So That's Where the Dharma Food Drops Came From

What the heck!? I thought I was done writing about Lost! Well, apparently not. The Lost Season 6 DVD set is coming out later this month (on August 24, to be exact), and it includes some never-before-seen footage that's been made specifically for the box set and that provides details on events that happened after the finale. Supposedly it also answers some of lingering questions.

This clip shows Ben Linus in some sort of Dharma food factory and introduces what may be Lost's whiniest character and his chill friend. Take a look at the video, and then we'll continue this conversation below.

My question to you is: Should we even care anymore? Now that we know what we know, are these attempts at answering questions for fans too little, too late Or are they great nuggets of extra information? Discuss!

Follow TV.com writer Tim Surette on Twitter: @TimAtTVDotCom

Quite honestly, I really liked the finale, but the longer I think about it, the more I DO want answers to the remaining questions. This one I could've done without, but it'll be nice to tie up those loose ends, like Ben said. So while I won't buy the season 6 Lost box set, I'm sure I'll see these select scenes somehow or another in the future and they'll help me get over Lost and move on to something else.
I think when people talk about 'the end' and it not answering questions I think people are talking about the last episode. For me the last season answered a lot of questions. Some one stated in a comment before that Walter being special was not answered... Richard Alpert being answered is so much more rewarding and fulfilling. I am still confused on the last episode.... they died... ok, so it was all a horrible and wonderful dream??? If I have this wrong please don't be rude and curse me... I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY CONFUSED PERSON OUT THERE.
Meh, don't care anymore.
First of all, I'm not complaining about the lost finale, I'm just wondering how this epilogue has anything to do with the way the show was made : it is so badly written ! First of all, who provided the products (and there were loads of it) the workers were shipping if the Darma initiative was long gone ? Who was giving them their pay checks, because i assume they weren't working for appollo bars ? Who was providing the infrastructures and transportation means ? So many questions as to how theses men were able to work when the company employing them had been gone for 20 years ??!! Nobody else found this disturbing ?
me i dont give a **** about about lost or u god damn lost junkies
Being the "Lost" junkie that I am, I will take whatever I can get, wherever and whenever I can.
so they try answer some questions that's really dont need to be answered , Because the show was the BEST and the ending with some no answered questions was what make Lost Magnificent ! ..
Nice to know but would of been better to answer them when the show was still about and when you cared so much about getting some answers. Now its over i've learned to move on and get over it well thats untill i get bored one day and start watching all the box sets again haha
Cool beans, any excuse to see Michael Emerson at his best!
I'll just rent it from Netflix.
Didn't care about the answers after the finale was done! It showed that the questions were never the heart of the show and all that really mattered was the characters that went through their journeys, and especially Jack Shephard's journey. But you know what, if they do answer a few of the questions later on, AWESOME! You don't have to watch it if you don't care, but for people who still care it's a great treat!
The ending was great; answering so questions for some of the other cry-babies is fine... nothing but good stuffs here.
I dont think the ending ruined LOST as a whole series, but I did think it was kind of weak. They should not have set season 6 as their cut off either, they should have gone long enough where they can explain things that should have been explained (i.e. Walt being special). Instead we got a cluster f**k of a season. And as for these clips answering questions.. come on, you might as well just record damon and carlton sitting in a room and give BS answers to fan mail
Ya people still complaining about the ending I just dont understand you. They over time actually gave alot of answers about alot of things. Personally I can not think of anything of great importance that was not answered. The ending was completely satisfying to me.
Those who want to still care, as I do and always will, don't have to explain why they do. Those who no longer care or never did care or stopped caring at some point are within their rights. In other words, it's up to each person and no one else's business.
People are whiny. Those whop say that the ending didn't answer anything important probably forgot the fact that aside from little nitpicks, they answered just about EVERYTHING before that. People got so used to asking question that they didn't realize when they GOT answers, and I think they even forgot what they were asking. Let's face it, the finale was about as perfect as you can ask for. They tied up everything that DID matter in the end. This is a little bonus. People make such a big deal out of it. Gosh, they act like the show answered NO big questions when the biggest things left unanswered were of no consequence to the overall series. People need to give it a rest. :P
Talk about adding insult to injury...
I say cash-in
This whole DVD Season Six remake simply confirms the fact that they know they screwed it up, and are semi-apologizing. Michael Emerson as Ben, what a great ploy to get you to spend your hard earned money. I'd watch him any time, and now that he's literally become Gilligan, it doesn't seem to matter. What a sad epitaph for a great series...
**** YOU LOST SHOULD HAVE SHOWN THIS 2 SEASONS AGO
for God sake you just can't stop whining about "THE END" that btw was perfect , i don't know how people thinks first they want jacob and mib to be aliens or Gods " lol that it is so f*** up" then they want to continue the story but at the same time answer the whole questions from the previous 5 seasons "i would rather see a good forward drama story than a weak one that just forced to answer fan's questions".

