The grim reaper says Yes, Dear

Two long-running series got the axe over the weekend: six-year-old CBS sitcom Yes, Dear and the eight-year-old WB witch dramedy Charmed.

The Washington Post reports that the departure of Anthony Clark to NBC's Last Comic Standing did indeed spell the end for Yes, Dear. The CBS sitcom, about two lunkhead guys and the ladies who love them, hung out in the middle of the ratings heap, never receiving critical acclaim or much fan adulation.

The show managed to stay on the schedule for so long mainly because CBS paired it with various successful sitcoms, such as King of Queens and Two and a Half Men. In the '90s, a similar trick worked for NBC's Caroline In the City, which lasted four seasons perched between Friends and Seinfeld.

Last week NBC announced Yes, Dear star Anthony Clark had been hired as the fourth-season host of its reality competition, Last Comic Standing.

Charmed was pulled by executives of the new CW network, which was formed by the merging of UPN and WB. The story about three witches premiered in 1998, and originally starred Shannen Doherty along with Alyssa Milano and Holly Marie Combs. Doherty was replaced in season four by Rose McGowan. Haley Cuoco came on board this past season.

It is expected that the CW execs will clean house, and the fate of many shows is still unknown.

Charmed exec producer Brad Kern told TV Guide, "It's been a hell of a run, but all good things must come to an end."

Sep 16, 2013
I couldn't care less about Charmed but I did enjoy Yes Dear very much. It wasn't given the credit it was due . It is a very funny show .
May 17, 2007
So, there is no series finally for Yes Dear? I really think the long time viewers deserve one. It is sad that it is just over. What do you think would happen in the finally?
Feb 18, 2007
Its a tradgedy that charmed must go, but I can honestly say I can careless about Yes, Dear staying or going.
Nov 22, 2006
I am seriosly not happy bout charmed being canceled luckily there is going to be a spin of from what ive heard dunno when or its name anyone help me out? i have loved the show from since i first new it existed i was 10 now im 13 so i am not the greatest fan but i have fallen in love with the story line. luckily at the moment living tv is showing episodes i have not seen and series i have not seen i think its series 4. well good bye.
Oct 12, 2006
A Charmed Spin off has been confirmed!!! It is about the 2 boys, Chris and Wyatt. Not sure what they are naming it, but the sisters are due to make appearances on occasions, definatly by season 2. Charmed is ALIVE!!! Not even the producers could vanquish Charmed!!
Sep 13, 2006
I have been watching Charmed since it first aired and since WB is taking it off the air. I will not watch anything on WB I will catch the reruns on TNT. I have 4 tvs in my home and you can bet there will not be one tuned to the WB!!!!!!!!
Jun 14, 2006
it upsets me that charmed was pulled. the only reason i watched the WB network is for that show. well i guess i have no reason to watch it anymore. i also know alot of ppl that feel the same way.
Jun 05, 2006
this is complete bull crap yes dear was the best show on the air.

this is what i hate about shows they put them on the air and take 'em off
Sep 16, 2013
I agree! I loved Yes Dear! It was a great show!
May 30, 2006
I wasnt a huge fan of Yes, Dear until this year and I'm pissed that its going off because its a great show and it shouldnt be cancelled...I understand why but that still sucks...There are too many great shows being cancelled this year and its kind of dissappointing...kinda making me wanna watch more cable since all the big shows are dying.

Charmed is gone now and I didnt get into it til last season so I missed alot of shows. lol Its kind of sad that the show got cancelled but at least the series finale was so good...it was nicely done to show how the show would play out if it was still on and to show all the past characters (aside from Prue) but still it sucks that they decide to cancel it on the very season that Kaley joins...she is so freakin hot and 8 Simple Rules was a great show. Anyway I'm dissappointed that Charmed is gone but at least it had a very good farewell.
May 29, 2006
I dont like Brad Kern. He should have brought back Prue. I am still in denial about Charmed ending. I guess they don't have good tastes when it comes to shows?!? I dont know but WB for me will never be the same...
May 16, 2006
Poor Brad Kern. I hope Charmed goes out with a bang though.
May 15, 2006
This totally sucks!!! I LOVE CHARMED! i hope they resurrect this show too for the new station. It is a butt kicking show that is awesome. I hope they do change their mind and get a season 9 in the makings. They should at least make it to 10 seasons also!
May 15, 2006

