Teen Wolf: Arden Cho Isn't Returning for Season 6—Watch Her Announcement (VIDEO)

Another one bites the dust. Arden Cho, who played Kira Yukimura on MTV's supernatural teen drama Teen Wolf, announced via YouTube on Monday that she won't be returning for the show's upcoming sixth season.

“I just want to say I love Kira Yukimura so much," Cho said in the video, which you can watch above. "I love the Yukimura family. I loved my experience on Teen Wolf. I love the cast and crew, it's been an amazing three-and-a-half years. It's gone by so fast, but unfortunately, it looks like we are wrapped up with Kira's storyline and she won’t be coming back for Season 6."

"Sometimes I think in a show where there's so many characters, there isn't always room for everyone and everyone's storylines, so I guess that was it," she continued. "I do wish we would have developed a little bit more of her powers and [the] skinwalkers and just [that] there would have been more of an epic ending, but you never know with Teen Wolf. I mean, people might come back. It is what it is."

Teen Wolf is no stranger to losing cast members, but this is the first time it sounds like it may have been a creative decision and not the actor's choice to leave. It's a bummer to have to say goodbye to Cho, even though it's true that her character was often relegated to the sidelines in Season 5 or disappeared altogether as the show attempted to tell a very ambitious but messy storyline that basically worked out in the season finale because the show said it worked. And to that point, the veteran series has struggled in recent seasons to give its female characters well-developed storylines that encourage character growth. But writing them out of the story in between seasons without giving them a proper ending—because Kira's story was not "wrapped up" at all, she just went to the desert to work on harnessing her powers and was always expected to return—is not really what we had in mind when we listed our 5 Ways to Fix Teen Wolf and said the show needed to "figure out the women of Beacon Hills."

While a smaller cast and a more streamlined version of the series is desirable, dropping Kira from the story may prove to be just another mistake in another long line of mistakes for the series. And although her character thankfully isn't dead—well, let's just assume she didn't die out in the desert, anyway—the character being written out in this way doesn't exactly look good given the way female characters have been treated lately on television. Last week, no less than six shows killed off major or recurring female characters, and that was after the outrage following a fan-favorite female character's death on The 100. It also calls into question what creator Jeff Davis said following the Season 5 finale, which was that the writers were planning on returning to WWII and Cho’s turn as a Kitsune trapped in a Japanese interment camp. Storylines can always change, of course, so we can't really fault him for that, but the news of Cho's departure doesn't really alleviate any of our concerns about where Teen Wolf is headed in Season 6.

Her departure also just reminds worried fans of how the revolving door at the MTV series has hurt it overall. Because Teen Wolf is no stranger to saying goodbye to cast members: Colton Haynes left the series after the show's second season, leading lady Crystal Reed departed at the end of Season 3 (but later returned as a guest star to play the ancestor of her character Allison Argent in Season 5) as did Daniel Sharman, and Tyler Hoechlin left for greener pastures after Season 4. Along the way, the series also said goodbye to characters played by Gage Golightly and Adelaide Kane after the actresses were cast in pilots, and Max and Charlie Carver, who played twins Aiden and Ethan, were written out after Season 4. Meanwhile, fans are still wondering WTF happened to Keahu Kahuanui's Danny. Storylines have been dropped time and again on Teen Wolf but this may be the most obvious and potentially the most confusing version of this we've seen yet.

What do you think of Cho's departure? Will it help or hurt the show?

Aug 03, 2016
In all honesty... I can deal with that. I'm not saying I dislike her character but I'm sure Scott will be just fine without her. There are plenty of supernatural stuff to go around.
May 15, 2016
I like Kira and I am going to miss her and put her on my list of characters I hope one day make a return. Although her absence does make more the story more interesting because her story controlling electricity, the fox aura and the skinwalker dead zone was deviating from the limits of reality. Since she is going to live young for centuries it would be awesome to imagine her returning to high school one day and become someone elses love interesr or as a young adult to a much older Scott. Let’s hope Teen Wolf season 6 can make it without bringing another kitsune. I hope they focus on giving more role nd responsibilities to female characters like Malia and Hayden.
Apr 21, 2016
Arden Cho is a good actress who (I hope) will land on her feet in another brilliant series. That said, I never saw her as more than Scott's girlfriend - a role I didn't think was necessary in the first place. Perhaps in season six Scott will find a way to function without a love interest. It's lonely at the top, after all.
Apr 17, 2016
i find this infuriating. not because i liked kira but because this just goes to prove that this stupid show has no idea whatsoever to do with female characters. Only alison and her mother were well written on this show and now both are gone.

