Survey says FCC is dead wrong

On March 15, the FCC reached decisions in hundreds of thousands of backlogged indecency complaints it had received since 2004. The commission slapped almost $4 million dollars in fines on various networks, with CBS getting the lion's share at $3.6 million. A new poll says the despite the brouhaha, most Americans don't want the Feds to control their TV.

The media group Television Watch, a coalition of individuals and organizations that oppose government control of TV and promote tools such as parental education instead, conducted the nationwide survey with Reed Research between March 24 to 26. The poll asked TV viewers who they want in control of what's on TV--individuals or the FCC.

Despite a huge spike in indecency complaints--NBC show Las Vegas received 140,000 in January 2006 alone--it turns out most people want themselves, not Uncle Sam, deciding what they watch. The survey shows that a huge majority of respondents, 87 percent, think that TV ratings and parental controls are the best way to regulate TV viewing, and 82 percent believe that individuals should be exercising control over what they watch. A mere 12 percent think that government regulation is a good thing. TV Watch then notes that according to a 2002 poll, more people believe in alien abductions than think the government should control TV.

"When more people believe in more alien abductions than think the government should control what adults watch on TV, it puts efforts to have government-control television programming in perspective," said Jim Dyke, Executive Director of TV Watch, in a statement.

The report was done in response to the heavy fines that were imposed by the FCC against several networks.

CBS was slapped with $3.6 million in fines--$550,000 came from the infamous Super Bowl mishap involving Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction--and the rest were from an episode of crime drama Without a Trace, which featured a scene of a teen orgy. VH1 got nailed for a Surreal Life nude pool party scene, even though the naughty bits were digitally blurred (to be fair, the scene involved Andy Dick and Ron Jeremy), and NBC got dinged for a rape scene in a movie on its Spanish-language network.

The other networks were also chastised for various indecent infractions, but the FCC only levied fines against what it decided was the most severe. When the fines were imposed, some worried about a "chilling effect" on broadcast TV--the political climate would discourage freedom of speech and networks would censor themselves for fear of being fined. This fear seemed to become reality when The WB caved on airing the original "steamy" pilot of its new show The Bedford Diaries (the uncut version ended up on the Web).

This report reinforces the notion that the indecency outrage is being made by a small, vocal minority. The campaign against Las Vegas was the work of one group--The American Family Association, the group that was also responsible for campaigns against the TV show The Book of Daniel and that enacted a one-year boycott of the Ford Motor Company because they advertised in gay-friendly publications.

"For too long, activists have gone unchallenged as they pressure the government to control broadcast television content, even though their idea of control has very little public support," Mr. Dyke added.

At the very least, this new report should keep the debate open--that is, if the complainers aren't too busy on the phone calling the FCC.

Jul 18, 2006
It is amazing to me that The American Family Assoc. has garnered as much attention and television power as they have. Hopefully the results of this poll will get in the hands of the right people. I'm tired of all the prudery adults are having to swallow as the results of a handful of NeoPuritans.
Jun 20, 2006
OMFG! :faints: A smart conservative! They do exist! I
May 16, 2006
Both sides of this discussion have a valid point. It is definitely up to a parent to decide what is right for their child and up to the person to decide what is right for them, my standards are not the same as others standards and I wouldn't claim to make you live the way I choose to; which relegates censorship to the back seat.

On the other hand the changing the channel argument is flawed, my changing the channel does affect me but not that show. In case people don't know the Nielsen rating system is done through statistics which means that only a sample pool is used to determine the whole. The Nielsen rating system uses 5,000 people and their viewing habits to set total number of viewership that a show receives. The following website gives a rundown of how it all works and does a better job explaining than I ever could:

