Survivor: Five Alive!

What's that low shuffle coming down from the mountains, bumbling out of the jungle? What's that matted tuft of steel wool fluff bobbing down the trail there, galoopmfing and galumpfing and trundling? Why, it's a shambling shambles, a pile of mulleted brambles. It's Shambo! Yes m'am, hoo-ra and semper fiddles, the shambling shambles that is Shambo has finally been pushed out to sea in her little bathtub, left to float whimsically off into the sunset, singing one of her cooing chicken songs. Are you surprised? Sad? Happy? Left, well, a shambles? I'm kind of all of that.

Because as occasionally irksome and vaguely embarrassing as Shambo was, she was, in fact, the key player in this whole damn game. Forget Russell. If Shambo hadn't been that crucial swing vote right from the merge on, the great Foa Foa supremacy never would have happened. Russell would have just been chum for the purple Galu sharks. So, really, Shambo is the person who most affected this game, and she should be proud of that. Final six! Way to go, weirdo. To that end, it is a little sad to see her off.

But it's also good, because it means that Foa Foa remains united going into Sunday's season finale. And that's how it should be, the final four taking it as far as they can take it. Though, there's still that pesky Brett character to deal with. Brett whose dumpling-cheeked good looks have faded and thinned into a kind of strange, scrawny mania. Brett who all of a sudden started spouting bible verse and acting totally Jesusy with Natalie. Brett who broke my fattened TV heart with all of his nice-boy corniness last night. Let's get rid of him. He's such driftwood. He really doesn't deserve to go any farther, because he hasn't really played any game until the past coupla island days. Now he's winning immunity when it matters, but beforehand he was just that silent chestnutty beauty in the background, not saying or doing anything. And I don't like the silent sneak strategy of Survivor victory. I like the folks, like the Foa Foa Four-a, who get into the muck and stick their necks out and really till the earth of the game. Brett's just a little godly Gumby, all pliable and guileless. I hope he doesn't win the next immunity challenge.

If he does? I think it's Dr. McSexpants who will be sent onto the jury. What, exactly, is going on with Mick's pants? He's always blurred out! Pull your shorts up, dude. I know you lost weight, but this is a family show. I think it'll be him because, well, who else would it be? I think Russell is genuine in his loyalty to Natalie, and maybe also to Jaison. The real problem, though, is that I'm not sure who he'd beat in the final two. Would the jury vote for Russell over Mick? Probably not. I mean, just look at Mick. He's practically a joke, the handsome and chisel-jawed doctor. The jury can't not vote for that. And Jaison the Whiner? I don't know. He's played a solid game of second-in-command, so the jury might respect that. But most importantly, I think they'd much rather give him the cash than Russell the scheming millionaire. I think Russell is wise to assume that the only person he can beat in a final two-off is Natalie. Why? Because I don't think the jury likes remoras. And I think they especially don't like remoras when they come in perky blonde packages and speak with a twang. It would be awesome if Natalie did clinch it in the end, because wowee who woulda seen that coming back in the beginning of the season, but I think she'd lose out to a grudging appreciation for Russell's undeniable mastery.

What else to say... Wouldn't it be interesting if Jaison and Mick and Natalie were like, "PEACE, RUSSELL!" and kicked his butt off? It'd make for a way more interesting jury vote. But I don't think that'll happen. I think they're all fairly convinced that they'll beat Russell if they can just hold on until the final two. The real blood will likely come when Natalie and Russell and Jaison are the only three left and they have to turn on each other. Unless, of course, Brett somehow manages to stay in the game, in which case all bets are certainly off.

What do you think, dear reader? How's this all gonna go down on Sunday?

One more thing, Jaison is an idiot. The reason that people love Russell is because he played the game the way it was designed to be played. In general, people probably would not get along with Russell in every day life, however, in Survivor you cannot act the way you do in every day life. That is how you get voted out. I believe Russell probably is generally a good guy. People are just bitter that he knows how to play the game to perfection. THE POINT OF THE GAME IS NOT TO BE NICE, MAKE FRIENDS, AND BE JUDGED ON MORALITY. THE POINT IS TO WIN!
This was absolutely the most ridiculous outcome in the history of Survivor. All the jury members were so freaking butt hurt and bitter! Get over it! Russell played the game the way it is supposed to be played! He is the one who deserves the title of Sole Survivor. Natalie only got to where she was because of him. And she voted with him the whole time so she isn't innocent! And that is how she won! On fake innocence! Anyway, Russell kicked butt and he deserved to win! GO RUSSELL!
Straight up bulls***. Russell out-witted and out played everyone there. She did not deserve to win. I absolutely hate it when the people who d***-ride other people to the final win because they do not deserve it. It's a shame that people cannot seem to take out their sad biases and look at things objectively. At the end of the day, what is the point of the game? To out-wit, out-last, and out-play; that's the title of "soul survivor" not "out-d***ride," "out-coattail," and "out-donothing."
Wow I just don't get how this chick won. Yeah russ is a douche... liar, cheat,,,, sneaky bastard, thats out for himself and himself only... but hell isn't that how its supposed to be played? I mean you need at least two of those qualities to make it to the final anything on Survivor. So i'm not sure why the jury decided to go moral police and give it to Natalie. Hell she was third place at best. I didn't know the jury turned into the charity parade.
Russell was the best player, I bet that if america was voting that russell would have won. He out played everyone and should be the SOUL SURVIVOR.

