The CW Cancels The Secret Circle and Ringer

The CW giveth and The CW taketh away. It giveth more Nikita, Hart of Dixie, and Gossip Girl, and taketh Ringer and The Secret Circle to a remote desert location to dig their own shallow graves. Yes, it's true: The Secret Circle and Ringer have both been canceled.

Ringer, a twins-swapping-places drama, started out strong before tumbling into middling ratings. Despite having genre star Sarah Michelle Gellar leading the charge, it was never able to maintain its good start. And to think, the show was originally developed for CBS!

The Secret Circle seemed like a sure thing when it was announced. The drama about teenage witches was based on the young-adult books by L.J. Smith, who also wrote the books that The Vampire Diaries is based on. What happened? Are witches not cool or something?

Which of the two shows would you rather have back? And what show should Price photo-recap next season now that The Secret Circle is done?

Let's say goodbye to Ringer by revisiting its best scene ever.

RELATED STORIES:
The CW Renews Nikita, Gossip Girl, and Hart of Dixie
The CW Renews Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, and 90210

Follow TV.com writer Tim Surette on Twitter: @TimAtTVDotCom

BRING BACK THE SECERT CIRCLE!
BRING BACK THE SECRET CIRCLE!! GET RID OF THAT 90210 CRAP! After watching the first few episodes of the secret circle, I was hooked! Why cancel it? It is a great and awesome show. Get some brains CW. I don't really watch any of your other shows but The secret circle look interesting to me. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!
PLEASE,

BRING BACK THE SECRET CIRCLE!

