Suits' Season 2 Summer Finale: Stoned Cold

Suits S02E10: "High Noon"

When is a cliffhanger not a cliffhanger? When it involves Mike Ross’s love life. It looks like the new girl, Tess, played by Elizabeth Hower of I Just Want my Pants Back fame, is, in fact, our new Jenny. The perpetual love triangle of Mike, Rachel, and Some Random Blonde from Mike’s Past is restored.

The first half of Suits' second season was very Harvey-heavy with the Coastal Motors lawsuit, the battle with Hardman, and the drama with Donna. While I welcome an increased focus on Mike, who has largely worked behind the scenes to support Harvey and Jessica, I’m disappointed in the implication that much of that focus is going to hinge on who he’s sleeping with. We did this last season and it sucked.

However, when it comes to Mike’s storyline, killing off Sassy Grandma was a gutsy move. Mike pointed out at her funeral that Sassy Grandma was his entire family. He didn’t feel like an orphan when his parents were killed, but with the death of his grandmother, his last living relative, he understood what that feeling felt like. Her death forces Mike to reinvent himself and while the love triangle aspect of Mike’s upcoming storyline makes me want to scream, the idea of Mike being forced to reinvent himself without his trusty grandma compass is very appealing.

And then there’s Harvey. The Pearson-Hardman popularity contest was wrapped up quickly in the opening scenes of “High Noon.” Hardman won. His victory was expected and I was certain that his tenure would last at least through the second half of the season, with Harvey’s story continuing to revolve around his place as Jessica’s right-hand man. Perhaps they’d even strike out on their own and start a new firm Mad Men-style. Pearson-Specter has a nice ring to it, right?

Instead, Jessica was firm in her stance to remain at Pearson-Hardman and fight the good fight from within. Meanwhile, Hardman was firm in his own stance that Harvey needed to be fired. With a reluctant Louis at his beck and call, Hardman went about his campaign against Harvey with all the maturity and finesse of a third grader (sorry, third graders).

How To Get Rid of Harvey Specter (Mwahaha)
by Daniel Hardman, MANAGING PARTNER

1. Give his office away (make sure his new office is the size of a broom closet)
2. Take away exclusive access to wunderkind Mike Ross
3. Assign detailed financial cases that bore Harvey to death
4. Take away access to ANY associates, yes, even Harold
5. Make him pee in a cup

And honestly, it was almost the drug test that did him in. Despite his adamant demand that Mike refrain from getting all toked up as an associate, Harvey let that one slide for one night only when he showed up to make Mike feel better about his grandma. Those two are some of the more energetic potheads I’ve seen, then they had to go kill the moon by talking about family and feelings and other things that can ruin a perfectly good buzz. Harvey’s dad was a sax player (hence the vinyl collection that makes me see green) and his mom was a groupie whom he caught cheating when he was 16. Ouch. Mike imagined the delightful horror that would be Harvey Specter’s offspring, complete with designer threads and smug attitudes.

They decided to go pee in Hardman’s office, but when they arrived at the building, Harvey had a change of heart and offered to let Mike in on the secret of the can opener ritual that he shares with Donna. It was a touching gesture considering Mike’s earlier lamentations about being alone in the world with no family. Blah blah blah family isn’t always blood blah blah, right? The family that you choose to be in can be just as strong and powerful as the one you are born into. Take, for example, Louis’s exclusion when Donna, Harvey, Mike, Jessica and the others celebrated Hardman’s removal from the firm. At one time, Louis would have most likely been invited to join in the festivities. However, after his recent actions, voting against Jessica and assisting in Harvey’s almost-firing, he realized that he would be unwelcome. Due to his betrayal, he no longer had a place in that particular family.

There was a small victory for Louis though. He DID get to keep his Senior Partner title and all of the status and perks that go with it. Yay! He also appeared to understand where his moral compass had failed him, and began to work his way back into the inner circle at Pearson-Hardman. Despite his rivalry with Harvey, hatred would be too strong of a word to use to describe his attitude. Though he voted for Hardman in place of Jessica, it was very much a gesture of quid pro quo. He was repaying Hardman for his promotion. Once Hardman turned to him with a mission to remove Harvey completely from the firm, his loyalty wavered because it wasn’t real. It was a business transaction.

Louis looks out for Louis, but the thing that differentiates him from Hardman is that Louis is reluctant to harm other people in his schemes. This is the sort of trait that reminds us that Louis SHOULD have a place among the “good guys” at Pearson-Hardman, he just has to prove it to his peers again.

And so the quest for the can opener led the very high and drunk Mike and Harvey to Harvey’s closet-office where Louis was still in henchman mode and smelled the weed on Harvey and Mike. While still in henchman mode, he took his information to Hardman, who ordered the drug test knowing that Harvey would certainly fail.

Luckily, Mike and Harvey utilized the supposed higher thinking associated with smoking weed to come up with a crazy conspiracy theory in which Hardman planted the memo that got Donna fired and Pearson-Hardman sued all in an effort to take back his position in the firm and throw Harvey out on the street. Crazy talk, right?

Not so much. For one thing, “Donna doesn’t make mistakes” and for another, Tanner actually admitted that the memo was a fake after losing a boxing match to Harvey. He refused to testify as much, but the private confirmation was at least enough for Harvey and Mike to work with, faking the amount of evidence they had to make Hardman implicate himself in front of the other partners. It should be noted that while he didn’t vote to fire Harvey, Louis DID vote to fire Hardman when the opportunity arose.

Of course, Hardman couldn’t leave quietly. He got one last jab in with Jessica, cryptically telling her that the story wasn’t done, implying that Harvey would one day turn on her. “One day” as in...later this season? Do we hope? It’ll be intense, man.

What are your thoughts about the “end” of the Daniel Hardman reign? What do you hope to see when Suits returns?

Here’s what I would like to see:

1. More law-school Rachel, less love-sick Rachel.

2. So basically, Mike and Harvey combated a fake memo with a fake injunction? That can’t possibly backfire later on, right? Like, say when someone looks at that name that was actually signed? I feel like someone has to double check the signature just because Mike said no one would. Chekhov's gun and all.

3.. More clarification on where Donna and Harvey actually stand. She’s back to fiercely loyal mode, and that’s awesome, but it also feels a little too neat and convenient considering the turmoil their unique relationship caused just a few episodes ago.

4.. I totally dug the more inclusive feel of the storylines in this half of the season. It seemed like everybody got some quality screen time with interesting, compelling stories. Keep doing that, please.

5.. Mike being an adult, finding direction, really coming into his own. No more crash-and-burn Mike. I thought we would go there during the mid-season finale with all the drinking and the smoking and the ANGST, but we didn’t and I’m okay with that.

6. I don’t think we learned enough about Tess for me to have a concrete opinion of her either way. I’m really just over the love triangle crap. Like, I really do not care. At all.

What about you?

This season was great in every aspect but the finale definitely needs some deleted scenes put back in. Although thanks for not making us wait for the result of voting till next season.

Also no crossover with White Collar this season. We will be waiting for that.

I enjoyed this season, but I wish the writers would commit to longer story arcs and real character growth.

