The Vampire Diaries: Bridge to Oblivion (PHOTO RECAP)

The Vampire Diaries S03E17: "Break on Through"

Have any of you noticed that The Vampire Diaries is basically insane? I know a lot of people are wrapped up in the romance aspect of the show (probably a bit too much if we're being honest), but at some point this teen drama went off the deep end and it's now wandering around downtown wearing a hat made out of a dollhouse and yelling at its shoes. I mean that as a compliment! Take this week's episode, "Break on Through" : You would be hard-pressed to find even a single frame that made any kind of rational sense. It's not just the omnipresence of monsters, it's the things they do and say and decide. WHAT is even happening here? WHY are these situations happening? I truly don't even know what to tell you except that we are experiencing the Golden Age of Television, where a show can be both terrific and mentally unstable at the same time. What I'm trying to say is, The Vampire Diaries is basically Alaric.

So hey, this episode had its ups (hi, Jeremy!) and downs (I will only like Sage when she rides a jet-ski into a megalodon's open mouth), but it sure was fun! Let's talk about it!

We began at the hospital where Elena and Meredith were observing Alaric's brain scan.

Meredith seemed to think that whatever caused Alaric to BRUTALLY MURDER their friends and neighbors might've been a treatable medical condition. Alaric, for his part, still wasn't 100% convinced that he'd done those things in the first place.

But his evil reflection felt otherwise!

Meanwhile, somebody was out enjoying the beautiful sunshine.

Caroline had brought a cooler full of different types of blood (do they seriously have unique flavors?) and Bonnie had made Abby a sunlight ring, but they weren't doing much to cheer her up. For one thing, Abby couldn't physically FEEL her plants anymore! It was a very sad thing to have happen to a witch, even though we were told she'd lost her witch powers prior to Bonnie's arrival? I don't know, I'm not about to start keeping track of details like that. But yeah, immortality is definitely not as good as being able to feel weeds, so Abby was understandably bummed about the whole thing.

The town's remaining survivors gathered for some kind of ground-breaking ceremony over at Wickery Bridge. In the middle of what I'm guessing was a work day. I don't know.

The mayor had a VERY pressing question for Alaric:

Hmm interesting. I'm sure it was just completely random that the Mayor inquired about the ANTIQUE WOODEN SIGN that Alaric had been tasked with restoring. Forget about it, it's not important.

That's when Damon spotted a familiar face in the crowd!

Hey Sage! She'd rolled into town in search of Finn. That did NOT sit well with Finn's lil sis.

Then some kind of bitchy class warfare broke out between Rebekah and Sage. And then after Rebekah trotted off, Sage convinced Damon he should try and lure Rebekah over to his joint so that he could read her mind and figure out why she's been hanging around the Mayor so much.

Back at Abby's house, Caroline confronted Jamie (the weird surrogate son Abby keeps out by the shed). It turned out he'd been avoiding everybody ever since Abby turned into a vampire because he IS SCARED OF VAMPIRES. Fair enough, you know?

Caroline was a real good sport in this episode, needless to say.

Back at Elena's house, Alaric and Meredith had a cute moment where he coyly admitted he'd murdered Logan Fell back in the day.

Meredith is crazy, I'm sorry. She was seriously like, "It happens. I'm not one to judge." Lady, your brain is broken. And you're a doctor? "First Do No Harm" should be true EVERY DAY, not just Opposite Day.

Stefan had a terse run-in with Elena and now he was tearing through his vampire Capri Suns like crazy!

Damon was SLIGHTLY concerned about Stefan's binging but he had a three-way to plan.

Meanwhile back at Abby's, two soulmates found each other in the kitchen.

Jamie had had a change of heart and decided he was ready to accept Abby for the vampire she'd become.

Whoops! Abby couldn't control herself. How awkward for Bonnie! It is simply the worst when you meet a nice guy and your mom bites him all up. Hopefully at some point in the future they can all laugh about it.

After the world's weirdest cocktail hour (what was up with that piano player?) Rebekah showed up at Damon's mansion with a bottle of wine she claimed had once belonged to some queen.

And THAT'S when some dancing happened!

I love me some dancing! But it was only Damon and Sage who boogied. Rebekah just sat down and frowned at them, all lonely. That's when Damon swooped in for the kill, claiming he only wanted Rebekah.

Cut to: Damon and Sage putting their plan into effect. At this point I'd forgotten about the whole mind-reading thing! Vampires can do that? Man, what a world.

So while Rebekah slept, Sage discovered ALL of her secrets.

And then she and Damon took a shower where she transferred Rebekah's memories into his brain.

It wasn't anything special really, they simply realized Rebekah was looking for the White Oak Tree. After a towel-clad perusal of his family's library, Damon IMMEDIATELY found a record of what became of that tree because SURE. Whatever, show.

I loved that the record keeper wrote in such a uniform script! But anyway, yeah: That White Oak Tree was used to build the Wickery Bridge!

Only moments later, Sage informed Damon that WHOOPS! She can't let him harm her dear, sweet Finn.

So then he lied to her and claimed he'd only hurt Rebekah and he'll leave Finn alone, even though you and I and the big man upstairs all know the Originals' lives are linked. Oh, Damon, you rascal.

Meanwhile Bonnie and Abby discovered a spell that might reverse Alaric's condition (LOL "condition"). Apparently the condition had been brought on by corruptive dark magic and Elena would need to find an item that Alaric used to wear before he started wearing his invincibility ring. So next thing we knew she was rifling through his drawers while Stefan stood over her being super annoying about whatever.

It should go without saying that she suddenly came across some VERY incriminating materials.

I mean, just LOOK at that proofreading! I realize that the Mystic Falls newspaper only has one reporter and it comes out thrice a month, but still. Proofread your subheadings, guy or lady!

Oh, but check this out: What was with the locks of blonde hair and the crime scene photo of a head wound? Who were THOSE victims?

You're telling me Alaric killed more than two people and Sheriff Forbes didn't even know about it? This town.

Here's his hit-list:

Ol' Jimmy Joe Johnson better watch his back!

Oh, and there was this creepy handwritten note for Jeremy:

Yikes!

Psycho Alaric was trying to pass the torch to a potentially Psycho Jeremy! Oh, speaking of Psycho Alaric, maybe they shouldn't have left him at Elena's taking a snooze on the couch?

And then the episode suddenly turned into a slasher film and it was THE BEST.

Seriously, Meredith even RAN UPSTAIRS. Doesn't she watch Kevin Williamson movies??

Luckily she's a real scrapper and she stabbed his hand before locking the bathroom door.

Uh oh. And right before bikini season!

Back at the Salvatore Mansion Damon realized that Sage had snuck out on him and he immediately knew she was up to no good. So then he raced (by car?) to the Wickery Bridge where he found Rebekah burning all the White Oak wood in a huge bonfire.

But who'd tipped her off??

Damon was MAD. He declared then and there that he'd personally kill Finn just to get revenge on Sage. Strong words, guy.

That's when Elena arrived back home only to find a suspiciously messed up house and Alaric acting shady.

And then he ATTACKED her! But he was too slow.

You guys, Hero Stefan was back. Sort of. I mean, he definitely helped out a bunch in this scene.

For instance, his keen sense for spilled blood led them upstairs to a barely alive Meredith.

And then he had his own little personal struggle to deal with.

But he fought it just long enough to feed Meredith some of his delicious, delicious vampire blood.

Hilariously enough, Bonnie performed her reversal spell on Alaric DURING THE COMMERCIAL BREAK. Because that's just how this show rolls. So then he woke up with no recollection of the night before.

Meanwhile, after an earlier, icy conversation, Elena and Bonnie finally came face to face.

They hugged it out basically. Status quo maintained!