It dosen't matter who you are out side of the game it is how you play the game.

I almost don't want to ever watch Survivor agian if this is the way people get to win.
Russell was a total snake, but he played the best game! Nat only rode his coattail and she was rewarded with a million dollars. The jury should be ashamed of themselves. If you don't want to be played then don't play the game. The jury was made up of a bunch of SORE LOSERS YES I SAID LOSERS! Russell even without the title you are the True winner of Survivor.
This was the worst jury verdict I have seen since the OJ Simpson trial. This jury got it completely wrong. Russell was clearly the best playaer. The jury members were either vindictive for being outplayed or just did not understand how this game is played. Survivor is a game of deception and manipulation. Erik's statement to Russell showed his lack of that understanding of the game and he and the jurors apparently took it upon themselves to make some kind of moral judgement against Russell instead of congratulating the player who should have been the clear winner from beginning to end. Very disappointing end to an otherwise very entertaining season. At least Russell got the player of the season award and hopefully he will be playing again in heroes vs. villains.
It is unbelievable to me that they would vote like that - actually not. Because that Galu tribe was a bunch of simpletons from the start with the exception of John. They didn't take it seriously - they were doing YOGA ON THE BEACH. They didn't take it seriously - well Erik did but then completely lost his mind apparently from being blinsided in the head so hard at TC. I will never understand why being "good" and "playing an ethical game" weigh into the vote at all? Some seasons that does win the game, but in my opinion those are the LAMEST seasons of all. The great seasons have a Russell, a Cesternino or a Mariano. Those are people who are playing the game to win. And Russell was without question the greatest player of all time. Whatever he said would happen, happened. Whoever he wanted gone, was gone. For him to lose is a fantastical injustice. And this idea that Natalie's game was in any way equivalent is so delusional I can hardly even type it. You are the greatest player of all time Russell, and we know it and you will always be the Sole Survivor.
The jury should be ashamed of what they did they gave the game to someone who didn't deserve it, just because they could not handle being out played by someone who played a great game from the start. Russ we think you should have won hope to see you on the villian team in the spring.
Yes, outwit, outlast and outplay.. BUT.. the jury gets to pick the winner. That's the way the game is played. Russell forgot that, so his strategy was obviously missing an important part.
Russell H was robbed, hands down He is the ultimate survivor

I guess now survivor will turn into a wimpy show and everyone will be nice to win and do nothing- he found idol, he made 95% of decisions, he is a true survivor and the reason SURVIVOR is top rated is because of Russel for this season- Survivor owes him way more than a million. This was the worse decison CBS ever made. If I was natalie I would not have taken it.
I can't believe that Russell didn't win. In my opinion, he was the best survivor player of all time. Those players need to remember that it is a game, and quit taking it so personally. Russell definitely outplayed all of them. Jaison is just a bitter law student who needs to get over himself. I will not watch another season of Survivor. I have enjoyed it over the seasons, but I cannot stand some of the idiot contestants, who lie and do whatever they can to win, but cannot vote for the right person because they have lied and done whatever it took to try to win.
Way to go Natalie!!
Congradulations Natile!! Idea for shows in the future: Bring all the "snakes" back for the ultimate showdown!!

-Nick
Russell should had won
I think Russell needs to win... He played the game and it was one of the best survivors I have watched in a long while!
I just watched the finale and i love Brett so i was destroyed.Althought I can not belive Natalie is still in the game at top 3 and be the last girl.Mick can take things the wrong way about Natalie.Russel lied and cheated and some people still like him but there is an extremely good chance off winning.
I think Shambo wishes she was with Russell in real life ...smooch,smooch, GAG!! She is so jealous of Natale it isn't even funny. I wish she could hear Russell talk about her nasty hair and deadly breath before she voter for her "lover". Shambo, you made me sick the whole time I had to look at you. You are gross!!!!
How come Mick and Jaison did not confer with each other about Russel's talking to each of them and compare notes so they could vote russel off?
Russell and Natalie should go to the final two! Russell should win!
As scene breaks, you very often have beautiful birds. It would be so easy for you to identify the bird at the bottom of the screen and not leaving us panting to know what it was! Thank you.
CBourque2025 said it so perfect. I love Survivor to death and while I've never experienced the game, I can't stand the one flaw the show has had for 19 seasons; I don't care how much you like or hate someone you spent 39 days with, the game is outwit, outlast and outplay. For the love of god vote that way just once instead of voting on friendships!
They have to get rid of Brett. If the opportunity presents itself and the Foa Foa Foursome don't take advantage of it, they are morons. Brett will win, hands-down, if he makes it to the Final Three, despite how the show might portray it with their fancy editing skills, because people on the Jury never vote objectively. I feel that Russell has burned too many people (Shambo and John come to mind) for the Galuers to vote for his amazing strategy. More often than not, the person who SHOULD win, doesn't. I want Mick, Jaison, and Natalie in the Final Three. THAT make for an interesting final Tribal.
Well, I had been pulling for Natalie but I always have a problem when people pray to God for selfish reasons. Praying for world peace or for daddy to not get laid off or for Aunt Susie to beat cancer, those kinds of prayers I can get behind. Praying to win a reward challenge on Survivor that just makes me hope that God is too busy to take your call.