A) I thought the romance with Rachel unfolded really beautifully this season. It grew out of true friendship and caring, slowly with subtle yearning glances. It took time to develop until neither of them could stand it, and neither could we. Really well handled. Then... insert contrived obstacle here. Why ruin one of the most beautiful and genuine romances on TV?!

B) Hardman was terrific. In fact, it was really unclear until this episode whether he was actually a bad guy, or just the target of Jessica's paranoia. I think it would have been so much more interesting to leave him in place, have him be honestly redeemed and fighting to regain the trust of the firm, but still fighting those demons of power and ambition that did him in previously. I would have liked for him to be a main character on the show, and one who's motivations you could never be sure of ... like Louis.

C) Louis had a lot of character growth this season. He went from a buffoonish cartoon bad guy last season into someone we were really starting to rooting for. It was so much fun to see him become more likable and more confident in himself. Now he's back to being everyone's punching bag.

I just feel like in attempt to tidy up all the story lines this season, they trivialized everything that happened. It's like someone hit the reset button. We're almost exactly back to where we were at the end of last season (with the exception of Louis's promotion, which was overdue and deserved, in my opinion).

It's a fun show. I thought this season it was growing into something really special. I wish they didn't just blow it all up. My two cents.
I don't think that Louis actually acting as Hardman's henchman. Just think about what we actually know about Louis' actions in this episode:

1. Everyone assumed that Louis voted for Hardman, but we didn't actually see him vote for her or hear him say he did.

2. When Hardman tells Louis that he wants to get Harvey fired we never actually hear Hardman give Louis any specific instructions.

3. Louis is supposedly harassing by making him take clients that bring in a lot of money and do the work himself, but law firms are mostly about billable hours and landing big clients. Making Harvey take financial cases, means Harvey will bring in big money and big clients. By keeping Harvey from pushing all the work off on the associates, 100% of the credit goes to Harvey. Working hard and bringing in big money doesn't usually get lawyers fired. Harvey's normal antics is what usually gets lawyers fired, i.e. playing poker for a client's company.

4. Louis tried to log on Harvey's computer, but we never find out the purpose for his snooping.

5. The only real trouble for Harvey comes with the drug test. Again, we never actually hear Louis accuse Harvey of being stoned. Even then, the accusation is what gives Harvey the forum to bring down Hardman. Are we really supposed to believe that someone as anal as Louis hasn't read the firm's bylaws?

If Louis was trying to get rid of Harvey with a drug test, it was only after Harvey assaulted Louis for being in his office. After years of being bullied, Louis might have finally had enough, but Louis' previous actions don't belong to a man trying to torpedo a colleague. There seems to be a lot of Oceans Eleven type misdirection in this episode.

Louis likes Harvey. He told his parents that Harvey was his best friend. It would take a cold heart to destroy Harvey, when Harvey clearly means so much to Louis. If season 2 interactions between Louis and his co-workers (Mike, Donna, Rachel) have revealed anything, it's that Louis is actually a big softie.

IMO, Louis thought Harvey was just a slick, fast-talker that got the associates to do all the grunt work - that's why he cut off Harvey's access to the associates, thinking that Harvey would fail at the paperwork of financial cases - something that's Louis specialty.

IIRC, Louis seemed a bit miffed when Harvey did fine with the financial paperwork, then maybe thought more of Harvey, since he proved himself capable, even without wonder-Mike.
I can't describe how much I love this show. It's just soooo good! If I had to voice a complaint about anything, it would be:

1) Tanner losing the boxing match and thus admitting the memo was a fake. That was a little contrived and unrealistic.

2) Mike's fricking love triangle "cliff-hanger". On one hand it made me happy that they resolved every plot that I care about so I won't be wondering about it until the show comes back. But then again, does anyone really care who he dates? Really? There are many things that make this show amazing but the romantic "will they, won't they" is not one of them. Let them get together or don't. It's not compelling enough to drag it out.

That said, I still loved the finale!!
Tanner admitting the memo is not that hard to believe. The relationship between Hardman and Tanner is pure business. And I can image how Tanner felt pissed when Hardman withdrew the law suit at the last minute and felt being used. Tanner admitting the memo is more at the personal level, to an opponent he respects. He made it clear that he would not testify and I believe if ever being asked by another person, he would not hesitate to deny ever said that. That is why they need the document signed by the other guy.
I understood what was happening and why it was happening. My point was that using a boxing match to determine whether or not Tanner tells Harvey why they settled was contrived and unrealistic. I've yet to meet a lawyer who will allow me one, possibly damning, question if I beat them at something. Just me?
Sweet baby Jesus that finale was all sorts of fantastic. I mean despite some of it being relatively predictable and it being wrapped up a bit too easily in some regards, it was just a great finale. Suits has just been great this season, every single episode. I watched it twice, then saved it because I know I'm going to want to watch it again sometime soon to soak up the awesomeness that comes when everything about a show just comes together. I mean from the witty dialogue, the fantastically written and complex characters, a simply superb cast, the set...the wardrobe. Everything.

-HIGHlights. Litt up took a whole new meaning when it came down to watching Harvey and Mike actually getting high together. Never would I have ever found getting high so wildly entertaining, amusing, and kind of badass. But it put one of my favorite relationships on this show in the forefront again. They managed to squeeze all of them in. Mike and Harvey's bromance was front in center for the first time this season and it was perfect. From Harvey letting him in on the canopener and thumbtack thing (I would give a heck of a lot to see what they did in that darn elevator) to sharing more about himself, and letting Mike vote Hardman out. Good times. Also Mike Ross in an office celebrating with Harvey, Jessica, and Donna. All of my favorite characters sharing the screen together in celebration made me smile.

-Harvey and Donna. They did get wrapped up a bit too neatly because there probably should have been more friction there. But I love those two anyways. I love how fiercely loyal the characters on this show are to one another. Donna going off on Louis the way that she did and her dedication to Harvey the whole time through was nothing short of awesome.

-Jessica and Harvey. Definitely one of my fave relationships of the series. I love the loyalty between those two as well "If you go, I go" and Pearson-Specter would be a kickass firm, no doubt about it. All season I was thrilled that Jessica got more screentime because Gina Torres is INCREDIBLE, but I've been even more thrilled that we've had further insight into this dynamic between her and Harvey. There aren't adequate words to describe it but it's amazing. Bonds like that are rare, and I can't be the only one wondering just how those two ended up getting high in her office that one other time. They've had each other's backs all season and it was great to see it still so strong, but like the Donna and Harvey bond, I feel they still glossed over some matters. Primary focus had to be on Hardman but you'd think there was still some things those two had to work out with him lying to her about Mike etc.

-For once Rachel didn't annoy me in an episode and she was the perfect support system for Mike all the way through. I loved that. Up until the last few seconds of course. Although to be fair, if I were her I probably wouldn't even bother getting upset. He made a move, she declined, he's vulnerable and that exploitive new hussy Tess (I NEVER like a Tess on tv) took advantage of his err vulnerable state. You'd think rachel would eventually learn her lesson about being so hot and cold all the time. In a show that has strong, empowered women that are admirable she's the one female that is constantly reduced to some female cliche...it's part of what annoys me about her so much.