Charmed, what a great show. I cant believe in one week its all over. I too hope they bring prue back, perhaps a glimps in the future? A little closure? It irritates me that it has to end yet 7th heaven gets to come back one more.. talk about a silly mistake. Cw hasnt even started yet and unless they make a really good spinoff with Alyssa Milano at least.. I wont be watching no matter what they air. They dont care about the fans and what we want to see. Its all about $$$$$ to them. Well they can just..........

Charmed cast you guys rock,Lyssa ive been a fan since we were kids and who's the boss. Dont stay away!
May 14, 2006
Charmed will be deary missed by me. I watched every show and couldn't wait to see them again. When the kids were borned, I thought, now this is something new and I knew one day they would say goodbye to us all. I wish the Charmed Ones and the rest of the cast good luck and thank you for all the years of fun and YOUR EVERYDAY LIFE. You guys really gave us a show. Peggy
May 01, 2006
It's Kaley not Haley Cuoco, some one should get a better editor!
Apr 27, 2006
that bloody sucks.
because it's a good show that is well watched all over the globe by a lot of people and i heve heard no nothing of degreading amount of viewers.
a matter afact i heve heard it's one of the most best watched tv shows in the states so they shouldn't cancel it.
to do so is just plane simple stupid
Apr 25, 2006
THERE IS NO WAY THAT CHARMED SHOULD BE CANCELLED.
THEY HAVE GREAT WRITERS AND A GREAT CAST AND IT SEEMS TO THE "MERE" AUDIENCE THAT IF SOME BACKBONE WAS PUT INTO IT THE SHOW COULD GO ON FOR A COUPLE MORE YEARS. IF THE RATINGS ARENT AS HIGH....DUH??? COMMON SENSE....PLEASE ARE SERIOUSLY RECORDING IT!!! I KNOW OF AT LEAST 60 PEOPLE WHO RECORD IT ON A WEEKLY AND DAILY BASIS...EVEN THE RERUNS...LOL THE SHOW IS SO SIMPLY GOOD...WHICH IS WHY IT SHOULD REMAIN ON THE AIR.

COME ON BIG GUYS...ARENT YOU SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE BUSINESS OF BEING "CREATIVE???" WELL GET TO IT..........YOU KNOW THIS SHOW HAS BEEN A PLEASURE AND A MONEY MAKER...SO STOP BEING SUCH COWARDS AND DO YOUR JOBS!!!
Apr 25, 2006
That's what I was like, but Brad says he's bringing back the mom and grams, but not Cole or Prue. And he's not allowing a spin-off to be made. This sucks.
Apr 21, 2006
OMG!!! I haven't seen the new season yet because I'm always busy but they can't cancel it! we should protest! This sucks major monkey butt!
Apr 12, 2006
I'm glad charmed is going going gone. But sad to see yes dear gone. Oh well, cw, better keep king of queens and that 70's show on.
Apr 11, 2006
charmed is the oly show on tv worth watching. maby if enough people buy the dvds they will bring it back like they did with family guy.
Apr 10, 2006
This is old news, isn't it? Didn't this happen (for Charmed) a while ago? LOL. I swear I've seen official cancelation articles for Charmed.
Apr 07, 2006
THIS SUCKS! I LOVE YES, DEAR. THEY CAN'T ALL LAST FOREVER, THOUGH, I GUESS.
Apr 04, 2006
I dont want it to end. :(
Apr 02, 2006
i am ticked i love this show have watched it since the beging i know that the sisters are going ot have to fight billie and christy since christy is a higher power but you guys kinda screwed up there since the charmed ones are suppose to be the higest power but wat the heck this is redicoulous i love this show i wanna wat happens to chris and wyatt if their future is really changed for the better or not ... and billy she was prolly jst prtending to be friends iwth the sisters to get them emotionally attahed fort the big fight im relaly mad ... you guys should really reconsider this
Mar 25, 2006
This better be one hell of a series finale for Charmed. The story seems to be going nowhere at this point. Prue should come back and maybe even Dan.
Mar 23, 2006
I dont like the fact that charmed has been axed. Its not fair at all, its not as if viewers arent tuning in coz it has high ratings!! Anyway...wrong move CW but yeah couldnt prue at least come back for the finale (i get that the idea is insane, but its what the fans want i can assure you)
Mar 22, 2006
Charmed and Gilmore Girls are my favorite shows. It is definately a sad day, hearing that Charmed has been cancelled. I think that this new CW is going to run itself into the ground by canceling so many great programs...I will definitely be sending a letter to let them know how disappointed I am.
Mar 21, 2006
This is horrible. I love Yes, Dear. It is one of my favourite show, if not the favourite. The characters were so great to watch, just how they interacted with eachother. The show is amazing. This really angers me. And Two and a Half Men is one of the worst shows on TV. And it is a hit, what is the tv world coming too.

