Suits: Acts of War

Suits S01E03: “Meet the New Boss”

Mike’s grandma got sassy, Harvey gave Louis a compliment, and Rachel took that first scary step toward being awesome—it was a great week for Suits. Really! It takes a lot for a series to make me fall all over myself like it’s the second day of my alma mater’s homecoming weekend, but so far this season, Suits has consistently brought the win to Thursday nights.

Harvey and Hardman finally butted heads when they ended up working on the same case involving a nurses' strike. It was purely accidental. Well, accidental in the sense that Jessica had no intention of letting it happen, gave Harvey the case purely to keep it away from Hardman, and then had no choice but to accept the pairing when Hardman elbowed his way in. The disdain that Harvey and Hardman have for each other oozes from their very pores and unfortunately, some of the residue landed on Mike. Gross.

Rather than work together like the highly successful, professional adults they consider themselves to be, Hardman and Harvey each worked largely behind the other’s back, relying heavily on Mike to be their go-between. Unfortunately, a little communication between the two partners might have gone a long way toward resolving the case in a manner that didn’t kill Mike’s soul just a little bit more. Hardman sent Mike to figure out what the nurses' actual demands were, which he did successfully and heartwarmingly with the help of Sassy Grandma. The ringleader for the striking nurses insisted that all they wanted were the funds necessary to add a few more to their workforce and eliminate the standard practice of nurses staying well past their shifts, without pay, to tend to the needs of their patients. That sounds fair.

Hardman jumped on board with negotiating an end to the strike. Unfortunately, Harvey had tangled with the nurses before and knew that once their representative sat down to talk, the demands would change drastically and throw the whole negotiation into a deadlock. Apparently she'd burned through five different negotiators in the past and Harvey was not thrilled that Mike had worked with Hardman without his consent to effectively screw up the case.

Hardman’s courtship of Mike was one more step toward the Pearson-Hardman civil war that we all know is coming and Hardman is evolving into an awesomely surreptitious villain. He hasn’t even done anything overtly wrong yet, but the intent is obvious. Still, until he slips up, the employees of Pearson-Hardman are stuck in the middle of a verbal tug-of-war between the warring Daniel Hardman and Jessica Pearson loyalists, and honestly, at the moment, if I were a random party in the Pearson-Hardman offices with no real attachment to either side, I’d be tempted to at least give the guy a chance. His open admittance to past wrongdoing and humble insistence that he has been reformed make Jessica and Harvey’s continued apprehension toward him look childish in comparison. He’s a master demagogue, as the recent exchange over Jessica’s stolen tea service illustrated. Last week, Jessica insisted that it was just one more jab at her, a reminder that the real boss at Pearson-Hardman was reclaiming his rightful place. This week, when confronted with the theft, Hardman appeared flabbergasted, then sincere; apologizing for taking it and insisting that he only wanted it because it was a gift from his late wife, whom he missed dearly. He was hurt that Jessica and Harvey thought so little of him.

It’s easy, as a viewer, to call Hardman’s B.S. as quickly as he slings it. We have insight to his words and actions that the characters don’t that make us resistant to his manipulation. Harvey and Jessica are definitely going to have their work cut out for them once Hardman crosses whatever line he’s aiming for.

Harvey eventually swooped in and strong-armed the nurses into accepting their original terms and going back to work, utilizing information that Mike had gathered, much to his bleeding heart’s horror. I’m hoping this doesn’t drive a wedge between the dynamic duo, but Mike’s definitely going through a bit of a bratty phase at the moment, so who knows. He avoided Rachel for half the episode, understandably, then positioned himself somewhere just inside the friend zone to help her create a Match.com profile.

She later called him on his weak excuse to dump her and there was angsty angsting on Mike’s part. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Rachel eventually figures out the big secret on her own. She’s a bright woman. She also retook her law school entrance exam this week! Who saw that coming? I didn’t see that coming. I was so proud. See, Rachel? You don’t need Mike to justify your presence! You’re perfectly capable of being fun and exciting on your own.

And finally, there’s Louis. There was some chatter in the comments section last week that, in the wake of Louis’s apparent defection to Team Hardman, that he might end up working as a sort of double agent for both camps. After the Louis Litt Lovefest that his storyline turned into this week, I think you guys might be on to something.