-I'm gonna miss Hardman. No one did slimy quite like he did. Clearly that man has to be coming back. I think the way in which they got rid of him was done too fast. I kind of would have liked seeing Jessica and co. in limbo for a bit longer and Hardman power tripping. He played bad oh so good. I also feel like his implications that Harvey would one day turn on Jessica was too cliche. I'd be pissed if they ever even hinted that that could happen because it's so out of character for them both at this point...it'd be a cheap trick writing wise.

-Oh Louis. He got carried away with his ego tripping and new power and it screwed him again. He's totally out of the circle of trust now. But as usual for someone like Louis, he came through in the clutch. Shaquille O'Bryant...gotta love Louis!

- I hope to see Donna and Jessica interact more. Those two are awesome and they should have more of a bond given their close relationship with Harvey and their similarities personality wise. I also want to see more of Jessica and MIke interacting especially now. The bromance should be put front and center a bit more now. Mike is essential and he's grown and become a bit more jaded...they should show that...he's not so much "the kid" anymore. I'd like the love triangle crap to take a backseat, it's the least interesting thing about the series. I'd like to see Rachel being her own character, outside of that girl that is on and off with Mike, and Donna's occasional confidante. She's the only weak character on the show because she hasn't been shown as a well rounded full character. Honestly there isn't too much I'd change, because Suits was incredible the first season but this last season was even better and truly compelling. They had the perfect amount of focus on all the characters, something that shows with more longevity still can't seem to pull off. They gave most of the characters more depth and pulled back more layers but still left enough for them to be enigmatic.

I appreciate the fact that the cliffhanger wasn't really a cliffhanger. I suppose they didn't really need one. After so much intensity all season long, it was nice to take a breather, have a conclusion and be satisfied with how it ended up. I could give less than a damn about that ending ripped right out of a Rom-Com. Clearly my Mikey is still a sweet guy, a lesser man would have invited Rachel in too and reallly got the party started. I'm just sayin. I'd say that was a WWHD moment but Harvey Specter doesn't sleep with married non wedding band wearing women.

Best Quotes:

"I'm sorry I don't have a photographic memory, but my brain is too busy being awesome."

"I drink three gatorades on the way here, I'm going to pee orange!"

"If you go, I go"

"If you go, I go"

"Don't look at me, I went and came back already."

"Is this the coffee cart guy?"

Damn I'm going to miss this show. January seems so far away.
the quote actually is

Harvey: "You go, I go."

Jessica: *indicating mike* "He goes."

Donna: "I already went and came back"

Personally, I think that was a huge moment. Jessica no longer just tolerates Mike for threat of Harvey leaving, but seems to actively consider him an ally/inner circle member to be protected. This change in dynamic could be huge, especially if sometime in the future Hardman discover's Mike's past, and Jessica will have to be the one to step up to help him out.
Best quote of the season:

"(I NEVER like a Tess on tv)"

I liked Tess on Roswell. I don't think I was supposed to.
Oh saf! I loathed Tess on Roswell. From the moment she appeared there was something about her that made me want to pull her precious ringlets out and scratch out her "innocent" looking eyeballs. I assure you, I'm not a violent person. She just rubbed me the wrong way, and it wasn't because of her interference with the Max&Liz crap either.
Haha, you weren't! Even though she was played by Emilie De Ravin
I loved the summer finale, but i hated the love triangle... I think it's time to put someone to compete with mike. Louis could recruit someone (because he just made senior partner) that could be Mike's future rival! I'd love that scenario!
He could have a proper drug addiction, like coke, that would help him to perform better, and he could be capable of not spilling his guts to any girl he goes on two dates with, causing him to be able to bag Rachel. He could have an actual education and demonstrate that a photographic memory is not the same thing as intelligence. He could not wear a purse. So many possibilities.
They're called man bags. ; )
Hey! The food tasting was not a date! The count is one date so far ;)
I absolutely love this show and the world they've created. It's probably the most enjoyable show I watch (for me, that is. Your satisfaction may vary). That being said, I was a little disappointed with how things played out in the finale.

First, Tess was a completely unnecessary addition. It's like they fired the girl who played Jenny and then scrambled to find someone who looks like her to fill that love triangle role with Mike and Rachel. And how predictable was it that Rachel showed up at the very end, instead of the pizza guy? Love triangle 101 right there, and very played out.

Second, stop teasing us with Mike and Rachel will they / won't they. I like Rachel and want them to be together, but I don't want this to turn into another Moonlighting (they teased it so much that when they finally got together, it killed the show). Either get them together now and deal with that new situation or move on.

Third, they brought Donna back too early and way too easily. It would have been far more satisfying to have waited until exposing Hardman's deceit in the finale, thus clearing her name. The way it would have played out afterwards between Donna and Harvey could have been priceless about how he should have believed in her, with more anger from Donna about taking the fall for something she didn't do. Now, we won't even see any of the emotional impact from Donna's realization about what Daniel did (framing her much in the same way he framed Louis five years earlier; something many of us predicted btw).

That being said, Louis Litt grew into the most intriguing and complex character this half season and I pretty much love all of the other characters on the show, even Harold. :) Can't wait for the back half of season two!
Yes. To all of that. I literally rolled my eyes and through my Suits cupcake at the tv when Tess appeared. Yes, I had a Suits viewing party for it's last hoorah. Don't judge. lol! But the Tess thing was so unnecessary, unoriginal, and just cringeworthy. I was just waiting for that last scene to play out, knowing exactly how it was going to happen.

Yes, Donna came back too soon and too easily. She and Harvey put things behind them too quickly. Same could be said about Harvey and Jessica. But I have a smidget of hope that now that Hardman is out of the picture and they're relatively back to normal, they all have the time to sort of deal with all the crap that went down the past few months.

Louis got more depth and it was fantastic. I hope it continues. He and Jessica both were the two charcters that seemed to be peripheral in relation to everyone else and what was going on everywhere else. I was thrilled to see them get more face time this season and it's down wonders for both of them. I hope it continues. I like Louis, it's hard not to like Louis, and I relate that to Rick Hoffman who is fantastic at playing these characters that should be unlikeable but giving them a vulnerability that makes them kind of sweet.
More +
No judging! :) Sounds like fun! Plus, cupcakes! SUITS cupcakes! lol Good stuff, blue!
sweet. To push it further, we totally dressed up like the characters.
Donna didn't care what Hardman did to her because she saw it for what it was, an attack on Harvey. What pissed Donna off was Harvey not having her back.
HATE the love triangle crap! ESPECIALLY with a married woman?? I was so proud when Mike initially turned her away after I was annoyed with how he was acting with Rachel and then he turns around and calls that adulterous slut?? Ugh! And you just knew it was Rachel at the door. SO cliche! I'm all for law-school Rachel too. Mike doesn't need a love story. He can't handle it!
I was disappointed on so many levels, mainly because it was terrible writing with no less than four, count them four, Deus ex Machina moments.One is bad enough, but four is just too much.

Anyway it confirmed me as a Louis fan and a Jessica-hater.I think that Louis and Rick Hoffman are the real winners of this season. I think TPTB should consider a spin off where Louis leaves P&H and have them eat sh%^t. Conversely, Gina Torres is superb in making me feel totally repulsed by Jessica. Both actors deserve a really major career shattering role in some movie, because Suits has boosted and given their career the impulse to move up right now.

