Syfy Will Import Lost Girl Season 3

Cleavage party!

Canada's Lost Girl will travel to America for Season 3, putting to rest any fears that fans of the show would have to fake passports, develop a taste for Tim Horton's coffee, and develop a slapshot. SyFy will continue airing the Canadian series, says Mo Ryan of The Huffington Post.

The series is a saucy one! Lost Girl stars Anna Silk as succubus Bo, a demon who specializes in the art of sexy times, seducing others and feeding off their sexual energy (if you know what I'm sayin'). Bo teams up with a human to form a pretty sweet detective agency that solves cases in the supernatural world, forming the backbone of the series.

Right now, the series airs first on Canada's Showcase and then comes to Syfy later. SyFy is currently airing Season 2, and is planning to air Season 3 sometime in January 2013. Season 3 is scheduled for 13 episodes, down from the 22-episode Season 2.

Follow TV.com writer Tim Surette on Twitter: @TimAtTVDotCom

Does anyone know why Season 3 is so short compared to the rest?
who plays Bo's mother
CANADIAN PREMIER is this fall (ShowCase) . US PREMIER (SyFy) JAN 2013. To watch it in Canada you need a Canadian IP address or can find it by googling "Lost Girl watch full episodes online .eu" .EU sites are better. Here is a link to the best one that gives you links to several sites with no commercial US viewings the day they premier in Canada. It also gives you ratings of the links. http://watchseries.eu/serie/lost_girl
Great News! I love this show!
Great series.
Having watched Lost Girl and now watching Continuum, both Canadian shows produced by Showcase, I've noticed something interesting. We get this generic North American feeling, and they never try to remind us they are actually in Canada, I mean it's never explicit. As far as I can remember, the words Canada or Canadian are never mentioned. The city where the story takes place is also not specified. I mean, you might recognize it if you're familiar with it, and shows are most probably shot in Vancouver, or perhaps Toronto, but the characters never say the name of the city.

Two characters talking will throw in words like Portland or New York. In Lost Girl, Bo and Kenzi visited a prisoner in death row. In Continuum, a character from the future even said something like, "in this time even the President appears on TV says corporations are bad." Well, since Canada as far as I know doesn't have a president and the country wasn't specified, I assume he was talking about the president of Bolivia, Evo Morales...

It's all little things here and there that get you that funny familiarity, the vague impression that you are, or could be somewhere in the USA, though you're not. In fact I should propose the creation of a new country for television purposes. Not America, but Generica.

Do you think that is done on purpose, to make the product assimilation in the USA, a bigger market, easier?
Continuum actually says what city they're in in the first minute of the premiere - "Vancouver District, North American Union" is displayed on screen during Kagame's speech. Presumably the NAU has a president, not a prime minister, which would explain why Kellog mentions a president.

As for Lost Girl, I don't think they try to hide that they're in Canada, they just don't go out of their way to say it. In the episode where Bo and Kenzi cross the border to visit the jail, the prisoner is on death row. Since Canada doesn't have the death penalty and it's clearly not a Mexican prison, they must be crossing into the US. Also look for scenes where cash is exchanged - it's definitely Canadian money. Lost Girl is indeed filmed in Toronto, by the way.

Twitter @Faenonymous
Acctually in that death row episode they do say that they're going to a prison on the other side of the boarder. Also the characters, mainly kensie, throw in a few french words every now and again. So in Lost Girl at least the show's definately set in Canada, they're just not shouting it at the audience every five seconds.

There really wouldn't be any benefit to making a big deal out of the fact the shows are Canadian. I'm an Australian, so you probably never see any of our TV but most if it is aweful because shows are so determined to be 'not American' that they all turn into terrible cliches of our language use and culture rather than just telling good stories with interesting characters.

I like that Lost Girl doens't make a big deal out of where they are, it would just be distracting if they were very deliberatly drinking tim hortons coffee while bragging about their good healthcare system and going to ice hockey games all the time.
They do say "across the border" and there are occasional weird things like Kenzi craving a Cherry Coke (can you not get those in Canada?), but I have to agree with mad-pac--they go out of their way to not identify it as Toronto or anything but "North American" (like when they refer to Dyson's accent). My assumption is that this is to make it easier to sell to US down the line (as they did). Or it could be like the Simpsons and we just aren't supposed to identify any one city...because Hale says "up and down the coast" and Toronto isn't on the ocean.
Yes, in that episode they say across the border. They don`t say which border, of course, because that would admit they`re in Canada. It was a very brief mention, and it worked like this? one scene they were in Trick`s bar, then in the next talking to the prisoner, then in the next, back in their apartment. I supposed there was avery long drive in between, or even a trip to the airport and an air trip that, in itself, would make just another episode.

