The 4-Episode Test, Fall 2012 Edition, Part 1: Last Resort, Revolution, Go On, and More

By now, you likely know the drill: Series pilots are often terrible. Not only do they tend to be overstuffed with exposition, but many storylines require a few episodes to get off the ground. However, once a show hits the four-week mark (assuming it lives that long), it's a bit easier to tell whether it's going to be satisfying in the long run. And so we here at TV.com have vowed to always stick with a new show for at least four episodes, no matter the quality of its pilot, for better or for worse. So, now that we're a good chunk of the way through many of this season's freshmen series, here's what we're sticking with and what we're deleting from our DVRs.

Note: We're still catching up on/waiting for fourth episodes of several of the season's new shows—including Elementary, Vegas, The Mindy Project, Arrow, and more—are missing from this list. We'll post a follow-up to this story in a couple weeks.

Episode ratings are out of five stars.

666 Park Avenue

Episode 1: ★ Episode 2: ★ Episode 3: ★ Episode 4: ★★

Verdict: Quit watching.

If I'm being honest, there were brief moments in the fourth episode when 666 Park Avenue showed a spark of promise. Those moments accounted for maybe four minutes of its 42-minute runtime, but still, the fourth episode was better than the three episodes that preceded it. Boring, uninspired, and misguided in equal measure, way too much of this show relies on a tenant-of-the-week setup when it needs to be firmly in tight serialized form a la TVD or American Horror Story. Instead we get the main character repeatedly having ghostly encounters but then apparently going brain-damaged in between episodes and forgetting everything so that she can become spooked anew. For the most part the characters are simultaneously flat and unlikable, and the supernatural elements are just incredibly uninspired. As much as it pains me to criticize a show with Terry O'Quinn as a lead, this one is just so beneath him and I can't wait until he has something better to do. —Price Peterson

Ben and Kate

Episode 1: ★★★ Episode 2: ★★★★ Episode 3: ★★ Episode 4: ★★★★★

Verdict: Keep Watching.

For me Ben and Kate is the big surprise of the season. I went from being initially pretty underwhelmed by the pilot (although I came around on second viewing) to being impressed by the second episode and then slightly disappointed by the third. But the fourth episode, in which the gang threw Kate a several-years-too-late, make-up 21st birthday bash, nearly blindsided me with how good it was. Incredibly funny, breezy, and then, in the end, utterly joyful, it was enough to let me know that this is a show I'll be watching all season. Though I'm still not completely sold on the Ben character, Kate has grown on me, and the supporting characters played by Lucy Punch and Echo Kellum are just plain stellar. The more this show focuses on this ensemble, and less on just the titular duo, the better. —Price

Go On

Episode 1: ★★★★ Episode 2: ★★★★ Episode 3: ★★★★ Episode 4: ★★★

Verdict: Keep watching.

The (totally biased) data doesn't lie! Not only is Go On the best new comedy of the season (sorry, Ben & Kate fans), it's also the most consistent, and that's the invisible trait so important to sitcoms that a lot of people forget about. Matthew Perry is SOOOOO Matthew Perry here, but his schtick really fits his gregarious, positive-thinking character—who's in denial about needing help to cope with his wife's death. Go On is another ensemble of weirdoes, but it works because they're all entirely different from each other and established, kind of like another comedy I know *sneeze* *Community* *fart*. But what really sets the show apart from other sitcoms is its connection to the human soul, which it chisels into each episode with unexpected emotional moments that elevate all other feelings. Go On isn't just a survivor of the season, it's a possible building block for NBC. Mr. K for president! —Tim Surette

Guys With Kids

Episode 1: ★★ Episode 2: ★★★ Episode 3: ★★ Episode 4: ★

Verdict: Quit watching.