I just honestly can't see what Harvey sees in Jessica.Please don't tell me that she's a strong woman BS, because she is just mean spirited and narcissistic. And worse than all, she has no sense of humor at all. She's just a power hungry psychopath as far I can see and I did give her some of my thinking time to find some redeeming quality, but just nothing comes to mind.

Mike is just losing his show, He must have pi$$ed off some writers who have given him nothing that season. I have tried to think of a single gain and I cannot see any. But he has lost a lot mainly through pride and smugness. He better change back to who he was season one or else Louis is taking over and stealing this show and he just won't give it back.
Harvey sees himself in Jessica. Why is it okay for Harvey to be mean-spirited and narcissistic but not Jessica? Because strong women are considered bitches (often even by other women). Sorry, no, can't let you off the hook here, your view of Jessica is sexist.
Thank you. Virtual ((Hugs)). You summed it up nicely, and in three or so sentences. I envy you.
Tess is Donna's younger sister!!!! Did anyone else notice the incredible resemblance?
Honestly, that was the first thing I noticed about her!
What about the freaking can opener
You mean you haven't seen the can opener? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39HyII5ektg
They don't even know what the can opener is. So we'll most likely never know.
they will never tell us. It's just a little joke
The whole Tess thing seems unnecessary. There is enough going on that it adds a pointless sub-plot here. I'd rather see the inner conflict between the core 5 go away, and focus on external issues more.

AGREED!
I agree with point #1, more law-school Rachel, & #4 that everybody got quality time.

I agree with #6, no more love-triangle pls. On a side note, Tess, Mike's childhood friend, did look like Dona's little sister.

Great quote by Harvey, "today is not the day he sees me sweat." Also, nice reference to Shawshank.
This whole show has crazy awesome quotables every single episode. I've found myself reciting a few on more than one occasion. Witty dialogue ftw!
I gave it 2 seasons but I'm done.

This finale was insanely underwhelming.

The 'heroes' of the story, Mike, Harvey, Donna, and Jessica, have become completely unlikeable. The stories are no longer compelling (the Hartman angle could have been). Louis was absolutely fascinating, only to go back to the nearly one-dimensional revolting character from last season.

The straw was the bloopers on You Tube; Patrick J. Adams making a joke of Meghan Markle's race. Wow. is this 2012 or 1936?
I looked up that bloopers video. This is the dialogue:

Rachel: I've never seen that movie.

Mike: You... (looking shocked)

Rachel: What? It's black and white.

Mike: So are you.

This a is harmless joke that doesn't in any way suggest that either of the two races is inferior to the other. So your reaction is pretty misguided.
Exactly. I think this show prides itself in being pretty realistic, especially in how people interact with one another. No one could convince me that they've never cracked a joke or two amongst their group of friends of various races. And pointing out an observation or fact to a friend doesn't make it offensive or mean spirited. If he said it to a client he didn't know, there could be a case, but it's his friend. I swear we're either too PC or not PC enough.
Also, the writers botched a key legal point. If Pearson and Hardman don't want to be in business together as partners, either one can leave at any time, because non-compete clauses for lawyers are invalid and unenforceable except in the context of the sale of a practice related to the retirement of a lawyer.
Not a fake injunction. A fake affidavit. Totally different things.
Of course they are, but this is Tim we're talking about.
Bitching about the reviewers is about as intelligent as an ad for nuttyrich. Both have the quality of spam.
Tim who? MaryAnn writes this show's reviews.
Which is why they actually reflect the show and not a personal bias. Look away. I didn't just say that.
I was so disappointed. Mike was crazy about Rachel and in less than 1 minute sleeps with another gal, that's married even!! Don't care if the younger you are the less you care. Typical show writers. Same old crap. Keep the good couples apart, until the last minute of the last episode of the series. Secondly I thought Mike was a good guy Not anymore. And then the stupid law firm story line. I didn't like the storyline very much this season but then with the the office story line and no fun ending with Rachel and Mike or Harvey and Donna, I decided I may not really care about watching another season. I like a good love story. Didn't get it this time.
There's more to this show than the "love story". Plus the season's not over yet. Wait until the end of the season to figure out if you want to watch it or not.
In my opinion, the love story was superbly there and shined like a star :D They talked, they bonded and got stoned together. It was a worlwide trend topic on Twitter, too lol.

:-) *jokes*
I completely agree with you! unfortunately I'm not sure i have enough self-control to not watch. Even Harvey, who doesn't have much of an ethical agenda, wont sleep with married women due his parents marital history. I am tired of people doing this crap!! Changing a character's.. well character just to get a reaction from the viewers and poor fuel on the fire!!!
I've never thought Mike was a good guy. He's a lazy guy and easily persuaded into doing things. I think any goodness you saw was his trying to please and live up to the expectations of his grandmother, who was his moral compass.
I think of Mike as the kind of guy who is trying to use his situation to do some good. Yes he can be lazy and sometimes he's had to do things he didn't want to. Sleeping with a married woman is wrong, but it was inline with the episodes' theme of doing stupid things and being careless. I personally would not do it and I don't talk to friends that are married when there was something there in the past. Mike's grandmother was there to keep him from going off rails, he developed his own moral compass, look how he become a "lawyer" in the first place. What was clear in the beginning of this episode when Mike was talking about his grams she gave him a reason to keep going when things got rough. I would of liked it if he would of called or went to Jenny.
I'll buy that, especially about his grandmother being his moral compass. And people deal with grief in different ways. Mike wanted to feel close to another human being. Rachel said no, but Tess said yes. Not really any deeper than that.
He should of went to Jenny but sadly he's too lazy to do that :(
lol. that's what I wanted him to do too.
ITA. If anything, the removal of his g-ma will make his fall to Harvey/Vader's dark side all the more likely. They are very much alike.
Typical TV!

Rachel is a babe, though!!!! She deserves better!
2. I don't think that's a problem. They only used that signature to show the partners that *Daniel believed* that Mike had been able to get the guy to sign the statement. Daniel's reaction was the reason they voted him out, not the actual document.

I'm not saying I find any of what happened at that meeting plausible. I'm just saying that I think the above is what the writers were thinking.

6. I agree 100%.
I thought this was pretty bad. It had some good moments, but it wasn't a good episode, or a worthy ending of the season.

The way that team Jessica got the company back after losing it was the worst. It was much too easy, and not even remotely plausible. That guy would never have told Harvey anything, and there's no way they could have convinced a bunch of senior partners who just voted for Daniel, to get rid of him that quickly and easily.

Louis is the only person there who even comes close to being a good guy. Harvey just keeps getting more unlikeable, with all that misdirected anger at Louis. He should be grateful if all he gets back after bullying Louis for years is some unassisted boring case work.

Donna's rant against Louis was ridiculous. I don't mean that it was bad writing, or that it wasn't plausible. It was well-written and plausible. But it was frustrating to hear a character I like accuse Louis of having betrayed *them*. As if he owed them anything after being treated like dirt for years. It makes sense for the character to be on Harvey's side, but this makes it harder to think of her as one of the good guys.

We finally got a good reason to think of Daniel as "the bad guy", but we certainly don't have a reason to think of team Jessica as "the good guys".

