Suits Star Gina Torres Joins The Catch

Gina Torres didn't stay unemployed for very long.

The Suits star, who exited the series in Wednesday's (September 14) episode, is heading to Season 2 of The Catch in a recurring role, Variety reports.

Torres, whose character is being kept under wraps, joins Grey's Anatomy alum T.R. Knight as new additions to The Catch, which returns midseason.

Gina Torres is leaving Suits

The actress asked to leave Suits, which shoots in Toronto, to spend more time at home in Los Angeles, which is where The Catch films. The exit arc for Torres' character, Jessica Pearson, had been in the works for a while. In March, Torres joined the ABC pilot The Death of Eva Sofia Valdez, but the project didn't go to series.

Both Torres and Suits creator Aaron Korsh teased that Torres might return for guest appearances, and her recurring gig on The Catch definitely leaves the possibility for that.

"I can't thank USA enough for being so understanding and supporting me in my choice and so I am incredibly grateful," Torres said in a statement Wednesday. "Having said that, I don't believe for one second it's the last we'll see of Jessica Pearson. Not. For. One. Second. And don't you either."

This article originally appears on TV Guide.com.

May 07, 2019
Oh, I really like this show. And just like in this series, I really like to bet on sports. I do it all the time. If you are a betting lover like me, I can advise you a fairly reliable bookmaker. Here is a link to their website http://promocode.mobi.ke. Try it, there are quick payments and there is an opportunity to win really a lot of money
Feb 02, 2017
I actually like the Catch and I think Gina Torres will make this show much better.

And it is sad to see her leave Suits, but I'm sure she will have some cameos at some point. I still think Suits is pretty damn cool, although the tangent is getting a bit off with the way they are handling Mike in the show. Mike's pretty much full of himself in very weird ways.

Anyways, the Catch gains a lot with Gina on-board. Season 2 will be very interesting! :)
Sep 16, 2016
It blew my mind watching her exit on Suits. I was like this must be the last season or something because no way is this show the same without Jessica! Now, with Lewis's TERRIBLE arc right now, Harvey is my only reason for watching! I watch The Catch so I'm glad I still get to see Gina Torres!
Sep 16, 2016
I'm not being funny but why do actors do this? leave shows to join other shows

Firstly, suits doesn't look like it will be cancelled anytime soon so that is a very steady job

You then join a show that was on the bubble earlier in the year and was very surprisingly renewed, and has more of a chance of being cancelled next year

I know actors like to change it up so they don't get stuck playing the same character for years but to join something that most likely won't survive next May - I just find it odd

But who am i to judge - i like The Catch and don't watch Suits -
Sep 16, 2016
We Got through the first season of the catch but it was a struggle I cannot deny I just dont see it lasting 3 or 4 series I would e suprised if it makes it to the end of Season 2 , I really think she made a bad choice here and should have stayed with Suits

Sep 16, 2016
Both shows will be canceled soon. Gina got smart and bailed. Suits went AWOL and turned into a lousy soap opera. The Catch is just the same old, same old.
Sep 15, 2016
IMO the catch is horrible. I've never seen such rich private investigators and then they tried to add a twist that 1 character is committing crimes in order to pay her mom back. I continued to watch the show because I wanted to support mirielle enos and I'll probably watch now that I know Gina Torres will be on there. I see stories that lots of shows and movies are filmed in Canada to save money so actors might as well get used to filming there
Sep 15, 2016
The Catch? Ugghh!

Is anyone watching this show? Any good? I couldn't get through the pilot without getting a bad reaction from all the character super smugness on screen, does it tone down later?
Sep 15, 2016
I can't believe this got renewed. I thought it was awful and the premise absurd. Shonda is good with the doctors, but she hasn't impressed me on anything else so far...
Sep 16, 2016
HTGAWM is fucking awesome - again you're an idiot