PLEASE BRING SHOW BACK
Please put the secret circle back on I just finished watching all 22 episodes and I loved it, it was beyond amazing and I'm soooo hooked!!! You can't end like that and not have another season it's just wrong. I know the ratings weren't great back then but with the trends of vampires, werewolves, and witches being out you'd be crazy not not its even better then American horror story and that's about witches also! Please please please put the show back on it was awesomer then any show I've seen in a looonnnggg time I'm positive your rating would be were they need to be I'd make sure to tell EVERYBODY to watch it if it came back on every single episode please consider putting it back on it was a big mistake to take it off Ik it's be a huge hit!
Presse bring the secret circle back, the secret circle is better than all the Series, the secret circle it better than the Vampire diaries, the Vampire diaries can cancelled but Not the secret circle please bring it back ♡♡♡♥♥♥♥♥♥
Please bring back ringer
Please bring The Secert Circle back Please....
I agree with Madelynn; I just got done rewatching the whole season and with the way they ended it, they were STUPID to cancel it w/o any hope of salvation. They should bring it back now, in 2014, esp w/ witch(es) shows being popular with the help/likes of shows like Witches of East end.
I just went through and watched The Secret Circle, and I already knew it was cancelled after the first season with no hope of salvation, but just wanted to add my voice here. I think they definitely should have given it another season. Ah, well, if Firefly couldn't even get another season, nothing can surprise me. . .
I would like to see te rest of the secret circle. I would like to see how everything turned out.
I'm still trying to figure out how The Secret Circle only got one season....that show was friggin awesome and getting better, now granted I only started watching it recently, but I got sooo into it only to be let down by its ending. I mean come on, I did the exact same thing with vampire diaries I had only started watching it in its second season because I didn't think I would like it but now I can't get enough of it. But The Circle had a great story line, extremely hott actors and basically the workings of an up and coming show and for it not to get a chance to become all that it could be is totally beyond me...I really wish they would reconsider getting this show back in effect before its to late.
Please bring the secret circle back!!! I had just started watching it and I was really getting into it. All of the sudden the kids get together to meet their sister and form the strongest group and it ends??? Please let us finish this tv series
Wow if I was them I'd ignore the dam rateings .... it only got to season 2 how the hewl do you know if the secret circle will get better If you don't let it at least get to season 4 thats when you should watch the ratings not when theres only been 2 seasons
It's ridiculous that they make these programmes getting us hooked and gripped and then just take them away from us just like that. They should and could at least do a one off and tell us how the series was going to end and not just leave us hanging and wondering!!!
Bring The secret Circle show back!That show was in my favorites with Vampire Diaries,Supernatural,Beauty and the Beast and Arrow.Them to me are the best shows on television.And it really sucked when you took Smallville away!Seems like when show starts getting good it cancels.Could of came out with a new series so we could see him fly.Instead you ended the show when right when he learned to fly.What a bummer!
Wtf,what about the balcoin blood family coming after John died..and what bout Adam and Cassie that's really messed up how are y'all going to cancel the secret circle when it got interesting .__.
I need the circle back
is their a season 2
because if there is i bet we can watch it on the internet
plzz give us season 2
if the tv wont take u ,at least the fans will watch u online
I would like to see The Secret Circle come back.
Bring The Secret Circle back!
Why would they take The Secret Circle off air?? I know so many people to LOVED that show! Season 2 please!
The secret circle was the only show i ever watched on CW and i cant believe they cancel it. i want the show to come back. the secret circle grabed my attention a lot and am sad that they canceled it :(. please bring the show back up...
Look, I realize that there are over 600 comments on this article that are all saying the same thing, but all these comments are true, The Secret Circle was one of your best shows, I was told to watch it by a best friend of mine, I absolutely loved this show, but then you had to go and cancel it, did you know that my friend, Sarah, based a writing project on this show? she had never been so excited about school homework before, but then you went and had to cancel The Secret Circle, and for what, Some stupid show about some stupid doctor? Hopefully you come to your senses and realize that this show is worth keeping, before another network takes it over and you miss out on the big time, it shouldn't be too hard to get The Secret Circle back up and running now that 90210 is over. I really hope you take this comment into consideration, CW you have some really awesome shows, my favorites being Arrow, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, and of course, THE SECRET CIRCLE! And if you EVER decide to cancel ANY of these great and wonderful shows, think again, because I am DONE with you people canceling the best shows on television.
I'm still waiting for someone to pickup secret circle, i loved that show beauty and the beast is okay but does not compare. the only shows CW has going for them is supernatural and the vampire diaries all the other ones i can live with out. but point blank sercret circle was one of my favorites and it broke my heart and soul to see no second season or an end i wish netflix would pick it up to atleast finish the story for the fans
I'm in the UK paying for satellite and I'm getting more and more frustrated with starting to watch a series, only to find that at the end of the season it gets cancelled... Better Off Ted, Secret Circle, The Ringer, Pretty Little Liars, The Lying Game - all brilliant shows that I was totally addicted to and then they just vanish at the end of a series. I don't want to have to pay to view them on Netflix when I already pay for a Virgin TV package. Maybe I have to just stick to UK shows, but I'm seriously addicted to "frenemies" and rich kids and that's something you only get with US shows. Where can I get my fix now???! Please help!