I was really worries this would happen, as I never saw many others talk about the show. But I just love the show. I don't think it will ever come back, but I sure hope so.

The thing that makes me the most upset, is the series went for years, it deserves a final episode. I undestand the Network is a joke and wants to cancel it, but they have had the show for years, give them a final episode. They could obviously sell it.
Mar 20, 2006
If I had to say anything about Charmed going off it is that it is going out with a bang. The whole stuff and cast have taken us up and down through life. The have shown the impossible to 99% of the world that it could be very possible. And it would be nice to see everyone that has departed return one last time. Thank you and Blessed Be.
Mar 17, 2006
Sorry but I say it's about time Charmed got the axe. I quit watching it 2 seasons or more ago when it started all that "fairytale-goddess" crap..I missed the demon fighting..I missed Prue..and I missed Cole...so farewell to all those bickering actresses on this show...RIP.
Mar 14, 2006
I think they should kill Piper & Phoebe with them joining Leo and Cole as spirits and leaving Paige to bring up the boys.
Mar 14, 2006
I was talking about yes,dear.
Mar 14, 2006
Maby the show will be back when Anthony Clark comes back from last comic standing.
Mar 13, 2006
Charmed is my favorite show! I just hope T.N.T. keeps showing reruns.
Mar 13, 2006
It's upsetting that Charmed is getting cut off. I love this show, it has been a major asset to the WB although some may not want to admit it. I know that this season has not been its best but it has had some interesting things take place, and if they are forced to kill Billie it would be even better. The reason though that it was not able to work up to its potential is that the WB would not give them a budget increase, feeling that it was not worth it. Dumb move. Though they have covered alot there is still territory left for them to explore as well as character stories that they still need to close out. Neither of these will be able to take place now. They should have let them continue on. If they had backed the show more it would have easily made it to 10 seasons without the viewers becoming annoyed.
Mar 13, 2006
I am a 53 year old woman, and I love the series of charmed. I've got all my young nieces to watch it. we talk about the show like people talk about soap opera. we have even more things we like the sisters to do. phoebe to get married, cole to come back, and a lot more we will surely miss this show.
Mar 12, 2006
I just can't believe that charmed is really ending when it has produced one of its best seasons yet. I just hope that another network in the U.S realises this and decides to pick up charmed because what other witchy type show will i have to watch then.
Mar 12, 2006
OMG!!!!! i cant believe they a takin charmed off te air..... its is the best. upn & cw are going to lose so many ratings if they take charmed off. but hopefully it will come back on popular demand like entorage... coz charmed is way better then that and people loved it so much they put it back on so charmed should come back on coz of popular demand.... if not i would like to see wat there next move is, especially holly (my fave) coz i wouldnt have even heard of them if i didnt watch charmed.. and i wish shannen doherty would get a good job. she did that catergory six : end of the world and she was a lame character (and she had to kiss an ugly guy) :*( no more charmed *sobs* that sux
Mar 12, 2006
Might be a cool idea to do a spin-off with Wyatt and Chris. Following them as they grow up and grow into their powers would be interesting to say the least.
Mar 11, 2006
Charmed lasted eight seasons? Really? I'll say it's been a hell of a run... who knew that shlock would make it this far?
Mar 11, 2006
It's about time to say farewell to the Hallywell sis. The show has nowhere to go anymore. We already know what's gonna happen with Piper and Leo kids'and last season was like "Back and forth to the future".This season didn't bring anything new, except for the "new faces" in the first episodes. Let them go and let's remember Charmed as one of the great shows of the millenium.