This bit made me laugh:

Caroline asked, "Am I doing this right?" Oh come on. GARDENING? And for the record, no, you're not doing that right. Plant them 12-inches apart in a grid formation and get those empty pots off the planter. Also feel free to use that shovel instead of your hands. Vampires!

Quick question: Is Jamie a water balloon smuggler?

Congratulations, Bonnie! Except Bonnie wasn't there, so it was Caroline's job to confront a suddenly flighty Abby.

Caroline gave an incredibly emotional speech about the value of sticking around for your child, and working through adversity in the interest of togetherness, and junk like that. I was convinced. But guess who responded with nothing less than a side-eye?

Haha hilarious! Honestly, I am not even blaming Abby for wanting out of this scenario. Her life was pretty darn good just a few weeks ago and now look at it. Bye, Abby! Better luck next time.

Oh look who was back (sorta)!

Elena's emotional phone call to her lil bro was mostly just a check-in to see how he's doing in Colorado and whether or not he'd repeatedly died due to supernatural causes and been driven to murdering folks while in a fugue state. It looked like Jeremy was fine! He even got a dog. [Tyler joke TK]

In one last bit of cleverness, Damon unveiled his newest score:

The original Wickery Bridge sign that Alaric had restored! It's made of White Oak! What on earth could Damon want with it??

Daaaang. Originals are in trouble, you guys.

Well, that was definitely an episode of The Vampire Diaries! I'm still baffled by the hows and whys of Alaric's condition, plus I'm not excited about Rebekah and Klaus being in danger, and as far as I'm concerned Sage and Abby can drive a convertible into the Grand Canyon while holding hands. But still: This hour of madness was two tons of fun. And next week looks great! Let's meet up again and talk about that one too!

BYE.

QUESTIONS:

... Is Alaric completely cured now?

... What would it take for these characters to disapprove of murder?

... Is Stefan baby-stepping back toward becoming Nice Stefan?

... Did you miss Jeremy?

What romantic aspect? You've just made me realise why I've found so much of the last few weeks of this show to be yawn inducing. What did happen to that romance aspect? Plus Aleric didn't get to kill Meredith. That seriously ticked me off. But I guess it wasn't the worst of the recent eps. I did find myself pondering whether I'd buy this on DVD when it comes out and I have to say, probably not. Too many characters I just don't care about - like Meredith and Abbey, the Originals, Sage...
1. No, I'm sure something will come up, or if he is Jeremy will be psycho and I don't want that!!!

2. If Elena was murdered.. It would kill everyone in Mystic Falls (but PLEASE don't let this happen!)

3. I HOPE so, but Paul wants to be baaaad to the bone!! I miss STELENA and Nice Stefan!!

4. A little..let's hope he doesn't kill big sis and is there for her when she needs him..
"Tyler joke" teehee!

Seriously, I was watching this episode over the air (to cheap for cable, don't judge) and the signal wasn't great. Happy to hear that missing sentences here and there were NOT the reason the episode seemed to me to have gone off the deep end...

still, i love Damon-rebeker sexy time.
Another excellent episode!!!!!!!!!
Huh. There are now officially more comments on the TSC photo-recap than on the TVD photo-recap. TAKE A HINT CW, AND GET YOUR SHOW IN ORDER!!!!!

haha I JUST posted this on the TSC recap!
Does that mean TSC is all growed up?
Nope, never.
What i don't get is that Rebekah burned the wood from the bridge, fine, but what about the ashes??? Sure they have the sign but they could use the ashes from the original oak tree so why cant the use the ashes from this one?
Exactly!!!!!

Though i think, as someone explained before, the ashes only kill you temporarily (like freeze you in a coffin and klaus takes you on a world tour)... the actual wood kills you kills you....
Do they have enough/any magical daggers left to dip into the ash? I'm betting that Klaus gathered them back up after his siblings got loose. Also, ash +/or dagger won't stop Klaus and that has been the **master plan** for most of the season. Not that these meddling kids have such a great track record with plans, or anything.

Why can Sage read minds but none of the other vampires can? I definitely remember Elena saying that Damon can't read minds. I wonder why Sage can.
I remember the Rose episode when Damon was able to get in her mind... and also he was able to get into Stefan's head at some point....
Damon couldn't get into Elena's mind after Stephan gave her the locket - but before that he did it at least once. I'm not sure they ever called it "reading minds" so much as they (S&D) referred to it as getting into someone's head.
Old age?
Amazing recap! I'm not really sure how I felt about the episode. I think I agreed with you. Ups and downs.

--Cured? I hope so, but I doubt it. I sort of liked the dynamic Alaric, Elena, and Jeremy had built between them. Sort of a messed up family thing. It was nice and I miss it. And then it became just Elena and Alaric, which was a little weird, and now Alaric's moved out, and Elena's alone. Sad.

--I honestly don't think this show will ever disapprove of murder. Stefan could go crazy again and murder, say, Matt, and everyone would go nuts about it for a couple of episodes, but then people would inevitably forgive him because he's a vampire and he can't help it and deep down he has evil inside him and it's not his fault he gave into that. Cue eye rolling.

--Yes, though I think it'll be a while before we see him back to normal again. Which is as it should be, in my opinion, considering how evil he became.

--Not really. I think Jeremy's a necessary character to the show in that he's family to Elena (which she needs), but he's been sort of useless lately. I hope they find something interesting for his character to do when he returns.

I really miss Klaus and the Klaus/Caroline story line. I hope they do more with that, because it was really interesting stuff.

The downloading bit gave me a laugh!

--LOL no

-- Jeremy getting murdered ;) LOL

-- I want ripper back!

---Who?
So... where the #$*^ is Klaus?
Million dollar question...he apparently wasn't stalking Caroline and he wasn't shmoozing MF council members to learn more of this oak tree...so what exactly was the Klauster up to?!
that's exactly what i am also wondering... how can he be so absent when he knows that there is another tree.... plus he's awesome....
Personally, I'm enjoying Sage. Not sure why, but I do. But you are very right, this was a highly inconsistent episode, though, entertaining start to finish. Crazyness.

-I'm hoping not, because that just seems too convenient. Unless they're going to switch the focus to Jeremy, I suppose.

-Killing little baby kittens. That'd get 'em riled up for sure. People? Eh, whatever.

-I hope so. The little sweet romantic in me still wants Stefan-Elena.

-I did miss Jeremy! Hoping to see more of him next week.
I really quite liked this episode for some reason. It was certainly not epic (esp by TVD standards) but something about it was charming. Don't ask me what. Here is my play by play of the bits that caught my fancy (and would have brought about whispered asides if viewed with a friend in a crowded movie theater) (because yes... I am that person):

1. Meredith is still a psycho. I am just waiting for the crazy. This first scene with the so-called Mer-Elena bonding is CREEPY. Much more so than Alaric/Elena hugs or MRI mirror hijinks.

2. Love Damon showing up at the hospital to spring his buddy. This friendship is probably one of the most organic and honest ones in the whole show.

3. So nice to get back to the snappy confrontational Delena! Much better than puppy dog Damon. I have faith that they will find their way back to a romance again, but this time Damon will stay true to who he is and Elena will have her eyes open and accept him as he is without changing him. My fave line of the episode: "I'm just saying, maybe you're not the right person to be teaching Stefan about self-control" Ouch! Isn't it great too see Elena being perceptive? So true..when has Damon EVER used self-control?!

4. Abby-the vampire-absentee mom. Seriously snooze. Apparently all the pent-up broody from Stefan's ripper days in the writers room fell onto Abby. Bummer.

5. Why ARE they at the bridge restoration kick-off?

6. Sage is just lame. Especially when you put her in the same scene as Rebekah. It's sad really. Cassidy just doesn't stand a chance compared to Claire. Maybe if Sage had been in love with Elijah. But Finn?

