Spears preggers, Zoey not done

Along with taking candy from strangers (don't, unless it's really good candy), getting a zit on prom night (bummer! pop it!), and dealing with that mean older bully in the school hallways (suck it up, they'll be in juvie soon), teenage pregnancy is a must-have subject for any show oriented at those not yet old enough to vote.

So when news broke yesterday that Jamie Lynn Spears, sister of Britney and star of Nickelodeon's Zoey 101, is pregnant at all of 16 years old, it seemed the next few episodes would practically write themselves.

That won't be the case, though, as season four of the show has already wrapped production, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The show is currently airing its third season, which will end early next year. The fourth season will allegedly be the show's last.

As for Spears' next move? Besides adding Lamaze classes to her school schedule, the young actress just wants to graduate from high school.

"I'm going to try to graduate before I do anything else," she told the Associated Press, referring to taking on more acting roles.

Though the other hand in the pregnancy has been named as 19-year-old (his age is not confirmed) Casey Aldridge, Spears told the AP that she has no serious boyfriend. "I kind of just keep my options open," she said. "I have a bunch of friends that I always hang out with, a bunch of guy friends."

OH MY GOD I can not believe she is pregnant!!!

Well it looks like it's true what they say: the apple doesn't fall far from the tree
i need to see the fourth season and i cant find it anywhere can some1 send me a link they know or anything...thanks
That was just.....very irresponsible of her.She is 16.
Everyone makes mistakes and as the whole can see so did Jamie Lynn Spears did. So we can just forget about what see did and move on.
Ok, you have to look at the circumstances... Most teenage girls who get pregnant admit to not getting enough love or attention at home especially from their father. Check. She's gorgeous, famous and probably has guys drooling at her feet. She's 16. Her brain is not fully developed enough to make decisions and think of the consequences at the same time. AND she's been in the shadow of her big sis forever. Of course she wanted some extra attention. It is unfortunate it had to result in a life being brought into this world, but she's well off and we need to give her support, not ridicule.
Yeah, who cares if she's pregnant. That goes for all you "LEAVE JAMIE ALONE" people too. WHO CARES, she's just like every other slut.
Chris Crocker protege?
OMFG shes pregnant so what my mom got pregnant at 16 and had me at 17, and graduated high school, if she wasn't a celebrity noone would care about it! so LEAVE HER ALONE!!!
You woulda thought that from watching her sis, she would have actually learned a lesson. Though I do wish her luck in life, cuz it will never be the same.
I'm not saying that she's a whore or anything but does anyone else think that its a little weird that she doesn't know who the father is? does that mean that she has to choose from a list? sounds to me like someone made a whole lot of mistakes.
It is sad that she got pregnant at 16 but it's not the end of her life. If she wasn't famous would anyone really care? This whole role model thing is getting out of hand, seriously if you teach your children that she is just a normal person like everyone else than who cares if they keep this show on the air or not. It's not a star's responsiblity to teach a kid right from wrong, that's why they have parents
I don't see her as a whore or anything like that, even though I don't like her on the slightest (OR her show). She just was... VERY, VERY irresponsible. Another celebrity that commited a mistake. Not new. Like everyone said, she's only a human that's under the news hounds' eyes. A lot of teenage girls get pregnant at this age by being irresponsible, Jamie just happened to be a celebrity...Honestly? I saw it coming, that's why I'm not surprised. She doesn't really have the best 'role models' at home if you get what I mean. I'm sad she had to jump into motherhood so early in life (planned or not, you should know better than to risk it). A baby is a great responsability, and it'll suck a lot of her time, not to mention who knows in what kind of environment the baby will grow. It's disappointing yes, but what can you do. What's done is done. I believe this would'nt have happened (Or at least not happened in a while) if Jamie's mom had been... A bit more attentive? I can't get the word I'm trying to use, but yes. I may not like her, her sister, or her show, but I hope she does manage to graduate from high school at least. And good luck with her pregnancy 'cause it's no easy ride.
