The Flash Adds Jesse Quick for Season 2

The Flash is adding another speedy character from the comics in Season 2. According to TV Line, newcomer Violett Beane has been cast as Jesse Quick (real name: Jesse Chambers), who has accelerated speed. The character, who will appear in multiple episodes, is described as a bright college student who finds herself embroiled in the battle between Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) and the DC Comics character Zoom, who will be Season 2's main villain.

Additionally, Entertainment Weekly reports that Malese Jow will reprise her role as Linda Park for multiple episodes this season. The character was introduced in Season 1 as a colleague of Iris' (Candice Patton) at Central Picture News and was a short-lived love interest for Barry. And although their split was amicable, her return will put both the Flash and Iris in potential danger.

The Flash returns Tuesday, October 6 at 8pm on The CW. What do you think of Jesse Quick's casting? And are you excited to see Park again?

Sep 21, 2015
Oh God, why do they always make this mistake. They just chuck in more super-powered characters until normal humans are the minority and the hero loses his uniqueness. They usually feel the need to chuck in a female version to make the feminists happy and guaranteed her entrance will be her beating the Flash in a race and making a smug smarmy comment to him.
Malese Jow...YAY :)
Aug 26, 2015
Looks like some preety good casting which has been preety great concerning The Flash in general. Definitely can't wait til October though! Season 1 was really as good a season as could have been hoped for and so far I trust the writers but I also hope they don't put too many speedsters in all the time as with the whole mythology here, the possibilities are endless. I am looking forward to this comic book show the most come October, so they better not mess up! I also hope he spends a good amount of time in the parallel universe he went to as well as going to other alternate universes.
Aug 26, 2015
I agree, too many speedsters, too soon. I don't know if they will be able to do justice to all these characters that they plan on introducing in season two. It's almost like they've decided to throw a bunch of stuff at the wall and see what sticks. With Barry just getting the hang of his powers and two new speedsters, will Jay open up Garrick's School for Speedy Youngsters???
Aug 26, 2015
I find it funny that they continue to titulate The Flash as "The fastest man alive" while there is the reverse flash and zoom, who are both faster than him...

I could overlook Superman not being declared faster, since he's basically an alien and therefore not (hu)man ^^
Aug 26, 2015
Well it depends on how you slice it. Eobard Wells wasn't faster on his own and required all kinds of future tech to get him up to speed, and if they go with comic book origins of Zoom then technically he's no faster than a normal human but instead manipulates time so that he seems to be fast.
Aug 26, 2015
A year before the reboot, Superman was going on about how he was just about as fast and actually beat Flash once or twice. All while chasing him.

The Flash said "Those were for charities Clark" and left. him. in. his. dust.

Granted we had the reboot like a year later, but even then I think they maintained Flash was faster than Clark.
Aug 26, 2015
Well, superman flew from Metropolis to Shanghai, bought an assortment of food (waiting for it to be cooked no less) and back in a few minutes ^^ (the series pilot with Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher). But who knows in the DC universe ;D
Aug 29, 2015
We consider the Lois & Clark show to be 'Pre-Crisis'. Long story short, Pre-Crisis Superman (the Chris Reeve & Dean Cain Supermen) was immensely more powerful than Post-Crisis Superman (the S:TAS, Justice League, and Man of Steel Supermen). So if we're talking Pre-Crisis, all bets are off. If Post-Crisis, then it's canon that Flash accesses the Speed Force which lets him potentially surpass anybody else. Depends on a lot of things though.
Aug 26, 2015
I fear they are throwing in too many speedsters, too soon.

Wally, Jesse, and (I ?think?) Jay?

I realize the Flash comics are big about the whole Speedster family and appearing together and what-not, but it's still so early. From his point of view he was Flash for a few months and now people are already joining up.

I would have been cool with him finding a retired Jay who mentors him this season and then NEXT season introduce Jesse or someone else. But it just seems like they're trying to add too much.
Aug 26, 2015
if all these speedsters have short arcs, one off episodes or don't have their powers yet it could be okay but from all the casting news plus the 1st half of the season laying groundwork for LOT its just to many characters
Aug 26, 2015
The article missed the other half of the casting news with Demore Barnes being cast as Tokamak. Which makes the return of another of last season's reoccuring characters a certainty.
3X2(9YZ)4A. gotta run.
Aug 25, 2015
OMG!! OMG!! I am so happy! My favorite speedster in the universe is coming to TV. I actually jumped. Thank you, Flash people! *dances in happiness*
Aug 25, 2015
looking forward to next season. Just not looking forward to more poor me Iris! The writers are not doing her any favours.
Aug 25, 2015
Sounds like a hootenanny.

I seriously don't understand why CW is putting out these "who?" press releases. I get that they want to keep their programs in the public eye, but it also undermines their integrity - "this person you don't know, we've got our hooks into them!" It's like putting out a full page newspaper ad for your party by saying you have stocked up Big K sodas and Kroger snacks, they may be fine but we don't know that by their names.

Aug 26, 2015
Great gif, but the point of the article wasn't to highlight the actress, but rather the character she'll portray, who's beloved by Flash comics fans.
Aug 26, 2015
Beloved? I have no idea who this character is. Johnny Quick, yes. Jesse Quick???
Aug 26, 2015
If you know about Johnny Quick I gotta wonder how you don't know about the daughter of Johnny Chambers and Libby Lawerence (Liberty Belle)? Almost the first female Flash, the second Liberty Belle, married to Rick Tyler the second Hourman
Aug 26, 2015
The character is just as "who" as the actor though, for 90% of the viewing audience.
Aug 25, 2015
There are a lot of Speedsters, I mean are they going all out for season 2 since its multiverse? I know idk whats going to happen but with how big season 2 is shaping to be where will season 3 go. Will we only see these Speedsters just for this season? My guess is yes for Jay, Zoom and prob Jesseie, but will Wally be one season and done????? I hope not
Aug 25, 2015
while I'm happy they are going with lesser known characters, I'm a bit worried that we are getting so many speedsters so soon. We already had The Flash and Reverse Flash on season one and now for season two we are getting Flash, Zoom, possibly Kid Flash, Jay Garrick and now Jesse Quick, likely with at least some mention of Johnny Quick. Just seems a little much. All that is left is Max Mercury.

Nice that Linda Park is returning. I doubt that there will be a resurgence of the love triangle with her, Barry, and Iris, especially with that already poised to take place with Patty Spivot. My guess is that Linda will look into things like Iris did in season one before she found out about Barry, possibly looking into what happened to Eddie and Wells. With Wally West coming in maybe they will hint at a possible romance between him and Linda.
Aug 26, 2015
"All that is left is Max Mercury." plus the two Impule's , Inertia, Daniel West, Speed Demon, XS, The Tornado Twins, Captain Boomerang Jnr.
Aug 26, 2015
True, but let's hope that they limit speedsters from the future like the Tornado Twins, XS, Bart, and Inertia. If anything I'd rather they bring in characters from the past or those connected to them like Garrick, Mercury, or Quick. Of course with Legends of Tomorrow involving time travel, characters from the past and future are always on the table.

i could see Captain Boomerang appearing in either the Flash or Legends of Tomorrow and briefly ending up in the future where he hooks up with Meloni Thawne, just as a reference to Jr.