The 10 Biggest TV Disappointments of 2013

As we're nearing the end of 2013, we're doing what what we do best at the end of each year and looking back at the last 365 days in TV. We've already memorialized the shows and characters we've lost, and we're still counting down the best television had to offer this year with our annual Top 100 Everything list. But just like with most things in life, television exists on a spectrum. There's good TV and there's bad TV. Not every show can be The Good Wife, you know? And sometimes we expect big things from a series, only to feel let down when things don't pan out. And so it's time to discuss this year's most unfortunate disappointments: What fell short for YOU this year? Check out our list, then let's hear yours in the comments!

Editors' Note: In related news, some TV.com users spent the better part of December celebrating the very worst TV of 2013. You can find the results here.

10. Under the Dome is a summer bummer

For those of us who'd never read the source material, it was hard to know what to expect from CBS's Under the Dome, but the basic facts—the show was based on a Stephen King novel, and Lost's Brian K. Vaughan was involved—had us pretty damn excited for some fun summer sci-fi. Unfortunately, Under the Dome was a hot mess that quickly had us tuning in for the wrong reasons—namely, to see what stupid things the residents of Chester's Mill would do next. Consistently confusing and full of dumb characters trapped in inane side plots, the series was a massive letdown, yet it still managed to become a huge ratings hit. As a result, CBS basically had no other choice than to order a second season, even though Under the Dome was initially billed as a "limited series event." So not only were we disappointed by the quality of the show, we were shocked that so many people watched it anyway, and now we're annoyed that it's coming back for another go-round. It's enough to make us want to rip the wings off a butterfly or smash a glowing egg.

9. The new fall shows are mostly duds

Aside from a couple true breakouts like Sleepy Hollow and The Blacklist, this fall's freshman class was severely lacking. There will always be shows that are quickly canceled (ahem, Ironside) and then even more quickly forgotten (sorry, Lucky 7), but this fall was duller than usual with regard to new shows. Maybe our standards were too high, or maybe the networks didn't receive all the hate mail we sent and that led to fewer cancellations of shows that deserved to die a swift death (Betrayal, Dads, Super Fun Night). Thank goodness the midseason looks strong.

8. The Following inspires cries of "Nevermore!"

There are several lessons to be learned from The Following, but the main one is that the combination of Kevin Bacon, murder, and a bunch of Edgar Allen Poe references do not a decent show make. The first couple episodes of The Following showed an inkling of promise—or at the very least, plenty of horror and gore—but somewhere along the line, the series forgot that TV shows have to make sense, FBI agents who are really bad at their jobs are not very compelling to watch, and highbrow (and often incorrect) literary allusions can get real cumbersome, real fast. We were initially intrigued by the possibility that any one of The Following's characters could turn out to be part of Joe Carroll's cult, but contrary to what the series would have you believe, not every plot problem is easily fixed by killing a bunch of people. In 2014, we'll be turning to Hannibal to get our murder-drama fix, not this garbage.

7. The Bridge crumbles

We had high hopes for this drama about a serial killer running rampant on both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border, but ¡Ay Caramba! Season 1 was broken. The series is guilty of one of the biggest crimes a new show can commit: It never established or maintained a consistent identity. At times it was a fascinating character study, at others it was brilliant social and cultural commentary, and for a few terrible episodes, it was another horrible sub-standard serial-killer drama with ridiculous murder plots. Tuning in each week was an unknown surprise, which is great for Hanukkah but not for a serialized drama. And the way the end of the season dragged, we're not exactly chomping at the bit for Season 2.

6. A Dan Harmon-less Community

If we're being honest, the fourth season of Community left a lot to be desired. The first three seasons were guided by Dan Harmon's careful hand, and even though they too they had their low points, they yielded some of the funniest and most ambitious TV episodes in recent years. After Harmon was ousted from his own show, NBC attempted to keep the Greendale flame alight, but something was... missing. The show was a shell of its former self, painted in broad strokes that lacked Harmon's trademark zaniness, and proving that there IS no Community without Dan Harmon. Thankfully, he's back on board for Season 5, and we're both eagerly and anxiously awaiting what is sure to be a return to form for the series, if the trailers are any indication.