7. Seriously Stefan, just stop trying to ACT bad already. We all know the ripper Stefan is gone. Which is very very sucky. But this fake-half-ripper Stefan who is hiding his true feelings so that Elena can be free? Very annoying and totally transparent. Just be good Stefan again since Ripper Stefan is not likely to come back anytime soon. At least he made sense.

8. Oh Damon, you are so easily played by sexy women. Katherine, Sage, Elena, etc

9. Damn you TVD with your threesome teases. I hate you.

10. I hate that Jenna is gone. Alaric was a real character with her. Psycho ring-killer and Meredith is NOT an acceptable exchange for Jenna's meaningless sacrifice. Poor choice Kevin and Julie.

11. Interesting how Damon mentions a Sage-Rebekah threesome to Stefan and yet no one has told Stefan that Sage is in town. And no response? Interesting continuity gap there.

12. Even on the first viewing I AUDIBLY rolled my eyes with that "you know, the one you're not related to" *twinkly eyes* ugh - hilarious!

13. HONESTLY? No one put Jaime on vervain?

14. Pathetic predictable attention-desperate Rebekah? I don't buy it. Let's not subvert the character's...character...for plot devices please.

15. I've watched too much OTH. Cassidy Freeman reminds me too much of Hilarie Burtonand unfortunately I can't help thinking about the little differences she might play the character withand would it be better?

16. Kat Graham is awesome. The nuances she gives Bonnie are so intuitive, it's such a shame that they don't utilize her more.

17. I think Damon luring and sleeping with Rebecca solely to allow Sage to sneak into her mind is the most cold-blooded thing we've seen him do this entire series. Makes me quite hate him in that moment when he is naked in bed with her sleeping beside him.

18. Aww business-knowledgeable Damon. You mean he has more going on than whiskey-drinking, eye-flirting, neck-snapping, and Stefan-haunting? So cute.

19. Handy how the millling ledgers report "White Oak" in capitals to emphasize it's importance, huh?

20. Oh Kevin Williamson. This episode was like a dream for you right? The perfect combo of small-town romantic triangle intrigue and slasher film. I heart you.

21. Damon, Damon, Damon. What about Sage seemed trustworthy...EVER...to you?

22. Yay! Snarky Rebekah returns! The only question is...was she in it from the start? Cuz that would make more sense than pathetic gullible Becca.

23. Sage is 900 years old. Why does she look concerned at ALL when Damon says he'll kill Finn first? And why on EARTH doesn't she rip his head off right then and there?

24. 2nd fave line of the ep: "I'm going to need your help" You know, Elena. To stop Ripper Stefan from making a reappearance. Aww Elena gets her wish...her very existence can alter Stefan's actions. Cuz it's about her, right?

25. More adorable bromance. Nice creepy watching-Alaric-sleeping smile Damon. Maybe you and Alaric should both take a break from girls for awhile. Just saying...

26. Bonnie's not stupid. She knows that without Elena and Caroline and all the other supernatural residents of Mystic Falls...she's got nobody. Even if she hates everything all of them stand for.

27. Even as a plot device, Caroline is a shining light. Candice is brilliant and every line is full of life and authenticity. She literally can take my breath away with the beauty and power she exudes even when her scene has absolutely nothing to do with her.

28. I don't believe for a single second that Jeremy is happily and blithely living in Denver with friends and a dog. Just because they didn't pan to him as a psycho or with Tyler or Katherine or who knows what doesn't mean a thing. All will be revealed soon enough.

29. Cocky - good? - Stefan. Hmm. It's like Ripper Stefan...but creepy.

30. LOL lto the token and trademark Damon master plan-o-the-week reveal in the last minute. Oh Damon, you and your clever plans. So sweet. It's almost like Elena thinking she can sacrifice herself for the good of everyone else without completely screwing it up and getting someone killed.

Not a lot happened in this episode (again). It was more just a number of great little moments mixed with wry humor at the show itself. But it's winding closer to the end of S3 so I anticipate a crazy whirlwind of plot twists and cliffhangers and shocking deaths and violent actions and dramatic emotional declarations to start up at any time!

I too enjoy the bromance between Damon and Alaric. Maybe they should start focusing more on human-vampire friendships instead of love triangles? It's interesting how both Damon and Alaric are kinda lonely, and understand each other even though they are different.
This is the CW Love triangles only.
This was one of those weeks where real!life was horrible. I ended up watching this episode of TVD at, like, 4am Saturday when there had been no sleep. Like, NO sleep for more than two days. So I don't know if real!life broke my brain, or something, but I really liked this episode. I was also less confused than usual. You guys, this might not be a good sign, mentally. No one let me wear any jewelry.

Thoughts:

1. That was the creepiest MRI, ever, in the history of medicine. I don't what's worse - that the reflection didn't move or if it had started moving!?!?! I kept waiting for it (him?) to start talking to Alcoholaric. Do. Not. Want.

2. Why are they doing something to Wickery Bridge? Sure, there was that big fundraiser a few weeks ago (obligatory, town wide awkward social gathering/founder's council meeting), but the bridge seemed physically intact when Steph was in Total Dick mode trying to drive Elena over the edge (pun intended?).

3. How awful/hilarious must it be for Rebekah to be constantly sucking up to Mayor Nepotism?

4. Love how Damon might be the mouth of some of the best overall life advice ever, "Own it, live it, love it, stop being ashamed of who you are." Maybe that will make up for some of the poor female role models this show has.

5. So, Torey ISN'T playing the creepy character, but a victim instead. Huh. Well played CW, well played.

6. How many doors does one bathroom need?

7. Was anyone else hoping that Jeremy's "friends" were TVD folks? Tyler, Kat, Elijah, an Escaped Ric, Matt, SOMEONE?!?! Can Tyler be Jeremy's "dog"? Is this a thing? Am I forgetting an old in-joke somewhere?

8. Kind of over the whole revenge plot. Also, Rebekah is too awesome to kill. But really Damon, just cause you "sold your rage" doesn't mean those two girls aren't a million steps ahead of you.

9. Sage was much less repulsive this week than last. Well, except for her pick of "true love"s.

10. I think it's safe to assume that none of these girls are graduating. None of them even pretend to go to school like they did in S1. I get that Caroline basically has FOREVER to earn a degree, but you'd think that the Sheriff's kid would have to put in appearances at school more often than she does. I sure hope that Mashed Potatoes is off getting a GED somewhere.

11. Loved the "we talked, that's code for Caroline lectured you" conversation. The next person who feels the need to lecture me, please send Caroline in your place.

12. The whole ring thing actually made me go "Oh, that makes a lot of sense." (Seriously, guys another questionable mental-status sign.) But for some reason I can really go with the whole thing. The rings were designed with the solitary purpose of keeping as many vampires out of MF as possible by any means necessary all while ensuring that the wearer does not die in the process. Suicidal Starfish anyone? (Looking at you CiaraGlynn!!) It made sense that the rings would want Ric/Jer to continue the plan. Like maybe it isn't an invincibility ring after all, but an anti-vampire-sympathy ring and the invincibility is just a side effect?

13. Ooooh!!! Didn't Isobel specifically track down this ring for Alcoholaric to have/wear?!?! If she did this after she turned I wonder if she knew the potential consequences? Was she meddling on purpose? Did CreeperUncleDad John know what the deal was?

Price's Questions:

1. Do you ever cure a "condition"? Maybe Samantha was on to something with that whole lobotomy thing. IDK.

2. Harming Caroline? Or harming Elena, but I believe that one is technically classified as "sacrificing."

3. Ugh, yes. I hope he trips over his stupid capri-suns and falls into Total Dick land. Good Stephen = Lame Stephen.

4. Totally missed Jeremy. Can't he MiFi in more often?

1. Indeed

2. Yeah, oops on their part.

6. lol

7. Whoa!! You just blew my mind. That would be so awesome!

8. Yep, strongly agree.

10. LOL!

12. You just blew my mind AGAIN!

13. Dude, get out of my head!
Haha. Sorry to invade your mind mmmshaddup!
6. The answer is one.

8. More like a zillion. And also, for a vampire who has lived a few lifetimes, did he really not learn anything from his experience with women? Did he really think Sage would not turn into a psicho bitch to protect her man?
Well, he was celibate for 50 years. Not gonna learn much about women with that.
Ok, I will give you that, but he has eyes, come on...
3. Mayor Nepotism is my new favourite thing.