Not as bad as you'd think, but definitely not as good as that guy who laughs at everything thinks it is. It's a comedy about guys with kids, true, but early on it seemed like the guys don't want the kids at all. Anthony Anderson is good enough to make his material work, and his exuberance—manufactured or not—is contagious to the point where if he's not on the screen, things sag. And what a shameful waste of the incredibly talented Erinn Hayes as a sour ex-wife! This rote comedy is about as plain as anything on television right now. —Tim

Last Resort

Episode 1: ★★★★★ Episode 2: ★★★★ Episode 3: ★★★★ Episode 4: ★★★★

Verdict: Definitely keep watching.

It's not uncommon for unique, high-concept television to not move beyond its initial premise, instead taking the time to develop characters and chart out a series road map, resulting in a show with a strong premise and little else. That's not the case with Last Resort, which added some of the best new characters of the season to its question of what happens when a nuclear submarine defies questionable orders and becomes a target of the U.S. government. The pilot was probably the best premiere of the season, and while the following episodes didn't reach that same level of quality, it gave me a solid sense that this is a show that knows where it's going and it's headed there with confidence. —Tim

The Mob Doctor

Episode 1: ★ Episode 2: ★★★ Episode 3: ★★★★ Episode 4: ★★

Verdict: It kind of works as a guilty-pleasure sort of show, but it EXCELS as a hate-watch sort of show.

There’s good news and there’s bad news. The good news is that over its first four episodes, The Mob Doctor briefly improved to the point of being watchable. The bad news is that it blew all of that progress within a single episode by essentially reversing one of the game-changing moments of the pilot. Oh, sure, we could chalk up a certain someone’s sudden resurrection to being ANOTHER game-changer, but frankly, I was actually starting to mildly enjoy the show without the return of he-who-should-have-stayed-dead. However, at the end of the day, the most unbearable aspect of The Mob Doctor is Dr. Grace herself, who continues to stretch credibility by coming and going from her job as she pleases and parading a steady rotation of secret mafia patients through the hospital doors beneath her overbearing superior’s gaze, all while maintaining her self-righteous monopoly on morality that was already irritating in the pilot. Conversely, William Forsythe’s mob boss Constantine is the complicated, fascinating, hardass-with-a-heart-of-gold that Jordana Spiro's Grace strives so desperately to be. If we dropped all the boring hospital stuff and went pure mob show, I might actually have nicer things to say, but as it stands, leave the stethoscope, take the cannoli. —MaryAnn Sleasman

The Neighbors

Episode 1: ★ Episode 2: ★★ Episode 3: ★★ Episode 4: ★★★

Verdict: It won't kill you.

One of the season's most critically despised sitcoms has certainly earned most of the shellacking it's received in the press based on the sports names joke alone ("Dick Butkus" stopped being funny in third grade, and in television years, that's one episode). But after a painful pilot that spent half an hour acting out a simple logline, the following episodes, free of that weight, were able to be what the show was always meant to be: a silly comedy about aliens living in a human world. The fact that The Neighbors doesn't try to be smart works to its advantage, and I'll be damned if that long-haired weirdo kid didn't grow on me by the fourth episode. After four episodes, the show has found its footing as a harmless, non-offensive, occasionally funny sitcom. Consider it a late option only after you've watched everything else you like. —Tim

The New Normal

Episode 1: ★★★ Episode 2: ★★ Episode 3: ★★ Episode 4: ★★★

Verdict: Price is quitting, but it's not an outright terrible show.

The New Normal carries the dubious honor of being the best new show that I no longer want to watch. A promising pilot led to three solid if unmemorable episodes involving everything from a child channelling Grey Gardens' Little Edie to a black actor being hired to portray a dinner party guest for diversity reasons. In other words, strong, edgy comedic ideas that still for some reason did not work for me. Personally, The New Normal's fatal flaw is its frantic, occasionally misanthropic sense of humor that's clumsily paired with mawkish sentiment. I just couldn't get into the rhythms of this show, and aside from Goldie I never cared for the characters and their borderline retrograde stereotypes. After four episodes, that's a problem. The show isn't without its merits, but it isn't for me. —Price

Partners

Episode 1: ★ Episode 2: ★★ Episode 3: ★★ Episode 4: ★

Verdict: Quit watching.

