The Walking Dead: Characters Come Back From the Dead

I'd just like to start out by saying that if you were part of MY group of zombie-apocalypse survivors, I wouldn't let some petty shit come between us and create in-fighting within the group. You could tell me that you just kicked my cat, ate my last Ho-Ho, or forgot to turn off my iPod, and it wouldn't bother me that much because I've got bigger things on the brain, like, oh, I don't know... not being eaten? So go ahead and tell me that you banged that chick who is 30 years too young for me, remind me that a zombie ate my sister during gun training, and keep a secret from me (as long as that secret isn't "There's a zombie in your tent").

This wasn't the case with The Walking Dead's survivors on Sunday. People were at each other's throats (and in their laps) in "Secrets," a step in the right direction even though everyone is still just having a campout at Greene Family Farms. Maybe the producers decided some changes were in order, because there was a substantial amount of sorely needed character interaction in "Secrets" (excluding from Carol and T-Dog, of course), and the episode was much, much better for it.

It was secret-spilling day on the farm, and three whoppers came out with mixed results. Glenn was a secret sieve, and all it took was the pressure of a sideways glance: He blurted out to Dale that Lori was pregnant and the barn was full of walkers. Also, Lori finally told Rick the truth about Shane. That last one was a particularly huge step for the series to take, and it was so nice to see Rick react the way he did. He didn't blow his top or walk off and talk to inanimate objects, he thought about the big picture (he'd already had a hunch about it anyway) and either swallowed his rage or finally came to the realization that people do nutty things when the dead stop being dead. For once Lori and Rick weren't arguing about something! How about that?

But that was the only bit of cheek-turning in "Secrets." Others argued with each other for all the right reasons, instead of fighting just because every day seems like Monday during the zombie apocalypse and Starbucks is closed. Shane taught Andrea to be an expert marksman with his technique of pissing her off to no end by reminding her that zombies ate her sister. But that tough love came in handy when they ended up surrounded by zombies and she went all "Eye of the Tiger" on 'em. She repaid Shane with a crotch grab and some horn-honking sex, and I for one was thrilled, because Shane and Andrea are peas in a pod. They're both messed-up in the head, but when they have moments of clarity, they're awesome.

That impromptu love session pitted Dale against Shane, as the former has weird daughter-girlfriend issues with Andrea. It was nice to see Dale step up and get angry for a change. He's always been a man of conviction who never pushed his convictions on others, and if he has to be a weirdo perv old man to stand up for his beliefs, so be it. At least he's not just the guy with binoculars on top of the RV anymore. His confrontations with Lori and Hershel were also great. Overall, a great episode for Dale.

Maggie is the best thing to happen to Glenn since this whole mess started. A few weeks ago I complained about Glenn being treated like everyone's gopher, and Maggie had the sense to let Glenn know he's awesome and shouldn't be the one lowered into fat-zombie-occupied wells. GLENN! Listen to her! Let T-Dog run into town and get abortion pills! Send Carol into the woods as the errand girl! We'll see if Glenn stands up for himself moving forward, but at least the seed has been planted.

"Secrets" was a maturation event for Season 2, as the characters actually interacted with each other instead of wrestling with their own problems internally or engaging in spirited (and heavy-handed) philosophical debate. I've said before that The Walking Dead wants to be a character-driven show instead of a never-ending horror movie, but the characters have all been so bleh lately. This changed dramatically in "Secrets," an episode that brought the survivors to life and gave the show a much needed punch in the face. There was still no progress made on the search for Sophia, but dammit, some of these characters got a lot more familiar and interesting, and that's what counts.

Notes:
– Zombies everywhere! There were lots of zombie ambushes in "Secrets," which isn't going to sit well with some people. Did the walker in the pharmacy just sit quietly until Maggie reached into the shelves? Was he a ninja zombie? Why did all the zombies decide to descend on that neighborhood from all sides only after Shane and Andrea went into the house? When did zombies become masters of the art of stealth? This isn't a problem that's going to go away. In both cases, the undead were used to propel characters forward (Glenn as a hero, Andrea as a badass, gun-totin' prodigy). These zombie surprises are going to be happening A LOT. Do they make sense? No. But they're plot devices that enrich the characters, and the sooner you become okay with that, the better. But seriously, check and clear the pharmacy before you wander into dark corners of the room next time, okay?