I hate clichs like "I never got to say goodbye". Didn't they use it in the previous episode too?

Shortly after we heard Mike say that, he was kissing that Tess girl, and I was thinking "If Rachel walks in at this exact moment, I'm going to hurl". I was relieved when she didn't, because I'm so tired of seeing scenes like that in all these shows. (LOL first season of Revenge). Of course, the writers were just waiting for the end of the episode to include a scene like that. It made me not want to see the next season.

Why do we need another random blonde girl for Rachel to be jealous of? My first thought when Tess appeared was that she would inadvertently reveal something to Rachel that makes her realize that Mike has been lying about stuff. But the writers had brought her in for a much more annoying reason.

The Mike Ross & Rachel love story is really boring. Rachel isn't the problem. Mike is.

Mike is a boring character. His background story is interesting, but they're hardly talking about that anymore.

AGREED!

Harvey First Season - Asshole with a moral compass + Mike as his humanity

Harvey Season 2 - Just an asshole!

The characters and take on a procedural drama was quite refreshing first season but all those millions of viewers and money that USA clearly threw at the show is diluting the quality. Mike was our anchor first season, a look inside this rich and powerful world of lawyers and the confidence and hardwork it takes to compete in said world, not that that was news but they showed it in a very charming and original way. They moved too quickly and and the show got lost in its own Drama. Definitely agree with you about the Donna thing, her speech to Louis was childish as hell. She basically told him that we all hate and disrespect you but you were on our team and you should've voted for us but now that you didn't, no one will talk to you. It sounded like some serious playground childish bullshit. The guy has had ZERO incentive to throw in with the supposed heroes of the show. You'd think, especially with him retaining his new (well deserved) senior partner position that they would be nice to him seeing as though he was always the number one person you thought of who could blow the lid on this Mike Ross fraud thing. Keep your enemies close and all. I'm also finding that these guys are heroes simply because the writers are telling us that they are and that we should root for them. Jessica is highly unlikable and Harvey is following suit. I hate when writers insult the intelligence of the audience like that. This show is way too dramatic in the non subtle way which only leads to annoyance and hatred of characters ie. the shell of a character that is Rachel Zane.

The best part of this episode was the 'These pretzels are making me thirsty' Seinfeld reference. Although afterwards i felt bad for Seinfeld.
More +
Absolutely agree with both of you.

What a completely anti-climatic ending. That was supposed to be a cliff hanger? Oh, please. I have seen paint drying that was more intriguing.

Donna's cute little zingers can't save that character for me. She, like Harvey, Mike and Jessica have all become so unlikable and predictable that there is a very high likelihood that I will forget to watch this show when it break is over.

For the record, I never did like Rachel and new blond? Who cares! That soap opera crap bores the piss out of me and this show has made it no less insulting to my intelligence than the TV fantasy law they bandy about.
Yes! Someone finally put voice to the thought playing in my head. Mike is boring!! No matter what they do to make him interesting, he's still boring!!!!
For a moment I was hoping that maybe Hartman would start another law firm and take Louis and Tanner with him. I know about the non compete, but at one point Jessica offered to waiver that just to get rid of him. Then they could have had oposition in court, which at this point I would like to see some actual court drama.

About Tess; did nobody notice when she said she was married there was NO ring on her finger? That was the first thing I saw...or rather didn't see. And remember how they said that she and Mike had shared all of the major milestones together. Well, I am thinking that at some point in time they went off to Vegas got drunk/high and got married, so yeah she is married. It could be that neither one of them remembered this and just went about their lives for years until she just recently found out that she is legally married to Mike and came back to decide whether to stay married to him or divorce him.

This episode should of been called Easy come Easy go. I'm going to do this by the numbers.

1) Rachel is too wishy-washy when it comes to Mike. She wants to have control of the relationship rather than be in a relationship with Mike. His grandma died and she turned him down when he actually wanted something from of course he's going to go elsewhere. Rachel is not mature enough for Mike.

2) I'm sure Mike signed it, and it does not matter. The Partners voted on hearsay, in fact the firm seems to run on it. Mike threw the document in the middle of the table where no one would get to it and check if it was even signed. The Hardman situation was wrapped up a little too neat and much of this episode was predictable.

3) Donna is Harvey's right hand woman at work, she clarified that last episode. Harvey in the past has shown more interest in other women there's no "feels" between them. As Donna said "after a while they just go away".

4) The comedy (Louis, the flashback, etc) this season has been great, the meat and bones not so much. The Hardman story is a wash, it could have been better, Donna was in no real danger of going anywhere, Mike and Rachel are a failure to launch, Mike's grandmother is dead all so he could get a new apartment, and Louis is back on the trail of the Fraud of Mike Ross.

5) I'm interested to see who Mike becomes now that his grieving is over. There's potential with "orphan" Mike.

6) I disagree completely about Tessa. She's Mike's earliest girlfriend who broke his heart and is currently MaRRIED. Even so she available 24/7 to fill in for Jenny (I'm rolling my eyes now).

One thing this half of season 2 did for me is turn me completely off from Jessica, I don't like that way treats people. Hardman being in control of the firm had a chance to introduce new elements into the characters but that was not to be. Instead is looks like Louis reverted back to his old self and we are going down the same old worn path, Harvey being the golden boy who could do no wrong( with his sidekick Donna), Rachel and Mike angst, and finally Louis trying to go after Harvey in Wile E. Coyote fashion.

Well said! Spot on.
1) What are you talking about? She's in love with him. God knows why, but she is. He has told her that he doesn't *want* a relationship with her. She turned him down this time because she saw that Mike was sad and lonely, and just needed a female body to ejaculate in. She said no because she didn't want to be miserable the day after. Then she changed her mind. Maybe because she convinced herself that it could still be the start of something. Maybe because she thought that it would still be awesome to sleep with someone she's in love with.

There was nothing about it that suggests that she is trying to control him.
I meant she tries to be in control of the situation. She would not answer questions about her past and she's not exactly open. She could just spent time with him that night. He wanted a female body he didn't need it. He wants a relationship with her but Harvey said not to tell her about his secret, so he pushed her away because he couldn't figure out a way around that.

She might be obsessed with him or at least enjoys the attention he gives her. They've only been on one real date. She's only seen pieces of him and doesn't know his secret or the real Mike. How can she be in love with him?
Yep, you nailed it. There were so many juicy episodes to be had with Hardman and control. But the writers had less interesting stories (Mike and Rachel) to explore.
1. Agreed. Rachel is a sharp cookie in her own light ... and the firm should have Jessica mentor her, and develop storylines that end up balancing cases-of-the-week between Jessica/Rachel and Harvey/Mike.

2. Mike Ross MUST be the luckiest legal guy on the planet; he's faked being a real lawyer for a while now, and after this episode has developed enough Harvey-like skills to be the sharp end of the spear in TAKING DOWN A MANAGING PARTNER OF A LAW FIRM! Do you KNOW how hard that is to pull off? Believe me, it is ... not that I know anything about that personally, mind you!