Harvard revoked on-campus recruitment privileges from Pearson-Hardman because some anonymous associates told a respected industry publication that their lives were terrible and they hated their jobs with the firm. As the associates’ direct supervisor, Louis was pleased as punch by the confirmation that he was a reviled overlord, but losing the recruitment opportunity was a definite blow to the firm’s reputation and Jessica told him to fix it. A representative from Harvard came to interview associates one-on-one and Louis was smitten with her. The associates dubbed her “Female Louis” and one pondered, “Do you think if they touch, the world will cease to exist?”

Mike didn’t want to think about them touching.

Lady Louis, played hilariously by guest-star Rachael Harris, told Louis that his problem wasn’t that he was a dick. “I have 20 underlings and I don’t know a single person’s last name,” she said (and I instantly understood Louis’s crush. I think there was a small one on my part, too). She said the problem was that his associates all thought that he was lazy. They didn’t respect him. So Louis put in a literal all-nighter and did all of his underlings’ work for them. Harvey walked in on his slumber party of one and they reminisced about the good old days of when they were associates, confirming that Harvey has basically tormented Louis since the beginning of time, but also that Louis really IS a great lawyer in his own right.

And then, and I think we all need to take a moment to savor this, because like Harvey said, it will never happen again, Harvey complimented Louis. “You’re the man,” he said, three little words that would have been so fleeting...if Louis hadn’t recorded them.

In the morning, Louis berated his underlings and reminded them of just how good they have it. He also tossed them a nugget of a compliment, if any one of them cared to pick it up and dust it off, by reminding them that he gives them the cases that he does, pushes them as hard as he does, and generally just makes their lives hell so that they will learn, “be all they can be” and all that. Hovering in the shadows, Jessica overheard and later complimented Louis on resolving the Harvard issue so impressively. Louis countered that all he ever wanted was for Jessica to give him an opportunity to “rise to the occasion” as she so regularly does with Harvey. Aww. I think I love Louis a little. And I totally told you so: a little love goes a long way with Louis Litt.

Double agent? I can see it. Nice call, you guys! Keep the awesome predictions coming in the comments!

Case Notes

– “I make a trip down here to express serious concerns and you mock me!” Poor Mike. Grandma was feisty! It’s nice to see some granny action, especially since I felt like the writers forgot that she existed somewhere in the middle of the first season.

– Mike: “I spent the night with my Grandmother!” Harvey: “Was she hot?”

– Donna and Rachel need to go on more happy hour sprees as their super-lawyer counterparts Harriet Specter and Michelle Ross. I would watch that forever. In fact, I demand webisodes of those two just running around being snarky and awesome. Are you listening, USA? C’mon, you know it would be amazing.

Suits S02E03 Photos Psst! Once you enter the photo viewer, you can navigate through the photos using your left and right arrow keys. Hit ESC to return to this page.

Okay,I know this is a far-fetched fantasy,but just imagine this. What if by the end of this season or the next,if there will be one, Hartman, Harvey and Jessica go down the drain and somehow both Mike and Louis become real friends and win the whole shebang with some help from Donna. The way I see it, Donna is from a lauded family and her parents might want , for reasons of their own, to bankroll Mike and Louis to open their own law firm, making Jessica and Harvey the competition. then we will see a real epic battle that I think will be just tv dynamite.

But this is just a thought and fantasy.Just for my curiosity, would anyone like to see that?
Louis always was as interesting character. At first he was pathetic and rather repulsive.

Then it was revealed he is as smart as Harvey, but doesn't have as much experience nor the savvy and killer instincts of a closer. Just so long they let me shine every once and a while and not make him the scapegoat or whipping boy (we already have a pool of first years for that Mike being at the top of heap) he will continue to become more interesting.

Mad love for Donna from the very beginning and Rachel is becoming less annoying. Granny/Mike interactions were cute.

The Pearson/Hardman war is going to interesting. Hardman is really, really creepy. He is like a super manipulative energy vampire. As far as Louis getting used as a pawn, oh yes. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.
Suits' gr8, kinda like Boston Legal with a bit more serious amp & humour tweaked in.

The other legal wriggle: Drop Dead Diva's like ally McBeal with more silliness.