– The zombies in the barn aren't just walkers, they're family! But do they really need to be fed? And why break the chickens' legs? Why not let the zombies get in a little exercise if you're so concerned about their well-being?

– Lori continues to be annoying as all heck. Even I know that morning-after pills don't work that way. It's right there in the name: MORNING AFTER.

– I'm having some concerns over the amount of ammunition the survivors are using for shooting practice. By the time everyone's a pro, they'll each have one bullet left. And if that's the situation, you don't have to be Quickdraw McGraw to point the gun at your own temple.

– I'm not sure of the exact moment at which series creator Frank Darabont was let go from the show, but if it was right before this episode, maybe it's a good thing?

– Characters I'm liking/find interesting right now: Glenn, Maggie, Shane, Andrea, Carl, Daryl. Characters I'm lukewarm on: Dale, Hershel. Characters who need a kick in the ass: Rick, T-Dog, Carol, the rest of the Greenes. Characters who need to get their entrails ripped out by a herd of zombies: Lori. Characters who I've forgotten ever existed: Sophia.

Follow TV.com writer Tim Surette on Twitter: @TimAtTVDotCom

Dec 06, 2011
Here is a suggestion, Merly shows up wigged out on meth with the an evil dead style chanisaw glove and slaughters everyone.....end series.
Nov 28, 2011
I loved the episode minus the part where she broke the chicken's legs. Wtf was that?? I'm down with everything - and I mean everything - BUT animal cruelty and having to listen to the chicken scream was so freaking unnecessary.
Nov 27, 2011
I don't understand why everyone hates the 'search for Sophia' storyline so much. I think it's great. It gives the characters a bit of downtime to develop. Plus which I think the whole 'not knowing what has happened to her' thing quite horriffic. I'm not a Sophia fan but I don't think you have to be. Can you imagine how horrible it is for someone to not know whether there loved one is alive or not and have the hope fade little by little each day? Plus which waiting for the moment when the group finally give up hope and how they broach the subject with Carol is kinda fun. I love the tension that is created in Walking Dead. It's not a 2 hour movie to see how a group of strangers band together and survive a few zombie attacks, it's bigger and better than that, it's about how people LIVE, day to day, 24/7 for the rest of thier lives in the new reality of unrelenting danger in a post-apocalyptical world. I think the 'slow burn' of the plots makes it even more interesting, plus which, in the end the pay-offs will be more rewarding.
Nov 26, 2011
This is going to sound wrong but, you know i'm finding myself getting more attracted to the Andrea character??

She's a pain and if there wasn't a shortage of ammo i'd probably shoot her but I think she looks kind of..... Sexy?

Hmmm might be the choice of her or the walking Zombie meat?? Nah, I think it's her.
Nov 26, 2011
Also...you know I hate myself for it, but is it mean that I really wouldn't mind if they find Sophie and she's a Walker? I know.. sick and twisted....but I can't help it.
Nov 26, 2011
The zombie in the pharmacy didn't bother me - we've seen examples before of zombies lying in almost a coma until they are roused. The zombie in the tank with Rick, for one. For some, when there is no immediate food source around, their instinct seems to be to shut down and lie supine until it appears in front of them. I like this. Why should zombies all act exactly the same way just because they're zombies?

Lori and the MA pills. I guess when it's the only possible solution you take it anyway, whether you're using them correctly or not. If they're all there is, you're going to take them and hope they work. Doesn't make her dumb.