3. Where Donna and Harvey STAND? All you need to know about that is what she told Lewis ... when she clasped her hands together, in describing their relationship. Unbreakable, my friend! Yeah, they may fight like brother and sister sometimes, but at the end of the day - they are a PACKAGE deal. Jessica knows it ... Mike knows it ... and Lewis better get it through his head.

4. Totally agree.

5. He's around real adults now ... dealing with real consequences for his, and others', actions. That'll grow hairs on your chest faster than almost anything except rushing a Taliban pillbox with a US Army platoon beside you. We needed to see THE COMING OF AGE OF MICHAEL ROSS; now that it's well on its' way .... can we PLEASE see an episode where he and the rest of the gang goes out one night and ends up singing karaoke?

6. Over the triangle crap, too .... Tess just better not be some undercover skill for the feds, or a rival law firm, or someone from Harvey and Jessica's past lives as Middle Eastern weapons merchants .... OOPS! Wasn't supposed to spill those beans! MY BAD!

Great season all round, though .... except for the fact that I'm gonna miss Grammy, too - she lipped people like no one else can, and that's a rare gift in these troubled times!
One problem I have with this show: According to the laws of the state of New York at the time of the pilot Mike Ross IS a real lawyer.
Somebody did their research! :)
Really? How?
Until this year, you only needed to pass the bar. Even now, you only need something like a year of law school and some work experience, but he would have fallen under the old rules.
@shocker713 It changed in April http://www.nybarexam.org/Rules/Rules.htm#520.4 , but in NY 2 years ago, no, those were not prerequisites for taking the exam in NY (it is a state by state thing).
@NWBill:

I question Mike's intelligence. He is only intelligent about some things. He is too stupid to not have a password of mike999? And face it, when it comes to interpersonal relationships, he is arrested development 101.
Well, then ... for all intents and purposes, Mike IS a lawyer; he's taken (and passed) the bar - but FOR OTHER PEOPLE ... he's definitely got some work experience, and finally - he seems like the kid we all hated in school; the one who could sit for ANY exam, take it, and PASS it - without breaking a single sweat ball!! His memory is incredible; but, he's truly an EXTREMELY intelligent person, with or without it .... so, WHEN he gets caught (and, judging from the promos for next season, he WILL), the only question is: how much will the firm suffer? Because Mike Ross could go anywhere, and pass any bar, anyone wants to put in front of him.

It's gonna be interesting, to see how the writers of the show work all this out.
Aren't a college and legal education prerequisites for even taking the Bar?
Ha ha, you are totally right, Tess is the new Jenny and it's not a cliffhanger because nobody cares. Poor Rachel got sent back to the minors in character writing, back to pining over Mike and having no outside interests - she was literally there to care about Mike in his time of need, interact in teasing, then get burned just like always, and it's a snore. I can only hope that the wrote that stuff for the end of this episode as a statement of how Mike has become more like Harvey, and in fact with the pot smoking scenes found out he's already more like Harvey than he even initially knew.

As for the "evil plot to blow up Specterman", you forgot a step in between 4 and 5 where Harvey is forced to second-chair for Louis. That was really the breaking point, having to do work behind the scenes with none of the credit while sitting next to Louis in court and smiling like a monkey.

What I loved about this episode was they played up Mike's big failure, the super-dangerous drug he'd fall into, and then halfway through when he succumbs, it turns out Mike can still deliver at the memorial, and even better, Harvey is showing him it's both no big deal and a risk at the same time. I could not have had more fun with Harvey getting into the wacky, he was awesome, even his eyes told stories of past events, and it worked so well.

Harvey's backstory was interesting, I'm glad they didn't pull some BS move at the end where Harvey retracts everything, a lesser show would just have the mysterious Mr. Specter say he was making it all up, but this was better because it was a human story and it was ugly but not mind-shattering.

Louis' actions in the second half of this episode were nebulous, was he voting against Hardman for the right reasons, for Donna, perhaps just because he saw which way the wind was blowing, or maybe was it an ace card he had been holding onto and he's a better schemer than the show gives him credit for? The ending suggests it was selfish reasons but I'm not so sure, and it makes Louis more interesting.

Mike's faked memo doesn't matter, it doesn't matter at all that he signed it, Daniel took the bait and that's the end of it, it's not a legal document so it can be shredded at this point, nobody can bust them later on it because it was only a gambit to get Hardman to incriminate himself, not to get someone else to take him down - that's the difference between what Hardman did and what Mike did, Hardman planted evidence for use in a legal matter.
Louis can quote Game of Thrones, but Harvey and Mike are champs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVqzGhgrsIU
I really wish the cliffhanger would be more thought out rather than just introducing a new character just for the sake of having a love triangle, but since Louis Litt quoted The Game of Thrones and declared himself a Lannister, I can forgive Suits for right about anything.
Great finale. I found the triangle thingy tense but also annoying. Don't like this Tess chick and hope she swiftly disappears.

Not even sure I want Mike and Rachel to get together, she can do better.

Great episode though. It had enough plot points for 5 episodes.
Harold and the Can Opener: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39HyII5ektg
2 - As Mike said, he signed HIS name to the document. Had he forged the signature it would be one thing, but he just lied to a group of lawyers about what was in the envelope. He could have easily just left the envelope empty or the paper unsigned... but if someone just glanced at it and saw A signature it would be solid.

Since it wasn't submitted in any legal matter: I don't know how illegal it is. Cops can hold a fake envelope in interrogation and say it has a testimony saying the guy is guilty to get him to confess... but so long as the evidence isn't actually manufactured and/or used it's fair game to use their testimony.
He never lied about the contents. He said it was a signed affadavit that Kemp knew about the defect and told Hardman. He never said Kemp signed it.

YAY SEMANTICS!
Oh, and as for what you'd like to see from Suits in its return:

1. I agree with you. I don't mind more Rachel -- at the very least, I find her attractive -- but I do dislike the will-they-wont-they stuff, so I'd be much happier with less love-sick Rachel.

2. The faked affidavit isn't something I'd like to see more of, just because it would seem too obvious. It helped wrap up a great plot to the season (for now), but I'd much prefer that if Hardman comes back to fight, that it not be with the Mike-signed affidavit.

3. I agree with you wanting more tension between Donna and Harvey, but I expected/wanted that during her return. But now, after seeing her return and the way she'd been acting these past two episodes, it would seem too inconsistent for me if they then made her distressed or whatnot.

I agree with your 4, 5, and 6.

I can't think of anything I'd like to see outside of the stuff you've mentioned. Mostly, I just want to see Mike and Rachel both grow up and stop with their back and forth lovey-dovey thingy.
I'd like to congratulate any and everyone who, during these reviews so far this season, have suggested that Hardman planted the Coastal Motors document. You were correct! It certainly seemed plausible and was often in the back of my head, but I never really got behind the idea too much.

I'm personally glad that the episode brought up the idea of Jessica and Harvey starting their own firm. Mostly before they brought Donna back, I had kind of envisioned Jess and Harv leaving, starting their own firm, and employing Mike, Donna, and Rachel, along with some other associates. But I basically dismissed the idea when Donna was brought back to the firm so easily, and because they put a lot of positive focus on Louis this season (my scenario had him either not involved anymore or had him getting sick of working with Hardman and begging Jess and Harv to take him) and realized those scenarios weren't going to work well. So I like that they made the small mention of the idea of starting their own firm and of the non-compete clauses in their contracts.