finally like i always said even before emmys nominations released that they made a great job in season 6 "only the fans who clever and understand drama will know" and if the fan did not like it , the critics will 100% like it and guess what? 8 nominations for "THE END" AND ONE OF THEM FOR THE BEST WRITING and last week it got the outstanding drama for season 6 in TCA so for all fans who hates it --->go fu** urself , just kidding ,cheers up xD.
F*** them. They had 6 seasons to give answers, and now that the series is over, they will keep milking the cow selling DVDs and Blu-Rays with "new footage" and "answers to the mysteries". It's insulting to the fans.
Can't blame them for wanting to promote the Complete Series BD out on Aug 24.
Wow Noelveiga issues much?
'Should' we care? I'm sorry, but I either care or I don't. I don't appreciate other people telling me what I should care about, even in entertainment. I don't happen to care much about this kind of stuff, although I will buy the inevitable blu-ray 6 season chest, since I don't own any of the seasons and I did like the ending.
lost is iconic no matter what people think of the ending, for better or worse..
The ending took lost from being a great show, to one that i would not even suggest to friends.

in fact, the ending answered.. NONE of the important questions i wanted to know.
great nuggets
All this did was make me feel bad for the workers who just got fired.... And "now that we know what we know," does any of this even matter? In my personal opinion, the whole alternate time line and its revelation was pointless, and the time they took up in each episode could have been better served in answering all these questions about the history and mystery of the Island. If they had taken "Across the Sea" and spread out its info across the entire season, I think that the finale episode would have been much more rewarding. And now they're sticking us with pointless bonus footage that doesn't even answer anything important.
The more I look back on it, the more I realize it really wasn't as satisfying of a conclusion as I thought at first. I've really had no desire to watch any of it again, a lot of the things that seemed important before just seem meaningless now. I'm sure they had planned that the series would end with Jack's closing eye for a few seasons but as for the whole season 6 journey, they stalled and wasted time and didn't even manage to tie up some things that were just integral to it all working as a whole, and for that I'm disappointed. The flash-sideways story wouldn't have seemed like such a huge waste of time if they had actually managed to make the story completely cohesive by the end but it didn't work like that. And I'm still mad at them for Zoe. She was just awful.
Meh--any show that has to tie up loose ends with something as tacked-on as a DVD bonus hardly deserves the accolades Lost inevitably gets. Plenty of shows have had rich mythologies and been able to tie things together within the confines of their actual runs on TV, so this certainly doesn't do anything to move Lost up on the best-of-all-time list (where it arguably doesn't entirely belong).
RenaldsRAP is 100% correct
Guess that helped resolved that loose end. I suppose this confirms that they not only wiped out the Dharma Initiative on the island but those off it as well.
That was cool. Michael Emerson is just great in about every scene he's in.
great nuggets of extra information
come on! who writes for this website anymore! of course we should care..that is, if you love lost..typically if you like something alot in the entertainment world, you follow it to the very end..
Could go either way. I'll wait till the DVD comes out before I make my final judgement on LOST. As it stands right now, it was an absolutely brilliant TV show that got crushed under the weight of its own mythology/continuity. The writers definitely screwed over the audience on the series finale tho. Although it was a gorgeous piece of character work, Lindelof and Cuse even stated that the island was one of the most important characters so that "all about the characters" excuse was just that - a bogus attempt at justifying a lackluster end to the most stunning mythology of all time. The sad part of that is that even if the DVD extra redeems the series, it only doe so as a DVD extra. Not every fan turned off by the finale will be aware that they were vindicated for their six year following. And that in no way saves season 6 from being a mess of a season with no clue where it's characters were going. Just so you know - I am a huge fan of LOST - So it makes it even harder to admit everything I just typed.