lydia is an afterthought on this show. even when she is key to a story she's barely involved in it. they dont develop her stories properly. malia isnt any better and dont even get me started an hayden. this show just has no interest in developing strong female characters, its all about the men. with kira it was obvious from the start they had no idea what to do with her after finding out she was a kitsune. They need to bring someone in that can write female characters and if they cant handle them then stop bringing them in. im getting pretty tired if seeing this show abuse and misuse female characters.

i have seen jeff, in many interviews now mention that he is starting to prep this 2.0 cast and get ready for when scott and the others leave so that if this show lasts past this season they'll have an established group .

given how jeff has repeatedly said that and this announcement here im even less excited about this season than i was before. and i have a strong feeling that, whether it gets renewed or not this will be my last
Apr 14, 2016
No! Dammit. I liked Kira. I mean yeah, sometimes she didn't get the presence of others but I still liked her. I do agree that Teen Wolf has some problems with their female cast. I don't really think it's the actors fault though, I really feel it's the writers. This last season though really just took the axe to Kira. Sending her away once, not really having much for her to do aside from being Scott's love interest. We never got to understand what the kitsune tails were and why they took those forms of symbolic items or whatever. Basically nothing was explored about the kitsune beyond the season of their introduction which sucked.

This last season Lydia spent most of her time in a coma, and Malia went away to find her mother and even when she was back they didn't give any real time to things going on aside from the final fight with her mother. Which was the b plot and just felt like a tacked on thing; oh, her mother wants to kill her because, in the very end, we finally learn when werecoyotes are pregnant part of their power goes to the kid. And Malia's mother sucks because she apparently just sucks, and wants that power back. I mean there's probably something to say about her being just straightforward a bad, selfish person. But the whole thing felt messy. Nothing was explored about Malia and Style's failed relationship; everyone was a team at the end because they had to, to save Lydia and Beacon Hills but man.

I really enjoy the show, and enjoy seeing what they do next but I'm starting to feel like maybe next season should be its last. It's senior year anyway. My friend and I have discussed how Teen Wolf could go if they went to college, and many high school teen dramas flounder when putting them in college because they've run he storylines already so what else do they do at that point? It's not impossible, but you then get into explanations for why all the cast happens to stay together. Or stay in their hometown instead of going off to college somewhere, especially when usually college apps are story plots at some point or maybe to be a big deal. Or if they do leave, then do you get rid of cast members to replace them? Have some weird reason why even if some of the cast lives far away they're always showing back up?

Honestly this last season really felt like they were developing Liam as a replacement Scott. Have the current main cast move on to college, maybe keep Styles around to train as a cop, or not. But you have Liam, his girlfriend now werewolf, and his best friend(bad with names), and best friend's chameleon chimera boyfriend. You basically already got a new cast and can try telling new stories with them. Unlikely to happen but who knows I guess.
Apr 13, 2016
I got hooked on this show for 1 main reason...Stiles. If his character were to be written off, then TW would be over for me plain and simple!

I never disliked Kira until this season. However, I never really saw the purpose for her other than to give Scott a rebound love no to lead into the Void Stiles storyline (which was awesome!!). I've found her storylines boring and her character useless. She was a bit funny at first but not a lot.

This season was a real downfall for her and it might be because of the writing, but a really good actress could have made people love the character anyway I'm not saying Arden is a bad actress but she never made me grasp her character and want to see more of her. I generally did something else like Solitaire or Facebook when she was onscreen the last 2 seasons.

I'm sad for Arden cuz it sounds like it wasn't her choice like it was for the other actors who left, but I will not miss Kira, AT ALL!
Apr 13, 2016
I'm an alliscot guy so there may be biased. I never liked her character with Scott. No chemistry at all.

And I don't think the writers knew what to do with her other than being beaten by everybody and Scott's girlfriend even the season Finale Scott was saying goodbye to her in one scene and the next had him reminiscing Allison. I suspect a form of Allison will come back.

The writers need to trim the characters more I think the "copycat Allison as well." basically all the next gen guys.

