Syfy Will Import Bitten for Season 3

I have good news and bad news, guys. According to Variety, Syfy will import the upcoming third season of the Canadian supernatural drama Bitten in 2016. That's the good news. The bad news is that come next year, we're all going to have inferiority complexes again if we don't go back to the gym. I mean, have you seen how good Elena and her pack look these days?

The series, which is based on Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld novels and airs on Space in Canada, stars Laura Vandervoort as Elena Michaels, the only female werewolf in existence. Greyston Holt appears as her partner, Clay Danvers, Greg Bryk plays the pack's leader, Jeremy Danvers, and Steve Lund rounds out the cast as the charming and sexy Nick "Where Are My Red Pants From Season 1?" Sorrentino.

Bitten's second season ended in April. Bitten's partner in crime Lost Girl will end its run in 2016.

Are you excited about Season 3? And do you miss Nick's red pants as much as I do?

Jul 01, 2015
This show seemed mediocre at first, but by the end of season one, I was loving it. Season two was actually even better than the first. So I'm totally hooked and very glad it's been renewed.
Jul 14, 2015
Very true. Season 1 was like some introduction and some action but not the greatest plot. Season 2 was really awesome so look forward to Season 3.
Jun 30, 2015
That's good, though it'll be curious if this is a totally new story or if they are following the books (and so this is a bit more of Paige's story, sorry, Paige and Nick fans there is a guy out there for her, though Paige is different on the show, so Lucas might be a bit more hipster than nerd) because Elena's story quiets down for a bit. I forget if Eve shows up first or Elena finds herself in a condition.
Jul 01, 2015
Book Related Possible Spoilers

I just finished the series, most of it anyway. Except for some of the short stories. Eve would've been in season 2 and if I remember correctly killed sometime before the escape, during captivity. Eve wasn't even mentioned in the show, unfortunately. Savannah didn't even seem to act like she knew who her mother was. She was already living with Paige and Paige's mother when she was taken. In the books she was captured along with Eve.

Bitten seems to be more about Elena than the books are. If they were following the books, which I would love to see, We would get to see some fun characters like Jaime Vegas, Eve and Kristoff, Lucas and a grown up Savannah and Adam. And we'd get to see some Cabal life. Edward James Olmos for Benicio. James Roday, Emilio Esteves for the brothers.

Jul 01, 2015
I agree, but I feel like the warlocks have to be introduced because not only Kisten as Savannah's father is important but that whole sort of NATO thing that they start which Paige and Lucas are kind of more in charge of seems important. I mean, they could just have it be more based from Elena's perspective especially because Savannah spends a lot of her time at Stonehaven which not only because she likes it there, but to hide her from her father's side of the family. I think Eve could show up as a separate story, it just kind of looked that way, or at least something Eve would do when Savannah showed Elena the vision.

I quit the series probably with the book that was going to be from Hope's point of view because, well I was fine with the Eve centered books but Elena and Paige were the two I cared about. And then I understand we shifted to Savannah's point of view which I was like, nope.
Jul 01, 2015
I think I liked the Paige/Lucas books the best especially when Benicio was involved. Eve a close tie. Elena and Clay second. Savannah was okay. Hope and Karl should have stayed in short story or novella.

Maybe, if they use Savannah in season 3, Eve could show up as an I'm your mother kind of like a Darth Vader. Eve being the bogey that witches told their children as a bedtime story to scare them into eating their veggies.

I didn't like that they made Xavier a male witch because they chose not to carry a male child due to a prophecy. I liked the books explanation better that they were genetically incapable of having males just as the sorcerers were incapable of having females. Savannah being an exception since witches and sorcerers did not mate. Supernaturals being genetically different from normal humans made sense to me.

A Dime Store Magic adaptation could work. Have the pack involved with protecting Savannah. Nick be jealous of Lucas. Elena is still involved for the male audience.