The only question I have about this episode is I don't really understand Maggie's attitude to walkers. The very moment we meet her, she has no qualms or squeamishness about galloping up on one and whacking it in the head with a baseball bat. She sure didn't see THAT one as a person, or think they might not be dangerous. She accepted, apparently, that when you see a walker, you need to bash its head in first and ask questions later. So her attitude now seems very odd.
Nov 24, 2011
Morning after pills will work if you take a handful of them like Lori did. Either way, I didn't care. This show hit bottom when Sophia went missing and still hasn't recovered. Every week I come close to not watching it but for some reason I keep tuning in...
Nov 24, 2011
i was going to take my mother-in-law to the range to learn to shoot...this episode changed my mind real quick : )
Nov 24, 2011
Take her anyway, I say. Legally it should be alright to shoot them.
Nov 24, 2011
I'm just afraid of the car ride back...
Nov 23, 2011
um, can someone tell me how suddenly gi jane is making headshots from around 30+ yds with a handgun?
Nov 26, 2011
That's because when she's not on screen she's in the house playing MW3 isn't it obvious?!
Nov 23, 2011
She' got the talent) And she was good at the training by the way.
Nov 23, 2011
I guess she didn't realize it wasn't a stickshift 'till it was too late.
Nov 23, 2011
I don't think Dale confronted Shane because of Andrea (or she was just the last drop). Everything he said actually made a lot of sense. That guy notices things, he's probably been keeping an eye on Shane for a while. And I don't know if Shane's always been like this or if it's the Otis thing, but he might just be a psychopath
Nov 24, 2011
I think it was a bit of both. He notices that Shane has some psychopath qualities that and he got all up im Andrea's guts. OH YEAHHHHHHHH
Nov 26, 2011
It seems obvious that Dale's had his eye on Shane since he saw him draw down on Rick. You see a guy thinking about shooting his best friend in the back like that and you tend to be suspicious about what kind of man he is, all round. And Shane really hasn't done anything since to change Dale's mind about that, in Dale's eyes, I think.
Nov 23, 2011
I just think dale is practicing many different ways to get himself killed...hey, i know you were gonna shoot rick, hey, i know you got a barn full of zombies, hey, i know ur pregnant. keen eye my a**- a herd full of zombies walking 1/2 mph snuck up on him while he was on guard duty...
Uma
Nov 23, 2011
Yeah, I agree I don't think it was the Andrea thing and I think Shane is one of those types who might enjoy an apocalypse because it gives him a sense of importance he never had before. I know Shane is supposed to be awesome survivor guy but I wouldn't wanna be alone with him ever.
Nov 23, 2011
Wouldn't it be awesome if they finally opened the barn next episode, and there is little Sophia? Then Carol shows that she has come a long way from being the battered wife and puts a bullet in her little girl's head! THAT would be some good television.
Uma
Nov 23, 2011
I am choosing to believe the Dale getting upset at Shane was a fatherly thing. More Daryl.
Nov 23, 2011
This episode was the 6th episode of the second season, meaning that at this point Sophia has been missing for half of the show's run. This is a problem for me because the show is still too focused on this storyline. They are where they are because of Sophia. They're fighting because of Sophia. Teaching kids how to shoot, partially, because of Sophia. At this point, Sophia had better be a zombie, with Meryl or morphed into some kick-ass, survivalist forest kid for this to (marginally) pay off.

As for the episode as a whole, I felt like it was a step in the right direction. People revealing their true colors, namely Shane proving he may very well be a sociopath, makes it seem like the second half of the season may pick up the pace. Or least one can hope so.
Nov 23, 2011
Second season is not good, very disappointed. Thought there was huge potential for an amazing multi year run after the first season.
Agreed. It's a shame.
Nov 23, 2011
This is the first time I actually agree with the "it's getting boring crowd". Last week I defended the show but this week they deleted Daryl (bar none the best character) and for me it's crossing the line. This show needs some heavy run and gun offense at this point and instead of camping out at a ranch it's about time the crew made a dash and explored the post apocalyptic world now.

This episode had promise when you were left wondering what was going to happen with a barn full of zombies but nothing really happened. It still remains a barn full of zombies. All the nitpicking drama just seems generic and empty now. Sophia either needs to be found or left in the woods. Andrea still letting her sister's death bother her is just plain stupid. And the love triangle between Lori, Rick, and Shane can't hold a candle to anything Dynasty would have provided, even if the setting is a world overrun by zombies. Maggie and Glen have zero chemistry and the old guy who still thinks "zombies are human" is being childish. But not in a viewing friendly way like Daryl's asshole brother.

This brings me to my biggest beef. Why the hell is the best character laying in a tent with no lines to read? Look, I know they are creating a series and you can't exhaust all your best ideas or over use your best character or actor, but this is not wise. Daryl literally could be doing anything by himself and it would be interesting. Which is making me wonder if we really need the rest of the cast. This series really needs to turn into a commando style drama pronto or else there won't be anything worth watching.

I have a few ideas though.

Weather change - It would be fun to watch the clan tramp around in the snow perhaps some people die from hypothermia.

Animal Zombies - How come animals aren't zombies yet? I would love to see a crazed zombie dog or bear chasing people around. Think about it. Not only do you have to worry about humans wanting to eat you alive but now you have a zoo full of loose animals either zombified or just simply being themselves, which either way is good because they're going to be hungry regardless.