6. LMAO How there were three doors, I'll never know.

8. Revenge plot is lame. Two huge problems with continuing it: We all know they can't kill off Rebekah Klaus or Elijah. There will be riots. Two, they could have done it about a million times by now. Like hello Finn, why not just stab yourself with the dagger and have mommy hide your body while she figures out what to do with Klaus? Just bugger off already.

12/13. I LOVE THIS.

8. *sharpening my stake and putting on my riot gear*
Hey did u notice Caroline telling Elena about the Spell Bonnie was using to fix Alaric is a spell that helps a witch using dark magic come back from the brink? Hmmmm who does this sound like? *coughs Cassie!* How long do u think they'll go before a TVD & TSC Crossover event? Whats Melissa's last name? Could it perhaps be BENNETT lool.

PS. Your Recaps are THE BEST!!!!! I look forward to them as much as the show, they never fail to disappoint THANK YOU :D.
OMFG, your recaps...holy crap! I was in the worst mood ever and then I found this! PRESTO! All better! Tears of laughter all down my face xD You, sir, are fabulous! *twirls*
I know right!! Price's recaps can totally put you in a happy place! It's like therapy without the expensive fees! LOL!
This might be slightly out there, but hear me out. Attention has been drawn to the old wickery bridge (featured prominently in two episodes this season) we've also has two story-arcs invloving character's parents who were kind of out of the picture making a come back and both stories involved them being turned. I'm thinking that this COULD be a bit of foreshaddowing for Elena's adpotive/real aprents (depending on your outlook on things) making a return? If Stefan knew he could only save Elena did he perhaps feed her parents vampire blood? Their hiding would make sense given their buddies' stance on vampires. This is probably crazy, I just find it interesting to speculate haha.
Eh, sure, why not? And for TVD, that's not really all that "out there."
okay I could be wrong about this, but I believe Julie Plec said that if Elena's parents ever return it will mean that she has quit the show. she seems really opposed to it. But *SPOILER* we will be getting a flashback to when they were alive. Back when Jeremy was emo and not built, Elena was a CHEERLEADER and Caroline was human. Should be more disturbing than killer Alaric.
"Should be more disturbing than killer Alaric." LOL!!
Nooooo. That means these characters are already past their prime.
I think it's a small, small flashback. Like limited to watching Elena's parents die and Stefan save her. Because she hasn't suffered enough, obviously. Maybe its to make Stefan remember that he can use his Vampire super powers for good not just evil?
1) It would be too easy if he was completely cured. I think there is a bit more to this story than meets the eye. I hope he is evil for a little while - him chasing Meredith was the highlight of the episode

2) Most of the main cast are vampires so I doubt that they would disapprove of any murder unless it's their own. Plus Elena is a vampire groupie so she likes what they like :)

3) I do not want Nice Stefan!! I love bad Stefan more, he has more depth and is way more interesting (tho I find it a little Angelesque from Buffy)

4) I don't miss Jeremy too much to be honest, just like I am not really missing Tyler and I am definitely not going to miss Abby.. Oh and please get rid of Sage.. really do not like her character!
Love Ripper Stefan, but he can't hold a candle to Angelus. Sorry.
This. Just, yes. Side note: What's your take on Ripper Stephen vs Spike?
Madness at it's best. I was seriously freaked out by Alaric, and I adore him. Just lovely to see him this crazy. Hope he gets better though. Maniac!Alaric is just a bit... too much killer for my taste. I mean, he's got a reason to kill - scary. The vamps just do it for fun (why do I think that is a better reason?! This show is messing with MY mind.)

And let's face it, the only murder EVERYONE would dissaprove of; Elena... Funny, really.

I don't want nice Stefan. He's nice and all, but Boooooring! Be half cool, have a nice taste of a girl some time and drive into the sunset with Katherine, please, Stef!

Jeremy, you are missed. Though, when you get back, could you maybe magically re-awaken Anna and Lexi? Thanks. (I'm living in a dream world)
I love Sage! How can you not like her?? Momma Bennett is better off... she never liked Bonnie (Who does?).

I LOOOVE the originals, but I'm sensing their time is near... Otherwise this show would become entirely an Originals vs Salvatores plot (im not against it but i honestly don't this writers approve).

- Dont think so... Although I really dont know that IS wrong with him... Is he possessed by a spirit? The ring was just made with the purpose of killing? Dark magic? other-side mission?

- They just dance around it... murder is completely normal for them, like candy... or blood.

- HOPE NOT! Nice Stefan is boring Stefan. dont want him.

This is for you, Mr Price. For the fun recaps and awesome references:

Staff
OH MY GOD. I am typing this from the floor right now. That is awesome!
I just had to! I couldn't get that image out of my head. XD
This is probably the most thoughtful internet link Price has ever been given.
It's like an early birthday present, right? :P
I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR RECAPS!!! :D .. it is such a shame that u dont do more recaps (i might want too much :D). About this show, yes it is insane indeed!!!! LOL but i just dont get why the Originals are such a big deal. I mean, are they dangerous or what? Klaus is drawing ponies and chilling. no harm!!! :D

... Is Alaric completely cured now? of course not. And if yes ... writers really dont know how to end this properly!!

... What would it take for these characters to disapprove of murder? When someone tries to kill Elena. Otherwise, everything is great and fine.

... Is Stefan baby-stepping back toward becoming Nice Stefan? pretty much yeah. sad. psycho Stefan was fun so as psycho Alaric :D

... Did you miss Jeremy? It was nice to see him but no, i dont miss him as much as his new pet Tyler or super sexy smart seductive Katherine and awesome Kol .. :D ..

PS: Secret Circle recaps, please come soon :]]
First, thank you Price for another thoughtul, hilariously, funny re-cap. 1). No, I don't think Alaric is completely cured now. 2). Nothing, I mean close family members have been murdered and it still isn't a deal breaker. 3). I hope not. I don't have a huge problem with nice Stefan (except for that diary), but I love douchebag Stefan (except when he's trying to run Elena off bridges (low)). He's more interesting, hopefully he'll find a happy medium. 4). Yes, although I'm not exactly sure why. Um, and why didn't Elena ask him if he's like killed anyone lately.
... Is Alaric completely cured now? No

... What would it take for these characters to disapprove of murder? No

... Is Stefan baby-stepping back toward becoming Nice Stefan? No

... Did you miss Jeremy? No
I don't think Alaric is completely cured. Something about the herbs. Maybe with Bonnie getting mad because her mom is gone now and she will refuse to get more herbs for Alaric that he needs to be taking every day. (My prediction, lol!) They are not going to disapprove of murder, its called the Vampire Diaries, and vampires murder to live! :-) I think Stefan is trying to come back, but I hope he doesn't come back all the way, he's more interesting (and more useful) when he's stronger. I hope he finds a way to stay on blood bags like Caroline, etc.... That seems to be Damon's plan. Although NOW, I would like to see something happen between Damon and Elena while Stefan is the good guy. Something accidental maybe?? I miss Jeremy terribly!! But I don't want to see him go crazy either! Or, maybe he already is!? He's been brought back from the dead by Bonnie, seen ghosts, etc.??? How do we KNOW he hasn't killed anyone? Thanks for the fun, Price! You are always enjoyable. I hope you don't get bored with the show and stop reviewing it!! :-( I loved the "downloading" clip and also loved the "vampire capri sun" line. But . . . WHERE is your repetitive video clip of the week??!!!
Hey Carol, you mentioned that you would like to see something accidental happen between Damon and Elena while Stefan is the good guy... I think I would like to see something on purpose...
Seconded.
Characters I'd like to see accidentally impale themselves on a White Wickery Wood stake: (In order of annoyingness)