Every one of Partners' first four episodes involved one of the central best friends overstepping the boundaries of their friendship and the other behaving insanely harshly toward them for it. In other words, misunderstandings that in real life could be cleared up in a single sentence are here drawn out to 20+ minutes of excruciatingly phony and occasionally offensive banter. The third episode was slightly better than the rest, as it was centered on Ali's (Sophia Bush) former relationship with Derek Jeter, and the guys used a game of Celebrity to bring the admission out of her. But for the most part, the only truly likable character is Brandon Routh's Wyatt, and too frequently I wished the show was about him instead. As a good-hearted, sober, gay jock nurse and former Mennonite with limited emotional capacity, he was immediately more interesting and compelling than whatever stale written-by-gays-but-also-strangely-homophobic banter was spewing from Louis (Michael Urie). I really do not like Partners. —Price

Revolution

Episode 1: ★★ Episode 2: ★★ Episode 3: ★★ Episode 4: ★★

Verdict: Watch at your own risk.

No one denies there's a great concept here: Who turned out the lights? As for the storytelling, characters, action, acting, writing, and directing, well, there's currently a war waging on the internet about those, and *surprise!* I'm one of the people who thinks Revolution is kind of stinky. There's tons of unexplored potential, but seeing how the show started off troubled and never got any better, it doesn't look like it will ever become the show we all hoped it would. Revolution is just another network sci-fi show with a big mystery, hollow characters, and little else. File this under: Alcatraz, FlashForward, Terra Nova, The Event, etc. —Tim

Seen a minimum of 3 episodes of all these shows and I believe Revolution and Last Resort are the best shows and totally worth watching.
New show to watch ASAP: Last resort should have allready been picked up instead of facing cancelation, Elementary, Arrow, and Go on

New shows on DVR for dark and cold days: Revolution with a good conept but going like Terra Nova ( but will let it a chance unlike TN), Ben and Kate too many shows to watch right now but a good comedy for winter is good

Gave up on: 666
REVOLUTION all the way absoltely love that show. Love the characters, plot and everything else about it. As of the rest of the shows i dont watch any of them and some i havent even heard of. REVOLUTION caught my eye on the commercial preview and have not missed one episode. It is the only show that I am committed to watching besides The Voice.....KEEP REVOLUTION AIRING...
Like Last Resort but after episode to it wound up storing up on the DVR. I'll catch it but the post pilot stories have ben a bit slow. The only sitcom on the list that I look forward to checking out is The Neighbors. I've never been a fan of the NBC critical darlings (I've never been able to figure out what the critics love about that batch of sitcoms) so the silliness of the Neighbors works for me. Couldn't survive more than 2 eps of Revolution. Was about to give up on 666 Park Ave. but then ep 5 held my interest.
It's interesting how TV.com users skews so much different than network ratings. If we look at the comments below, Last Resort should be one of the shows with stellar ratings as many people (including me) have voted it as one of the best new shows this fall.
cancel them all and bring back Awake (especially the "Last Resort" crap)

"Arrow" is pretty decent

but the only new show I look forward to is "Zero Hour"

and maybe "Do No Harm"
Ahh whilst I deeply love Awake I love Last Resort equally as much so I can only half agree with you on this.

I'm still gutted that Awake was canned but seriously hope that Last Resort doesn't go the same way. anything else on the list is fair game.
The only show I care about on the list is Last Resort and I'll watch it only if it gets a second season.
Oh, dumping Vegas too, after season 1 ends
Animal Practice MONKEY, darn it!

------

Continue watching (*starred shows, I'll quit watching after season 1 so I'll know where I left off if I become bored in between seasons):

Go On

Last Resort

*The Mob Doctor

The Neighbors

*Revolution

*Mockingbird Lane?