5. People weren't kidding when they said Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. wouldn't be super

Earlier this year, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. looked like it was going to be THE show of the fall. I mean, it was a spin-off of one of the biggest blockbusters of 2012 and it was Joss Whedon's return to TV—how could we not look forward to such a series? The pilot was a great jumping-off point that introduced the team of agents, had real stakes, and successfully mixed action with Whedon's trademark quips. There was even a patented Whedon Meaning of Life Speech! But so far the series has failed to live up to the expectations we formed after the shiny, exciting premiere. While it isn't necessarily bad,  it's not exactly good, either. Perhaps the best way to put it is that S.H.I.E.L.D. is squandering its potential. With Marvel as a backer and Whedon attached—even if only slightly—the series should be much better than it actually is. Many of the characters are in sore need of development, the overarching storyline only pops in once every five episodes, and the series can't seem to balance its procedural and serialized elements. When the series is on it's on, but in 2013, it was too often off.

4. Netflix's resurrection of Arrested Development burns us like a Cornballer

For years, fans clamored for more Arrested Development, the comedy that went on to achieve cult status after Fox axed it in 2006. And for years, series creator Mitch Hurwitz and the cast said they wanted to make more Arrested Development. When it was finally confirmed that Netflix would produce a fourth season (to be released all at once!), the universe nearly imploded with glee and excitement. Suddenly, Netflix was good for more than just re-watching old episodes of Supernatural at 3am or for burning through obscure British films from the 1980s. But when Season 4 premiered in late May, it was met with mixed reactions. Some people absolutely loved it and wanted to marry it and have cute little babies with it because they were going to love it no matter what. But for many others, Season 4 was a chore to get through. Yes, there were still moments of brilliance—we certainly didn't hate it or anything—but since the new episodes were written with Netflix's binge-watching audience in mind, and since the production schedules made it very difficult for the cast to film together as an ensemble, Season 4 generally felt very disjointed and uneven. You almost had to watch it as one long movie, and it didn't help matters that most of the storylines didn't really come together until the end of the season. We know we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth or whatever, but sometimes, maybe we're better off letting our favorite shows live on in their respective DVD cases, and just accepting that what we once had was special.

3. Dexter's last stand

Is anyone actually surprised to see Dexter on this list after that series finale? By the time it reached its end, the series was like an ex who we knew was no good for us, but who we kept letting back into our hearts because they promised they'd be different. And for awhile, Dexter WAS different. But then the final season went off the rails somewhere around Episode 4, and the series finale was one big mess defined by historically stupid scenes (the whole sequence with Dex arriving at the hospital on his boat was something "special") and boring inaction. Capping the show with Dexter driving into a hurricane and somehow ending up in the Pacific Northwest acting out his best Brawny Man fantasies is about as dumb as dumb gets.

2. The opening act of Homeland's third season

Homeland started showing cracks [choose one: at the end of Season 1/halfway through Season 2/anytime Dana was on the screen/when Brody took a car-wash shower to wipe away the murder], so a quality drop in Season 3 wasn't totally unexpected. But oh lordy, Allah, and everyone else! Did anyone expect it to be THAT bad? The first third of the season was a total disaster full of aimlessness, audience trickery, and teen-girl rebellion that barely felt like it was part of the same show we were raving about during the first two seasons. And now that Season 3 is over, the flaws in this opening act are even more glaring. Can anyone explain why we needed to see Dana trade in her mom's car? What was the real importance of Brody's heroin addiction? The middle of the season fared only slightly better, and by the time the end of it righted the ship, it was too late. The first four episodes of Homeland Season 3 left a Langley-bombing-sized crater that the show is still struggling to drag itself out of.