All in all, this was quite a fun and pleasing summer finale. No real complaints from me, other than my slight dislike at Rachel dismissing her earlier refusal and going to Mike at the end. Despite my overall dislike of it, I've come to accept that the Mike and Rachel "will they or wont they" plot will be everlasting... but I thought it was both too obvious and a little lame at the end.
I don't even look forward to next episodes because Mike is an idiot. Poor Rachel :(
I feel I should explain where I'm coming from. Mike wants someone who understands him and someone who he can be himself with. Harvey does not want Mike telling Rachel his secret, probably since she works at the office, so he's going to be always looking elsewhere until she knows. Then there's the Rachel problem, she wants to be "in" a relationship with Mike but does not want the pressure of being in the relationship, she wants all the control. I can understand she's afraid to get close to him but it's because of the fear her and Mike just won't work. The prime example in this episode is when he started kissing her and she rejected him. I'd be happy if they bought Jenny back and left Rachel and Mike as coworkers.
Rachel had her chance she turned him down. Do you expect him to not go elsewhere when she rejects him?
She didn't turn him down. She turned down the situation and the timing. She didn't say "No"; she said "Not like this".
USA is doing such a good job this year, and this Finale was as good as Burn Notice. I didn't see them getting the firm back but was so glad when they did.

Being in law it truly is what the "Big Boys" do in the large offices. It's about the win... This is a great show, only wish it wasn't 5 months wait.
I agree that Mike's love life is uninteresting now, even tough during season I was hoping he and Rachel would get together at some point. But it is necessary. At some point Rachel will find out Mike's secret and could lead to some interesting plots on her part.

Mike and Harvey stoned was the best scene so far of the show. "These pretzels are making me thirsty" was a classic for Seinfeld fans and who doesn't know that I'm sorry for them.

Mike's "play" in the partners meeting reminded me of the opening scene of pilot episode when Harvey uses a random peace of paper to convince a client it's a specific document. Seems Mike is getting more and more like Harvey. Mike should make Junior Partner after this. Can't believe I have to wait almost 5 months till January for Suits to return.
Yeah, I love the pretzel line. Classic.
Simply love stoned Harvey...
Harvey: Is this the coffee cart guy?

I laughed so hard at that.
More HAROLD
I'll point out that yes, while Harold is a clown, that is, he provides comic relief, 90% of Donna's dialogue accomplishes the same thing...she's just hotter! Half of Louis is comedy, and he's definitely NOT hotter. And can you imagine the file room scene without Harold looking for the stapler? Don't discount the value of a good clown. He makes everyone around look smarter, and don't we all like to look smarter?

Actually, during this episode, when Louis shut out Harvey from all the associates, he should have given him Harold. Harvey, Donna, and Harold working together would have been hilarious.
Yes. I can just envision Harvey and Donna's faces with poor pathetic but hilarious Harold running around.
I love Harold. He is adorable. The writers just need to make him less a joke.
Eww. No.
Agreed. No Harold.
I do not like clowns!
Did anyone else think there was something strange about the way some scenes were filmed, the whole funeral scenes seemed to go to great lengths to avoid having Mike and Rachel in the same shot (in one they were, but it was kinda like they weren't really)
Where was Harold? Crying in a corner while the parents fought? You say everyone got some quality screen time, but WHERE WAS HAROLD?

Yes, Tess is Jenny 2.0 and I'm just as tired of it. Worse, Harvey tells Mike about his cheating mom and what it did to him, and then Mike goes and taps Tess?

In return for the confidentiality agreement, a non-stoned Jessica would have required a signed confession from Daniel.

"I'm a Lannister." Oh no he din't! I can't decide if Louis is a little bit cool, or if Game of Thrones just became much less cool.

If there's anything that really disappoints me about this finale, it's that basically we're reset to the start of Season 2. Hardman was introduced in the opener, and he's gone. Mike and Rachel are where they were, Romeo-and-Julieting their way through life. Mike's secret from managing partner Jessica is now Mike's secret from senior partner Louis. I almost expect to see Bobby Ewing in the shower and find out the whole season has been a dream.

WHERE WAS HAROLD?
I kind of agree, with everything but the Harold part. I was kind of hoping Hardman would be in charge for awhile, not because I liked him, but because it would give them all something to fight against. They could have built tension by having Harvey constantly being stepped on, like Louis has been. Then they could have had Harman moving against Jessica to put her out of the firm. We could have seen Louis slowly evolving and realizing how he had been used by Hardman, having to come to Harvey for help when Hardman began edging him out.

It was a fairly good episode. I don't tend to like it when shows go for the booze and drugs thing. I just felt that there was an opportunity for the writers to really come up with something, and that they just bailed on it at the end.

Ahh well, at least it didn't have Harold in it. HA
smorbie, there is something fundamentally wrong with you if you don't like Harold. You probably kick puppies too.
Oh, no!!! I love puppies and all animals; I would never hurt one and it hurts my heart to even have that suggested to me.

Harold is simple a stereotype. His only purpose is to look foolish. I think Suits is too smart a show for that.
Harold adds nothing and doesn't fit the tone of the series. Spay or neuter your pet.
I have a spayed dog. I named him safibwana. :D Puppies don't add anything either, and they're a lot of bother, but those who don't like them are much more likely to have a thick dossier in the FBI's profiling department.
I love stoned Harvey. Ok am surprised that someone actually figured out Hardman's plan before Harvey and Mike. I was hoping the reign of hardman to last a little longer long enough to bring Tanner into the firm
LOL! I'm not. Half the fandom figured it out midway through the season.
Even more DONNA!
I loved her excuse that she could remember everything like Mike does. It's cause her brain is so busy being awesome!
Mike Ross's romantic life is the less interesting thing ever on Suits. The can opener (and now thumbtacks) are slated to be a recurring "secret joke." I think it's best we never know...it wouldn't be funny then! But I thought we were actually going to find out, until the elevator door closed on them as Harvey said, "Here's what we do with the can opener." Best scene of Suits ever with the boys getting stoned together. Can't wait till January.
The can opener never gets old. The elevator closing just as Harvey started to explain it was a classic.

I'm not even sure why Mike's love life is so uninteresting. It just is. I was disappointed when Tess showed up just because he and Rachel had FINALLY started to work and, as an added bonus, I had just started to be okay with that. I wasn't a huge Rachel fan for a while, but she's grown on me a lot in the past few episodes.
Nope, don't like Rachel, never will. When they started kissing, I was like, "oh, well, here we go again". Haven't we all had enough of the "will-they- ever-get-together" thing? They do it in so many shows now.
Poor Rachel (I loved her a lot in the last episode too). It's always like that :D When things start working out... something bad happens: Joss Whedon basically ruined my youth *jokes*. It seems that the writers's choice is to keep torturing the fans of the various ships out there. I like the tension more than the resolution but this is only my personal taste. Suits is still very young as a series and I think it's an ok choice right now. We just have to wait till next year to find out how/if they'll solve Tess and what happened out. I just hope that the triangle won't last forever and the character of Rachel will keep improve on her way. I'm not quite a shipper and maybe that's why I can't keep an open eye on this part of Suits (or any other shows by the way lol).
Did anyone notice what lewis said when Hardman told him to take care of Harvey. He said: "You made me senior partner, I always pay my debts." And after that he added "I'm a Lannister." That was so awesome.
Yea. I started laughing when he said that. GoT references are always welcome.

