So How Real Do You Think Mob Wives Really Is?

Is your front door locked? Are your blinds drawn? Because we are discussing the innermost lives of La Cosa Nostra right now, and by that I mean Mob Wives on VH1.

Have you seen this show? According to the network, Mob Wives is a "docu-soap that follows the lives of four struggling, 'allegedly' associated women who have to pick up the pieces and carry on after their husbands or fathers do time for Mob-related activities." But how is VH1 making it and what lives have been lost in the process? Is there a crack staff of cameramen and editors working out of a mattress-filled safe house in Staten Island? Will I get “whacked” if I point out that Renee, Mafia Princess, has eyebrows straight off of Ursula, Sea Witch?

Or do these women have as much association with the Mafia as I have with Krispy Kreme Donuts (ate one once)? Are they really just adorably delusional wannabes whose greatest con is getting a reality contract off of VH1? Is Mob Wives a gritty look into the personal lives of legit mafioso, or a gritty look into the personal lives of four guaranteed pathological liars? Let’s examine the evidence gathered in the first three episodes and render our verdicts:

EXHIBIT A:
Karen Gravano is trying desperately to escape her father’s mobster past by moving back to Staten Island from Arizona, writing a book about the mob, and starring in Mob Wives. Her father, Sammy ‘The Bull’ Gravano, was apparently a pretty big deal in the 90’s—but then again, so were Cross Colors.

VERDICT:
Authentic mob connection. Why else would she elect not to appear onscreen, but instead be portrayed on the show by John Travolta? (Uncredited, but I'd recognize those baby blues anywhere.)

EXHIBIT B:
Drita D’Avanzo is the most beautiful sociopath ever caught on camera.

She’s a raging mobster shaped like Kate Moss, and she will casually refer to breaking a girl’s cheekbone in a club while pounding a punching bag with pink boxing gloves. In Episode 2, we saw her rage switch get “flipped”:

Her husband has been in jail almost the entire time they've been married, presumably for his own safety, and he refuses to tell her when he’s getting out.

VERDICT:
Despite her thick Staten Island accent, Drita is actually, like, Albanian? And her dad is a soccer coach? Not that it matters. I will take Drita any way I can get her, she’s the most beautiful and deadly thing to cross my TV screen since the end of Shark Week.

EXHIBIT C:
Carla Facciolo is married to an imprisoned stock broker who she is in the process of separating from. She’s constantly at the gym, and I have yet to see her make a facial expression.

VERDICT:
Carla has raised her 8-year-old twins alone while her husband has been in jail, and she has told them their whole lives that he is “at work,” so maybe we shouldn’t be shocked if she padded her resume to get on a reality show.

EXHIBIT D:
For your consideration:

Renee Graziano, the Maria Callas of Mob Wives, the self-proclaimed Mafia Princess. This woman is literally made to have dramatic meltdowns, the same way a bird is made to fly or a fish to swim. She’s constantly weeping to her therapist, sobbing at her son, storming out of bars, pulling on f**k-me boots while staring deeply into her own reflection, all of which is clearly bravado to shield the most sensitive heart beating on Staten Island. In Sunday's episode, her ex-husband and the father of her son AJ was arrested in an FBI “Mob Bust,” which resulted in an epic meltdown that impressed no one—especially not her exquisitely bored son.

VERDICT:
Renee is, by all accounts, the most “in the lifestyle,” but considering our only evidence of that connection is her screaming at CNN and being greeted warmly by a pizzeria owner, its entirely possible she’s just a hell of a good time.

As of Episode 3 the jury is still out. I’m not really certain if I should leave my panic closet to get some groceries or if goons have cut the brakes on my Tracker.

QUESTIONS:
... Do you think Episode 4 will establish definite mob ties, or is it safe to leave my house?

... Which of these Mob Wives actually is in the Mob?

... Do you know how to tell if brakes have been cut?