Apr 12, 2016
Nothing like stream of consciousness babbling. lol
Apr 12, 2016
So fuckin' Theo is coming back but not Kira? Wth kinda sexist bullshit is going on with TW? All the women either leave, disappear or die. They had a great opportunity with the mythology of the Kitsune and Kira learning to live with her power but no, they just dropped her. Rude.
Apr 15, 2016
I'm still waiting for the official word on Theo because if he comes back, I'm done with the show.

Kira began with so much potential. I don't think she had any chemistry with Scott but she was adorable and her character could've been so cool. Their first mistake was making her struggle so much to control her powers. It was uncalled for. At the very least, it shouldn't have dragged on for so long.
Apr 12, 2016
Wow. Might this be the last season of Teen Wolf? Arden leaves (and while I have serious issues with season 4-5 Kira, Arden Cho is a ray of sunshine), Tyler gives no impression of coming back and I fear that Dylan (O'Brien) might be partially written off, due to his recent injury and the delay of The Death Cure's filming (which would probably conflict with TW's filming now).

Either the farce the show's becoming will end, or Jeff and Co will have to put effort in the stories they're shooting. Finally.
Apr 12, 2016
You had my attention and then Lexa was name dropped again and I just can't with it anymore. People need to move on.
Apr 12, 2016
Oh, no! I liked Kira a lot. Too bad. Please, do not bring another female into the fold, only for Scott to have a love interest. Sigh. Let the women stand on their own. It's possible, as we have seen with Allison and Lydia (although with her it was a very slow process).
Apr 12, 2016
I'm sorry for Arden Cho, since it seems like it was the show runners' decision instead of her choice. I'll miss Kira.
Apr 15, 2016
I'm not a Kira fan. But I feel bad for Arden. Seems like she was blindsided by the decision.
Apr 12, 2016
This seemed to be handed badly by the producers. If you watched the video of Arden Cho telling everybody Kira won't be back, she seemed genuinely sad and kinda hurt. Let's hope that it's at least explained well in the show and the producers and writers learned something from this experience. Otherwise it was all for nothing.

It is true that Kira never clicked the way Malia did. I fell in love with that character the second we met her. She was mysterious, strong, confident and totally unafraid of saying stuff that came into her mind. It seemed Kira always ran around with her head down. Where Malia appeared fierce when she did stuff on her own, Kira appeared mopy.
And that says nothing about Arden Cho's capabilities as an actress. I don't know her in anything else. But you don't get into a TV show like this just on good looks.

And even characters like Lydia and Malia were under- or misused in those last seasons. No wonder a less developed character didn't have the opportunity to shine.
Then again: So were Scott and Stiles and their friendship as well as the relationships of our heroes in general. I really do hope they do a less convoluted story next year.

When you think about it, Kira's character always seemed a bit of a box to be checked:
- Ok guys. we need a new love interest for Scott now that Allison is dead.
- Isn't it a bit early for that?
- Naaah. Kids these days are jumping from bed to bed. Plus: They are young, they are attractive... We need more reasons for them to take their shirt of.
So who should we cast and what kind of power do we give her? How about someone diverse? Asian, katana-wielding. Attractive of course.
- What about a back-story? What if she doesn't really click with the audience?
- We'll figure that out as we go. And if the character isn't liked, we will just kick her off the show after 2 or 3 seasons and tell everybody that the character had really big shoes to fill, but that she definitely was more than a mere rebound blahblahblah...

While we're on the topic:
I'd like for Scott to be single and without a love interest for a while. Maybe through season 6. And in the last episode of the series (which could as well be the last episode of the show) let him meet a powerful female alpha with a pack of her own who isn't a total psycho but has a more firm grip on her betas. Someone similar to Talia Hale. That would make for a nice watch. If it turns out to be the shows last episode, we (the audience) could imagine them ending up together, or - if the show does run longer than 6 seasons - show us.
Apr 12, 2016
But you don't get into a TV show like this just on good looks.

Lol wait, do you mean no one gets casts on this show mainly on looks? That's how every guy on this show was cast. To quote Bill Maher, I don't know for a fact that Jeff Davis has a "casting couch" situation going on, I just know it to be true. Lol
Apr 13, 2016
Of course they are all attractive.
But since there are so many attractive aspiring actresses and actors out there, one would think they would cast those who are also able to actually act.
Apr 12, 2016

I think you're right, she didn't seem happy or satisfied...

It is true that Kira never clicked the way Malia did.