I do believe that parents are in the end responsible to teach their children what is right and wrong and that they are supposed to protect them from objectionable material but like others have said I have no control over what others feel is right. The FCC does have a place but it does need to be limited, I don’t like the government telling me what is right and wrong but there are times when they do have a right. Public versus cable TV is a great example; the FCC does have the right to regulate the public airwaves but it is up to the cable company and the parent to regulate cable. There is definitely a happy medium that needs to be reached to protect everyone while still allowing us as a public to choose to live our lives the way we want.
May 15, 2006
comervative ... typo conservative. But now that I think about it I am wondering if comervative isn't as good since neither mean much of anything any longer. I think I should be conservative in supporting laws that take away rights in the name of one thing or another ... usually children or now terrorists. Personally both have worn a bit thin with me. I could get off on waving the Jesus flag in support of a political agenda but then I never read in the Bible if he was conservative or liberal. I imagine the Jews thought he was a radical freak liberal when he did things like work on the Sabath or live in a commy communal style with 12 men and a few women yet now, 2,000 years later conservatives stomp on freedoms in His name. And to think ... I spent most of my adult life a conservative republican who some said was just a bit to the right of Genghis Kahn till I chose to be a true conservative with the concept the government had 3 jobs, protect our shores, deliver my mail and stay the heck out of my life ... which means stop taking care of me and telling me what is good for me. But then maybe I am getting to old to shut off the TV shows I don't like and need the government to do it for me. That button is a bit hard to push. Ah ... but the kids. We have to do it for the kids don't we ... I guess we are not capable of saying NO ... you can't watch that or say ... go to bed. Kids ??? Am I the only adult who is a bit sick of having my life experience confined within the standards of what a 5 year old can see?
May 15, 2006
Am I missing something? I thought this meant that we should value our rights to speach and thought and action, not let others censor and force conformity to restrictions placed on what we can say and see as free adults in a free nation. But that concept is becoming an illusion as comervative means what liberal used to and visa versa. Massinsanity ... you are why I no longer am a part of mass insanity. Isn't there another quote something like ... take the stick out of your own eye before you try to remove the dust from anothers?
May 08, 2006
it always astonished me how you are allowed to show
quite graphic violence on tv but no nudity. here in europe, it's the other way around. i'd rather have my kids see boobs than a guy getting his head blown off
Apr 05, 2006
Uh ... MassInsanity, not to burst your bubble, but look at the facts:

1) US liberals look a lot more like the ruling parties of the industrialized world than US conservatives. Any country with socialized medicine (Canada, all of Europe, Japan ...) can't be all that conservative.

2) Americans didn't truly hate Communism, we hated the USSR. China was and is our "Most Favored Nation," after all. However, we have a nasty tendency to label anyone we don't like as a Communist and go after them. Hugo Chavez looks a lot less "communist" than Pinochet, but note which one America has supported. Foreigners are well aware of the hypocrisy. American's (obviously) aren't.

3) Abroad, America is known as a nation full of impulsive, self-centered, ignorant barbarians. Valid or not, that's the world's opinion.

And on that note, let me ask this question bluntly, MassInsanity: who's better, Iran's conservatism or France's liberalism? Personally, I'll take regular rioting and national depression over regular beheading and religious repression any day of the week.

Obviously, it's best to strike a happy medium between the two, so I would hope that you would either quit hating liberals or start hating conservatives. ;)
Apr 05, 2006
duffster84 the last thing we need is you screwing up a debate that was going fine. American conservatives are not the only people that hate Liberals, that feeling is felt by a lot other non-liberals in every other nation! Did you ever try to see if the people who hate liberals may very well have a good reason to?

America hated communism because it was a oppressive policy that killed over 100 million people and the USA wasn't the only nation against it as the UK and countless others were with us. You obviously have NO clue about communism.

I don't care what country you are from, you are a moron in any country and in all languages!
Apr 05, 2006
You people need to stop whining about 'liberals'. It sounds so weird, like communism all over again. Every other country in the world makes fun of the fact that America hated communism so much, because it involved sharing. Now people are going to make fun of you for hating liberals for "favouring individual liberty, free trade, and moderate reform" (from the dictionary). So you weirdos who have an unnatural hatred for liberals go and eat your 'freedom' fries and have. (I'll never forgive the person who made up that phrase, giving the French a good reason to use the phrase "Stupid American")
Apr 04, 2006
I think MassInsanity is right. I respect his rights to support the FCC. Besides children aren't suppose to watch TV after 10PM. The FCC can do their job before 11PM. After that, all the curses and nudity can be unleashed.
Apr 04, 2006
NP PutU2REM. Also thanks for posting the entire quote, I never see anybody do that, I have never seen the full quote before.
Apr 04, 2006
Thanks, MassInsanity, it appears that you're right. It was indeed Benjamin Franklin that said it, and (if anyone cares) the actual quote is, "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Apr 04, 2006
"so does this mean that it's the bullet that's guilty of murder not the person holding the gun?"