1. The start of New Girl Season 3 has us threatening to break up with the series

After one of the finest—and funniest—seasons of television in recent memory, the downslide New Girl took in the first half of Season 3 was one of the year's toughest pills to swallow. It's one thing to be disappointed when a series doesn't live up to its hype (ahem, S.H.I.E.L.D.), and it's simply crushing to be let down by something you know can be truly great. New Girl's second season, led by the budding romance between Nick and Jess, consistently left us in danger of peeing our pants with laughter. So what happened in Season 3? Many people have blameed Nick and Jess's relationship for the show's troubles, but it goes deeper than that. Schmidt dating both Elizabeth and Cece was a terrible decision that took Schmidt from douche to Douche, making his character almost unlikable at times. And as much as it pains me to say it, Damon Wayans Jr.'s Coach has messed with the chemistry of the loft. Here's hoping 2014 treats everyone better.

What's on YOUR list of 2013's biggest TV disappointments?

Your review of Dexter is "as dumb as dumb gets." Just because you didn't get the happy ending you wanted doesn't mean the ending was bad. Yes, Dexter being able to walk out with a dead body the way he did was far fetched, as was Dexter's inability to make any attempt to disguise Hannah's appearance. But people who think the writers were just punishing Dexter are wrong. Dexter made the decision he did because he finally came full circle as a human being and realized he'd only cause trouble for those he loved. I admit he probably should of left Harrison with his brothers and sisters. And I strongly disagree that the season was bad after episode 4, I was entertained, and that's all TV is for anyway, quit living through your TV characters as though they're real, it's not your intellectual property(Xenatorres). I bet all you haters are the same people who think George Lucas ruined your Star Wars. Yeah Dexter was better in the earlier seasons, but what great inventive show doesn't lose steam after awhile?
As hard as i try i can not get into The Blacklist, to me it still has too much of the "crime of the week" theme to it - find/catch a killer every episode. I guess I wanted it to focus more on the characters instead. The Following was a huge disappointment as well as Under the Dome. The Bridge had high hopes as it seemed to be one of those dark thriller/dramas that I like but the main characters are not convincing enough to me. Can't wait for The Bates Motel to return and Black Sails.
Shouldn't Ferguson alone get New Girl off the list? Yeah, I'm in denial. I know this. I'm gonna stay in denial about S.H.I.E.L.D. too while I'm at it.

agent of shield is the worst.
under the dome wasnt that bad. I think they tried. Most of you haters are the guys who have read the book. the two shouldnt be compared.
Well, how can you not compare ? I've read the book and yes I did compare the show to it, but even if I haven't - c'mon, it was a disaster. I've seen many movies and TV shows based on books and not all of them have been that tedious and disastrous. They just blew this one.
I haven't read the book and I agree with every single thing they said. The hubby thought it was a train-wreck too.
I totally agree with you guys 100% for Under the Dome what a bore.
DEXTER should be #1. also disappointed that the awesome happy endings got canned.
new girl became a hassle to watch i dont think i will keep up with it in 2014
I mean, I love Damon Wayans Jr. He was on Happy Endings. I loved him on Happy Endings. But New Girl isn't Happy Endings. It's good but it's not the same and it just doesn't feel like he really has a place on the show (which makes me sad). I kind of want him gone (but I still want him on TV) so, basically, bring back Happy Endings.
Seconded! we just need a third & Happy Endings will magically come back due to the power of the internetz!

i actually never watched new girl, but i know HE is way better.
I think this is the first time I've ever completely and wholeheartedly agreed with one of these lists.
I loved season 1 of New Girl but I quickly quit the show during season 2 when they brought Nick and Jess together. I just don't like them as a couple.

I truly can't stand Under the Dome. I gave up after four or five episodes. It was so awful.
I broke up with New Girl after season 3's third episode :(
that's about where I quit too. I don't miss it.
I do miss it :(
I still think Homeland can rebound. I really think the lost of Henry Bromell in March of last year had a major impact on the show. What gives me hope for Homeland is that there were glimpses of brilliance in Season 3. Can't believe that Damian is gone.

Great picture of Dexter! That sums it up for me. Is this what we've become? Killing Deb was messed up. Grasping at straws.

I like The Following even though Annie Parisse died, again! I'm looking forward to Season 2.

Agree with you on New Girl, S.H.I.E.L.D. and the others.