I don't believe for one second its real. Even for entertainment purposes it's pretty gross to watch. Reminds me of Honey Boo boo.
There is NO Way those men are wives!
Seriously, they look like they spend a ton of money to look like a tranny.
No I am being unfair to the tranny.
Drita looks like a pre teen boy with fake tits. She tries to act tough but one day in my neighborhood, she'd be trying to put her ugly face back together.
Renee is extremely scary looking. I can't imagine she actually paid to look like that. It's funny to watch, sorta like its fun to watch the animals at the zoo.
I hate how people act like they know these people personally. You don't. Neither do I, however this is my opinion. I don't think people who have a strong connection to La cosa nostra would be on T.V. I'm not saying that they don't have some connections, but it is pretty obvious that they are not connected to capitani (captains), or any serious member of la cosa nostra. I could be wrong but like I said I don't know them, and neither do you. As for the show I don't like it, I don't like any of the shows like it (i.e. Jersey Shore/ Real house wives of NJ) I'm Italian and I live in the jersey shore.
The poor italian people this just can not be true I had italian girl friends none that were so nasty as this bunch.
Isn't this for entertainment? I mean let me tell you, if it's legit you keep your mouth shut. Take it for what it is and get the fuck over it.
These trashy italians are so uneducated its painful. It's like their playing make believe and mimicking what they see in mob movies. Now that their husbands are gone they just play pretend with eachother its really funny.
So trashy. The wives I know with connections are usually petite, strikingly beautiful and focused on home life and being a mother, and pretend to ignore anything that has to do with their husbands activities. I dated someone with mob connections for a few years but never really believed him until the end, which is when I broke it off. I always thought he was trying to sound cool. He forbid me from even writing in my personal diary about him and his family!!! A freaking tv show called mobwives is unfathomable. These women are a disgrace to femininity and compassion.
These are women? I'vs literally never seen more hideous manly repulsive women in my life. I can't imagine anyone looking at any of them and saying yes I want to wake up to that face and that voice!
I am a proud Italian American. I have lived through the envy of persosn who worked for the mob. These programs are a disgrace to My Grandparent's Names. They were hard working honest non confrontational immigrants who brought up large families without the Stinking Thinking of these women and the fools from New Jersey who are so into themselves they couldn't see the damage they are doing to young Italian Americans. I won't watch it and I hope if you are of an Italian background you will change the channel also.
Should be called Mob Wives wannabees. You just don't go on national Television bragging about your past, present and future if your connected.
RuPaul should teach them how to be classy!!!
sammy the bull was the second highest ranking mafioso in what was, at the time, the biggest criminal organization in the united states. To say he is a nobody really proves that you have no idea what you are talking about. Graziano was also pretty big time. The others were really more so money makers rather than decision makers, but prominant none-the-less.

That being said, it baffles me the things these women say. They get on camera with such confidence about how these "rats" are such low lifes, meanwhile their husbands and fathers are responsible for such dispicable crimes. And they definately deserve to be where they belong, and deserved to be "ratted" on.
Although most of the drama protrayed seems to be staged, these women appear to have real mob ties. What is most disturbing about this show is not the bad hair, bad make up or stripper attire. What is most disgusting is that while there is plenty of "poor me" from these aging leopard clad skanks, there is not one word of sympathy for the victims of the crimes their significant others have committed. This show is a disgrace.
Karen Gravano is I think still on probation for a drug deal she did with her Father in Arizona. She's no angle.
No angle? It's called "spell check"...use it.
I, WANT TO SMACK THAT **** DRITTA I WOULD FLY BACK TO SI. TO KICK THE **** OUT OF HER SHE IS THE MOST DISCGUSTING PIECE OF DOG ****
Sure you would
I love vhr so I been doomed to watching this idiotic show. These fat slobs been rode hard and put away wet! They are the poorest excuses for the word "women" then I ever seen in my entire life. Put them down and do us the favor. Only thing they would give us is more lard then the oil spill gave!
this show is stupid, fake, and a waste of time! real wives of real men who really are locked up don't go out dressed sexy for other men to see and drink or live it up!!!!!! vh-1 should try airing a real "reality" show! real wives have to do everything, we don't have time for doing out nails and drinking because we're too busy explaining to our children why daddy's gone! we are too busy working and paying bills, we don't have big fancy houses to live in either!!!! that ladies is REAL!!!!!!!!!
You seriously don't know what your talking about. I know lots of people who's man could be in jail and those special GIRL time is whT helps with the stress of what's going on. And we wouldn't have to be out workin and making money to pay bills and what not cuz a real GANGSTA knows to put his family first and would be putting secret money away for bad times like going to jail and making sure that if they are in jail your wife and kid would still have a roof over their head. Yes we might be on a budget that we are not use to but at least we knownwe have money for our mortgage payments and bills and extra for food and what not but we still already have the stuff from before. We won't be spending money at the drop of a dime like we normally could til our hubby's get out but at least it would be enough to get by. The part you wrote THAT LADY IS REAL!!!! is complete bull! You don't know the lives we live so how can you say that it's fake and that we wouldn't be out with our girls drinking and doing nails and would be working and explaining to the kids about daddy when you haven't gone thru it to know. And when your With a gangster you have to look a certain way and even if he goes to jail you still have to remain dressing a certain and your man in jail wouldn't worry cuz if he's a real gangster he would trust her. If some guy came up to me if my hubby's ever went away I would tell them to fuck off. No guy would ever talk to me unless I know them cuz I don't give off the vibe that I'm looking for anyone. I usually don't write comments foe anything but when I read your it makes me sick that people who don't know or understand say that it's either not real / fake. I undrstqnd if you wanna say the show sucks or whatever but to get into details of the way live when it's obvious you don't know what it's like is ridiculous. Get back to work! While I kick my feet up and relax on my expensive custume couch and only worry about taking care of my kids and not have to worry about work and my house keeper can helps me out twice a week. Goodnight.