Both makes me smile.
Great episode, but Rachel needing/using a dating site? Come on!!
It's a cheap plug for match.com ;).. I don't mind that kind of advertising when the character(s) are using the product, it's those huge banner ads that pop up during the tv shows that turns me off.
Actually, that bit makes perfect sense. She works long hours and doesn't really get a chance to meet people outside of work. Dating sites are for desperate people AND busy people.
Louis' speech was great! And him playing the tape over and over kinda made me feel for him, a little anyway. Hardman is an uber-creep, which Harvey is on his way to becoming.
Totally agree. Hardman is a great mirror for what a dirt bag Harvey really is. A very, very attractively packaged, clever as a fox, self-centered dirt bag, but ultimately like his female Paul Drake said in S01, he only thinks about himself.

Maybe seeing himself in Hardman will get him out of the hand basket.
What makes a show great is when it can balance out the drama with comedy and by using the whole cast to do so. Rachel and Donna at the bar were great! Louis' facial expressions and lines to not being number one at making the associates' lives miserable priceless! I hope they can keep it up!

- Mike became busy at work and that is why she was not in the show.

-- Harvey's a Robot! ;)

---No webisodes just more screen time.

My question is who is going to find out about Mike first Hardman or Rachel?

-I don't believe Rachel passed the bar this time.

--Mike should of slowed things down with Rachel and got to know her first.. I hope they keep adding more Depth to Rachel and the others. At this point I believe Jenny was a better match for Mike than Rachel. Although I still would like to see those two together.
I think that there a lot of Louis-type professionals out there that just don't have the charisma to make it big, but do have the expertise. They and Louis are not villains for the simple reason that there is nothing worse for any professional and workaholic than knowing you should have made it big but never will.The career and business environment being so winners-oriented mocks people like Louis and the bankruptcy expert last episode and yes makes their lives even more miserable. What makes ?Harvey the "nice" guy and Hardman the "bad" guy are the writers of the series. Nothing else really differentiates them either morally or professionally. That's the point of the series and why Mike will be the go-between between those two until he will find the means to be on his own, except that Harvey has the hot potato on him.

I think that if any of us had our names on the door of a successful law firm, we'd want to go back whatever made us go away.We are told that Hardman embezzled money and spent it on his mistress.We know that the corporate world is amoral and immoral. This has nothing to do on whether he should be back or not. As for Jessica and Harvey they have their own ghosts in the closets, we just don't know about them.Anyway, they certainly have no moral ground to judge and belittle Louis or to use him for their wicked deeds.
I think after the whole "I want the change to rise to the occasion" speech Jessica will give him the change and SEND him undercover, mark my words. He will seem a double agent when in fact he will be working for Jessica. Louis is not the villain of these series, he is a smooshy smoosh and he just want Jessica to appreciate him. Ultimately he will do the right thing.
I'm surprised by the love for Psych in the comments. James Roday and Dul Hill are fantastic as Sean and Gus, and the writing for some of the episodes has been brilliant, but the basic format of the show is very weak. So weak that I can't possibly consider it a good show. There just isn't enough going on in addition to the case of the week, and it's been a while since the quality of the writing peaked and started going downhill.

To make it even worse, their attempts at multiple-episode stories have been terrible.
Not really seeing why your criteria for "good show" is so vital to Psych. You are right on all counts: basic format is weak, not much going on outside case of the week, multi-episode arcs have been limp. But I don't see why those are the only possible hallmarks of a good show, it's an entertaining show, it's still relatively fresh and can break characters out of their molds with satisfying result, the characters are growing and changing even as they resist such things. The supporting characters get to do stuff. It's a fun show, not everything has to be IMPORTANT to be good.
I disagree about the characters. There has been almost no character development at all. The show is as ridiculously static as Castle or The Mentalist.

The only episode I remember that really showed another side of a character is the one where Lassie was really drunk and told Sean that he doesn't believe that he's psychic but is really impressed by him. (I liked that. More drunk Lassie, please). But that was years ago, and since then, there hasn't been a single hint that Lassiter suspects that Sean is faking it.

It bugs me that no one does things that people in their situations would actually do. On Suits, we have already seen Rachel study for her test, give up and try to cheat, give up that too, and finally return to take the test again. These are all perfectly natural things for that character to do. But have we ever seen Sean try to secure a future after the psychic gig? No. It's been six years, and he still hasn't even told Juliet. Have we ever seen Lassie try to prove to himself that Sean is faking it? No. Have we ever seen Gus or any side characters do anything at all? No. I just want to see *some* human behavior once in a while.
More +
Okay, so I just have to say that you obviously haven't watched too much of Castle if you use the phrase "ridiculously static" to describe it. Both Beckett and Castle have changed, matured, and developed drastically since the first season. It's true that Ryan and Esposito haven't, but they're awesome anyways so who would want them to change.