My number one disappointment of 2013 was the the Red John reveal on The Mentalist. It was like wanting a puppy for your birthday when you were a kid and getting a sweater instead. Very disappointing.

Great post, as always.
I'm always surprised when I read pieces about Marvel's Agents of Shield. I like to think I have taste (see, Fringe, Elementary, Orange is the New Black sometimes, Battlestar Galactica), and yet I seem to be having the opposite reactions as anyone else to this series. My anticipation was low for it, because Marvel's movies are getting tiresome, because of the white male-ness of it all, because of macho-ness and explosions, and because Coulson was supposed to be a side character and I knew nothing about him. I also didn't think the pilot was good. The square-jawed male "I work alone" agent, the too-meta fangirl/activist of Skye, the references, the flying car, etc. But I kept watching, and I'm so glad I did. I saw Skye actually get a character in a plot that seems cliché if you outline it but has definitely got potential and will change Skye--I have my own theories, but I honestly don't know what the show will do with it. I liked the development of Mr. Square Jaw. Fitz-Simmons are a great team. May is an incredible character, and a very rare female character. The May/Ward reveal was sweet and made so much sense it astounded my consumer expectations and delighted me endlessly, not to mention shedding light on both their characters. Every episode gets better, and the midseason finale was so, so good. It's far better at its serial/long arc blending than, say, Supernatural, where for the last like, 6 seasons the explanations of why they are chasing a monster when the world's about to be destroyed are pretty threadbare. Here it makes sense. Let's not forget the representation of women and non-white characters, see Melinda May, Skye, Girl in the Flower Dress, etc. I don't get why people aren't raving about it, especially the pro-fans online.
Thank god for this post, I was already questioning myself on account of me being a fan of this show, but I'm not aloneafterall
Dexter of course (granted, it was the only thing on this list I watched). I was so disppointed and furious with the ending that I just spent the last few days recutting the entire season into a storyline I could enjoy. I hope it can bring some fellow Dexter fans the closure we deserved:

I was of course limited to actual footage, but I hope fans enjoy it!

The blacklist is absolutely superb BTW.

I like Homeland and I don't think it should be on the list IMHO
Dexter's finale was terrible. The whole "He needs to pay for his crimes" concept the writers spoke of is a load of horse crap. The Central bankers that stole trillions from the people and in union with their political, corporate and military industrial pals are murdering millions in the middle East, Africa and poor families across the world with their order out of chaos world government takeover aren't paying for their actions.

None of them have paid for genuinely evil crimes, why should Dexter pay for doing society a service?

I agree, especially since HANNAH gets a happily ever after? Um....the writers do recall she killed way more innocent people than Dexter, right?
He didn't. What are you talking about?
i could scream when I read the nonsense about Arrested Development especially when I read the line "...end of the season" Someone simply didn't get the frigging concept. It is not a season and was never meant to be season it was one giant episode with many vantage points. Arrested Development was as clever and hilarious as ever and was meant to be watched in only a few sittings.
I guess I just take it for granted that Kaitlin and I have a different understanding in EVERYTHING.

I do like Shield, totally agree with The Dome, and couldn't care less for the rest.
I really enjoyed The Bridge and The Following ( yeah okay the FBI isnt that awesome but who cares - and yes the whole point of the Bridge got destroyed because in the end the killer was just an old revenge-friend who didnt care about the border and the problems and the 2 last episodes were pretty useless) BUT I still enjoyed it and I think season 2 will be good.
AND BTW: TV.com PLLEEASSE bring this awesome .gif from the bridge and the naked guy back every now and then I LOVE IT =)

Dexter - OMG I cant even say anything anymore, like the awesome grumpyclown wrote: A FUC***** Lumberjack ;))

