The 32nd Annual People's Choice Awards

peopleschoiceawards_header2.jpg

Without further ado, here are the winners for the television categories – were your favorites chosen?

Favorite Male TV Star – Ray Romano, Everybody Loves Raymond

Favorite Daytime Talk Show Host – Ellen DeGeneres, The Ellen DeGeneres Show

Favorite Reality Show Competition - American Idol

Favorite Female TV Star - Jennifer Garner, Alias

Favorite TV Comedy - Everybody Loves Raymond

Favorite TV Drama - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Favorite Late Night Talk Show Host – Jay Leno, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Favorite Reality Show - Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

Favorite New TV Comedy - My Name is Earl

Favorite New TV Drama - Prison Break

I didn't watch it I'm sick of these actors, all they do is kiss each others butts and then force soem sort of agenda, ie. politics, hocking some product, don't steal movies so they can make another million dollars, because instead of taking the money lost from stolen movies away from the rich actors, they take it away from the hard working crew, and then use that fact to say they aren't getting paid because people are stealing movies. It's just lame, and it's sad that there are so many people who live by what these phonies say and think.
Favorite Male TV Star- Tom Welling, Smallville
Favorite Daytime Talke Show Host-Opra
Favorite Reality Show Competition-Amazing Race
Favorite Female TV Star- Erica Durance, Smallville
Favorite TV Comedy- What I like About You
Faovirte TV Drama- Prison Break
Faovite Reality Show- The Real World
Favoite New TV Comedy- My Name is Earl
Faovire New TV Drama- Prison Break

Often smaller TV Shows that are just as good if not better sometimes are forgotten....so these were my picks
Maybe if they could put favorite cartoon I don't know just making it so it might be better.
Yes Prison Break deserved that and im glad to see CSI up there, would have liked to see some 24 up there as well but ya can't win em all.
ray romano, lol
I agree with Prison Break 100% I was a little surprise Raymond won when it hasn't been on in a while, but I guess that was their going away present.
I think that the Show CSI is the best show - it is my favorites. Ray Romano is a good actor - it´s ok to get him to favorites.
It could have been worse.... at least Jennifer Garner got female tv star and CSI got TV drama.
My favorite TV Drama: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, LOST, HOUSE, NCIS !!!!
CSI won!
I'm very happy with it, they beated the Housewives!
Go CSI !!!!

I'm so glad CSI got the award for favorite TV Drama, and congrats to Jen for favorite female TV star, well deserved I say.

And I'm glad that desperate houswives was snubbed for a change, I don't know what all the fuss is about. CSI Rules!!
i wish how i met your mother won the best new comedy. But i guess my ame is earl deserves it. At least Raymond won. Best comedy ever. And what happend to Lost. Wasnt even nominated. But housewives was???? whats up with that. And Seth from O.C is funnier then any one on deperate housewives. Ok im gonna go calm down
According the comments left by the TV.com community, it seems like community members do not reflect the average of American people.
Somebody was smokin' something when they came up with this list!
Congrats to:
Jennifer and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
But can someone explain to me how Lost didnt win Favorite TV Drama WHAT????
And the People's Choice for favourite band goes to...

GREEN DAY

And those boys certainly kick sh*t all over the bloody try-hards of American Idol...

The American Idiot YMCA bunny is a better performer than the American Idol people...
That list is terrible, what is wrong with you people?