Totally agree with you on The Mentalist. However, it's formula works to be pretty damn entertaining, so again why change what works?

Same with Psych, it's funny and entertaining so let it be. Not all shows need depth and epic story telling. If Psych had more depth, the show would become more drama than comedy and that would definitely not work at all for the characters that Roday and the others portray so perfectly.
The lack of depth is why i liked this episode so much. Seeing everyone else besides mike shine is what made this episode great. The show is called Suits ont the Mike Ross experiment.
You and I know different humans. I know a lot of people who don't plan for their futures. A lot of them are thirty-something man-children. It's totally consistent with his character. I think we get hints that Lassiter thinks Shawn is faking it nearly ever episode, so that's just perspective. As for character development, look at Shawn's relationships and Lassiter's relationships; these characters have grown. But that isn't really the point, because they are there to be entertaining, not to grow.

I won't malign the Suits characters, but they certainly don't do things I would do. I can relate to both Shawn and Gus in different ways, but I don't relate to the Suits characters as well.
I'm surprised by your surprise.
It's actually a bit surprising to me that Suits keeps ringing out quality episodes. I liked the show during its first season, but it would've still been only fourth on my list of favorite USA shows. It was good, but not that good. Now, I'd say it's second only behind Psych. White Collar is still really cool, but I'm feeling like Suits is a bit more enjoyable. Burn Notice just keeps sinking for me.

Anyway, another great episode. Although not to the extent that I love Donna, Harvey, and Jessica, I'm really starting to like Hardman a lot. Maybe I have a bias towards David Costabile for his role on Breaking Bad (my favorite) or even his oner on Person of Interest (awesome), but his acting and the characters he plays are always quite enjoyable to watch. It's the sincerity that he portrays that really gets to me. What's even better about him with Suits is that unlike Gale or Judge Gates, Hardman is supposedly an asshole behind that soft-spoken sweetness.
I love this show. I love the dynamics between Harvey and Mike, I even like Lewis....sometimes.

The writing and the acting are amazing. Don't get me started about their stylist!

I think Harvey likes having Mike around because it makes him less lonely...unfortunately I think someday its gonna be his undoing. This season has been simply awesome and this episode highlighted and deepen the characters. You cant help not caring...deeply for all of them.

This show just keeps getting better.
Suits is definitely a great show..... and if they can sustain these type of quality episodes over a full season...i'd be baffled. Every episode is just awesome. So entertaining. Credit USA. Great shows are not made without great characters and Suits has a bunch load of them. Characters Welcome!!!!
Suits is continuing to bring their A game and I for one am thoroughly pleased that they continue to get better and are bringing in an even bigger audience. One of the only shows I felt started off fantastic from the pilot onward and it's continuing it's awesome streak. I wish this show wasn't so underrated, the great dialogue, fantastic cast etc...this easily should be getting the Emmy buzz that other cable shows recieve. I mean this is what legal dramas is all about. Realistic legal dramas, making lawyers and legal nerds proud everywhere.

Has anyone else noticed that the amount of swearing per episode has increased exponentially this season? I don't care either way, but it was never gratuitous.

Louis LItt was the MVP of the episode. I couldn't understand why he made it to that hateable list from last week. He's not villainous or even bad. He's just smarmy. I love the relationship he has with both Harvey and with Jessica because he often feels underappreciated because of how they treat him but then these moments happen when they clue him in on just how much they do respect the guy. He's good. Jessica has told him as much on more than one occasion. Harvey respects him, he's told Louis that on more than one occasion. They just all have this family dynamic that's interesting. He kicked ass in true Litt fashion. Loved it. And he and female Litt...AWESOME!

GRAMS!! I LOVED that woman and I'm so glad she's back on. She was sorely missed during the second half of last season. Witty, snarky, hilarious old woman. She was the ultimate scene stealer.