BTW, 'Supernatural' is THE ONLY show on the CW now that I watch regularly and with it in its eighth and possibly last season, that means I WON'T BE WATCHING ANYTHING ON YOUR CRAPPY NETWORK. You better listen to these irate fans and bring back the 'Circle' or you won't have much of a following for anything on your network...
I am getting sick of every show I try to watch getting cancelled before they can even build a fan base! First It was 'The Playboy Club', now 'The Secret Circle'. What was wrong with the 'Circle'? It had hot characters, a decent plot and great acting. If it was losing in its time slot, what happened to changing it rather than ganking it? I watched 'Ringer' and I really didn't like it honestly.
they need 2 bring back secret circle u need to be talkin Nikita off NOW DAT SHOW SUCKS
secret circle was AWSOME
i think the only reason it got cancelled it was because of Brittany Robertson. I don't like her acting and she's a horrible actress, I think they should of replaced her and not cancelled the show.
i just watched the whole first season of the secret circle on netflix. it took me three days to watch every episode thats how good it was. ringer was a good show but its fine that its gone. but you have to bring back the secret circle. its just so good. all those other shows are bunk. dont touch the vampire diaries thats awesome. all i have to watch these days is the secret circle and the vampire diaries and now the secret circle is gone for some dumb shows like hart of dixie and gossip girl. what up with that. im just say that im gonna send so many angry letters to the cw. im pissed off.
Bring back the secret circle i loved it it catches the fans attention and it was better then beauty and the beast and gossip girl I don't get what the hole point of gossip girl it sucks I loved the secret circle Cassie and Adam are met to be together and now we will never find out if they are together or not CW you suck for taking away the only happiness I have which was the secret circle it was my life and now it is ruined bring it back Bring It Back BRING IT BACK !!!!!!!!!! NOW I don't want to ask again if you don't people will never watch CW you took off the best shows ever but I also like TVD AND NIKITA but those are the only ones I like from your show please bring the secret circle back us fans had gotten shows cancelled on us before don't let I happen again we please bring the secret circle back . Secret circle team fan #1 forever I will take this show to my grave love and hope
CANNOT believe you guys canceled Secret Circle and kept Nikita? Now you have Beauty and the Beast....wasn't that show on YEARS ago? YES IT WAS, I watche it with my grandmother. Bring back Secret Circle, I loved watching Vampire Diaries and Secret Circle back to back. Other than Supernatural, these were the only shows I enjoyed watching on CW.
nooo that suck i was really lookin foward to hteses shows coming back.. im soo upset i dint kno what to do with the anger.. theses shows were great and should of stayed. they should never got emily MD. that show sucks!!!
Cw u suck I loved the secret circle and I was looking forward to watching season two,why did u take it away,I hope another station picks it up and starts playing it that would just be ur loss cuz there is a lot of fans out there
Awwwwe...I love the secret circle..Was looking forward to the new season..Boooo...Bring it back!!!
Nooooooo! They can't cancel my secret circle!!!!! The other four children of blackwell are headed to town, Adam is going all loopy from that skull and just so much more! WHY CW?....WHY??????!!!!!!!
Seriously... I love the Secret Circle this ridiculous that they cancelled it!!! Bring it back or Ill boycot your network!!!
I liked the secret circle i thought it was interestin it left me hanging
I agree bring back the Secret Circle! I look forward to it every week! I got into the books, but the books and shows are nothing alike, I miss the show!
Bring back the secret circle !!!!!!!
I have been watching both and didn't know they were cancelled. I kept checking for their listings. Nikita, Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie, and 90210? Could never get interested in any of these. Don't touch The Vampire Diaries, atleast let me have this to watch. I've liked Beauty and the Beast so far. I really want Secret Circle back. I will now have to read the books to find out how it all ends.
I am soo sad. I was waiting for the secret circle and am really upset it was a great show. I think Nikita, Heart of Dixie, Gossip girl and sucks personally what a tragedy cancelling good shows for crap.
WTF ! I have never watched the ringer! But started the secret circle Last year! it's had a good story line! I was expecting a second season! Why do you cancel the good shows. Greedy bastards! And new shows like the arrow, just look dumb! I have no desire to watch! Bring back secret circle! Give it a chance to go at least four years! What's the reason for canceling the show! Really!
Ringer back, and I know this show wasn't in channel CW but Roswell should come back too. They are both great shows. That was canceled.
not going to watch new shows on cw knowing they are just going to cancel. what a waste of time
I want secret circle back, i havent gotten to see the ringer and it is true, for example Steinfeld took a few seasons before people fell in love with it and now look how much money they've gotten off of selling seasons and how many more viewers they have
REALLY CW??? WTF?? YOU GAVE THE SECRET CIRCLE ONE SEASON?!? I AGREE WITH EVERYONE ON HERE THAT A SHOW NEEDS MORE THEN ONE SEASON TO GET TO THE RATINGS THAT YOU WANT IT TO BE AT! DON'T LEAVE THE SHOW AT A CLIFFHANGER IF YOU JUST PLAN TO CANCEL IT. YOUR NETWORK IS PRETTY MUCH BULL SHIT. YOU HAVE TOO MANY SHOWS THAT YOU HAVE OVER DONE.
Ok I am still mad and upset that they cw cancell the Ringer and the Sercret Circle. i love watching those show on tuesday and thursday night. if the Ringer was ment for cbs then why does the Cbs pick it up, As for the cw i don't think i am going to watch the new shows that is going to replace the cancel ones. Unless they bring BACK The Ringer & The Sercet Circle, I hate the cliffhanger especially when the show is cancel Does This Make Any Sense??? If CW network Had any Sense at all They should of ask the fans first before cancelling the shows. I Refuse to watch the new shows that are coming out unless they Bring Back THE RINGER AND THE SECRET CIRCLE.
Im upset I just discovered the Secret Circle on Netflix Im totally loving it and to find out it was CANCELLED WTH!! WHY?? IT NEEDS TO COME BACK....ITS NOT ALL ABOUT WEREWOLVES AND VAMPIRES!!!
Load More Comments