LOL, I feel exactly the opposite way. S3 Kira is awesome (it's her later unexplained power fest and all around love-interest-ness that makes me unhappy), while Malia is 100% "unrelatable" to me (which is mostly due to plainly bad and careless writing, but still). To me, Malia is incredible in all the wrong way, since she's absolutely impossible and horrible blasé about everything she's been through (for example, Derek, good or horrible, was always rooted in his character's backstory, while Malia's only backlash of being a coyote for most of her formative years is bluntness and math problems. Oh, wait, she's got through those, considering she's unexplicably a senior, Sorry, my bad).

I'd like for Scott to be single

Yes, seconded. I miss "be your own anchor" Scott.

Someone similar to Talia Hale.

Fanon Talia Hale, you mean.
Canonically she's let another Alpha bite an innocent girl on her territory with no repercussion, had a couple of hunter v. werewolves wars and not kept an eye on the Argents after the blinding (ha, bad pun intended) mistake she's made with Deucalion's meeting with the hunters, not noticed the child-molester seduce her underage son. Then there was taking Derek's memories about the Nematon but failing at keeping them entirely out of his mind, taking Peter's memories about Malia, but leaving them to her murderous Desert Coyote Mother especially since the Desert Wolf was supposedly unhappy about Malia from the start. Oh, let's not forget that for someone who knew about the dangers of hunters and life as a werewolf, Talia must have totally put all her eggs in one basket, i.e. she's taught only Laura the ways of an Alpha, seeing how woefully unprepared Derek was to his fate.
The only unarguably cool thing about Talia Hale is that she could turn into a full wolf and, imho, that's more good genes (Laura and Derek managed to do it too, and both are/were mediocre Alphas at best) than being a good Alpha.
More +
Apr 12, 2016
bet she will be back for season 7 and over season 6, she will learn to control the fox spirit with the skinwalkers
If there is a season 7.
Apr 17, 2016
MTV loves this show. this will be there version of supernatural. extending long past the length it should and every season you are wondering why its not over yet. like i said jeff has been preparing the show with a group to replace scott and the others. so he can move into a new generation. he must be feeling really good with where the show is with mtv
Apr 12, 2016
As for the trend of killing women in shows, I'm sorry, but isn't that a good thing?

Here me out here for a second before you jump me

In the past, it was completely and utterly forbidden to kill off female characters in the same way that it was absolutely forbidden to kill children on tv shows, because the assumption is they are some poor helpless defenseless creatures nobody is supposed to touch at all.

The fact that more female characters getting killed isn't basically a showing that women aren't considered such things anymore? That women are in fact equal to men in that department?

I'm not in favor of killing anyone (in real life) but if we are accepting that there is a trend now of killing characters for shock factors (see: walking dead, game of thrones etc) doesn't that mean we actually prefer men and women to have the equal treatment?

We only recently looked up that in the number of super hero shows, half of those who are non ensemble based are female centered. So if we are sending more women to the front lines, isn't it expected to have more women as casualties as well?
Apr 17, 2016
i see what you are saying but in a show that has always mishandled female characters and struggled to create good female characters this isnt a good thing. while alison was a great character even she, toward the end was reduced to being in a love triangle and having little to do
Apr 12, 2016
Truth be told, she was basically an Alison replacement and they didn't know what to do with her. I'd rather they trim the number of characters since they obviously can't seem to manage a large ensemble.
Apr 12, 2016
Well, I think, many fans didn't really relate to Kira or liked her that much. So often I've read the complaints about "no chemistry between K&S", "what's she doing at all?", "always whining about no control/unsecurity", ...
On one hand it's surely due to (bad) writing of her character, the whole Kira-story was like "We still don't know where to go with her...". The writers could have done better.
On the other hand, in fact, there hasn't been real chemistry between Kira&Scott, especially not the one the audience had experienced with Allison&Scott. It really felt a little forced, watching them getting closer and becoming a couple... I couldn't buy it even if I wanted to.
To me it's always seemed that Kira's character would fit better as kinda little sister/niece to Scott/ the pack.
And, finally, there really have been too many characters now, to give everyone a proper screentime for development/background/etc. It was just too much for a show like this, which was at it's best when it concentrated on few mains with co-characters/sidekicks who didn't need big own stories.

I guess, the producers may have gotten the just semi-good feedback and chemistry-critics about Kira and if they really want to do the generation-2.0-thing with the seniors more and more in the background - even some were saying Stiles will also be in the centre of season 6 - it's not that big surprise that Kira won't be there anymore. What to do else when the audience don't like one as much as other characters?