I like how slimy Hardman is. Because he does it in such a subtle way that most people are none the wiser of what he's capable of. I don't think it makes Harvey or Jessica look bad..but it does have people curious as to what gives with Hardman. I love that Jessica pretty much told Harvey that he hasn't gotten back in her good graces yet. I love their dynamic, definitely one of the most fascinating relationships on the show and I'm pleased that they are exploring it more, because Gina Torres is the epitome of fantastic. But even though those two will have each other's backs til the end of time,it's apparent that there is an umistakeable and understandable tension between them, their relationship is strained because of the Mike thing.

Mike has been a bit whiny lately. It's a bit annoying but he's so adorable that I can't be too annoyed. He seems a bit too oblivious to what's going on, a bit too self consumed with his own stuff and that is a bit unfortunate. It makes his focus on Rachel irritating. They do have a great chemistry. They probably should be together. I really could care less either way, but I wish he'd get his head on straight. He shouldn't tell Rachel what's going on. I mean even putting aside the inneroffice poltics going on...it isn't good for him. The slap in the face it would be to her the girl who failed her LSATS so many times, that he got what she wanted in such an underhanded way...and I like Rachel well enough but she's too flaky...she's too much of a wildcard because as much as I hate saying it she does run too much on her emotions. LOVE her and Donna together though! Goes to show that Donna can make anyone and anything awesome. Because finally Rachel has more to go with outside of Mike. Loved her going to take her LSATS. Made me proud
Here's what bugs me, since the issue first came up, but now especially because this episode had the perfect opportunity for it. If they were grown ups:

Mike: "I have one secret that I can't tell you. It's nothing to do with us or sex or love or marriage or children or anything that prevents us from being together in any way."

Rachel: "Okay, I can deal with that because I am not a little girl. I also probably have a secret or two that I will not tell you for a couple years because I was not born a week ago Tuesday."

The end (of stupid story line).
I'm in agreement with that. In fact the entire scene with him telling her he had a secret that he couldn't share with her. In reality it SHOULD have went like that. Not with Rachel crying and running away like a little kid. But that's also the reason why I don't think he needs to tell Rachel anything. The girl is an emotional wreck. It sometimes frustrates me that she can never have her emotions in check...so that will always make her a wildcard. If anything...that moment should have solidified his decision to not tell her anything. That convo should have gone like that, because they both are not only adults...but sort of lawyers (since he technically isn't one and she isn't one yet). One of the first things about being a lawyer or any profession similiar is being able to reign in the emotions a bit and separate them from the task at hand.
Totally agree, but that would make for happy characters and not angsty angst ones so...there you have it
Another great episode of Suits. I absolutely loved the Donna/Rachel bar scene! Man, those two role-playing had me rolling!!!

Believe it or not, Louis Litt actually grew on me a little this episode. Only a little though! He made good points but he still quite a douche to me.

Jessica and Harvey have their hands full with Hardman. I don't buy the reformed man act for a second, but he's one hell of an actor. So this is gonna be fun to watch. By the way, Jessica in her dresses - DAMN!!

I hope for the best for Mike and Rachel, but telling her would ruin A LOT of stuff. I think he's protecting himself more than protecting her.
A really solid episode, I quite enjoyed it. Less of Rachel being only a foil for Mike's loins. Harvey was on fire, and even convinced me of his position. Donna and Rachel and drinks was like a show unto itself. Louis finally made a point for the first time ever, and was damned good at it. Everybody was on fire, no friends in the background dragging the whole show down.
This is really becoming one of the best shows not only on USA but just TV in general. It is number two for me for USA right behind Psych (because psych can do no wrong for me). It is written extremely well. The ladies once again made the episode for me. Donna and Michelle had the best one liners and deserve their own webisodes. Now I am excited for White Collar to come back. Because I am excited to see what they do. The whole thing with USA this season is trying to branch out and not do the same ol same ol. And largely they have been failing. The first few episodes of Royal Pains have been bearable, Burn Notice has not been. But suits compared to last season has risen up to a new level. It is smart and funny without hitting you over the head with it. Characters that needed to be flushed out are being flushed out and it is really coming into its own.

The only gripe I have is the whole Mike and Rachel thing. I don't see her spilling his secret and they have great chemistry. It is the only plot that is lacking. But them circling each other for the season will be all right.