Mar 11, 2006
I'm so upset Charmed has to end. I can't believe it. I also heard that Brian Krause is coming back for the last 2 eppies. I also heard that in order to get Leo back they have to battle Billie and Christy. The eppy that Leo comes back is called Kill Billie Vol. 2. I assume that means that they are killing them off. All of my faves are cancelled, except One Tree Hill and Gilmore Girls. Friends, 7th Heaven, and now Charmed. It's actually quite depressing.
Mar 11, 2006
I'm kind of sad to see Charmed go, but, then again, it hasn't been the same this season. it's just too radically different, what with the addition of Billy and the departure of Darryl and Leo. I much prefered season seven to this current season.
However, it was still a good run and they should, like prudabest said, bring back some of the deceased relatives and friends (there are enough of them, after all).
And Haley Cuoco? Who might that be?
Mar 10, 2006
It's about time. Never did get into yes dear and I liked charmed at the begining but it went downhill
Mar 10, 2006
I am so upset over the news. I was so sure that they would pick it up. It is my all time favorite show. THere are no other shows out there that deal with magick and wicca. It was one of a kind. I am going to miss the entire cast, it was like seeing your family every sunday. Now what are we going to see? I know we can watch the reruns, but are they going to close all loose end? I was hoping they weren't going to change the future of Wyatt and Chris. Poor Leo was hoping to be part of Chris's life and make up for what he had done to him. I know Brian Krause is not part of the show anymore, so I am sure Leo is going to die no matter what the sisters do. I guess we can just speculate until the very end. I am going to cry when the last episode airs. I hope all we Charmed fans keep in touch and maybe we can get a spin off show. I would like to see Shannen for the last episode and Paige and Phoebe starting a family. If any one can keep me posted in what ever news they hear. Thanks.
Mar 10, 2006
if anyone finds out some new information about Shannen Doherty (prue) if she will return to charmed for the series finally, send me a review or email...thanks
Mar 09, 2006
Bringing Charmed to an end this season is what many people predicted at the end of last season when the show was put on hiatus over the summer. As a fan of the show this does not come as a shock, but at least Brad Kern and the writers have been able to bring the show to focus more on the sisters and their "magical abilities." As for what should be done in the season finale, we already know it is when the girls will either fight to the death with Billie to get Leo back or the sisters will move on without him. Would be nice to see some of the shows old stars like Dorian Gregory and Julian McMahon to come back to help with some closure left on old issuses. However, Shannon Doherty will not return for a finale because of her "complications" with her co-stars. And to kill Billie in the finale would make fans who believed that show has been in a decline since season six jump in rejoice.
Mar 09, 2006
I can not believe that it is ending. Charmed is one of the best drama's on T.V. Charmed is a show about women and the power that women can hold, not many shows today have a mostly woman cast. Charmed will be remember forever. It is a great wican show and has taught people about moving on and never giving up. I hope that the show will end as it began, a smash hit.
Mar 09, 2006
yes!!!! I want prue back, she was ledder to bad they kick off show by throwing her threw a wall that wasn't cool and need to bring her back for the last espiode she honestly made the show in the first three seasons, but i think that haley cuoco could have a charmed "spin-off" that would be awesome!!!!! charmed forever!!!! the power of three!!!
Load More Comments