American shows, on the other hand never let us forget, they are American. And rightfully so, I`d say. They mention the word American many times, we see American flags, the city name is repeated often enough, and the city almost becomes another character. That seems much more authentic than a show taking place in the United States of Generica.
IMO I think that's really just New York shows. And New York is "special" in the way that it thinks of itself. I mean LA or Miami or San Francisco never sit around and talk about themselves the way New York does.
Oh, yes. I'd like to see Canadians re-create Miami in Vancouver... Or Albuquerque, New Orleans, Dallas...
This is also true on Rookie Blue and it seems to have worked.
While at it there's a new show called Continuum that is also as good. Why not import that one too?
It's got great ratings now, but I think Continuum is going to crash and burn. Maybe before it gets a US pickup. If ratings stay good, maybe? But the first 2 episodes aren't really a US show (maybe on SyFy??). It's slow and the characters aren't very engaging.
I was just going to mention that! Continuum is my new favorite show! But I don't think it's just as good as Lost Girl. It's much better if science fiction is what you're looking for. But of course if you prefer girl-on-girl action and a comic relief that constantly cracks jokes, then Lost Girl is your cup of tea.
Im sure it will. Its brand new, Lost Girl didnt come to SyFy until Season 2 was almost over in Canada,
Is Jan 2013 US date or Canada date? Please dont be the date for both. Cant wait till 2013.
January 2013!

Good thing I have already decided to not both watching any SyFy show actually on SyFy.
Anna Silk is eye candy. Ksenia Solo's hair bugs me for some reason. Maybe it's because it looks unnatural. When they did that odd season 1 episode where she had blonde hair and everything, including her, was more serious, I actually preferred her that way. It was a better contrast to all the brunettes on the show, let alone Bo, plus she looks better with curly hair, as she did on Life Unexpected.

Rachel Skarsten, who played Dinah Lance (Black Canary) on Birds of Prey is joining the cast in season 3.
Ksenia Solo's unnatural hair looks unnatural? She'll be crushed. I disagree that her curly hair looks better. I have often thought that look did not do her justice. Like they were trying to uglify her so Britt Robertson looked better.
this is seriously my fav. show on tv. i really hope it is allowed to maintain it's humor without being changed too much. some of the best parts are kenzi making jokes about bo's sexual-ism, and i really hope they don't suddenly develop a problem with her being bi-sexual.. i do hope, however, it gets a bigger budget and can have some better sets/film in awesomer locations and have more/ different/awesome fae involved. <3<3
It is pretty good; not great but certainly pretty. For those in the states looking for something a bit better, The Almighty Johnsons from New Zealand is a better and more interesting show. Hopefully SyFy will pick it up and broadcast here.
The Almighty Johnsons? Surely you jest. I mean that show is only good in a so bad it's good sort of way.

I've only seen a couple of episodes but they all had that giant gangly guy yelling at someone else "I'm Oden, so I basically comand you!" and then they either did or didn't do what he says, hijinks and lame special effects ensue.

Probably the best Canadian made TV show I have ever seen. And that's coming from a passport faking, Timmies drinking, slapshot making Canuck.

Plus: Anna Silk! Am I right, fellas?!
I think Anna Silk has something I can't specify which is very enticing. I first noticed that in several of tv.com's screencaps in which she appears used in the show reviews. I think she was very well cast.
Have you seen Continuum? Being you Canadian and such a fan of Fringe, I assume you'd be much more incline to prefer a show leaning much more towards classic science fiction themes like time traveling and future tech.
Does little for me. However, there's something about Kenzi.
Kenzi's spirit in Dyson's body was most disturbing and simultaneously funny thing I've seen in forever!
She's actually my favorite character. Not cleavage wise, of course. But without her the show wouldn't be nearly as good.
quote of the day: "cleavage party!"