1. Sage (misogyny is so 9 centuries ago)

2. Meredith (I realized when I was cheering for Alaric to kill her I must not like her very much)

3. Abby (worst vampire mother of the year award)

4. Finn (I've already forgotten what he looks like, so, yeah)
I totally agree with you but if Finn dies so do the rest of the Originals :(
Word. Especially with Merdith...I got a sadistic gleam in my eye when he stabbed her and pouted like a schoolgirl when they tried to save her.
What about Kol? That guy just sucked
There is already this huge Kol following! Aside from the pretty, which is a show requirement, I think it's because he's the youngest Original and therefore appeals to the 12 year old viewers?
I'm not 12 and I kinda found Kol amusing. He was like a male version of Rebekah...who manages to get under your skin. I wondered if they were twins...matching personalities those two.
Leave 'Tatoes alone!
Good point! Guess I'm still sore about him hurting Matt.
GREAT article! Thanks, I am glad to see I am not the only one going huh? Last week and this week I actually rewatched them as soon as they were over to see how I missed something. And it was not me, that was how the shows went and it is confusing, fragmented, and rushed. Alaric being cast as the lead in that new show and making "guest spots" on the VD is possibly? the reason for this story line. I'm hoping that's all anyway. The LONG BREAKS and TOO MANY have not helped but I think? that is the CW. The Secret Circle is worse than this by a milestone.
I agree with boys. TSC went all TVD and had you glued to the tv from the second it came on to the ten seconds after it went off when you were still mesmerized by it's epicness. I'm just sayin'.
I gotta agree with FringeFanatic. TSC has been on a roll since it got back, and this past Thursday's episode "Curse" was one of its strongest and emotional episodes and next week's looks full of action between the hunters.
I kinda disagree. The Secret Circle kicked ass this week.
But Abby is a new vampire with no control ...I think Caroline may have forgotten that!
She's also awful, so she might as well die
I agree Abby is horrible, but please NO. Characters on this show are becoming so disposable that the writers think it's okay to introduce a new one every 3 seconds just to have them killed in the most ridiculous way imaginable. Enough is enough. IF you insist on taking time away from the development of the main characters then you had best be creating something worthwhile. Sure Abby is shit, but now that she's made it through some episodes and actually went through a transition (OF SCREEN WITH ALL THE OTHER BENNETT AND BLACK PEOPLE STORYLINES I MIGHT ADD $#&#$) she had BETTER contribute to the damn plot in a significant way. I am at my wit's end with this. Characters we actually give two shits about like Tyler, Jeremy and Katherine are constantly sidelined and geographically relocated to accommodate the constant cast rotation. FINE but at least give them an effing purpose! FFS.

end rant... Oh man and I thought I was doing so well keeping it together.
You have a very good point there regarding all the coming-and-going characters. Even Bill Forbes, for whom I didn't much care at the beginning, shouldn't have been killed off so fast imo. I for one especially miss Anna. Jeremy was much cooler with her! I don't hate Bonnie, I just find her emotional fits and all that to be quite repulsive and irritating. Also, she and Jeremy have NO chemistry whatsoever. Bonnie should get with Damon or something, that sounds weird but it could be interesting. THAT is actually something - for once - that would be capable of making her more interesting. Then again, though, I prefer Damon with Rebekah :)
Yes Bill! Anna! Pearl for sure. Then there's Lexi, Mason and every witch ever. Meredith seems to be heading down that road too. Based on popular opinion, probably Sage as well.

Bonnie and Damon would be interesting. Would certainly help her move to the forefront of a story. Although there's a good chance that Damon would just casually mention that Bonnie was in his room and that'd be it.
You going rant-cold-turkey is like going full-bunny-diet overnight. I'm just going to Damon it up and push folks (you) off the wagon. I always enjoy the rants. Best part of the ACP.
lol I tried so hard too! Enabler...
LOL! Vampire Capri-Suns...awesome! I'm thinking those are found in specialty stores.

-*snort* Is he cured...I love how everyone was all concerened about Alaric and no one thought twice about his victims. Then Bonnie gives him this jar of herbs that looks suspiciously like weed...Is there a cure to psychopathy? I think not. I still haven't wrapped my head around his whole "condition"...like is he possessed by Samantha GIlbert's ghost?Has the ring itself taken on a whole personality? What was with the sexy/crazy smirking in the reflection thing?

-I still maintain that one of the most awesome and most annoying things about this show is how death/killing/murder is like having or giving someone a cold. It isn't taken seriously and the people who do take it seriously (like Bonnie) end up being annoying. It's all fun and games until someone permanently murders a member of the Supernatural Scooby-Doo gang.

-I think he is. Maybe. I just hope he keeps a bit of his edge. Damon is right and not just about the blood...he needs some of everything in moderation...including Jackass Stefan.

-I did kinda miss Jeremy. He was just getting to be superbadass when Elena shipped him off. Was that her first time talking to the kid since she sent him away?Not a good example to set Elena. I know she's busy...but it only confirms how little she actually thinks about her brother half the time.

This episode was... fun. I mean for so much to have happened (implied threesomes, reappearance of vampire mind control, Alaric going nuts and stabbing Mer, Jaime almost getting killed....again etc. So little actually happened. And this is why I love TVD's version of a "filler" episode...it's entertaining even though the storylines didn't actually progress. Caroline was awesome...I mean her favorite blood type is B-positive! How fitting!LOL! I love how she went off on Abby like that but yeah...Abby could kick rocks for all I care. In fact Abby, Jaime (who I forgot was still alive and doesn't stand a chance anyways because they're alluding to hooking him up with Bonnie), and Sage can all take a leap of faith off Wickery Bridge. They can take Meredith with them. Anyhoo, Bonnie got the short end of the stick this week...not that I really cared either way, but she did a spell off scene, her mom left her, and Elena begged for forgiveness while letting her know that she basically needs the resident witch to help fix things. I don't see them having Abby change w/o it coming back up down the road...but then again we were promised a return of Bonnie's cousin Lucy and never got that either. When it comes to Bonnie the storylines are just dro...

I like the Beckster but when did she come off as that pathetic?! It was a bit unsettling, Damon smooth talked her into a threesome with a woman she loathes, because she was lonely?! I found that whole ordeal a bit disturbing....and like something I'd see on True Blood. But I kind of like Damon and Rebekah's whatever the heck it is...they play off of each other quite well.And I actually was interested in the return of Sage until she uttered a few lines and reminded me that she's a misogynist and pathetic. ugh that vampirette. She's in love with suicidal Finn?! Why?! Why did they choose the least intersting Original out there as the guy she was fascinated with? What was the appeal?! I'm kind of over the depressed vampire mooning over some long lost love for centuries. It's so season one at this point!We've evolved so much since then. I also still don't like Mer...what is with most of the women on this show?! I think I giggled with mirth when Alaric stabbed her...only to laugh hysterically at the mad dash up the stairs...when the front door was right there!

I'm so torn. Am I supposed to be excited about Damon's rallying of the troops with the "Let's go kill some Originals!" For starters I thought that was the plan months ago..., also why do we need them dead now? I mean overlooking the fact that half of the Original clan are like some of the show's best characters..Klaus, Rebekah, and of course Elijah are just the epitome of Awesome, but are the Originals even still poising a threat? Are they even relevant anymore? Are they even legitimately villians?! Seriously think I lost track of where I'm supposed to stand on this matter.
Let me remind you: Originals = bad!