No, tsa3333, but just because it's not the bullet's fault doesn't mean the bullet isn't dangerous.

In case my views still aren't clear, here's an operating example: I think that the Danish newspaper had a right to publish those Mohammed cartoons, that Muslims have a right to keep them off billboards and placards, and that the Muslims have ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT to stop those cartoons from being published.

Similarly, I have no right to send death threats to Kanye West for what I feel was a blasphemous assumption of the image of Messiah on the cover of the Rolling Stone. Just don't count on seeing one of his records in my collection.
Apr 04, 2006
PutU2REM I think it was Franklin who said that.
Apr 04, 2006
As a child raised in a very restrictive household (I thought "butt" was a bad word until I was in sixth grade) I have a difficult time sympathizing with parents who say they can't watch their kids 24/7. Of course you can't, but if the hour a day your child spends watching naughty TV at their friend's house is more important to their character than the twenty-three they spend at home, something's wrong, and it's not what's on TV.

And might I also add, anything can be made more attractive by labeling it as forbidden. Often, the more you whine the worse it gets. Eminem would still be a loser living with his mom if it weren't for all the protesters.

Censorship is a poor way to institute change. It endangers freedom of speech, frequently backfires, and always creates resentment. I think it was Jefferson who said that he who is willing to sacrifice freedom for security deserves neither.
Apr 03, 2006
oh and btw JJhotlady... Did you say your kid tried to tongue you?

A soap opera wouldn't cause a kid to tongue their parent, that's just sick...
Apr 03, 2006
People who think the FCC gets lots of comlaints have their heads up their ass! the FCC gets very few complaints in regards to the number of viewers a specific program actually gets.

The episode of Family Guy was correct when it said 1 complaint = 1 million viewers!

I am very against unessecary violence, swearing and sex on tv and wish there were more programs I could watch with my family but hey this is life. I don't mind gritty or dark tv but if I don't like it I have the ultimate power I switch off. If people would do that, rather than causing a fuss then programs that people didn't like would simply vanish rather than getting hype and more viewers... It's simple, there's an off switch for a reason.
Apr 03, 2006
"I'm sorry, I believe the people who complained don't even watch the show, they simply complain because they don't want anyone else to be able to watch it."

Exactly...these family groups or whatever groups can band together and complain about shows with themselves, but they need to realize that they are the only people who give a damn. They can whine to themselves but they don't need to go to the FCC and ruin it for everyone else.

"its about damn time i'm tired of the delay's on awards shows if your gonna censor something sensor life i thank Family guy for bringing the FCC to its knees."

YES! The Family Guy episode where they make fun of the FCC was hilarious!
Apr 03, 2006
"I find it interesting that while several of you are claiming that older shows "good ol' shows" are clean and fun, we have to remember that many of them were just as controversial when they came out. Also they are not all good clean fun, many of them have harsh racist undertones and have you seen the honeymooners? domestic violence becomes something to joke and laugh at rather than cringe. i agree that certain aspects must be regulated because yes it is hard to control what your children watch (especially if they go to friends houses where you really do not have any control) but I have found talking to them or watching television together works quite well, and that they have become responsible with their own media intake. I believe education rather than censorship is the answer. We live in America where people have a diversity of opinions and culture, what is okay for some is bound to offend others. I agree the FCC have a regulatory ability for the basic cable, but at the same time they should not preform as a censorship board. I have read the comments and seen many people get angry over nothing, and attack each other for no reason. We need to have a rational calm debate about topics such as this rather than a childish flame war."