Homeland: oh it was horrible, but Tim's Reviews: LOVED IT made me laugh a lot

Also with Under the Dome, its shit but the reviews... ah they make my day everytime !
Excellent article, every point is spot on, I've experienced all of these 1st hand except New Girl that I abandoned after Season 1. SHIELD is interesting, I couldn't watch more than a handful of episodes due to extreme boredom so I was unaware that there is now widespread acceptance that the show is a disappointment - about time.
still can't believe i sat through all those episodes of under the dome. that show was such a let down. sure, i wasn't expecting breaking bad levels of quality or excitement but shit it was truly terrible.
also... hostages is the worst thing on TV ever.
Agents of Shield is o.k. t.v. but it ain't great television like Arrow! I really wanted the show to WOW me like some of the comic book movies I go see! I feel Shield is more geared towards a younger audiences therefore seeing very little risks in the storytelling as oppose to Arrow which in my opinion is geared towards an older audience with it's darker, grittier tone and risk-taking stories.For me,Shield should be more like Strikeback or NCIS or maybe have more of a James Bond/Mission Impossible vibe going but in a comic book world! As for comedies,still have my 2 faves(Big Bang Theory & 2 Broke Girls) but overall it's been a disappointment,and these days I just watch classic sitcoms for my laughs(can't go wrong with Cheers,Taxi,Golden Girls,Night Court,Three's Company,etc...)
Staff
I definitely think you're on to something about SHIELD's audience. Because it's at 8pm on ABC, it definitely has to be more family friendly. Plus, when it comes down to it, comic books are inherently more geared to younger minds. It's not to say that adults don't enjoy them too, but making a series based in the world of comics and having it at air at 8pm definitely means it has to be marketable to children and adults alike. I think many of us have just grown accustomed to the darker, grittier stories anymore.
Dexter - well, it started off with an interesting 3 episodes for me and then slowly ground down my expectations leaving only the faint and desperate hope for the final episode to be decent. TPTB took that hope and put a chainsaw through it with even more crappy writing than the previous 6 episodes and that's before we even got to the ending sequences. I could even see what they were trying to do and I could have maybe come to sort of agree with their interpretation but it was just horribly horribly and again horribly written and as such I am trying to erase any recall of watching Dexter's final season.

Comedies have been another disappointment, really tried with The Michael J. Fox Show (watched 5 episodes) but too nondescript and just bland. Enjoy for the most part The Goldbergs but not really must see tv, the rest are just not my type of humour.

Upsides to the 10 Biggest TV Disappointments of 2013 (for me)

I bailed out of Dome and Shield after the first 3 episodes episodes from sheer boredom and not being able to lower my expectations far enough in so short a time - but actually read the reviews and comments in hopes it got better (Shield) or for the laughs (Dome). Now reading Shield reviews for 50% hope it improves and other 50% for the laughs.

The Following - I've had a lot fun reading the reviews here and elsewhere and the comments, and even some hilarous podcasts. So might even actually watch both season 1 and the upcoming season 2 for some comedy.

Homeland - still skim some of the reviews and get a half decent chuckle some times, still glad I dropped it halfway through season 1.

The rest of the shows on the list - have never watched.
Good post.

I knew MJF would be a three hankie fest, and as much as I love Garlin - I Want Someone To Eat Cheese With is fun - I avoid network comedies. BBT burned me, and I adore Parsons. I hate R. Williams with almost as many suns as I hate Enlightened, so of course I knew to stay away from that one.

Don't watch the rest either. Dexter and Homeland - worst fuck ups of promising shows in the history of television. SO much potential, not to mention awesome actors, wasted by asshole writers and dickhead showrunners.
In S.H.I.E.L.D's defense, it looked pretty disappointing from the title on. "Back to the future" had better visual effects on his delorean than S.H.I.E.L.D on his pilot's flying car :)
From that list that I have watched and feel disappointed:

+ Under the Dome: feel embarrassed for some of the cast (they deserved better)
+ The Following: love Kevin Bacon but could not stomach the show!
+ Community: felt like crying :-( like when a wave destroys your marvelous sand castle...

The rest either did not watch or did not feel particularly disappointed....
Both Vampire Diaries and Teen Wolf were disappointing to me.
Vampire Diaries seems like it struggling to find plot ideas. They've literally ran the doppelganger story into the grave, three times. The Augustine storyline is stupid since they don't seem to have the balls to follow through with any of it. Caroline has become bitchy and whiney and I'm tried of hearing her cry about Damon. Stefan is boring as all hell. The actor looks bored playing the character. Tired of Damon putting himself down to make Elena seem too perfect for him. Elena has always been boring, and the chemistry between them has been failing to thrill me as of late. They had more heat last season. What happened?