---------

Dumping:

666 Park Avenue

Arrow

Dumped after premiere:

Partners

Guys With Kids

------

Shows not listed didn't appeal to me when pitched
Elementary, Arrow both turned out better than I expected. Im also watching B&B when I can, I just can't look away.
I like Last Resort because it is one of the only shows on ABC that doesn't use sex as a major premise in the show. I find that rather refreshing on a network that is usually all about sleaze and skeeze...
am loving both 666 park avenue and GO ON !
So many bad ones this year I couldn't even make it to 4 episodes. For a loyalist like me - that is saying something.
I look forward to reading the verdicts of the other new shows after four episodes. I agree with a lot of what was said here by the writers at TV.com, though of course half of the shows I have never watched (you've piqued my interest in Going On, TV.com!). 666 Park Avenue ended up being a big waste of time, though I'm not entirely surprised, but I AM disappointed with Revolution. I'm going to keep watching it just because, but I highly, highly doubt it will get any better than it already is -- meaning it will stink until it's canned and shelved. Too bad, as the concept was one that had heaps of potential. I still take slight offense to Flash Forward being lumped in with Alcatraz, Terra Nova, and The Event, as it was heaps better and only lost because the network thought fans of the original 'V' would keep the reboot in high ratings, but oh well.
One by one"

- 666 Park Avenue: the truth of the matter is, as long as Rachael Taylor, Mercedes Mashn, and Helena Mattsson all remain part of this show, I will keep watching. I know, it's completely idiotic, especially since I'm pretty sure this show will get can before the end of its run, but it is what it is.

- Ben and Kate: love the show, its cast, even the kid! And seriously... how come nobody is mentioning how hot Dakota Johnson is? Yes, Lucy Punch is a definite sex-bomb, and therefore probably stealing some of her thunder. But, on the last episode... damn was she cute! Dakota Johnson, people - time to recognize and acknowledge the Melanie Griffith's based hottest.

- Go On: love it, but, then again, I was one of the few who actually liked "Studio 60" and "Mr. Sunshine". So I'm saying here is: Matthew Perry can rarely do any wrong in my book... but, when he's wrong, boy is he wrong - "The Whole Ten Yard", everybody?

- Guys With Kids: solely based on its title, I knew it would suck, and, so far, nobody managed to come up with any argument to prove my assumption wrong...

- Last Resort: it was one of my sure-thing, can't-miss new series this season... turns out, it even managed to surpass my already high expectations.

- The Mob Doctor: the only show on that list I am truly ambivalent about. Fact is, it could leave the air in two weeks, I wouldn't at all be affected by it. So I'll keep watching 'til I'll get completely bored, I guess...

- The Neighbors: Lord, was that pilot awful! So bad, I actually didn't finish it - literally told myself out loud "C'mon, I got better things to do then watching this!" I find it inconceivable that it could have got any better... Something tells me Surette lost a little bit of his sanity after watching Opie's death in "SoA".

- The New Normal: sitcom + Ryan Murphy = No. Hell no.

- Partners: yet another god-awful pilot. I think I quit this one in the first 10 minutes of the second episodes - I'm pretty sure I try to stick it out solely because of Sophia Bush. Not the first time she managed to keep me watching a bad show - I went through five seasons of "One Three Hill" before realizing how utterly dumb this series was. Sophia Bush: so hot, she'll easily take away all of your critical thinking, yet you'll never be angry at her for it.

- Revolution: it's a bad show, and should really be cancelled. But it won't be, and I won't stop watching it. Why? I DON'T KNOW. Seriously, I really don't. Something tells me Surette is in the same exact situation, even though he is paid to watch it, but, if his editor tells him to stop writing very accurate reviews on how dreadful "Revolution" is... I suspect he will continue watching it! Is it so kind of weird Stockholm Syndrome thing where you keep watching something that you despise, kinda like a l;ot of people follow everything Howard Stern do even though they hate him, except without any of the entertainment that Stern brings to the table? Anyway, I'm really hoping "Revolution" unveiled already his (I'm already calling it) completely moronic explanation about the blackout and those Energizer medallion, so I can shout a final "FUCK YOU" at my TV aimed directly at them, switch the channel and never look back. When that day comes, it will be a very, very nice day....