Overall fantastic episode and I can't wait to see the war between Hardman and Pierson.
I think if this show wasn't so fantastic I'd be forced to say the Rachel and Mike thing is contrived. It's the romantic entanglement that seems to be a staple for every show...and honestly this show is so amazing on it's own with the character dynamics and relationships, the cases, the writing, the plots...that they don't NEED romantic anything. But they toss it in there just because it's somehow required. They make this Rachel and Mike thing work, without it detracting from what really makes this show great. I like that.
It is contrived. My eyes rolled so far back in my head that my heat vision melted my brain a little bit.

LOL! you have enough to spare dude.
I loved the dialogue between Mike and his grandmother. Especially at the end.

"I can't go above 70."
Would it be blasphemous to say this has become my favorite USA network show?

Sorry, Burn Notice. Step aside, White Collar. The same goes for all of you:

- Common Law

- Covert Affairs

- Fairly Legal

- Royal Pains

I've never seen Necessary Roughness, so, um, it is excluded from this discussion.

At this point some of you might be thinking, "Wait a *insert expletive* second! What about Psych?!"

Psych is, and forever will be one of the greatest shows of all time. It is the hysterically hilarious holy grail of police/psychic detective procedurals and is still going strong after 6 seasons.

BUT

Suits has suavely ambled its way to the top of the extremely well programmed USA network. I wouldn't have written this 4 weeks ago, but the beginning of season 2 has been so superb, Suits is now easily on the top ten of my TV.com list ... Oh Shit! ...

*Returns after adding Suits to TV.com top 10*

Where was I? Oh yeah, Suits is awesome! You know how in certain technical Medical/Police/Legal shows you only watch for the characters and not the Medicine/Cases/...Cases? Well, Suits isn't like that. Every week dating back to the first episode of season 1 the legal magic elegantly wielded by Harvey and Mike (and from time to time even Louis) is just as engrossing as the characters. I actually care about the cases. But, maybe, it's the characters that make me care.

Harvey Specter is undeniably one of the best on television. He's the modernized Don Draper with all the swagger, charm and impeccable fashion sense, but without the moroseness and complete absence of humor. I don't know if there will ever come a day when I get tired of watching Harvey close a deal, but I sincerely hope not.

Mike is a good lead, and as is the case with most leads, the moral center of the show. I like him even though he has become a tad bitchy lately. I mean, come on, Harvey risked everything for him and he still sometimes acts like an entitled jackass, forgetful of the fact that he owes Harvey everything. Other than that recent little blemish, Mike's a smart and funny kid who serves as an effective leveler for Harvey's BAMF-ness.

Rachel has at times been boxed into the one-dimensional romantic interest role, but she's always been playfully clever and an uncommonly genuine person in a cutthroat profession. And now that she's taken the LSATS, her dynamic in the show will take on a lot of fun new possibilities. Can you imagine Rachel kicking ass in a court room and looking spectacular while doing it? I know I can.

Donna, oh sweet and lovely Donna. Suits would still be a great show without her, but it would lose half of its wit, moxie, heart and drop dead gorgeous women. I could honestly recite sonnets about her, but that might weird some people out, so I'll leave it at that.

I'm even starting to like Louis! The guy lives and breathes Pearson and Hardman, so I loved it when he put the associates in their place and confidently strode out of the room doing the Harvey Specter walk of awesomeness. His scene with Lady Louis was fun to watch. I hope we get to see more of Rachael Harris. And his rarely touching moment with Harvey made me smile, then laugh. You ARE the man, Louis!

Not to mention the fantastic season arc of Pearson vs. Hardman. It has beautifully ramped up the tension and stakes while adding a formidable foe for Jessica and Co. You can just tell the guy is a brilliantly conniving bastard. But I love it! The inclusion of Hardman has made everything more intense and was a seemingly planned (his name is in the title of the firm) master stroke by the writers.

In summation, Suits is great, and because there's a very VERY good chance nobody will ever read this absurdly long comment -

*Ahem*

"Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?

Thou art more lovely and more temperate:

Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,

And summer's lease hath all too short a date:

Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,

And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;

And every fair from fair sometime declines,

By chance or nature's changing course untrimm'd;

But thy eternal summer shall not fade.

Nor lose possession of that fair thou owest;

Nor shall Death brag thou wander'st in his shade,

When in eternal lines to time thou growest:

So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,

So long lives this and this gives life to thee."