I am now just pulling for Russell to win it all. He has played the hardest and deserves it for even thinking of trying to find idols without clues, let alone actually finding three of them.

In the end though, I am just rooting for Brett to not win immunity. I like being able to respect the FoaFoa Four-a for loyalty (never has there been a group of four survivors so loyal to one another).

If Brett does win enough immunity to make it to the final three he'll surel;y sweep the Galu votes (making them the most loyal disloyal group of Survivors).

GO FOA FOA FOUR-A!!!
Oh Kelly...your tan line is showing! What will people think??/ (Shallow, shallow, shallow)
Shambo and Russell rule!! I think Shambo is ten times above those other bratty, stuck-up girls! They are the losers! Shambo was so genuine and sincere (and gracious) in her farewell comments. Silly monica screaming: "OMG, I'm 94 pounds!" Oh goody, goody, goody. geeezzzzzzzzzzzz. Russell & Jaison need to get Brett (who has been worthless except at recent challenges...never helped his group!).
This article is so full of wrong assessments of the remaining Survivors.

Firstly, it's a Final Three, not a Final Two.

Secondly, how was Shambo crucial to the beginning of the merge? If you look at CBS insider videos or the Survivor: Samoa wikipedia page, Shambo actually voted for Jaison at the first Tribal Council at the merge, and voted for Russell at the second. It was not until Kelly's boot episode that Shambo voted with the Foa Foas. Shambo does have SOME credit for putting Nat, Russ, Jaison and Mick where they are, but not nearly as much as you are giving her. She stumbled along blindly much of the way.

"I think it'll be him because, well, who else would it be?"
- There are reasons to boot anyone at this point. Personally I believe that Jaison will be going home at Final 5, because Brett will win immunity and Russell will decide to keep Mick because Jaison has poorer challenge performance than Mick.

Third, you've got your jury assessments twisted. Natalie has the most personal connections on the jury by a long shot. She's connected with Monica, Kelly, Laura and now Brett. That's four jury votes in Brett's pocket. And Survivor IS a social game. I don't see how your assessment of Natalie's jury situation is correct at all.
Russ and nat in the final, jury's split 4-4 i think Votes for Russ: Shambo, Dave, John, Erik Natalie: Laura, monica, brett, kelly and jaison and mick are up in the air depending on how Russ treats them on Sunday
no way Brett wins, CBS wouldn't have edited him out of the show if he was the winner, they wouldn't ignore the winner all season until the last two episodes. And how could anyone want Brett to win, he has done nothing and was deemed 2nd weakest on his tribe as they took out Erik, Dave, Laura and Kelly. I don't think even his tribe could respect the fact that he was only kept over them because he wasn't considered a threat. No chance he wins.
Russel just shows the jury his immunity idol. Tells him he found 3 of them, played one to get one of them off, and then led his team to whittling the odds down from 8-4 against to 4-1 in favor of his team.. Then he tells them his greatest play of all, telling everyone he was a millionaire so that his team would want to take him into the final 2 or 3. "Heck, I ain't no millionaire. Made that whole story up! I'm a mechanic at a garage in Lubbock Texas, and I got about 50 dollars to my name. I planned this all the way to the end before I even left the USA. And I didn't even need this 3rd idol I found to get to the final vote! I out played, out lasted and outwitted every single one of you. That's why you should vote for me!"
I hope Brett wins. He seems to be a likable guy. :) However, Russell has pulled off so much now, that if he didn't make to the final two I'd be surprised. Natalie has played this game very strategically by dragging along behind Russell this entire time. I'm not so sure about Jaison. I get negative vibes from him. He seems like the less-evil cocky guy. Maybe kinda like a wannabe Russel? Mick seems like a good person to win. I don't mind him all that much. But all-in-all I want Brett to win at this point! Go Brett! :)
I must add that the head massage Brett gave Shambo was one of the most desperate moves I've seen on this show. He really should be rewarded for that somehow. Maybe he's not even religious, but memorized a few verses in case he needed to sweet-talk someone like Natalie. If so, he's brilliant.
I hope Jaison wins
If Brett gets to the end, he'll probably win with the Galu dominated jury...if not, I think Natalie will take it in a scary parallel to the most recent Big Brother where a floater that did little won.