"I'm kind of over the depressed vampire mooning over some long lost love for centuries. It's so season one at this point" cracked me up, but you just described the premise of the show. Or did you all think Stefan liked Elena for her warm personality? And last episode, we learned why Elena likes Stefan (he can't die so he supposedly won't leave her, unlike everyone else that has died in her life). That is THE most twisted "relationship" in prime time tv, and I use relationship in the loosest sense of the word.
Stefan and eventually Damon seemed to like Elena because she was the antithesis of Katherine. Is a vampire lusting over a long lost love from centuries ago some sort of requirement or something? Vamps are some sad souls then!
I didn't see it as all THAT twisted. Creepy, yes. Unhealthy, yes. Uneven, yes. Twisted, eh. Elena admitting to 'Tatoes last week WHY she started down this path in the first place seemed fairly logical (at least for her).
I thought it was oddly logical for her too. For once she actually made a justifiable argument for loving this guy and I couldn't hate her for it.
'Tatoes! Aw poor Matt. And I agree, I think it was the most sensible thing to come outta that girls mouth since... well ever. She didn't like Stefan because he is a Vampire and therefore immortal... she just finally answered the question of how she rationalized loving a monster- because she was so broken by grief and loss that she took comfort in something that couldn't be taken away. It was strangely self aware for her and all the more heartbreaking in light of how that reasoning backfired so completely. The way she lost Stefan was in some ways worse than him dying, which is why she clings so desperately to saving him.
Alright, I'm back from tree planting! (Read my comment below if you're totally confused right now.) It was a frustrating, yet satisfying experience. I've also developed a hatred for Blue Spruce trees. They're more painfully prickly than Abby's skills at motherhood (How'd you like that awful transition?).

She's just a horrible mother, you know?. Now she's not only abandoning Bonnie, but Jaime as well. Good riddance I say. Sage is another character I could do without. How old is she, again? Like 900? Aren't the Originals basically the same age? TVD's timelines are crazy confusing. Rebekah is completely insecure, Meredith is just ugh, Bonnie's useless half the time, and Elena is one of the most annoying characters on the show. You're right, what is with TVD's writers and their portrayal of women? All I can say is: THANK GOD FOR CAROLINE! She's strong, independent, smart, and doesn't take sh*t from anybody.

"I mean her favorite blood type is B-positive! How fitting!LOL!" - Haha! I didn't even notice that!

It's funny because The Secret Circle is the exact opposite. TSC is chalk full of strong and likeable female characters. Cassie is possibly the most powerful/complicated female lead on TV, Dr. Melissa has become a fan favorite, and Faye is just pure, uncut unadulterated awesomeness. I guess TVD and TSC at least equal each other out.

I'm also not too excited about the prospect of losing the Originals. I've NEVER been a Klaus hater, Elijah is one of my favorite characters, and Rebekah and Damon have cool chemistry together. I'm actually hoping some unknown Big Bad comes gallivanting into town and forces the Scooby Gang to team up with the O's. Wouldn't that be great?

"And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling vampires!"
More +
LOL! I heart the transition!Caroline is my great white hope on this show as far as the females are concerned. Wait..is that racist?!LOL! But yeah, it was just a poor episode in the portrayal in the women and probably set the movement back a millenia!

You're right. They do balance each other out. Along with my petition for more Melissa time I'm thinking about one for getting more young males on the show. Not because I want to stare at them...okay not JUST because I want to stare at them, but because TSC needs a good bromance or something, at the very least a little extra testosterone to round out the epic female invasion of awesomeness! I mean TSC only has Jake...who is okay, I'll reluctantly admit...Nick and Lee are dead though the former may be returing somehow, Aussie dude is probably as temporary as Melissa's cousin was, and Adam spent most of the season being the equivalent of a girl...so basically that just leaves Jake. Oh...I just dissed my favorite male on the show. I heart Adam.

Now that would be a cool classic. The ole, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing. I'm so with you on that! LOL!
More +
Yeah I was confused about the whole Sage age thing... From what I understand (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong), Finn was staked and put in a coffin by Klaus about 900 years ago. So Sage has been "pining" for him for that long? I really did not think there was anything special about him.. He's no Elijah that's for sure!
Yeah what was with that? I was a bit lost on that as well!
I come here JUST to find your comments. I literally do. Awesome Comment Parade, every weekend.

Also, if I read this recap right, and I think I'm not sure if I didn't, they basically want to kill off the only good characters in the show?

These writers! Always keeping me on my toes...and I didn't even watch the last two episodes.

But I digress. Maybe someday the residents of Mystic Falls will realized that poor Bonnie, always orbiting Elena, cast a spell on them one day a long time ago, to convince them that Elena is just super. And then they'll all realize what a poor excuse for a leading lady she tends to be. (Did she forget she had a brother until Alaric wrote that letter? Like "Jerem- OH! Jeremy! That dude is my broseph! Man, I wonder what he's up to these days...getting all nostalgic for all that time I never spent with him when he was here now...kinda miss that frien- brother.")

And maybe they'll spontaneously combust, except for the Cool Originals, and maybe Damon. And Jeremy can return and be a badass.

And maybe people will start to emote.

And maybe...no. Won't waste any more time.

The point is, AWESOME COMMENT PARADE.
More +
Aww have I told you lately that I love you Ciara?! Cuz I do! Which is like huge since I spent the entire week bordering on misanthropic. people suck you know? So do vampires! ; ) I only try to keep up with the awesomeness that is your comments and of course if I don't try to be awesome when commenting it would be an insult to the Awesome vibe of this place as a direct result of the King of Awesome, Mr. Price Peterson. enough awesome in there for ya?LOL

LOL! Jeremy's more like her Brousin. Cousther? No? I'll come up with a word yet to properly describe the complexities of the relationships on this show!

LOL!
haha awesome comment parade is right. I love our little subcommunity within the fandom. Makes up for all the bat shit crazy out there.
But we are bat shit crazy which is probably what makes the subcommunity so fun! We need a name for the merry band of Pricers...I think Montana's patent pending one works for now. : )
LMAO Montana, you're doing nothing to help the bat shit crazy perception... But I would appreciate a capri sun count actually. Per character, per season. Should keep you busy til Thursday!
Yeah, it's probably pretty cult-y. Oh well, fun while it lasted.

What should our new fixation be?? Counting # capri-suns consumed? Oooh, I think I'ma obsess over THAT. Better break out my sesame-street font.....

I dunno you guys.. I feel like if we name it, we've crossed the line from obsessed to cult? Or have we already done this?

... I wonder what Price thinks of all this.
IDK. "Merry Band of Pricer's" sounds good too. PRICE might not like it (sorry, dude) but I'm getting a very Robin Hood-y vibe from it.
Sometimes we ARE the bat shit crazy. (I mean that in a good way.)

Also, super sad that real!life made me late/miss the ACP SubCom (patent pending).
@mmmshuddup Um, is that sarcasm font? I really can't tell. :(

(If you've ever seen TBBT, then I need one of Sheldon's sarcasm signs.)
@bluemystique hahaha that's classic. I was just teasing you guys in good fun!

@MeftihePhoen haha as we speak I am flagging all of these comments as spam ;) haha
haha guys, maybe we should move on to twitter or tumblr before tv.com suspends our accounts?

And I said 4hrs as of Monday Montana, now God only knows.

I finally get why they tried to limit the number of replies allowed. I'll stop now.
@mmmshuddup your screen name has me paranoid! Is it horrible that we have such long thread comments? You can tell me to shut up and I'll be perfectly fine with it! I actually feel guilty every time I type something but I just can't help myself!
Wow, you guys are notorious for having the LONGEST comment threads in forum history lol. Even Price noticed it last week!
"Live it, Love it, Own it. Stop being ashamed of who you are." See, Damon DID have the best life-advice ever.