- Will Shakespeare. No doubt writing about a woman like Donna.
i just want to say that as the HUGE fan of fringe that i am, you, fringefanatic, made my reviewing experience all the more enjoyable with your comments... and now to see you wandering the halls of SUITS is a real pleasure! and fun... LOL at your comment.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE SUITS.. and all you need is love right? enough said.
I agree Suits is awesome but better then Psych? Thats a bold statement... I might be biased because Psych is my favorite show but i think suits need a little bit more body of work to be put up their with Psych. Like you said Psych is awesome and has been going strong for 6 years!!
People start to take the best shows for granted once they get used to them. FringeFanatic has found a new love and he is infatuated. Once Suits is in its 6th season, some Pretty Young Thing will have come along and stolen his heart and attentions again.
No worries luv. I read this absurdly long comment. Because it was you who wrote it...and I'm not stranger to epic comments myself. LOL

Yes. To all of that. Hey...you didn't give a Jessica summation? What gives?

This show is that good. It's spectacular. It's worthy of Emmy's and other accolades, and honestly I felt the same way about it last season. It's practically unheard of that in the first season a show can start out the gate with fantasticness but it did that. I'm like overjoyed that this season it's finally getting more publicity and a broader audience and recognition. As someone who loves White Collar, and loved In Plain Sight and other USA shows, I'm inclined to agree with you. It's just that good. The writing for this show is witty, sophisticated, intelligent, real...it's insane! The cast is out of this world. The characters are spectacular. Yes. I agree with thee.

Harriet Specter and Michelle Ross. Both of them are epic-ally hilarious
Good episode. I think maybe they tried a little too hard to squeeze as many jokes in as possible. But some of them were good, and it's better to have a few too many than none at all. I'm glad that this is turning out to be less of a "legal procedural" than I had expected. Yes, they have a "case of the week" each week, but they're spending a lot less time on that, and a lot more time on the characters, than a procedural would.
maybe the best episode so far, I mean every single scene is funny, quotable and memorable!
more Rachel and Donna scenes? YES PLEASE! Those two are gorgeous alone, together it's just insane! and them femalizing Mike and Harvey's name was great.

I don't see why Mike can't be with Rachel and just not tell her he's a fraud, I mean it's protecting her right? and he's the one making it a bigger deal, he should just stop bringing it up. but whatever. I'm sure it'll happen before it's all said and done. would also like for Rachael Harris to show up some more in future episodes.

you could probably make a drinking game out of this show with how many times they say "shit" lol but why are so many shows trying to force hashtags on it now? so annoying.
Ha ha! I was thinking the exact same thing about the swearing! I was like they never swore this much last season but now there can definitely be a drinking game on how many times somebody said "shit."

I agree with you about Mike and Rachel. I don't see why he can't date her and just not tell her either. It doesn't seem all that complicated to me. I tend to make everything complicated so if I could come up with that as a simple solution than it speaks volumes. It didn't seem to bother him before...now all of a sudden in the midst of all this crazy power struggle stuff jumping off he wants to be more honorable than usual. I think that is what's annoying me so much. It never crossed his mind to do it before...probably because he knows how...unpredictable for lack of a better word Rachel can be when she learns certain things.
I didn't even notice the swearing, because my work day is full of swearing. When I do notice anything about swearing on TV, it is usually the disturbing lack of it. It makes a workplace seem unrealistic and takes me out of the story.
Last season before Suits aired that question about the salty language was brought up and I believe both Gabriel Mact and Patrick Adams had a similar response. They said they were given a bit more leeway because Thursday nights, people come home from a long day of work and jump into a good show that's real and gritty.
Actually I understand why Mike cant be with Rachel and I dont think that the main reason is to protect her. When they have a fight or problem in relationship its very possible that shell tell everyone about his secret and will ruin many people. I dont believe lovers at all, theyre very emotional and stupid, and thats why you cant tell your lover secret like that. Or well..you can..but you will pay for it.
Ugh. Lovers. They're just so full of... love... and other icky stuff.
well, just don't tell her about it is what I'm saying lol
Just the other day my lover said I was emotional and stupid. I told her she has some serious trust issues. She threw a vase at my head (why is it always a vase?). Haha! Lovers, am I right?
Exactly. He's not protecting her. He's protecting himself (and Harvey and Donna) FROM her.
Definitely another great episode. I'll second the demand for Donna & Rachel's alter-ego Happy Hour webisodes!