Jul 01, 2015
That would work and I could so easily see it turned to be the wolves answering Paige's call for help. And they could drag out that Lucas trying to hide his identity thing for a lot longer than I feel like they did in the book, so they could really build up the sorcerers (I can never remember if they were that or warlocks) as the big corporate bad guys and Lucas trying to help the witches. I mean, it would help Nick get to where he is in the books, sort of sullen and angry and I sort of suspected willing to try to find a woman like Elena who might survive the change.
Jun 30, 2015
Actually "Bitten" is only based on the second book of the trilogy, the first one being "Licked." Can you guess the third?
Oct 07, 2015
Well that's just plain wrong, Bitten is the first book which season 1 followed "loosely" then Stolen (book 2) again the series followed it but not to the tee... if it follows the books then it would switch to a Paige/Lucas story, or for the wolves it may jump to Frostbitten novella.
Oct 07, 2015
It was a joke. I was thinking of "Licked", "Bitten", then "Eaten". Perhaps with a fourth installment, "Puked." But of course, fans of the real books won't find this joke funny.
Jun 30, 2015
Kelley Armstrong's books are a guilty pleasure and I love that they are going to further explore that world. I do wonder where they are going to go with the show because the books are different in a few ways.

Elena/Clay become almost secondary characters in books 3 and 4 as series focused on the magic world. While they and Jeremy are involved in the storyline they are more like enforcers for Paige as she and her sorcerer boyfriend as they investigate cabals (male version of a witch's coven - male witches are common in the book). Since Nick is Paige's boyfriend in the show I wonder if the next season will focus on him and Paige next season.

I doubt they go that route as Laura Vandervoort is the main focus of the show and I doubt viewers would like it if she moved into the background. That means I expect the story will move to book 5 where at the start Elena finds out she is pregnant and moves to Toronto in order to be more comfortable. Considering she is the first pregnant werewolf in history, Jeremy's entire pack follows in order to protect her and things get crazy from there. I don't want to much spoil but if I'm right I expect to see vampires/zombies roaming the streets of Toronto next season. It should be fun.
Jun 30, 2015
Season Two the show got even better. Laura Vandervoort found a fabulous part to inhabit and she makes the most of it every time she is on screen. She is so good as 'Elena'. Doesn't hurt that Laura Vandervoort may have the most flawless face on television. Hard to believe her time on 'Smallville' was 7 years ago and it doesn't seem like she's aged a day. I liked Kiara Glasco, who was also great on BBC America's 'Copper', as Savannah. This is fantastic news that they've kept it. They moved it to 11pm EST either in an attempt to get ratings in the 11pm slot or because someone complained about the content which was strange and made me worry that they were just burning it off. Only bonus was I don't think Syfy edited the content at all in Season 2 - like they did in Season 1 - from the Canadian version. These wolves cuss a lot :) Hopefully they just move it back. Good news.
Jun 30, 2015
I'm just glad it got renewed
Jun 30, 2015
"I mean, have you seen how good Elena and her pack look these days? "

What do you mean 'these days', Laura Vandervoort got thrown out of the ugly tree at birth and not only did she miss every branch she landed in huge pile of pretty at the bottom.
Jun 30, 2015
* It's kinda a 'guilty pleasure', but I watch every episode. My only problem with it is the lack of guns. The werewolves may have a rule against that regarding each other, but what was stopping the wolves from shooting the evil witches?
Jun 30, 2015
The story was more focused and well paced in season 2 which was a plus.

I think they should stay away from explosions though... they were just bad. There were a number of attempts to give 'moments' in the middle of action sequences that just totally failed too.
Jun 30, 2015
I think i will keep waiting for this to get better till the end. I did like the witches this season, though.
Jun 30, 2015
Great news!! Love this show!
can't wait!!!
Jun 30, 2015

Yes, I have, but I wouldn't call it a pack without some more definition.
Jun 30, 2015
I took "Elena and her pack" to mean the collective group of (in-shape) werewolves, not a bundle of stomach muscles.
Jun 30, 2015
No. It has to be her pack of gum, wolves breath is not minty fresh on its own.

Jun 30, 2015
Obviously they were talking about Elena's pack of cigarettes, a habit she can't kick.

Jun 30, 2015
Ah, yes I see the mistake now. :)
Jun 29, 2015
Very excited! Love the show :)