Thank you Kagemusha222. I was starting to wonder if anyone was going to take the time out of this flame war to mention the actual content of shows from the good ol' days. The general treatment of women and ethnic minorities on those shows was horrid.
About this FCC thing, the last time I checked, America was a democratic country, yes? Why should anyone take away from the democratic process by controlling media and freedom of speech that help make your country what it is. I grew up without the FCC and my parents taught me how to make proper choices. They believed that hiding things from you would only make you that much more curious and more apt to dive into something dangerous due to lack of knowledge.
This is starting to be a weird flash-back to the 50's. Next thing you know someone is going to start yelling "communist", or as of late, "terrorist" and "liberal".
Now before I get blasted, I am a proud supporter of the Canadian Liberal Party. Don't blast me if you don't know what it means and don't say that I am an ignorant Canadian because that's far from the truth.
Apr 03, 2006
My apologies to MI, my valid argument was lost as my nephew took over the computer. What was left was an attack. But enough excuses..

"When more people believe in more alien abductions than think the government should control what adults watch on TV, it puts efforts to have government-control television programming in perspective." That pretty much sums it up for me. I'm not saying people who think the FCC is great are as crazy as those people who believe in aliens, but these people are MINORITIES. They are just as important as anyone else, but if 140 000 of the 40 000 000 or so people who watched Las Vegas in January think it's bad, that's still less than one percent. Less than one percent of the population thinks Las Vegas the show is too vulgar, bad for their children, or whatever. Majority rules. It is impossible to grant everyone's wish for everything.

So, people who complain to the FCC over rape scenes, orgies and wardrobe malfunctions, I get what you are saying. But f you see two dogs having sex while you are on walk with your kid, who will you complain to then? That’s when you should be a parent and stop looking to others to do your work. Take the extra step and get a parental lock. It's not a lot of work now is it?

Al-Gore, I read the same thing. That guy either had a lot of time on his hands, or didn't have any hands to change the channel with.
Apr 03, 2006
Last time I checked TV shows are rated and most if not all TV's and cable boxes have V-chips these days. Most shows that have the questionable content are rated TV-14 or TV-MA. You could just block the shows with those ratings. Also many cable boxes have an option to block certain channels, so you could just block the ones prone to the type of content you don't approve of.
Apr 03, 2006
Jeese, your all so hotheaded and argumentative. Tv should be mainly uncensored like over here in the UK. Tv becomes uncensored after 9 pretty much over here. The thing is people don't complain, they just change the channel to one of the many non-"offensive" alternatives rather than complain to an organisation who in turn fines the innocent network for showing a program that people obviously want to see.
America should really just relax their cesorship views.
If your gonna complain about something which is easily avoidable your just being an unnessacery bitch really
Apr 03, 2006
Read my first Comment you moron.

I agree with you Tenshin. "People who complained don't even watch the show, they simply complain because they don't want anyone else to be able to watch it."

I remember reading somewhere some guy started this law suit over NBC's Fear Factor because one of the stunts made him throw up. If it makes you sick just turn the channel. There's no need to get the FCC.
Apr 03, 2006
"...do the world a favor and grow up. The fact is you didn't make a valid point, you just attacked me. Now grow up. The fact you would rather attack me than say anything worthwile says alot about you..."

"A" and "lot" are two different words, even when used in that sense. Just FYI.

Beyond that, despite the hypocrisy of that post, the fact that it does not practice what it preaches, I agree. Let's stop arguing and discuss this like rational adults.
Wow, that's bias.

Oh! YOU weren't polled, so that means NO conservatives were. ::rolls eyes::

"YOU ARE A COMPLETE AND TOTAL RETARD! Grow up..." Wonderfully hypocritical.

And actually, your impersonation of Jasper sucks; his/her grammar and spelling is much better than that, and you'd notice that if you weren't too busy being defensive.

Personally, I'm indifferent on the issue. There are some things that really should not be censored; but then again, The FCC does have some relevance. There is SOME stuff that SHOULD be censored. Thus I'm on neither side of this argument.

I don't, however, like when people resort to insults because they can't defend their point without them. Doesn't that strike you as childish?

In your own words, "grow up." There's a much better way to discuss this. I know that, even by typing this message, I'm engaging in such horrid behavior as described above, but I just want to point this out: it needs to stop. Can it stop with me?

How about we, say, cite specific examples of why The FCC "sux" or doesn't? I'll leave that to you professionals, since I'm so "on the fence."
Apr 03, 2006
I take the point about there being nothing to turn to, but at the same time, like psychopathic55 said a lot of people need to do so in order for it to make a difference, but that is actually right, and fair.