ya but she is not supposed to be a roll model she can go get drunk and swing her braw around her hand if she wants too she is just a person like you and me and who cares about the baby bump everybody knows already so wtf give it up and leave her alone!!!!
Some people are far too irrational here; she is simply a person filling a role on a TV show. She is not the first person in this specific situation, only one whose life is under the watchful eye of the news Hounds. If we were to continually cancel shows every time an actor or actress does what is considered inappropriate within their personal lives, by all the self appointed saviours of the world, the only safe show left on TV would be the Teletubbies. Here’s a thought, if you feel your child is watching something inappropriate, do your job AS A PARENT and stop them, BUT, stop forcing your views on what you feel is inappropriate on the rest of the globe. Worry about what goes on in your own house rather than trying to save the rest of world.
Let's get one thing straight.. she isn't a whore; she's simply irresponsible.
its a disgrace. She's supposed to be a role-model to little Nickelodeon watchers everywhere, and this news is terrible. Let's hope they edit the baby bump out. And by the way, way-to-go on the parenting skills of Jamie and Britney's parents. Someone needs to blame them too.
ya no one is perfect. But that doesnt mean all actresses or actors are bad. like jamie if she wants to have her baby let her and let her take responsibility.it doesnt mean she is a slut or a hore ause she is pregnant that just makes her human people make mistakes and that doesnt always mean they are bad like my step mom was pregnant at 14 so what alot of actresses like my stepmom were pregnant at 14 that doesnt make them sluts or hores either. and like i said people make mistakes but that doesnt always mean there bad this could lead her somewhere she never thought she could possibly ever get to or it can be bad but that doesnt mean it will accually ruin her life it may make it better give her more responcibility that she needs. and like my stepmom it will probably lead her somewhere good cause that is how she met my dad. SO she made a mistake that can always bring friends closer or meet someone you want to spend the rest of your life with!!!!
Condemn her??? Cancel her show??? I see we have some model citizens here who wish to speak up, what a joke. People, GET A GRIP, actors and actresses should be the last people we choose for role models, not very many out there that I would want to emulate. So lets try this, lets put some of your lives under the microscope, publicize them on the news for all to see, then let the rest of us determine how clean and innocent you all are. Besides, who the hell are we to judge anyone anyway, I would say that that job is already taken. In my own opinion, I believe JLS is taking responsibilty for her actions. Pretty grown up of her if you ask me. Look at it this way, if JLS did not have paparazi hounding her every move and publishing everything she does, we would never know anything about her private life, WHAT THEN??? Would the Zoey character continue to be a positive role model??? The answer is pretty clear, and the bunch of you condemning her are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. Here's a thought, stop letting the TV set raise your kids and do the job yourself.
dang!!!! why is everyone being so mean she is not bad cause she is pregnant and its not about her sister either. she is old enough to make her own decisions if she wants to keep her baby dont judge her she is 16. and britany is only that way because she is worried about not being able to see her kids and she doesnt want jamie to ruine her life. and she is not crazy cause she is having a baby and her mom is not mad or out of her mind it was her and jamies idea to sell her story of her being pregnant she is not really sad they both got half a million dollars so jamie can take care of her baby so LAY OFF and let her do what she wants!!!!
I think you guys are missing the point...