I feel bad. Your life must suck for you to be jealous of the girls on tv to talk that much trash about them.
More +
I think the show is for entertainment and that's it. Its fun to watch sometimes but I'm pretty sure everyone knows its bullshit. I do agree with you as far as going out shopping getting your nails done getting your hair done spending time with your girls. I've been locked up more than once and I know for a fact then my girl always felt better about herself and about the situation we were both in after she went out and did those types of things. So I agree with you 100% on that level.
U r such a lier, u sound just as fake and stupid as those manchicks on that show. "Real Gansters" haha, whatever, hahahahahaha!!!
Now lookee hearah....I dun like duh mob guys...dey are fun to do in the ass here in jail...they like big guys like me.... dey all **** and enjoy takin duh sausage duh way dey REALLY want it.
Wow...are you speaking English? I think I lost a few brain cells just by reading your post. "duh way dey"...WHAT??
I can't quit. I'm having too much fun! "Now lookee hearah....I dun like duh mob guys"...LMAO! Is "dey" = they?
These women are all whores, skanks, sluts and their children are all inbred stupid low lifes. I think all mob people are cowards, gay and stupid. I encourage you to spit in the face of all of these skeevozas and encourage these fat pigs to die a slow and horrible death
Can you explain to me how the hell you can call somebody gay? When the comment before this one with how much you like fucking guys in jail. You are talking about people being uneducated and gay I think you're exactly everything that you just called them. But I just saw the date on this comment so I'm pretty sure that you're not going to be able to read this unless that is you have access to the Internet in prison.
Yeah, you're WAY classier than they are...smh.
Don't be mad "nunyer" maybe u take it in the back door just like those mafioshoes in jail.
Kick ass Renee. If ur real or fake..., KA!!!!! More women need to understand this[your man can't ~~or rather should not disrespect your friends or family]. If you don't know wats going on thats different. But..., when you do--don't go 4 it!!! Kids and afmily first!!!!!
My first response was 'who in the hell would allow these hoe's to make usd$$ out of the crimes their significant others,.. or who ever have comitted"? its just not right!!! I have arrived at the consensus that ths is for entertainment purposes only. Yeah, so what--everybody cnt stay young pretty with a nice bod forever, (as they are all washed up). But the show is good. I must admit. Its entertaining and fun with a nice drink on this strange [wana rain, wana b cloudy, i'm not sure if the sun will stay out day]. Who was that holding on to Renee's hair? Please leaveRenee alone. She makes alot of sense. if someone disrespects your family or friends you should put them in check. She had all thre right to kick dark hair ass. These gals probably need this show to make the usd to keep up the lavish life style. I do not like the furs, for some reason they look poor quality. I love renee's kitchen--the granite and Silstone is simply beautiful.
Flush the four beauty!s down the bowl, real fast.Nothing but of buch of s--t.

They look all washed up, no make-up can help them. All beat up broad!s.