The shows I like and the ones I don't bother to watch, in the end does it really matter?
Well of these shows i only watch Go On and The Neighbors, but i am gonna use some of my christmas holidays watching The Mob Doctor, Ben And Kate, Last Resort, 666 Park Ave, Guys With Kids,Partners and Revolution. I've seen the pilot of these shows and they seems like decent shows but i just didn't feel like "Oh, i wanna see more" like i have with The Neighbors,more like "If these are the best shows this season have to offer i probebly stick around". So it's not that i hated the pilot of these shows, but there is just so much to watch.
666, Revolution and The Mob Doctor I gave up on after their 2nd episodes. It was a strain even watching the 2nd eps. Wait, I lie, I didn't even watch The Mob Doctors 2nd episode. All three shows have interesting premises that have fallen flat for many reasons you mentioned above. Awful shows. Awful.

Partners I kind of enjoyed for the Pilot but the following episodes repeated themselves and became weirdly... homophobic isn't the right word but in the first three eps of Partners, the gay couple hugged at the most and barely interacted while the straight couple were all over each other. It's basically "oh hey, here's a show with two gay characters and one of them is the lead! Now we have a show with a lead gay character but we don't want to see anything "gay" luv CBS xoxo" LAME.

Two shows that I really, surprisingly, have enjoyed are Go On and The New Normal. And The New Normal seems to of cut back on the awful Nana character and I'm liking it even more! Well done NBC.

And, this is only because of your recommendation TV.com staff, I am going to watch the first four episodes of Ben & Kate and Last Resort.
Revolution and 666 Park Avenue are great, its impossible to make one's mind up without giving the series a chance.
as a person who would watch Perry reading a phonebook, I may not be the most objective person to talk about this but Go On is fan-tas-tic! it grew on me, more and more each episode, and while I am absolutely in love with Perry being very very Perry all through the show (which could be weary for some others) the characters in the group made me to care about them as well, even the most superficial one, which is the therapist.. I wish they scripted the blind black guy more, he is the best:))

for Revolution and 666 Park Ave I'm glad I never even started them, as while they sounded awesome in the synopsis, the teasers were extremely unappealing..

call it guilty pleasure but I love The New Normal and The Neighbors.. the former is sweet in many senses, and other than the Nana whom I find very very very very superficial and one dimentional, even the extremely stereotypical gay couple seems kinda real with details such as a glance, a gesture, sth.. for the latter, the pilot was excrutiating, I felt sorry for the guys acting that script, for myself watching it, etc.. but the following episodes became much nicer and funnier.. however I feel like I am pretty alone in these conclusions, yet I will keep watching both, until they are cancelled:)
Based on the first four episodes i would have said Last Resort was poor but i watched episode 5 and it was fantastic.

Revolution really hasn't lived up to the the standards set by Walking Dead and Falling Skies but ill see where they take the story, even if the acting is way below par.
Falling Skies = standards? :) Now that's new.
Agree with 666 Park Ave - don't care for the characters so stopped watching.

Last Resort is on my DVR and looking forward to watching it soon.

Same with Ben and Kate - the promos looked quirky fun.

Revolution is not top shelf Sci-Fi but I do need my Sci-Fi fix.
I wish everyone would use the 4 episode rule, instead of reviewing shows as a whole after one episode or even less, I'm sick of that.
I love The new normal and the Neighbors...they make me laugh....love 666 and Revolution..is something different... guys with kids...has his funny moments, but don't think it will last....
Revolution is getting better with each episode and I hope that 666 gets a full season. They're 2 of my fave new shows along with Arrow. :)
agreed
I can't wait until Thursday night, for Last Resort. I really like the show.

Agreed
I don't get why is everybody raving about Last Resort?Granted it's a great premiss and a couple of interesting characters but the show feels so implausible,it's infuriating. I liked the pilot but the second and third episodes were so hard to get through.
It's also because it's a different show. There are plenty of shows that have portrayed the end of civilization, or even the end of the USA due to invasion, disease, or some other apocalyptic event. A show delving into the end of the USA due to political instability is mostly new territory. And it allows us to love our country while despising a large part of its leadership, which taps into the feelings of a significant portion of our citizens these days. This show resonates with those of us who don't trust our guardians.
It's not because it's a great show. It's because it's better than all the *other* new shows this season.
Shows I watch proudly: Ben and Kate, Go On, Last Resort, The Neighbors & The New Normal.