BTW, you might need to check your math. Estimate seems a little low. :)
haha MIGHT? I've recently embraced it. When people asked me on Monday morning what I did this weekend I said I spent about four hours reading T.V show recaps and commenting. No shame.
I love the weeks where the ACP from one episode just finishes/is still trickling on as a new episode is actively being aired. Gods, we might need lives.
hahah allow me to translate: ACP= Awesome Comment Parade. Montana was late to the party due to having an actual life. We forgive you! The ACP lasts all week!
I don't know what you just said, but it's part of AWESOME COMMENT PARADE, so it earns approval through that alone.
My reasons for coming here: (I like lists, okay)

1. Price's hilarious recaps.

2. bluemystique's and your comments.

3. TVD fans are the best!
LOL! Wow. I don't even know how to respond to that. I come for Price's recaps...because they literally make my weekend sometimes and as a self-proclaimed snarkette I appreciate his awesome sense of humor! Price=Awesome basically. Yes also because the comments are fun to read and TVD fans are entertaining.
Can we just go ahead and declare Price the Caroline of the Internet?
Haha! Awesome post! I wish I could write more but I have to go help my Grandmother plant some trees (seriously, that is not a joke). But I promise to have a more in depth response later :)
Happy Tree Planting!
Thanks! I couldn't feel the nature around me (witch gardening must be sweet), but it was fun.
Really? Cuz all I ever feel is dirt : (
Aw, darn. I ALWAYS feel the nature. Every time.
I love the fact that alaric made a list of all the council members but then he killed them in a completely random order. If he had murdered them in a chronological order, his love interest would be long gone.

That way we never know who's next if bonnie's magic cure failed (and i'm hoping it did).

btw: bonnie is well qualified of being a doctor in this town if meredith is the standard of medical expertise.
Ok, so Alaric-Elena thing is getting ceepier. I mean he is not only living with his underage student but he is also sponsoring her. Hmmm Creepy.

1. So I think he is cured, but maybe not for long period. I mean Matt has another show, so as guest cast he won't be able to be the psycho-murderer.

2. Well they are just freaky characters who just think that murder is some kind of fun like rollercoaster or whatever.

3. I hope we won't see nice Stefan any time soon. I mean, nice Stefan is lame, boring guy who is always about to faint when he sees Elena. So I hope he'll stay bad!

4. I do not miss Jeremy at all. He was annoying and boring and he can stay wherever he is now. I don't care and the show lost nothing with his departure,

Oh, and great recams, Price. As usual!
Hold on isn't Elena 18 yet? I'm pretty sure she is...
Well she is now 18, but he started living with her when she was 17. and this is creepy because he is still her teacher and totally strange guy.
I think the fact that Alaric lives with her should be the LEAST of Elena's concerns considering she dates vampires who eat people and kill by the masses. The only reason it's weird NOW is that Alaric got unwillfully turned into a pyscho Jeckyll/Hyde type deal because of the ring. He's a surrogate guardian and since he dated JENNA, it kinda fits. So, yeah...I couldn't disagree more.
I don't get why 500 yr old red head vampire from Smallville didn't just kill Damon there at the end when he's threatening her love? He was certainly asking for it.
because she still wanted to have sex with him in the future, I believe...
1)- Hope not, Matt Davis is great when he's playing a pyscho

2)- For Elena, she only cares if thae persons that dies is her friend or relative, otherwise she's cool with murder. I mean Stefan kill a lot of people at the begging of this season and she doesn't care.

3)- Unfortunately yes! I mean I'm gonna miss ripper Stefan (because He was AWESOME), it was a matter of time to get nice (boring) Stefan back!

4)- Yes! I still hope he will become a vampire hunter, like his ancesters. And I pray to God that he will keep away from Bonnie, WORST COUPLE EVER!

PS: I'm supposse to care for Bonnie, her mother and Jamie? Because I totally don't, as usual the most boring part of the episode came from that storyline.

Sorry for my english
1) Let's hope not, I just love those creepy reflections.

2) Good question. I'm guessing nothing much.

3) God, that's so boring. I want him to be either Saint Stefan or Ripper Stefan, because now he's just lame and even more broody than he was a Nice Stefan. At least he shared some laughs with Elena when they were together in rainbows and all that stuff. Now he's plainly depressing, feeling sorry for himself. Elena should stab him some more instead of empathizing. Seriously, grow a pair, Stef.

4) Yay! Jeremy! Loved it.

I am worried about the white oak wood, I mean, what when the originals die? What's the storyline next? They're all such great characters, why not let them stay, please? I do understand that something needs to happen, because, let's face it, the Alaric Storyline isn't all that.

2 more things: vampires can read minds? Huh? That was weird. Btw, I think Sage zzzzzzz. Sheesh, she's dull. And she's very pathetic to wait out for Finn, at least Damon only waited a good hundred years for Katherine. Rebekah totally won that lady face-off, duh.

Lastly: oh Caroline! Where did your storyline go? Now you're just vampirenurse? That's really sad, underusing a great character like that. Even though I loved her heartfelt speeches (only one of them worked, sadly), she's much more than that. We need more Caroline :)!
-I have a sneaking suspicion that he is not 100% cured.

-If it doesn't fit Elena's agenda, she might THEN disapprove. She's got so many double-standards that I can't even keep track anymore!

-...zzzZZZzzz...

-Not unless he gets interesting again.

I hate Sage! I, too, am NOT thrilled about Klaus and Rebekah being in danger! :O Like we discussed before - and like I mentioned in my episode review for this one - I can't imagine this show POST-originals! I mean, what on earth could they possibly give us to replace them? THE ORIGINALS! Somehow I think that trying to discuss original werewolves would not be nearly as interesting. They better darn well find a way to salvage at the very least Klaus and Rebekah or I'm gonna be irate and stop watching! :O There I said it.
"what on earth could they possibly give us to replace them? THE ORIGINALS!"

- AGREED!

PS: Please dear God save Elijah too ;_______________________________;
Ok so here it is... If they don't save those three I'm straight going to kill myself. lol
I want to like this, because LOL, but I worry you might take offense to the suicide support.
LOL I won't
This really was a slow episode, but it seems to me TVD and TSC are tag teaming. Whenever one week is good in one of them, the other HAS TO have a slow episode, like there's only so much creativity to go around CW. As for the calling the show insane, I think the proper name is "suspension of disbelief". True, 1st class of Audiovisual 101. I was there.

I was seriously amused with the slasher scene (the most exicting of the episode), where Alaric runs around the house with a knife after Meredith... All I could think was "That's what you're good at, Kevin! Keep at it!" Then, after reading your recap and you mentioned it too, I popped to IMDB to check what other slashers he wrote besides the ones I remembered and I was shocked to see that he wrote 90% of the suspense movies I watched back then. All of them SUPER famous. He's like the screenwriter to most Wes Craven-ish movies that came out in the 90s. He even directed a favorite of mine, Teaching Mrs. Tingle. Oh, right, sorry about the tangent.

Teaching Mrs.Tingle was kind of amazingly bad in the way that most 90's films were!
Exactly my point. Thank you.
I have to give some love to the "Don't axe me" slide of Caroline... sooooo bad, Price... and yet soooo good!!!
I JUST got that. Oh man. It took me like a week to get the I C U pun way back when.
I'm not happy about Bonnie getting close to surrogate child bloke, but pretty much because I want her for myself. Glad that Jeremy is back, and is it just me or does his hair seem to get better with time?
i think it was so hilarious the manuscript that crazy alaric left for jeremy to read....it would have taken jeremy a few years to read all of that as even on his best school behaviour jeremy never made it through more than 10 pages.... and wouldn't alaric in his non-possessed state found that whole drawer content weird? but yeah...who cares about that anymore...

..also in the promo for this episode was there a dialog between meredith and alaric - about her knowing that the real alaric is not crazy and crazy alaric demanding her to open the door -that didn't made it to the episode?
I want Tyler to come back, he's been gone forever. Really want to see his reaction to the whole Klaus-liking-Caroline thing too, it would be fairly hilarious. "When did this happen?"