Change of location - the fun thing about an apocalyptic world is that you can go wherever you want. Unfortunately, a ranch isn't the funnest place for a viewer, so move on already.

Show more Daryl - I've already gone through this but you can't simply ignore such a glaring flaw.

Psychopaths - Where are all the psychopaths who now can use the world as a playground for all types of atocities? Enter Daryl's brother.

Anyways those are my thoughts, I'm sure some words are spelled wrong some topics weren't covered but regardless lets please get this show back on track or we might have to give it over to Hbo that way we can explore the word "fuck" more often. Perhaps give it some much needed edge.
Nov 24, 2011
All your ideas we'll probably see in next season, because comic book is heading in that direction ;)

Don't worry, there's enough material for at least 7-8 seasons... :)
Nov 24, 2011
I hope so, I really hope so.
Nov 23, 2011
Maybe whatever causes the zombies doesn't work in animals. They don't get the common cold, so maybe it is a virus.
Nov 23, 2011
Yeah I was pretty bummed with the lack of Darryl in this episode. He needs to be in at least 75% of every episode. I'm actually kinda surprised they haven't run into any psychos yet, I'm sure we all know how willing certain people are to exploit chaos. All great suggestions but the writers seem a little stiff and confused half the time. I think all the writers that left all those canceled soap opera shows got a job writing this season, sure seems like it. Another thing that would be pretty cool- exploring the dynamics of more than one group.
Nov 24, 2011
Either this series or Terra Nova... unemployed writers are ruining my nights!!!!
Nov 25, 2011
you're pretty hot Florblyth.
Nov 23, 2011
Great character interactions, but Zombie scares were a bit boring and predictable or not realistic. I look forward to the next episode!
Nov 23, 2011
I'm only watching this show anymore to see if they will head for the ocean! Or France :)
Nov 23, 2011
I agree. This episode was INCREDIBLE! I was starting to feel a little off with the characters, but this episode made things real for me.

However, I would like to see some flashbacks....I want to know where these people were when the dead started walking.

and they need to kill of T-Dog.....sorry.
Nov 24, 2011
Not me, I couldn't care less about the 'origin' spin-offs. Boring and unnecessary.
Nov 23, 2011
no apologies... you are right!
Nov 23, 2011
Flash backs PLEASE. I want to see how this started, where they were when the news came out zombies were taking over, what made them decide to leave their homes, SOMETHING! Because at this point these people have all gone stupid.

Make Sophia just go away please. We don't care, and obviously her mother doesn't either because all she does is laundry all day and wait for others to come back who have risked their lives for her.
Nov 22, 2011
(1) Lori is an excellent character. I think you're dead wrong about her in your analysis.

(2) Dale and T-Dog are beyond terrible. Dale, the sagely old-man who can glean secrets with his wizardly wisdom and then goes on to side with them all, privately, is lame.

(3) We simply CANNOT care about Sophia. They really dropped the ball on what could be an awesome sub plot. All they have to do is *show us* what is happening to Sophia. Show us her struggle. Let us have the chance to know her, to care, even if she dies. Without us knowing what's going on with her it's virtually impossible to care about a girl who had zero lines in season (2) so far.

(4) Andrea's insta-marksman moment was ridiculously bad. They may as well just give her a katana and let her do ninja-flips in between geek executions. Geez ...
Nov 23, 2011
Yeah I'm with you on everything except point 1. To put it nicely Lori is a cunt.
Nov 23, 2011
LOL. I disagree with 1. But everything else i think is one point.