Shows I watch for reason other than liking them: Revolution. Elizabeth Mitchell's boobs looked awesome in the pilot so I keep watching for that reason. Though Twilight dad (Miles) seems to be trying hard not to suck as hard as the rest of the show.
Nashville needs more appreciation here. I prefer sci-fi shows over "soapy" shows (and rock music over country music), but I still appreciate Nashville more than the weaker sci-fi / fantasy shows like Alphas, Supernatural, and Beauty and the Beast. If you didn't think that FNL was too soapy, you're not going to think that this one is. If you absolutely hate the music, you might want to stay away, but you don't have to like all of it to enjoy the show.

By the way, Connie Britton says y'all like 700 times in the pilot (OK, maybe it was just 2-3). I wonder if they did that especially for the FNL fans.
I stopped watching Revolution b/c of the bad acting, especially by the lead actress. The mob doctor I did not like the pilot street chase, it was unrealistic; still watch it though. Last Resort, however, has done nothing but be impressive.
hmmm...i love 666 park avenue.
Agreed
There's only 2 shows on this list I even bothered with, Go On and The Neighbors. I kept the former and was out of the latter within 15 minutes. Life is too short to keep watching The Neighbors, it's poorly written and directed like a cornball '70s sitcom. Also, as much as I want Jami Gertz to be funny, the reality is that she's just not terribly good here, so I can't even hang my interest on a recognizable actor.
I'm sticking with Go On, can't get enough of that show. And I'm dropping Partners and The New Normal. I'll probably tough it out for at least a few more weeks with Revolution, but really if it doesn't start moving a bit faster I'm probably dropping that sooner rather than later.
I disagree about 666 Park Ave, it is what it is but I enjoy it. Revolution is ok and could still go either way but needs more revelations... yes that was a pun.
just watching Go on
Revolution, in my opinion is by far the best new show. Last Resort has great pilot, but from there on it became soooo boring. In addition, there's no question marks, no thrills to keep me excite. In regard to 666, I totally agree, though. However, to be honest, I didn't expect much to begin with. Please keep Revolution alive - with Fringe ending, this is the only sci fi show on air, till the Defiance 'll kick on next spring.
I quite like Revolution. Ok, something might be a little off, but the show is better than for example Rizzoli & Isles, which I tormented myself thorugh first season. Still amazes me how a show that bad could get ok.
I've been enjoying Revolution. Sure it's not Lost, but it's far better than V, Flash Forward or The Event, which I also wanted to enjoy!

Last Resort has been a touch disappointing for me, as I'm a big The Shield fan, and I'm finding Last Resort's intensity to be a touch lacking. It's good and I'll keep watching, but it's not what I thought it would be.

Go On was a huge surprise hit in my house! I thought it would be cheesy, but your Community comparison exactly what I've been thinking since the first episode. Not just the mis-matched group of friends, but the esthetic. The lighting, and they way the characters are shot. The writing of the group scenes - lots of interruptions, and punchlines that don't make sense until a second viewing. Even the segment-ending musical cues are reminiscent of Community. Yet it feels different enough to hold my attention.