It SHOULD take a lot of people to speak up against it, and turn the channel/turn the TV off, otherwise it is a very small minority of people who happen to complain to the FCC that are dictating what sort of television is being aired.

All this survey has done is vocalise those people who do not complain to the FCC, and offer them a voice with the petition that they have online.

Also I very much doubt that there would ever reach a stage where there are no alternatives for people who do not want to watch 'controversial' television, as there will still be a market for such shows, in just the same way there will also be a market for the more 'challenging' shows.

Essentially it all boils down to how representative the FCC are of your moral values, if their rules are appropriate for you, then you have no issue with them, but if you are more liberal (not necessarily in a political sense, but in the dictionary definition) then you feel constrained by what they allow.

So, because it's such a subjective scale then it should be the responsibility of the individual to decide, 'A' likes it, 'A' carries on watching 'B' doesn't like it, 'B' turns over/off; rather than 'B' watching the entire show, hating it, and complaining to the FCC.
Apr 03, 2006
I do not support blaming the media for everything; it has and will always piss me off when people blame the media. This has been a hardcore fact in regards to violence and violent actions, people tend not to look into the real problem and just blame video games and other things. However, the media IS partially to blame as they do encourage it; there is enough blame to go around.

I am all far people taking Responsibility for their actions, but who is going to hold the media responsible for theirs? Like it or not the media plays a HUGE role in a child’s life, from music to movies to video games. Parents have the right to hold the media accountable as the media IS accountable to the people and only the people!

Tsa3333 the answer is simple, both. It would the persons fault for jumping and the other persons fault for encouraging that person to jump. Hold everybody accountable for what they do.

dorugu the people decide that and FYI, TV and movies do glorify this stuff which does encourage people to do things that they shouldn't.

Al-Gore, SHUT UP! You are acting like a child. Do you have anything to add to this or do you just want to attack me? Look at your posts, NOT ONE added anything to this. So add something worth reading or go away!
damn censorship....
Apr 03, 2006
That's kind of weird, though. I, myself, am not an american, if that even matters, but I had no problems whatsoever with any of the Las Vegas episodes and I'm pretty sure I've watched them all. What is so bad that it warrants 140000 complaints? I'm sorry, I believe the people who complained don't even watch the show, they simply complain because they don't want anyone else to be able to watch it. Do you guys enjoy the show?

As for the FCC, I agree some shows should be forced to air very, very late on public tv or "FCC approved channels" and be given the appropriate age rating.

However, I believe cable TV should be off-limits to the FCC. Sure, the rating is still in effect so go ahead and give it a Mature rating, but if they want to show it sunday afternoon, it's their decision. They're private companies, right? It's a business. You might not like their shows, but there's tons of people who do.

Americans, remember your constitution! Free speech! Say no to censorship!
Apr 03, 2006
The only juvenile is you. At least I know how to spell. Plus i'm not the one who said somebody lives with their mommy. Please grow up MassInsanity, you have the maturity level of a three year old.

That's hypocritical. You have not said anything worthwhile either.(worthwile, please give me your address so I can send you a Dictionary. Your making yourself look dumber than your really are.)

You have attack almost every person here who you disagreed with. Do you have anything to say about the FCC poll other than it's only taken by inbred liberals? BTW, the only person who fits your definition of a whiny liberal is you (I'm not the one who tells people to f*ck off like an immature kid).

Oh wow, puerile. What a fancy 5th grade word your trying to make me look up. Please, if you think using puerile made you look smart then you should just leave now before you make yourself look more dumber.
Apr 03, 2006
my question is this who should decide whats wrong or right to show and how far should they be able to go and once we gotten censorship there what next? why stop there? why not let your goverment decide whats wrong or right for you?
think about how easy evrything would b 4 yu no more worrying about anything just to follow the stream.:)
were all different thank god for that or do you want all to be exactly the same?
this sounds more like the moral panic there was when rock was young.
ps.tv or movies n so on dont make the crime happen the criminals do it was theyr choice to do it no one from the tv forced them to do it.
Apr 03, 2006
And I'M not trying to SILENCE anyone.