No one with a should watch this piece of crap. Feel bad for there kid!s.
I don\'t know how connected the women are to organized crime, but I can tell you that their significant others were very prominent people in New York Organized crime. Karen\'s father Sammy the bull was the underboss to john Gotti, Renee\'s father, Anthony Graziano was the consigliere, her husband was picked up in the largest mob bust in history as announced by US Attorney Eric Holder; Carla\'s husband, Joe Ferragamo ran a multi million dollar stock fraud scam for the mob, and Drita\'s husband, Lee D\'vanzao ran a bank robbery crew. A simple ggogle search will show that these were big time mafioso
Princess……I was just replying to the question “How Real Do You Thing Mob Wives Are”? That’s what this page is all about, so deal…Me Jealous??? Of 4 Crazy Cougars pretending to be a Mob Wives, not even on a bad day.
I don't know how real any of the mob connections are except Karen's. My thought is the connections can't be too strong if the wives are on TV. Isn't the mob all about being discreet? Discreet would be the last word to use when describing these women. However, I love the show. There is nothing better than watching grown crazy b****es fight. For those of you who don't like the show don't watch it.
Ok just like i tell ppl on facebook about my statuses if you don't like it don't read it. I don't like ppl talking smack on these women. I love the show and the women are real as they come and they go through things like everybody else does. If you don't like the show don't watch it. Or did you watch it and you are jealous of the women on the show so you want to post negative comments? I think the show is awesome. Haters get off the page.
The pages entitled is Mob Wives fake or not??? Therefore it's asking the opinions of anyone and everyone that reads the title. If it upset you that much to hear people's opinions maybe it would be best if you didn't click on the page and read any of it. Because this wasn't a page created for people to come together and a fan base and talk about their favorite episodes or how great someone's hair look last week. It was created and it is meant for people to speak their mind on whether or not the show is real or fake and in asking that question it opens the door to peoples opinions on why they think it is real or fake. I'm sorry if reading negative comments upset you on your Facebook page about your statuses that you felt the need to put out there in the very beginning of your statement. But to post the statement I love this show and I hate when people talk smack about them... Wow now I just feel bad for you. That you are so naive and gullible that you fell in love with a completely fake made up show whose sole purpose is to trick you into believing that it's real and it has you so hooked and misguided that this causes you any emotional distress at all. Hopefully those Facebook comments on change and jump on a positive note for you maybe that'll help you a little bit. Not sure about the show though I'm pretty sure if you're still watching it at this point and you still feel the same way at this point that there is probably little or no hope for you to be truly happy. So just a little advice go see your doctor load up on the Xanax or valium because if you're this worked up over Mob Wives then life is going to be real depressing for you in the future. Hey but good luck anyway
More +
I could only stand 5 minutes of the show...It's NOT REAL at all, real mob wives keep their mouths shut. Respect has a lot to do with being in a mob and none of these women have any respect, for themsleves or their families or each other. All these women do is scream at each other like school girls, pulling hair and fighting guys...come on it's a joke!
Hey these women are real people too. Just 'cause they may not have the perfect little lives that eveyone else thinks that they have, doesn't mean they are a piece of crap. I have family in Italy and I mean "family". I love the show
This is the worst show ever, what a bunch of losers.Should never be on t.v. I

feel sorry for the kid!s, What happen!s when they go to school.? All the mother!s should be flushed down the toliet.
These women do have connections. La Cosa Nostra is big time. Sammy "the bull" was a big time mobster. Renee's father is very high up in the mob. Not sure about Drita's husband or Carla's. They are a lot younger but powerful. The show may be a little dramatic but the connections are VERY real. Not at all made up! Love the show!
I don't care what anyone saids I love this show!!!!!
Staff
Lily sleeps with da fishes.
What a bunch of low life!s Dirtta the best one ever. Carla how come you were able to cheat with joey, when he was married to Eve. Never said so on the show?

tell it like it is. Did you tell your kid!s he was married before? Oh no, he was also away working. Some big shot.
One of my favorite Punisher comics is about how the wives of the mafioso he's killed in the past, try to kill him. It's bloody, brutal, and kick-ass. The only way I would ever watch this show is if Frank Castle appears and recreates that comic.