Another thing is surely how this all was handled with Arden Cho, which we don't really know, but I'm afraid she was told pretty late that she's out. Maybe it was a recent decision... or ...?
But I think - and truly hope - that Arden will go well with her future carreer anyway, she is young, and a really good and nice actress (and bad writing's not her fault!).
And I also hope that (presumably final) season 6 will indeed go back to the roots, concentrating on some beloved main characters and give us a show to love.
Apr 12, 2016
I liked Kira and her powers but it was a case of "use it or lose it'. I hated how she was treated this season so I'm glad they realised they clearly didn't know what to do with her character. Hope Arden goes on to bigger and better things.

Also hope Teen Wolf can come up with something better next season. This season's cast was way too big and the story was just wah? and WTF most of the time.
Apr 12, 2016
No disrespect to Arden Cho but I never got into Kira so good riddance!
Apr 12, 2016
I don't know why this show has such little retention of their cast. The only ones left from first season are Scott, Stiles, Lydia and their respective parental figures.
Apr 12, 2016
Well, let's face it, this show got some traction early on, but it's losing it insanely fast. So the cast are running off to do other things and I can't blame them.

I'm surprised only Colton and Sharman went to CW, since I expected more of the cast to make that move. But then again, neither of them lasted too long there.
Apr 12, 2016
Adelaide Kane also made that move, although I would say Reign has been pretty forgettable. :)
Apr 17, 2016
Apperantly really forgettable since I totally forgot about her.
Apr 12, 2016
When I read the headline I thought Good; that's the best news I've heard in a long time regarding this show. But now I feel bad. It seemed like Arden was deliberately misled and yes, I feel bad for her. I'm not fond of Kira at all. Her character was so cute and awkward at first and then became so damned annoying. Plain and simple, they butchered Kira. I can't pretend that I'll miss Kira. I just wonder what this means for Scott and Kira's friends.

I do wish Arden well. It seems like she was really hurt by not being brought back. Had it been her decision to leave, I think I'd feel differently. Now I just feel bad for the actress. Sorry, guys. I know I'm nuts lol Scott & Kira never had any real chemistry. I just feel bad for Arden

Apr 12, 2016
Why was she mislead? Heck, they said they were pretty shocked when the show got renewed at all, so it's not like she was told of amazing things ahead.
Apr 13, 2016
If you're asking me WHY they misled her, I do not know why. After the way Jeff Davis & co butchered the show and let the fans down, I can only assume he's an egotistical A-hole. But she was misled. She said in more than one interview that she was looking forward to season six so clearly she thought she'd be apart of it.
Apr 12, 2016
She said she was excited for season 6, so this means for even a short time she believed the renewal applied to her too. I have to agree with the other commenter. I didn't like her character and I believe leaving her out makes sense, but it's sad that she actually wanted to stay in the show. The optimal thing would have being for the writers to have given her a better character and storyline but this didn't happen so...
Apr 12, 2016
It doesn't really bother me that much. Kira was a fine character, but I was never really attached to her. I found Scott and Kira boring together.
Apr 12, 2016
I admit, I wasn't the biggest fan of Kira, although that probably had to do with her getting little in the way of development, especially compared to Allison. I've always tried to defend the show, even in the light of what was admittedly not the best season. I still maintain it was better than season 4, but I also think they had very similar problems, and the treatment of female characters was definitely one of those.

I was willing to give the show a big benefit of the doubt because Allison was such a good character. It sounded like her leave was unexpected, so I figured season 4 was just a scramble to get something together in the wake of losing a major main character, and it did feel like it was laying the ground work for Malia and Kira to really get some life in season 5. If it had panned out better, I think I'd be more forgiving, but Kira's plotline barely existed and had no resolution, and Malia's desert wolf plotline was incredibly weak and didn't even fit in with the rest of the messy plotline. While she was kind of a central focus, Lydia was really more of a prop/plot device than a proper character.

It also makes me look at everyone leaving in a different light. It's one thing if people are leaving because they think it's the right move career wise and what not, but maybe everyone was just being professional and respectful when they departed and actually left because things are a mess. I mean, even Kira sounds like she's being professional and respectful even though it really sounds like they just tossed her character into the desert to be forgotten.

I'm definitely hesitant about the future of the show. Under normal circumstances I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they were just developing strong stories for everyone else and just recognized they had no idea what to do with Kira, but it really doesn't seem like that's the case. I sincerely hope they prove me wrong, and actually give Malia/Hayden/Lydia something worthwhile to do.