Hardman's totally full of BS. The whole tea set thing - Jessica should have just retorted, "How do you expect me to sympathize with you when you take (or rather, steal) things without asking?"
This episode was basically perfect. This is the first time that I think they have really painted Louis with a positive trait - I still wouldn't let him date any of my relatives, but I might admit his DNA has human traces.

Donna was fantastic as usual, and Rachel finally did what I've been hoping she would do: cowboy up. And the fake personas at the bar were video clip gold.

Jessica has the best dialogue, even when she's only giving glances. And the way she fills those dresses? DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

Daniel doesn't fool me for a minute even though I know most of the firm doesn't see him that way. I'll admit he's very good in sliding from humanitarian to revenge-seeker -- so good he gives me that sociopath vibe.
"And the way she fills those dresses? DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!"

When they showed that shot of Jessica walking to the couch while sipping tea and completely filling out that gray(?) one-piece dress, my whole body got wet. As much as I watch this show for the bromigos (ugh, I apologize), Jessica, Donna, and Rachel and their classy but tight dresses are what excite me most.
I don't say this to you often stanking, but you are awesome! Because this comment was awesome.

Louis was in fact fantastic. He almost stole the episode. I never had a problem with him though.

-there isn't a time when Donna isn't the best thing ever!And yes..thanks to sharing screentime with Donna, Rachel is now awesome too. She's awesome by association. She finally broke away from being only relevant with Mike, and now she's making moves to being a decent character on her own. I never disliked her, I was mostly indifferent when she wasn't doing something to annoy me. She is finally fleshing out as a character. It's great. Good for her.

-JESSICA. YES! Maybe it's me, but I always feel like there aren't many of us Jessica fans out there and I hate that so much. Jessica is such an amazing character. Complex, enigmatic, witty, smart...and just awesome. She's the only woman (so far) that has a certain hold on Harvey. He has a respect and reverence for her that is unparalleled. She's the female badass of this show, because you're right, she has some incredible dialogue but she can say so much with just one look. That takes serious skills. Sorry, I sort of idolize her character. Gushing over. For now.

-Daniel does have sociopathic tendencies! Thank you! I love it though! He's all conniving and in such a smart, clever, underhanded way. It is making things very interesting. Loving it.
More +
It was a Open Caption picture of Harvey and Jessica that led me to watch Suits in the first place. I've been a Gina Torres fan since her Hercules days, and her specialty has been to take any scene - from great Firefly to awful Cleopatra 2525 - and make it better. She's usually classy, but she's always hawt. And seriously, whoever is in charge of costuming for Suits should get an award. I've noticed that Suits never bores me, but I always sit up and pay attention when Jessica slinks into scene. And I'm dead chuffed that the storyline with Daniel is bringing her into greater prominence this season.
Really? I was invested before they even started airing. Legal drama/ genius kid/ and Gabriel Mact looked dashing, and I love Gina Torres. Then the previews for it pretty much had me in the bag. By the pilot I was a proud Suitor.

Me too. Loved her in Hercules. Nebula. She's amazing and I only watched Cleopatra 2525 for her. She demands your attention in whatever she's in. Love that about her. Totally have a girl crush on her. LOL! And yes the wardrobe for Suits is just as incredible as everything else on this show. They nail it all.
I watched for Vicky Pratt. She's kind of a terrible actress, but she turned me on.
Louis was the definite MVP of the episode this week, but it was an awesome episode all around.

I agree, Mike is going through a bratty phase. He complains a lot for someone who's a giant fraud, and he complains the most to the person who is actually on his side.

I wish I really knew what is going on with Hardman, he goes from villain to sympathetic seamlessly. Meh, I still think he's full of B.S.
Yeah sometimes I don't think Mike deserves Harvey, I mean the guy is doing everything in the books and off the books to make the little fraud happy and not mad at him. I think someday it will come to bite him. By the way the promo for next week was most intriguing, I hope it;s not the end of Mike and Harvey
I liked this episode because it gave us a different look at Louis and concentrated on other characters. Like always the dialogue was good, filled with catchy phrases like you mentioned:

"Mike: "I spent the night with my Grandmother!" Harvey: "Was she hot?""

Maybe Sorkin should take some notes from this show's dialogue.