This is not the same issue as with New Girl. When I first saw New Girl, I immediately made the same comparison with Happy Endings - except that New Girl is FAAAAAR inferior to Happy Endings, or Community for that matter. Whereas Community and Happy Endings rely on things like jokes and good writing to get the laughs, New Girl relies on a cute, nonthreatening girl to make silly faces, while her unbelievably patient roommates to gasp in reaction - GOSH! Just how SILLY she is!
Well, it seems clear that the deciding TV people should not buy ideas but only brilliant scripts for at least 10 episodes to save us from having to watch the crap that came out of a brilliant idea. And if writers cannot provide ideas and brilliant scripts for 22 episodes: take the European way and make do with 7-8 episodes per series. One cow has only so much milk!
Critics don't like Revolution, who cares, it have the best ratings of all the show in here! Then guy like me are going to watch it for a long time :)
With subtitles in your native language, I assume.
Sometimes there is dubbing, but this doesn't change the fact that Revolution is a bad show no matter what.
Some people still don't get that Tim LIKES sci-fi shows, but only if they are any good. He likes, maybe even loves Fringe, I think he enjoys watching Alphas too. He doesn't give negative reviews to all these sci-fi shows because he hates the genre. He does so because these shows more or less deserve it. If Revolution ever gets good, if the characters ever become likeable, and the writing less stupid, Tim will surely notice it and admit it.
TV.com is really terrible at judging shows. The boring Elementary always has a positive spin no matter how bad and annoying it is, while good shows like Revolution never even get the courtesy of the main plot points, at the very least, being mentioned or a modicum of getting the facts straight in the reviews.

Giving up - Ben & Kate, Guys With Kids, Mob Doctor, Neighbors. The New Normal, Partners.

Keep Watching - Revolution and Last Resort - both are the best of the season; Go On, 666 Park Avenue (for now).
Go On is the best new comedy in a long time. Not even New Girl hooked me in 4 episodes.
Haven't been here in awhile but it's good to see that TIM is still on his mission to sabotage every fantasy/sci fi/action show that doesn't meet his personal expectations of perfection.
I couldn't disagree more. Except Last resort, every other series you mentioned with their verdict, is exact opposite for me.
New shows this season are, for the most part, terrible...
id rather watch any of these shows (revolution etc) than watch the mindless drivel of reality shows (kardashians etc) that will inevitably replace the shows that you dont like and tv bosses love cause they are cheap to make and boost their profits unlike an actual scripted show which cost more to make.
Wouldn't it be funny and cool if TV producers started evaluating the reviewers? Just imagine...

Reviewer: John Smith

Review 1 - Carefully thought out, good sense of humor, Harsh criticism when necessary. We'll listen and promise to work on those mistakes. A few wrong facts. Four stars.

Review 2 - Review was shorter and overlooked some important aspects. A bit excessive dry humor. Lack of understanding of a few important scenes. Still shows potential of improvement. Three stars.

Review 3 - Reviewer got several facts wrong. Sarcastic jokes predominate. Opinions show bias and impatience. Two stars.

Review 4 - Reviewer has decided he hates the show no matter what. Too many sarcastic jokes. Absence of fact-checking, including actors' and characters' names. Funny pictures. Reviewer shows to be visibly uncomfortable with genre. Test well written. One star.

Verdict: Watch for the laugh factor and writing style. For actual information on the show look for another site.

Truth be told, readers comments could also be evaluated. We could get stars and verdicts that would range from "annoying fanboy blind to any criticism of the show" to "vicious hater whole sole purpose is to aggravate fans," as well as "future reviewer," "smart nitcpicker," "dead on criticism," or "irrelevant ramblings."
I think Revolution seems like it would do better on a different network. It seems like it can't hold its own on the big three (NBC, CBS, ABC). Which makes sense cause other networks have tried to do these shows, and ALL of them got canceled so...i don't believe having these shows on these networks, the networks are like 'Lets kill some good shows, lets put them on our networks.'
It could succeed on The CW but the target audience for that network is very different from the target audience for the show.
hey, sorry about just now getting back to u. Just got my notifications. Seems like I over thought, about it. Although it makes sense, what u said makes sense.
Revolution is holding its own quite well on NBC. It has a full season pick up and is winning its timeslot against Castle and H50.
Right, agree. Over thought it a little bit i guess.
Glad to see that many agree that Last Resort is a great quality show. I am surprised however by the amount of "GO" votes Revolution received. As much as I wanted to enjoy this show in the end I have to agree with Tim all the way down to the comparable shows he listed that had an quick ending! The others on the list I didn't even attempt to watch
Load More Comments