She is a human being.. Just like the rest of us. Do not consider it a shame or a crime. Do not think of her as a bad role model.

Sure, having a baby at 16 isn't the best of ideas.. But I highly doubt it was planned. Which means she is going to go through a lot of life changes and miss out on a lot of great things she will not be able to do with a child. If anything, she will be setting a good example.. She has no choice but to grow up now.. Isn't that enough? Seriously. It's not like things such as this doesn't happen in everyday life.
well im jusyt happy that there will be anothe season of zoey 101
honestly i think she is a stupid girl because she got pregnant at the age of 16..obviously she wasn't thinking of her future..i think she made a big mistake..god bless that child..
it's sad to see a young person pregent! when she has a lot of time for that ...a baby having a baby..
She is beautiful! I love her! It seems she is single now! Her profile and photos were found on an age gap dating site called agemingle.com last week! I can't beleive it!
OMG...i heard but i didn't believe it well now i do i can't believe you would do something this stupid you and your sister are ...(sigh) i not even gonna say it but you your just hit the bingo but your a slut and a hore how could you do something like this i feel so bad for your mom oh god i bet she is depressed thanks alot jaimie you really did us good this time..just like your sister ......
Geez....where did you guys go to school Did they have no grammar or writing classes there. Seems to me that the last people on earth who should criticize anyone, are the one's who can't spell half the words in their comments. 1. It is not a law that one has to be married to pro-create. 2. What does this have to do with her sister? Compare your life to that of your sibling and see how much really matches. 3. It's a sad day when we get to judge right or wrong on the basis of sexual activity. Last time I checked, once a female has her first period, she's able to have a baby....and that happens much earlier than 16. If she were nobody, do gooder from the Bible Belt, her church and family would rally around her and throw her baby shower after baby shower, then drive her to the welfare office to sign up. She's got the money and the means to support a baby, so shut the **** up. Concentrate on the fact that our country is still in a war that our president lied about in order to start, killing millions of people and spending trillions of your tax dollars. Oh, I guess it's easier to worry about Jamie and Britney instead of speaking against something that matters in this country.
There is no excuse to be pregneant at 16. Stop trying to defend her. :|
shes not havin a baby lol, ilove her show i hope this does not efect her tv show if she is haveing a BABY if not yall need to stop spreeding all these roomers,but if im rong zoey PLEASE DO NOT grow up to be like ur sisiter
Oh an' FYI it's not about her age! cuz honestly another 16 yr old gurl gets knocked up! whoopty friggen do! its the fact that she works on friggen Nickolodeon and has 12/13 yr olds looking up 2 her as their rolemodel and she goes and does this! wow good job, way to follow in ur sisters footsteps! And u kno the funny, thing. I was kinda hoping she would prove everyone wrong and not be like her neurotic sister. And what pisses me off, the cute little angel from Zoey 101 is basically saying 2 her audience "yea it's ok if ur sexually active at my age and if u get pregnant, ya kno wutever, who cares?" It's not ok! But wutever, it's done. Her show should be canceled or something, I mean honestly How the Hell is she gunna take care of the kid. Well hell, might as well follow ur sisters lead again and pay someone to do it for u! Great goin Jaimie; but just in case u didn't kno, just because the plumbing works doesn't mean u should use it! Good Luck tryin 2 rebuild ur rep. after this one
And here i was thinkin Jamie Lynn was the smarter one! I hopin she wouldn't turn out like her sis, but shes 16 an' already headed down that road. sigh. what a shame! But then again from what we kno of the Spears family, it was kinda already expected from most people, but still I hoped... whatever she can do what she wants; her life
leave it to the spears to take my mind off world hunger! lol what a waste --seemed like this was the smrt one. sigh
Based on what we know of the spears family(i.e. Britany hates her mom because she is so a stage mom). I propose a theory that Jamie got pregnant on-purpose so she can get out from under her mom's pressure. And live a normal life. We've seen stage parents whether it be sports or entertainment push these kids to the brink. To escape, some kids try to sabotage their careers with an injury or in this case pregnancy. I feel Jamie wanted to escape.
shes hot
we all make mistakes, but we not all are tv stars that other people say "i wanna be just like her" ... well... guess her mom didn't speak to her that much... guess she was too fed up with britney's problems...
We all make misteakes folks! All im gonna say plus she's human.
ok well i have different opions well no u should and need to wait intill your married to have a kid but yeah she made a mistake zoey 101 is a really good show i have seen it a couple times and u no what she is a really good actress but i dont think she should be on there anymore look at the rolemodel she is setting for these little kids and everyone makes mistakes but she really has to think before she does because not only people watch LITTLE KIDS does!! Well i think it is really good she didnt get an abortion but she needs to think twice before she does something we all do.
I thought Jamie would turn out better than her sis but I was wrong. I am old enought to have a daughter Jamies age and if I did and she liked Jamie I would get rid of everything in my house that had her picture on it
Wow... Yeah, sucks to be her, but it happens. She decided to take responsibility? Well good then, if she thinks she can be up to it, alright. Sure, getting pregnant at 16 is not a good age, but what's done is done.