What about all the people that didn't complain because they didn't have anything to complain about. The FCC isn't "listening" to them, are they. 140,000 people complain and 14 million don't, wheres the majority? But all the FCC takes into account is those that complained.
Do you see ANYTHING wrong here?
or is your complaints all that matter.
The only fair way to regulate, if you must, would be to take the total number of veiwers and compare that to the number of complainers, and go with the majority. But the FCC won't/can't do that, they're just counting how many compaints.
Apr 03, 2006
I guess subtilty dosen't work here:

My point is that people need to take RESPOSIBILITY for their own actions and blaming the media is a poor excuse.
If someone told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it? If all your friends were jumping off that bridge would you do it? Because someone convinced you to kill somene else and you did it, whose RESPONSIBILE you or the person who convinced you to do it?
And Parents/Family have the RESPONSIBILTY to teach their young right from wrong, NOT TEACHERS, NOT TELEVISION, mAGAZINES, OR GAMES.

Apr 03, 2006
Al-Gore is what I am talking about, rather than say anything worthwile he chose to attack me...AGAIN! Do you have anything to say other than attacking me Al?

Tsa3333, what makes my freedoms any less important than yours? Why is it YOUR freedoms are the only ones that matter? Did you ever think the FCC is acting on countless complaints from the PEOPLE? Or did you chose to ignore that? Did you even listen to anything the others had to say or did you just ignore it? Don't turn this into another "They are taking my freedoms" things, because you are just using that as reason to silence the people who disagree with you.

BTW Tsa3333 try looking up the word Inconversant. Seems to fit you and this subject well.

Al-Gore you like Dictionary's right? I got a word for you to! It's puerile.
Apr 03, 2006
No I don't have children. I made a Free Choice not to take on that Responsibility in this day and age.
Do you understand the word responsiblity:

responsibility
n 1: the social force that binds you to your obligations and the courses of action demanded by that force; "we must instill a sense of duty in our children"; "every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty"- John D.Rockefeller Jr
The word is spelled embarrassed MassInsanity, and you say I look bad. :roll:

I did not put words in your mouth. You said "Liberals have made disagreing with them a felony, and all who disagree can go to hell and shut it!"

1.) I have never heard of the word "disagreing" before. Maybe you should buy a Dictionary and learn to spell.

2.) You have made disagreeing with you a felony. You don't see me, nmantzios, or any other Liberal here telling somebody to f*ck off just because they don't agree with me (Don't say i'm a liar about that, you might want to check the 8th Comment left by you here, if you do.)

Plus i'm not the nut who said, "They just poll Liberals and only Liberals". Please MassInsanity, you have only embarrassed or should I say "embarassed" yourself by attacking me.

Apr 03, 2006
MassInsanity, I have a question for you, What makes your Freedoms more important than someone elses?
The FCC by controlling what is put on tv is taking away my and others freedom to make choices for ourselves.
Apr 03, 2006
You don't have any kids do you tsa3333? If you did you would understand how hard it is to counter bad media. Even when you raise them right they still do stupid things. Media plays are larger part in their lives than I think you realize. It is all around them and is at time impossible to counter, why do you think so many use the FCC? Think about that.
Uhhh, What names?

Here we go back to that Freedom of Choice thing again, and taking RESPONSIBILITY for our OWN ACTIONS.
In other words don't blame tv for the violence or promiscuity out there, that might work when your five, but those actions are most often commited by people old enough to know right from wrong. A five year old can still be taught acceptible behaviour by the adults around them.
Apr 03, 2006
Why do you guys waste your time debating these idiots? Most of them would rather attack Masinsanity than say anything worth reading. While he can be a bit hotheaded atleast he tries to state his views! Most of you use him as an excuse to flame somebody and not say anything even remotly intelligent.

Now I am gonna do something shocking! I am gonna...HOLY CRAP....agree with satan spawn massinsanity and support the FCC. They are the only outlet we have, if we turn the channel the networks wouldn't care, as it would take millions of people to make them notice. 100,000 complaints, turn that into them channel the channel...not even a drop in the bucket! Face it, if we don't start being vocal now the filth will spread and soon we won't have any options left!