Everybody Loves Raymond?!? I worry about the mental health of this sites viewers if that is rated best comedy.
I really enjoyed the show except I'm sorry to say I missed the opening. The host was for the most part funny, George Lopez was not, My Name is Earl won and I thought it should have. Everybody loves Raymond has seen its time and the voters should move on to the shows that are actually on TV working every week to bring the best show they can to the screen. Besides I always thought Raymond was too much of a whiner, Robert was always my favorite on the show. I was thrilled for Jennifer Garner, American Idol, but disappointed that Commander in Chief didn't win.
Jay Leno is not my favorite, his "jokes" are too cruel and mean spirited. I have never felt humor was worth the laugh at someone else's expense. He really likes to put down people who are overweight and other personal features. So I was disappointed he won, David Letterman would have been better along with Carson Daly
I love Curb your Enthusiasm. It is hilarious, but maybe it doesn't appeal to everyone.Too bad!
Just a question? Where are the Warner Brothers Shows and why don't they even show up. Not saying they should win, just why are they not even in the running?
Prison Break deserves favorite new drama! GO WENTWORTH MILLER!!!!!!!!1
Kiefer should have won. And Lost should have been nominated for best drama. Arrested Development should have been nominated as well. How can people
vote for Crap like American Idol. And believe it or not, there are far better shows than CSI. The only wins I'm happy about are Prison Break, My Name is Earl, and Jennifer Garner. And the fav tv comedy/drama catagories were obviously going to PB and Earl because the other shows in those chatagories ****ed(well, Chris stood a chance).
Stupid Revenge of the Sith won best movie, come on.
Everybody Loves Raymond is just rubbish. Other sitcoms such as Arrested Development or Family Guy should have won.
Also I thought George Lopez went overbroard with the Nick Lachey comment but he was right about 'Hazzard', awful movie. And I agree with sunnymerilee I felt Jessica Simpson's voice was breathy too.
I thought the show was nice. My Name is Earl and Prison Break were predictable for winning New TV Comedy and New TV Drama. I voted for 'Chief' and 'Mother' instead. I feel 'Chief' should have won but 'Prison' is a good show, as for 'Earl" it has its moments but it's not my favorite. I felt the more exciting 'Survior' should have won over the mildly interesting 'Idol'. I was glad Desperate Housewives didn't win. I'm not a big fan of the show, no offense to those who are, but I felt that Teri Hatcher should have won because she gives a good performance. I was glad Jen Garner won though she's pretty cool.
All in all I thought the show was great but I wish Law & Order: SVU should have won this time but CSI is pretty good. I felt bad for Ray Romano's twin boys, he embrassed them. Shame on him.
Oh my God!! Every single thing on here is crap except for the winning actresses.
So happy Ellen and Jennifer Garner won I love them. I have to agree with thegarz Jon Stewart is funnier than jay but what do I know.
Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm should have been there
I actually enjoyed the telecast, except for George Lopez. The show was much better than the gay critics awards on WB the night before. I don't know why some people can't understand why "Everybody Loves Raymond" was eligible. The show had original episodes in the last year, including a classic series finale episode in May. I think it's more of a joke when Golden Globes announced nominations for movies that weren't even released yet. Plus, "Raymond" was the best comedy on TV. Nothing this season comes close. And the "Arrested Development" fans should realize that it can not win because people simply don't watch it.

I would have preferred the funnier "How I Met Your Mother" over "My Name is Earl" in the new comedy category. "Criminal Minds" is a very well made show that is is worthy of nomination -- it's often more entertaining than the many dragging filler episodes that plague "Lost" on Wednesdays at 9. I think the timing of the voting influences the "New" show categories. The shows that have early premiere dates (like "Earl," "Prison Break" and "Commander in Chief") or an early massive publicity campaign (like "Earl" and "Everybody Hates Chris") ALWAYS have a decided advantage.

It's good that "CSI" gets some recognition from this awards show. It consistently is the most watched show on television because it is consistently great. And yes, that means more people choose to watch it than "Lost" or "Desperate Housewives" or every other show week after week.
*yeay* Jennifer!!!!!!!!!
I think the favorite daytime talk host should have been Oprah.
Favorite TV Comedy - How I Met Your Mother
Come on, Kristen Bell for favorite Female TV Star.. Seriously..
GO CSI!!! Um....who accepted the award, anybody know?
I agree with everything but American Idol and My Name is Earl... I'm a die hard Survivor fan and always will be I guess...
The Ellen DeGeneres Show: Ellen is funny, and keeps it real. Her show is lively and keeps me interested enough, even if I don't know a whole lot about the celebrities she chats with.

American Idol: I like the auditions and the finale, but I don't watch it regularly. However, it beats reality shows like "America's Next Top Model" and "Swan". I hate reality competitions on TV, but American Idol is my top choice.

Everybody Loves Raymond: I would've chosen Friends, even though they're not making any more new episodes.

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: I've never seen it, but I hate reality shows, for multiple reasons that I won't bother to fit in here. I wouldn't have chosen anything for this award.
Saw "My Name is Earl " the first episode on friday night in the UK. Sooooooo cannot wait to see more. Funniest thing I've seen on tv for a long time.
Favorite New TV Comedy - My Name is Earl, SPOT ON.
Where is Lost and Arrested Development??? CSI and Ray Romano... what is wrong with you people!!
Congrats to CSI and Prison Break.
3 words...

WHERE WAS LOST???

Also...

Letterman > Leno
The Office > Raymond (how could they still be nominated?)
Earl deserved Best New Comedy.
Any award ceremony that does not grant Arrested Development Best (or Favorite or whatever) Comedy is completely without merit.
Wow- i would not have voted for any of these winners- I would not have nominated most of them. Everbody Loves Raymond is terrible.
This will still be my favorite awards show because it gave so many awards to FRIENDS, my favorite show. This show is very predictable as to who will win, especially when it comes to the TV categories...just watch the Nielsen ratings or listen to the cheers.