Apr 12, 2016
So i'm expecting a throwaway line in the vain of Jackson's departure to cover this one up

Why is it so hard for this show to keep regulars? i'm not saying Kira was this amazing character that i couldn't live without but i really won't be happy if Jeff Davis ousted Arden Cho out for ANOTHER love interest for Scott - or is there more to the story? Will Allison be returning in her place???

I love TW and although i wasn't too happy about the majority of season 5 - i think 6 should be it for this show

Too many cast members are leaving and by the end of season 6 we will probably be left with Liam and Hayden for Teen Wolf Too

I also can't understand why so many of the audiences are racking their brains about Danny - first off he was a minor character - a very unimportant one too (I guess it's the LGBT Community that loved him) - secondly, i'm surely he was a year older than the TW gang - so odds are he has graduated and got out of the Hellmouth, i mean Beacon Hills

Characters the audiences should care about are Jackson, Isaac and most importantly Derek - not a throwaway character like Danny who served no purpose other than to appease to the Gay Community
Apr 12, 2016
Danny wasn't important just because of the LGBT thing. Obviously it was a big part of it, especially since Danny as a character was openly gay, lacked any femininity (which is often a big problem with gays on tv) and was treated like everyone else exactly (which is hardly seen at all on tv)

But more than that, Danny had another streotype going on of the "regular human who is really close to the group yet outside the scooby gang" which believe it or not in a lot of cases becomes an audience favorite.
To a certain extent, the coach was pretty much the same (and equally loved in that manner)

And... of course... there's the fact that the actor was eye candy.
Eye candy? not for me

Secondly - 'regular human who is really close to the group yet outside the SG' - my point proven - that is what you call a MINOR character

I don't dislike Danny - but i just don't understand the love for him or why so many people question his wereabouts - NOT IMPORTANT IMO
Apr 17, 2016
Well, Eye Candy is a personal matter. I'm assuming by a scene they had back in season 2 where coach told them he doesn't want them getting soft and then he took off his shirt showing major abs that it was meant to point out some consider him eye candy.

And obviously he is still a minor character. But that doesn't mean he isn't a fan favorite. Minor characters can be liked as well. As I said, Coach is the same. Really minor character. Have you seen how many people went gaga over the annoncement that he would be back last season?
Apr 17, 2016
But i;m certain Danny was older than the original characters
Apr 17, 2016
Well, I couldn't stand Mason personally. But that's mostly because he is Danny #2. And I hated all clones of this show in general.

Well if Danny wouldn't have left, most likely he would have gotten that role anyway - since he left right before dropping the bomb that he knew about everything all along.
Apr 17, 2016
I'm not saying minor characters ain't loved - my point is Danny hasn't done enough to be this universally loved - i can't dislike him and but i just can't love him either

Mason actually had some development (and is actually funny) - Danny, not so much
Apr 12, 2016
I'd love to see Allison back...however they have to resurrect her. I'd also love to see Derek and Isaac back. Especially Isaac. He became one of my favorites.

I can't speak for anyone else but the reason I care so much about Danny is because of the reveal that he knew about werewolves. Then Jeff Davis lied and said "we haven't seen the last of Danny". Then nothing. None of the characters even spoke his name once. I think it will always bother me. Something as simple as having a character say that Danny went away for college would have given some kind of closure. Not the best but some.

I don't like Liam anymore (after the way he attacked Scott) and I can't stand Hayden. A show focused on these two is not a show that I would watch.
Apr 12, 2016
I've never really connected much with her character, but it's still kinda sad to see her leave. Still, at least she wasn't impaled by a kitana or anything... Ah well, as long as the show continues!
Apr 12, 2016
Jeff Davis already said for the show to have a future the current graduating class of seniors has to leave and the show would pick up with a new class of teens.

I could definitely see Jeff getting rid of Scott, Stiles and Lydia next season. Sort of like Skins (UK version of course).
Apr 13, 2016
Well I seriously hope that he doesn't write them off because if Scott isn't there than Stiles won't be there and I won't watch without Dylan on the show.
Apr 15, 2016
I won't watch without Scott, Stiles or Lydia
Apr 12, 2016
That's just stupid. Then again, considering how terribly written the last seasons were I'm not surprised. Let's consider similar shows:

Buffy moved on just fine after highschool. They tried to do the college thing for a single year, then everyone dropped out and had their regular daily lives.