Teen Wolf seemed like it wasn't quite prepared to handle a 24 ep. season. The alpha pack and druid storyline dragged on week after week with little development. Also, Scott bored me with his "I've got to remain the goody-good guy" routine. I'd find him more interesting if his killed the evil instead of letting it live to wreck havoc again. If it weren't for the bad buys, the villain would have lived to raise hell another day fooling around with Scott's lame ass. I didn't care for the fight scenes either when they were so ONE sided all of the time. Where was the give and take victories? Derek was an alpha, they act like that didn't mean a damn thing. I'm really hoping the second half raises the stakes.
I agree with everything. The new shows were mostly bad, and the returning shows all came back severely injured. At least January 2014 looks awesome.
I actually really liked the new season of arrested development....

I do agree with the negativity against SHIELD. It was so horrible. Just so horrible.
I agreed with de finale of Dexter
I loved Under the Dome - it's horrible, awful, and just weird, but it's a really fun "I have nothing better to do and feel like watching something that doesn't require thought" show.

I disagree about Agents of Shield. I really like it, but there are some things it could do to..uh..be better.
Under the dome was excllent,captured the true stefan king feel,but other then hardcore fans ,other people would just not get it...my suggustion ,try reading couple of his books before criticim on this show..
I've read his books. I like them a lot. I've read Under the Dome. The show is just bad, whether you're a fan or not.
The whole entire Drama Tv category, is an biggest disappointed on airwaves...
All i've been watching is cancellation and changes after next left & right...
The whole entire Drama Tv category, is an biggest disappointed on airwaves...

It's been that way since Homicide went off the air. The overpriced pay channels are a little better, but not much.
Well, Drama Tv most definitely transform into disappointed with changes and cancellation after next left & right with their viewership ratings... After good drama shows such as Lois & Clark, The X-Files, 7th Heaven and even more from their time....

I believe it always have been that way after since 7th Heaven, family drama ended into 2006... I don't really recall saying 7th Heaven is a completely whole Drama show at all... It has the whole package of being a Family. drama and including comedy humor to the table... Such as same like to Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman has as well also...
Marvel's Agents of Shield sucked like big time! Under the Dome was ridiculous. I actually grew to like The Bridge. I actually enjoyed the ending of Homeland
I agree, and for me The Bridge has no place on this list- I actually gave it to my brother as a Christmas gift!
Under The Dome - STICK TO THE BOOK.
Arrested Development was disappointing, in hind sight they could have cut it down to a 6 episode run.
Good description of Agents of Shield too sadly, " While it isn't necessarily bad, it's not exactly good, either. "
Homeland sucked balls, they missed the perfect ending in season 1.

Homeland sucked balls

Amen, brudda!
i liked the new Arrested develpment!
I'll have to agree with the re-additon of Coach to New Girl throwing things off. I LOVE Damon Wayans Jr. He's incredibly funny and, stand alone, he works, but the cast has gelled into what it is and it's like trying to ram an odd piece back into the puzzle where it doesn't fit. We all know only Winston is terrible at puzzles, so (and it pains me to say it) get rid of Coach ASAP.

But please bring DW Jr back to TV somewhere.
I forgot... Once upon a time... big disappointment for me.
Loved the first Season, but cannot stomach it anymore
I loved season one of OUaT, even though it was riddled with inconsistencies. I think the problem is that there were so many mistakes back then and we, the fans, let them get away with it. The show got worse and worse until I was so disgusted with it that I was mad at myself for ever watching it in the first place. I don't think I made it halfway through season two.
For the others I don´t know, because I don´t watch see series, but for following: Dexter, Under the dome, SHIELD, and especially New girl I was so dissapointed. What were the writers thinking? Were they thinking at all or were they baked apes?
For me the biggest disappointments were: Dexter's finale and Homeland's 3rd season.
Both shows were shows that I used to love and I guess that because of it and because at one point they were great shows and you know the potential they had, it hurts more to see them fail.