I had no doubt that Ray Romano would win Favorite Male TV Star. I was a little surprised that Everybody Loves Raymond still won for Favorite TV Comedy...I would have liked to see the Simpsons win...but still, I don't mind.

I knew that Ellen DeGeneres would win because even though I love Regis and Kelly, I just know people think they are too much sometimes. And Oprah didn't do anything special this year, so yeah, no awards for her.

I was also sure that American Idol would win for Reality Show Competition cause no way would FearFactor get the award. Survivor comes close, but still, American Idol never has a bad season.

Favorite Female TV Star Jennifer Garner sounds very appopriate. Teri Hatcher could have won if Desperate Housewives was better this year, but no way could Jennifer Love Hewitt win.

Favorite TV Drama was also obvious with CSI.

And I voted for the Favorite New TV Comedy and Drama, and both of them I got right. I felt sorry for How I Met Your Mother and Commander in Chief, but I didn't think Criminal Minds should even be up there.

It ****s that I can't/shouldn't talk about the movies, but I just want that I'm so happy for Reese Witherspoon. She won the Critic's Choice Award and now People's...and I have high hopes that she would win the Golden Globes and Oscar.

And as far as music, Green Day and Kelly Clarkson is awesome and very obvioius winners, though I wished Toby Keith won for Favorite Male Performer. Plus, Jessica Simpson won for her movie song just because she looks great, not because the song was any good.

As far as presentations, Craig Ferguson was pretty good, I had a few laughs with him. But wasn't George Lopez crazy funny? I felt kinda sorry for Jessica Simpson being attacked, but I still laughed.
I know, it's like Ray Romano said last night, 'How am I still elligible for this?!'

But the show stunk! I mean, Craig Furgusen was a good host...but Jessica Simpson?! yeah, 'Demure Christian Girl' my foot! Someone please get a cane and force her off the stage! How the heck does she win 'Best Original Song'...she can't even sing! Her voice was breathly and dumb!

George Lopez..his monolauge took forever..and did he actually CURSE?! Thank God for 5 second time delays!

OK..how were the people that voed for Extreme Makeover: Hone Edition?!?! HOME EDITION, HOME EDITION...THAT'S ALL I EVER HEAR!!! Whyt he heck wasn't SUPERNANNY given the award?! Her show is twenty times better..a HUNDRED tim,es better!!!! I voted and voted and voted every single day..often at differnet computers..up to thre times a day!!! And she STILL didn't win!!! Now we'll never, ever see her again!!! Tjhis was supposed to be HER year! Furgusen doesn't need that on his mantle..HIS BULLHORN IS ON HIS MANTLE!! Oh that's IT! now I am NOT watching ANYTHING on channel 7...NO WAY!! I'd go to FOX!!
The show was really, really bad..
Yeah, Ray Romano said it best when he pointed out, 'How am I still elligible for this?!'

But I'd like to get my hands on the sadists that voted for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition! WHERE IS SUPERNANNY?!?! THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE JPO FROST'S YEAR!! SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO WIN THIS!!
My God, I voted on the websiite over and over and over again..up to three times a day for Supernanny...and she STILL didn't win!!! Home Edition, Home Edition...that's all I ever hear!!! I AM SICK OF GAY-GUY-WITH-A-BULLHORN!!!
This was Jo's year!!! Now we'll never ever see Supernanny again!!!

The show ****ed!! Jessica Simpson...someone get a cane and jack her off the stage please!!! Demure Christian Girl,my butt!! And WHAT was George Lopez smoking? His monolauge took forever..and did he actually CURSE?! Maybe it's better that Jo wasn't there than!

Craig Furgusen didn't do too bad...but the rest of she show stunk! Now Jo will NEVER win an award..she deserves it more than gay-guy-with-the-bullhorn! But at this rate we'll never see her again..scuse me, I gotta go cry....:(
Here's my list:

Favorite Reality Show Competition - Survivor
Favorite Reality Show Other - MythBusters (Not Nominated)
Favorite TV Comedy - The Office (Not Nominated)
Favorite TV Drama - Lost (Not Nominated)
Favorite Late Night Talk Show Host – Letterman
Favorite New TV Comedy - My Name is Earl
Favorite New TV Drama - Prison Break
Come on people. Raymond hasn't even been on TV for 2 years now!!! There's got to be something better by now.
Load More Comments