OH NO! I just disagreed with them! *Runs into bombshelter with Ame*
Apr 03, 2006
All I see is MTAhew attacking someone. Ever thought not everybody agrees with you? Don't go around attacking people about something and then do the samething you claimed they did!

tsa3333 your comment comparing a womans breast to a bullet was like the others said, STUPID! When has a bullet used its body to control someone?

As for the whole just turn the channel thing and attack massInsanity fad. 1. If the people don't speak up they will have nothing to turn to. 2. To the people attacking mass, grow up. Attacking him rather than making any valid points shows how childish you are!

I just disagreed with them! *Runs into bombshelter*
Apr 03, 2006
MTAhew where did you make a valid argument? All I saw is you attacking MassInsanity. Is it a crime to support the FCC? Try respecting his rights instead of attacking him and then demanding he respect yours!

tsa3333 your comment comparing a bullet and a womans breast was ignorant and the fact is parents can't watch their kids 24/7 and that thing in your fists cand *GASP* be used by kids to! If we just ignore them and turn, what are we going to turn to? NOTHING! Because 95% of all channels are owned by 3 or 4 companies that own the networks and in my case all are owned by them! If we just ignore them their ratings will still be high, so the filth will grow and soon some of us will have nothing to watch. This is an attempt to stop that.

HOLY NUTSACK! I just disagreed with these 2, better get a flameproof vest and a lawyer!
Apr 03, 2006
MTAhew do the world a favor and grow up. The fact is you didn't make a valid point, you just attacked me. Now grow up. The fact you would rather attack me than say anything worthwile says alot about you.

tsa3333 a bullet can't talk or move, a woman can. Comparing the 2 is just plain idiotic. Why don't YOU respect MY right to support the FCC instead of calling me names for doing it!
Apr 03, 2006
By the way I believe the FCC should take it down a notch. *gasp* Oh no! My opinion is different than a certain person's on this site! I better lock my door before a bombardment of idiotic and repetitive comments are made about me!
Apr 03, 2006
So MassInsanity, let me get this straight. Jasper44 is a childish, retarded liberal asshole loser who shouldn't voice his opinion. You also say he should read the Boll o' Rights because it says he can speak freely and voice his opinion? That makes a hell of a lot of sense to me, what about the rest of you people?

Now MassInsanity before you go and call me a childish, retarded liberal asshole loser, go and take a look at all of the posts you have made so far this story. I' m not making it up. You sound like a colplete idiot. Don't go telling me I've made an ass of myself or that I've embarassed myself either. I'm making a valid arguement. Just because it happens to be against your also valid but stupidy executed arguement doesn't make it wrong.
Apr 03, 2006
I'd rather choose what I watch than have someone choose it for me. This starts are they going to control what I eat, read, when I sleep, go to the bathroom? This is a free country, but how long will that last if someone else starts telling you what to do, where to go, what to watch.

MassInsanity,"Grow up and respect everybodies right to complain and be vocal!" - How about growing up and respecting others rights to make their own choices, and take responsibility for their own choices.
There is this thing that comes with most tv's these days, it fits in your hand, has all sorts of buttons on it, most people call it a remote control, learn how to use it!

"women have caused men to kill, the breast can cause violence." - so does this mean that it's the bullet that's guilty of murder not the person holding the gun?
Apr 03, 2006
Al Gore just stop, You have embarassed yourself enough attacking me. You putting words in my mouth makes you look bad, so knock it off.

darkmind-tvtome it is clear your kind don't pay attention, but it's more than conservatives complaining, people from all walks of life are complaining...yes even Liberals. So just stop that its teh ebil neo-cons line, its old.

PutU2REM I am not christian and don't follow the bible, so don't use it. I couldn't care less what Jesus would do or what the bible says I should do. As with the neo-con line the whole christian line is old to. But I do get what you are saying about nudity, you can't keep your kids from it when its plastered all ove the place and women have caused men to kill, the breast can cause violence.
THERE'S AN OFF SWITCH!

Why is it that conservatives can't grasp this fact! If you don't like a program, turn it off, or over, anything, but please don't enforce your view on everyone else. Its not that much to ask, hey, it's actually easier than kicking off, all you have to do is... nothing!

Hey, how about you start raising your kids rather than relying on TV to do it for you!
Load More Comments