Smallville skipped college all together, dropped the farm business and went straight to adult life in the big city

Tomorrow people, while not lasting more than a season, was smart enough to kill off anything relating to the "high-school" and attempting to convince us that Robbie Amell is 16...

Vampire Diaries tried to do the college thing, got bashed in the face of how stupid they think we are that any of them are attending classes and dropped it.

I can probably go on here all day. A lot of shows do the supernatural life of high school kids and then move on afterwards.

I don't see why Teen Wolf should be any different.
And Jeff Davis who clearly was a fan of a lot of those shows no that.

I think it's just an excuse and more likely, they are setting things up since the cast seems to be running far and away from this show that they have an excuse of "oh, it was planned all along"
More +
Smallville did the College years
Apr 12, 2016
But Smallville didn't skip college, we saw them in college, in season 5. Brainiac was Clark's professor during that time, Lana and Chloe shared a dorm room until Lana moved into Lex's place (correct me if I'm wrong on that one).
Apr 17, 2016
Ah, my mistake. Been a LONG time since then :)

Either way, the point remains the same. Shows seems fine even after highschool.
Apr 12, 2016
I read something similar but then it seemed like he backtracked and decided to keep it about Scott & Stiles.
That sounds awful - no Scott/Stiles - No show
Apr 12, 2016
It hurts the show I really am beginning to wonder if I am going to come back next season for this. Where did it all go wrong this show was known for its inclusivity but now seems completely incapable of writing compelling female character arcs.
That's easy. 2 reasons:

1) They became too successful. I always said this about this show. They were at their best when they were young and hungry and terrified of being cancelled at any minute. So they made a huge effort.

Now that it's a smash hit, they are so full of themselves they just don't give a carp anymore and toss out the first thing that comes to mind.

2) The show was originally about the young adult audience in general. But it clearly has shifted its focus. Let's just say it's less like Buffy and more like The Lair if you get my drift. Hence while females are being shoves aside.
Apr 12, 2016
Definitely a bummer, even though Kira has largely been relegated to a secondary character all along, she wasn't a bad character, and I certainly like Arden Cho herself. I wish her the best of luck in all future endeavors. I'm worried about Teen Wolf though... and I do think season 6 will be the last.
Apr 12, 2016
Wow, okay. So she basically left to get a handle on her powers, never to be heard of again? It would've been one thing if they'd followed that thread to its conclusion, but now it's just another loose end. Dislike.
Apr 12, 2016
Teen Wolf has been going to pot and it'd appear they're smoking it too! She's a decent character. Jeez so many shit sub characters of late and they don't thin that herd?
Apr 12, 2016
Literally did not mention Isaac at all
Staff
OMG. I am firing myself.
Staff
Apr 12, 2016
(Daniel Sharman has now been added to the list, though it was never really meant to be a complete list. I miss Isaac and his scarves all the time, so let's blame that mistake on it being Monday.)
Apr 12, 2016
We'll accept it this time... But one more infraction and you'll have to answer to Price.
Apr 12, 2016
You can also include Boyd/Sinqua Walls, Kate/Jill Wagner and Peter/Ian Bohen also.

They could fill a show with all the characters they've lost. :)
Apr 12, 2016
I would watch that show.
Apr 12, 2016
...You know what Teen Wolf? Admittedly I haven't even finished season 5 because I got so bored, but you are just making decision after creative decision that is NOT. GOOD.

And what the hell is going on behind the scenes that is driving away almost every single actor that's worked on the show?
Apr 12, 2016
If they needed to trim down the cast there are so many useless characters they could get rid of over Kira. What bullshit.
Apr 12, 2016
Like Danny - oh wait, he's already gone and people are whining over it
Apr 12, 2016
Agreed. If they've gotten rid of Kira to give other boring characters like Hayden more screen time I'll be especially annoyed.
Apr 12, 2016
I wish Hayden would have died. I can't stand her and her big ass jaws
Apr 11, 2016
Here's hoping this is a "back to basics" move aiming to bring the story lines tighter and focus more on the main three (as showcased in that sweet library table montage in the finale).
Apr 12, 2016
Hope's a good thing but logic says that they will most likely focus on the newer generation and try to fade the older characters out of the series, so that it can continue for more seasons.
Apr 11, 2016
I don't like how they're just writing her character out like this even if her character didn't really do much in the show.