Also, LOTS OF YOU PEOPLE LACK PROPER RESPECT! WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU RAISED!?
i saw more info on this at http://www.infoNEV.com
Never heard of her... Don't care.
2007 is crazy. i dont know y u ppl trying 2 criticize her anyway. ur not perfect.. she's not perfect.. so dont u tink u suld give her a break. ppl give her mom a break... its not her fault.. n britney n jamie r 2 different ppl.. dont match der mistakes.. i mean its her choice.. anyway... ppl tink about ur mistakes b4 u tink about her mistake...
Jamie Lynn is getting far too much negativity in her environment. Instead of constantly bringing her down why not give her some strong support. People make mistakes, and she made one, but do not use this as a lack of character. She is responsible for not getting an abortion and she owed up to what she did. She is a good role model for young girls.
Note to Jamie Lynn... When someone inquires as to the father of your child. You do NOT say.."I kind of just keep my options open," she said. "I have a bunch of friends that I always hang out with, a bunch of guy friends." Someone asks you a "fill in the blanks" question and you respond with a "multiple choice" answer? I think what is going on here is damage control. The press leaped on to the fact that her boyfriend could be arrested due to her age. This couple knows when and in what state this child was conceived. She is now back peddling to protect her boyfriend.
I feel they should cancel the show. In this day and age, when young girls are looking at celebrities as role models, a TV network should not keep a show on where one of the stars is pregnant at such an age. Sure she isn’t the first girl to have a baby at the age, but is that the kind of message they need to send to the viewers, have a kid when you are a kid and there is no repercussions.
Again, I object to this whole thread and TV.com should remove it!

You don't verbally attack a child, support the attack or condone it in any way shape or form. It's that simple.

It doesn't matter that she's a celebrity or what she did or what she is saying or doing. She didn't break the law and if anything she's a victim.

She's a minor plain and simple, period.
She should keep the baby. She probably can't abort, like half the US, she's probably Catholic and Catholics can't abort because the Pope doesn't condone it. But I converted to atheism
Wow.. So.. I made an account.. Just cause some of these comments are very bitter and disrespectful.

Ya, it isn't okay to get pregnant at such a young age, but face it, it happens. I am sure (by the way many are speaking) most of us are adults. Protection isn't 100%.. And seriously.. How many of you have had sex at 16? or even before 16? Probably a good portion.

I personally would never have a child or wish for someone to have a child at age 16. But the fact is, it happens. I was born when my mother was still 16. Her and my father are still *very* happily married.. They didn't have much starting out.. But they came a long way.. With 2 other girls. It doesn't mean you are a bad person.. "mentally retarded" or a "slut" seriously, get over yourselves.

Haven't any of you ever had a friend or a family member in a similar situation? Try to see their point of view. Sure it doesn't make it right.. But it doesn't make her/anyone any different then the rest of us. It is an obstacle she is facing.. I would much rather see the baby with their mother.. then go through abortion.. She has the money (I am sure she will provide it with proper care).. and by the sounds of it.. Her boyfriend and his family are there.. Nobody is perfect.

I consider this a miracle.. If I were to have a baby at such a young age, I am not sure I would have the strength or desire to care for a child. At least she is admitting and taking care of her own actions.. Rather then dumping them on someone else.

Silly people.. Celebrities always have it worse it seems.. But face it, this is REAL LIFE.. Not just a "celebrity" thing.
It's true, she is not the first 16 year old to get pregnant. It happens all over the place. When I was a senior in high school (almost 10 years ago) there were 30 pregnant girls in school and half of them were 14-15 year old freshmen. Anyway, it's NOT ok to get pregnant that young, whether it's accidental or not, and remember kids, just because a celebrity says they're going to be a "responsible adult," doesn't mean that they are. That's for the cameras and the press to try and save their careers and get the spotlight off of them. I highly doubt Jamie will be a responsible parent. And yes, it goes back to the mother in my opinion. The whole family is white trash, pretty much like the area I grew up in.
I would hardly call someone who appeared on the cover of a national magazine to announce the news "off limits to criticism". Being a minor doesn't mean she gets off the hook - her age is the whole reason that this is such a big deal. She messed up, but she's going around and glorifying it. No, she's not the first 16-year-old to get pregnant, but when fans (the majority of her fans being extremely young girls) see this kind of thing, it just tells them that it's okay, and creates a whole vicious circle.
I object to this whole thread. TV.com should remove it.

Call the thread something about Zoey and if people want to talk about the pregancy that's fine. It is free speech and all.

But a minor should be off limits to attacks by anyone and should be under TV.com's ethical or moral standards.

I dunno, just something wrong here IMO.
Load More Comments