I will say this, though: it was strange hearing that line from Louis, because I usually expect the movie/tv references to come from Mike or Harvey... but that just added to its hilarity.
He probably only read the books, did Louis.
An admirable choice. The right choice, for many series.
Awesome episode! The ending was predictable, but I don't sense a love triangle in any way. Rachel just changed her mind at the WAY WRONG TIME and paid for it. Mike just went against the smart choice for now, just like him and Rachel discussed, and went for the crazy choice. Big deal!! Mike and Rachel hooking up would be cool, but he would have to reveal the big secret, which would be disastrous to say the least!!!

Finally Hardman is out on his ass I couldn't be happier. When he won that vote, I was truly afraid for Jessica, Donna, Harvey and Mike, but glad they worked it out in the end. By the way, Donna and Harvey didn't work their problems that easily. They talked and worked their butts off!! So cut them some slack. Also, they all worked hard to get rid of Hardman and it showed.

Litt is still a bastard in my eyes, even though he voted Hardman out at the end. I have no sympathy for him and hope he gets everything he's got coming to him, including a beatdown from Harvey.
Mike getting with Tess made zero, ZERO sense considering what happened between he and Rachel hours before. That was just bad writing.
ok yeah he wasn't looking for comfort and Rachel refused. I guess the the writers really don't want Mike and Rachel together until the end but has anyone realized Rachel passed the LSATS so isn't she supposed to leaving the firm! thats probably one of the things in the remaining season
Tess is a married woman......Need some comfort? Go work! That's the best comfort. Not some married woman.
I don't know where you work, but I think for a lot of us work is the opposite of comfort. Work is not "me time".
Oh and to your knowledge, I do get pleasure out of work because I love what I do. And I suppose Mike loves what he does as well.
When you are having fun with life, yes, work is the opposite of comfort. When you are devastated with life, believe me, work is the best way to divert your attention. My best friend was diagnosed Kidney cancer 6 months ago. For the weeks he was waiting for his surgery, working is the only time he can keep himself from thinking about where his life leads.
And I can't wait for it. Go away, Rachel, far, far away.
I just couldn't and still can't believe it.

Daniel Hardman got no integrity and shame at all...you cheated, you stole, you tried to get back to your old place by committing a fraud...god how bastard can he be
It was a good episode. It sets up Louis to,be the bad guy for the rest of the season and we still have mikes secret to contend with.

I would just like to see more Rachel, I don't care the context. Also, I want Donna and Rachel at the bar webisodes. Someone get on that. It was hilarious and we need more.

Hardmann knew that the memo was fake. Jessica said that they didn't have the evidence now but they would. But he still took the deal because he knew that they could. I imagine that eventually he will come back with something. But at this point they have so much on him that he would get disbarred fast. And he still cost the partners 100k.

Donna and Harvey are good. They Will always be good, they love each other and that comes with forgiving the other.

The storylines this season were fun. I enjoyed it.

Mike is becoming harvey. That signature thing was a Harvey move. And he pulled it off well. Y guess is that he moves into the apt and starts becoming a lawyer.

Well she did just cheat on her husband. But as safibwana stated below she had her reasons. My experience has been that people with solid relationships don't cheat. And we have know idea If she is going to be a new cast member or not.
I second the webisodes. WHY ARE THERE NO WEBISODES?

You know, I really wasn't much of a Rachel fan in the beginning of the season. I thought she was dreadfully boring in the first season and a lot of that carried over to the beginning of the second, but the writers have really worked to make her her own person and she's pretty awesome at the moment. I'm definitely okay with more Rachel in any context (except mopey heartbroken Rachel) but especially as Donna's happy hour BFF.

Have you looked up the Suits Recruits minigame on USANetwork's website? It has a lot of the benefits of webisodes. Or you can search for Suits Recruits in YouTube. They're little 2-minute clips that are freakin' hilarious!
Webisodes to me seem like a cheap cop-out. I don't watch of any webisodes of shows I like because I'd rather have more episodes!
They are cheap. Fewer actors (usually not the expensive ones), fewer sets, less film, etc. If they took a whole seasons worth of webisodes and made an episode with that budget, one of your episodes would be set in a single room with two minor characters. I don't think you'd be happy with that. So, you can't have more episodes, why not take the webisodes you can have?
The math just doesn't work out, they couldn't do one complete episode, or even close. One added scene per episode maybe, except it would take up commercial time, meaning they'd have to cut a scene, so that's not an option either.
I prefer quality over quantity. I'd rather have one more episode or a book/movie to a thirty second episode that does not really help anyways. If they want to do webisodes I prefer if the increase the run of an individual episode ( like those supersized friends back in the day).
An idea regarding Mike, Rachel and his secret.. why doesn't he just tell her that "when you've become a lawyer, I'll hire you as MY lawyer and then tell you everything"? That's the way I'd do it at least..
Stoned Harvey and Mike FTW :D

That was the best part of the episode. Also, why does Mike get to know about the Can-opener and we don't? Both my Grandmothers are dead too, you know!
I just want him and Rachel to get together. This dancing around the bush is stupid. There are plenty of things they could think of to keep the storyline spicey if they dated. Seriously, if they don't get together soon. I'm gonna get supremely pissed. And yeah, definitely more law-school, witty comebacks rachel please
yeah he's smoking weed to cope with the death of his grandma, thats the right thing to do -.-
I don't think there is a love triangle. Sometimes, you feel a little down and you hook up with a convenient person. Exes are convenient. Tess is gone within ten minutes of the next episode.

That said, I wanna see Mike sack up and date Rachel without telling her his secret, coz that whole conflict is contrived, and it gets us past love-sick Rachel, who seriously sucks compared to last episode's Rachel.
I don't know man, Elizabeth Hower is committed to a "multi episode arc" as "Mike's new love interest" on a lot of news sites I've come across lately. However, if "multi" only means "two" in this case, that would be fine with me.

I never entirely understood why it was so essential to tell or not to tell Rachel. Sure, there's the honesty thing, and if that's the big concern, I'd say go for it. She already knows he took tests for money, and she got over it, this is just one step further. Mike's big secret is such a non-issue until it's suddenly OMG AN ISSUE. I'd almost rather Mike just get his degree for real (though I'm not sure how they could swing that and keep him a visible part of the show) and just be done with it. This half of the season proved that Suits can have really awesome storylines that don't hinge on Mike's fraud.
Talk about honest and integrity and then sleep with a married woman, way to go.
The integrity debate is going on below. Honesty doesn't apply at all. Mike hasn't lied to anyone about anything or misrepresented himself to anyone in connection with his sex with Tessa. Maybe Tessa has. We don't know.

Mike WAS dishonest about the documents he signed, and about many other things throughout the series. Apparently lying only counts when your penis is involved.
Honesty was your word. I was just pointing out how irrelevant it was.
Lying is not the key point that determines whether or not you lose integrity. Potential of harming other people is.
Load More Comments