I would agree that the worst disappointment when it comes to new shows was Marvel: Agents of Shield. The reason is clear: High Expectations.
When you put the names Marvel and Whedon together you are hoping to watch a great show, a show that is going to be pure entertainment. My personal opinion is that the show is poorly written and a tad boring.
I think the same (or even worse) about other new shows (Mom, OUAT in Wonderland, Betrayal...), but because I didn't have any kind of expectations about these shows I guess it hurts less to admit that I find them boring.
I don't watch a lot of the shows that are mentioned above, so I will just mention what I think was the worst letdown: the Mentalist show in which Red John was revealed. Bad, bad, bad. I will agree that The Bridge turned out to be one of the most awkward shows I have ever seen on TV. The actors tried but the material was so bad.
I LOVE the mentalist, YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!! lol

But yeah the whole RJ thing was a huge let down, it was so bad it made fans like me want to projectile vomit on the shows writers.
This comment has been removed.
Just watched the last four episodes of Marvel: AoS after shelving it for a while. It's not terrible, just a bit slow to get it's legs . I'm hoping things improve next year.

I'm glad I read this post though because I was thinking about watching season three of Homeland, even though I don't really want to as I think Brody should have died in season one. Now I never have to think of this stupid show again. Thanks.

As for Under the Dome, I would have watched all the episodes had it not been given a second season. I bailed after The Fourth Hand as It just got too crazy.
cant believe some people are making only $77 while others are making $86 O_O.

Just kidding. those ads are so annoying. Please flag them so that the TV.com staff will notice them and remove them accordingly. So what was i trying to type here? lets see... urm...

Oh! the first few ep of Person of Interest were kinda a disappointment.. and some eps of HIMYM was sub-par too..
We appreciate the help, though a quick heads up that copying common spam text into your comments *could* easily cause us to remove your posts by mistake as we clean up spam in bulk.
Isn't a SPAM filter available? It is 2014, and I am not computer savvy, but hasn't such a thing been invented by the techno geeks?
My biggest disappointment is that MGM still has not brought back Stargate!
I'd like MGM to bring back the roaring lion in black and white.
Marvel: Agents of Shield - hands down, no contest. Bitterly disappointed with this show. :(
Right

"first half of Season 3 was one of the year's toughest pills to swallow. It's one thing to be disappointed when a series doesn't live up to its hype"
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Following and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D!!! Each to their own I guess...
That's the problem with Critics, they believe that their opinion is the only one. Sure S.H.I.E.L.D's live numbers are dismal but the OD and Hulu numbers put it over the top. I'm confident that it will improve 100 fold in the second half.
Staff
If you go back and read my weekly reviews, I've generally liked Agents of Shield this season, but it has definitely not lived up to its potential.

Ummmmmmmmmm, noooooooooooooooooo. That's the problem with ALL human beings, they believe that their opinion is the only one. To wit: the religious wars since time immemorial.

Oh, and you just proved my point. Duh.

Oh, part deux, and my opinion is the only one that matters. The Dexter finale and all of Enlightened were the worst television shows in the history of television.
Wow I must be out of the loop because i liked Under the Dome, The Following, and Homeland
I knew from the start that Agents of SHIELD (I'm not going to bother with the periods between letters) would be a disappointment. You just can't adapt a movie like The Avengers into a TV serial. Some decent performances, but on the whole the show absolutely stinks. Agree with Dexter's last season being a let down, and needless to say Under the Dome was so horrible it FORCED you to keep watching (as if YOU were under its dome). I didn't find The Bridge all that bad, but it did kind of grow stale about half-way through. The other shows I don't watch.
I don't personally see Agents of SHIELD as a disappointment, but I have had to adjust my expectations going forward. I knew it wouldn't be about supers, even The Avengers really only had the one SUPERHERO in Thor, and maybe Hulk, the rest were just humans with heightened abilities or a suit to wear... but seems like all the stories they could tell might be tangled up in the superhero storylines Marvel also has, or they just don't have the rights to go there.
Load More Comments