"After I got you to bite her and she almost died."
Was anyone else picturing Jeremy going all Cheerleader from Heroes and killing himself multiple times with his friends just cause he could with the ring on. Thus driving himself Alaric crazy. He'll show up episode before the last one and start offing council members.
Did coming back from the dead make him a supernatural creature? That first suicide would be a bit of a risk.
First off, I would like to sum up my feelings for this episode in one word: JEREMY!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm better now.

Anyway, I have to say, even though I'm not the biggest fan of the whole psycho Alaric plot line, it would seem a bit ridiculous for them to drop it just like that. Seriously, would they really just leave it there? I doubt it.

Isn't the word 'murder' synonymous with 'vampire'? I can see why the vampires of the town usually behave indifferently to murder. After all, that's how most of them survive. As for the human and semi-human characters, I have no idea. I guess they're just insensitive?

Honestly, I don't think Stefan is really ever going to go back to the way he was. Damon's plan sounds like a good one to me. If it works, Stefan won't be a ripper, so he'll be slightly less awesome, but he won't be eating bunnies, so he'll be slightly less boring. At this point, it really doesn't matter, as long as he and Damon continue to have awesome brotherly bonding moments.

As for the whole Jeremy situation, well, you basically know how I feel about that. Although, I doubt he's really back just yet, which makes me sad.

I would also like to say how much I love reading your reviews! You always have me giggling like an idiot. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to watch season two, when Alaric still appeared normal and Jeremy was a regular on the show.
Damon's dancing make me dizzy - at least one thing Sexy Damon cannot do. Absolutely cannot.

Good Review price. Still cracking at "the town remaining survivors"
Hows about we get Damon and Rebekah together, get Klaus, Elijah and Stefan together as drinking buddies and kill off the rest of the original family?

lets face it, no one cares about Finn, Kohl (spelt right?) and Mummy dearest. Damon and Rebekah are great together (said it before) and Elijah and Klaus are just darn interesting.
Hey Icare about Kol! He's funny! But yeah Finn and Ester can junp off a bridge with a rock tied to their leg
Over every Kol scene/mention my brain superimposes Price's "Not the D-Bag" photo-cap from a few weeks ago.
Can we address the elephant in the room? The Originals > The Salvatores. The only way to get rid of The Originals and make me happy is a spin-off. Listen up CW. You can have a television show with storyarcs that jump centuries at a time. Think of all the wigs!!! Also Caroline would have to be there because she is awesome.
ALL OF THIS! \o/
and Katherine! Don't forget her! Lurking in the corner of scenes in wig after wig the way she apparently did for centuries...
rebekhah and matt are an awesome couple.. i'd be down for caroline and klaus if klaus stopped being a douche and caroline finally stood up and said I GET TO SAY HE LIVES, I'M ON TEAM LETS ALL REVOLVE AROUND ELENA, AND I WANT TO BE HAPPY TOO!

jeremy was totally a scene scripted before he left to meet whatever needs they required of him. a waste of time.

stefan is an idiot who can't seem to decide between being an ass and loving elena, whereas damon made his choice to love elena and stop being an ass. as i recall this is exactly what she asked of him when stefan went on the lose end and damon was still not willing to admit he loved her (which has been from season one if you read subtext)

and without the gore and language that shows can get away with on not the cw, the vampire diaries does the best job out there to keep the show fresh, enjoyable, and interesting to watch without the gore, etc.. they focus on story and character development, which can always given more attention
I would agree with Rebekah and Matt if it wouldn't inevitably end in Matt the Vampire. No, just no!

And I agree TVDs strengths are its character development, but with all the extra characters, cohesive story development has been abandoned. I hope they can turn it around before the finale.
"Bonnie performed her reversal spell on Alaric DURING THE COMMERCIAL BREAK. Because that's just how this show rolls" I laughed so hard at that (probably because it is so true)

LOL never thought about Tyler and Jeremy's dog. LOL, just LOL

(1) HUm...IDK I'm torn between wanting to see another plotline and wanting to see Jeremy and Alaric as team badass murderers.

(2) That's simply not possible on the TVD world.

(3) Sure. Urgh. I like Stefan himself...but when he comes back the rainbows and unicorns will come back too and annoy the heck outta me.

(4) YES! (PS: was I the only one thinking that as soon as elena would hung up the phone he'd finish stabbing his roommate?)
Ha ha! 4...I was totally thinking that too!! Now that would have been a great final scene!
Lol I was thinking that he'd hang up the phone and turn to Katherine......so wanna see those two team up. It was a total let-down to have him hang up and.....nothing. Lost opportunity TVD writers!
oooh that's a twist I hadn't considered! I felt like since we all expected it to pan out on Jeremy stepping over a bloody corpse, it would have been too obvious for it to happen. Jeremy and Katherine, however, would've been uhmazing.
THIS. SO MUCH.
Why aren't those two teaming up again. They could wreak some serious havoc!
Don't we all Montana, don't we all. Please let next week be good!
True. I guess I just REALLY want him to not be in Denver or be out slaying folks.
I dunno. I could be reading too much into the bed with his coat on it and the night stand with the little football player, but that was the impression I got. Standard clumsy television "this is a boy's room" stuff.
@safibwana, who says that's his bedroom? His was a little sketchy during the phone conversation and we've never seen the TVD version of Denver.

In *my* world, Jeremy is doing something kick-ass. With Katherine +/or Tyler.
oh right, I keep forgetting bout the doppleganger thing. That would be super weird for Jeremy...
Jeremy and a corpse might have been a little dark, but Jeremy hanging out in his bedroom with his sister's look-a-like is too twisted even for this show.
I'm really disappointed that while Sage was able to "read" Damon for the info that the originals were linked she WASN'T able to read him that the sign was also made of the same wood.

It's a coincidence that makes the story weaker...It would have worked better if Rebekah had been working with Sage all along.

I REALLY hoped they'd do more with the Jeremy cameo, like maybe after he hangs off he walks out of his room with Klaus or Katherine or someone equally interesting and/or mysterious...I think I only miss him because the last couple episodes have been pretty weak.

Also, not a fan of the crazy Alaric storyline. It screams of the writers saying "We need to have Ric do something, he hasn't done anything cool all season"...I guess at least they didn't give him a stupid amnesia plot or something, but really this is almost as bad.
Maybe she was able to "read" Damon about the sign. It would not be the first time that someone has messed up one of his plans. Rebakah +/or Sage might be on to his bridge-rage performance who knows with TVD. The double crosses get double crossed to often to be a surprise.
Still love you and your recaps, but the last three or four episodes were crazy and not in a good way. Everyone accted out of character, stupid and plain crazy. It felt like all of a sudden I was watchig a different episode.

What's with TVD and vilans. Where's the big-bad that makes me fear for my fav characters lifes? I do like Klaus, but him and Caroline cannot happen. I adore Rebekah, but she's starting to be 'girl on a mission' and it takes away the fun in her.

Point is. TVD's still good, but I think it can do better.
Dude. I can't believe you didn't mention how Caroline brought up the situation with her Dad when talking to Jamie about dealing with Abby transitioning. She mentioned that she'd gone through the same thing with her dad a "while ago," but didn't that happen, like, yesterday! The timeline on this show is seriously all over the place.
Wel, at least she showed us that she still cared about his death. I was kind of angry because in the prior episodes, she seemed like she was over her dad's death 5 minutes after he died. That was the only thing I kind of liked in this episode.
1. Naaaaaah they probably don't have any other storyline for him.

2. It takes a) an Original to murder (because then it's not okay, while usually it is) or b) Damon to murder (depending on Elena's mood)

3. Jeez I hope not. Kind of feeling like he is though.

4. Surprisingly I really did!
Load More Comments