try and wear it. It would be so hot and uncomfortable!!
lol, I was gonna watch it tonight and then saw the title of the article on the home page.

But I do have to thank you, 'cause it looks like the finale turned out to be a waste of time, and would've taken me away from watching something good, like Justified :)

Thanks Seth :)
I actually liked Josh's collection the best now that I have watched it. I really wanted the winner to be Viktor but I agree he did blow it. I was very underwhelmed by what he showed us. Anya's was boring if you ask me and Kimberly's I really didn't like except the gown.
Anya had the best clothes up there. Would you wear lime green shorts with laces up the front?
If I had the legs for it, yes....but to keep the world from spinning off it's axe I'd better not put them on.
ooooh hey thanks for spoiling that for me and a whole bunch of others....thanks a whole bunch!!!!!! that really sucks...i was really looking forward to watching it and not being spoiled on the winner for the first time in a while...well, guess that's not happening! seriously dude, what were you thinking when you wrote that freakin' title?!!
"We have a Winner for Project Runway, and...Yeah." <-- Less-spoiling title. Do this next time.

I don't watch the show, but I don't want you doing this for something I care about.
ERGH!!! Why spoil it with the title? Come on!!!

Seth, I wish you didn't put who won in the title of this article! You ruined the finale for me :(
i completely agree! anya's collection was poorly sewn and looked like something from the summer clothes of target :| i liked kimberly's the best and josh's was too flambouyant for my taste