number 3 is a big issue for me. I wish they would have given her more lines before she went missing. I have trouble trying to care about her well-being. Maybe they should have made her a teenager, that would have been a good subplot. (Not to mention if they ever reunited, it would be such a tear jerker)
Nov 22, 2011
I've also been thinking about wether the zombies need to eat... and they don't, right? And they never get tired, right? So the survivors should obviously not kill them, but rather place them on a treadwheel, and they'd have perpetual energy! Goodbye global warming... the world would be much better.
Nov 23, 2011
But sometimes, they like to sit in churches... you know.
Nov 23, 2011
Thank you, guys. And don't worry, danrod, if it comes to that, right before my campaign I'll change my name to Daniel Marwues. Sounds a lot fancier.
Nov 24, 2011
been thinkin' of some campaign slogans for you: "yes they can", "a zombie in every barn", "there's nothing to fear but fear and a whole lotta frickin' dead people" (ok, so that last one wasnt actually a slogan...)
Nov 23, 2011
sorry for the typos-its early...that's danielbmarques (no disrespect meant)
Nov 23, 2011
man, talk about making lemonadeout of lemons. i love the idea and vote danielmarwues for prez of post-zombie America!
Nov 23, 2011
You my friend, are a free thinker.
Nov 22, 2011
I think I've reached the tipping point. I'm getting fed up of the zombie soap opera. Its time for The Walking Dead to delve into the flashbacks, dig up some epic plot concepts, and get this show moving in a different direction.
Nov 22, 2011
I dont agree. were at season 2, why would you want more zombie action and risk waisting some important characters already. I mean let them take a breeder and a sandwich from time to time...
Nov 22, 2011
I like it! They should consult with Vince Gilligan.
Nov 22, 2011
As I watched them go back to the pharmacy again I couldn't help but think to myself: why wouldn't anyone still alive that goes into that pharmacy (including them) just clean the whole place out and take as much as they could carry (after finding what they specifically wanted) back to the farm so they have more medical supplies for the future. Why risk running into town into a zombie infestation to get more pills every time someone decides they pointlessly need some morning after pills?
Nov 24, 2011
Just like the selfish, inconsiderate people before them had left the racks more than half-empty... Personally I wouldn't, but in reality they should've.
Yep. Yep. and more yep!!
Nov 22, 2011
Isn't this show called "The dramatic humans"? You hardly ever see damn walkers in this show anymore!
Nov 22, 2011
1. If I remember right , there are two types of zombies in the Walking dead comic books. Walkers and sleepers(or something like this). And second ones are attacking only when they've been activated by the noise or the smell. So ninja zombie maybe one of them. But they didn't see him first time - that is the question! About zombie ambush - there were situation in issue #8, when survivor found isolated community and the were nobody around. And they found that everyone are "dead" only in the morning and after the sooting. BUT it was winter and walker are very slow downed in the winter.

2. Zombies hate Fast Food. And chickens are definitely a fast food))

3. Lori must be thrown to the barn.

4. In the comic book They've taken much more ammunition from Atlanta. Because they've used a cart. And there were no fence on their way.

5. Yes. There is much more action now.

6. T-Dog and Carol should be thrown to well walker. Worthless characters.
Nov 24, 2011
If you read comics, you know that Carol is very developed character. Maybe they have some plans for her, but yeah, right now is useless.
Nov 22, 2011
'' I'm not sure of the exact moment at which series creator Frank Darabont was let go from the show, but if it was right before this episode, maybe it's a good thing? ''

I've read somewhere that he was ''fired'' after the third episode, because there were some discrepancies on how to develop the story.
Nov 22, 2011
Doesn't displease me, but whoever replaced him should be next.
Nov 22, 2011
I don't think there's that much wrong with the show -- save for the never-ending Sophia dilemma, which I had hoped would be wrapped up by the end of ep. 6. Anyway, I agree with more or less all that Tim said, and asked the same questions.

The zombies in the barn (and elsewhere) obviously don't NEED sustenance, so I think this is just more of Hershel refusing to 'let them go' and admit they're dead. On a practical note it MIGHT help to keep the zombies calm and less inclined to chase the humans if they have something to munch on once in a while.

I completely agree that it was odd when Shane and Andrea went into a completely 'deserted' neighbourhood and then were suddenly swarmed by a huge mob of them, some who seemed to be wandering aimlessly and would have been doing so before hand (it's not like they made any sudden sounds).

And the zombie in the drug store would probably have had to be in there the first time Glenn and Maggie ummmm... 'entered'. Maybe it's a perve zombie and he gets off on watching?

Anyway, a good show, all told.
Haha, Perv Zombie
Nov 23, 2011
I agree with you! This show is excellent. I wouldn't change anything except drop the search for Sophia. Yes I'm kinda wishing they would leave the barn already but from what Hershel keeps saying, its gonna happen soon.
Nov 22, 2011
The last note about characters is gold. Maybe the actress playing Sophia is on strike .
Nov 22, 2011
As many here, I also believe that this was the best episode so far. BUT...

I can't understand why this season is so slow, we now have seven episodes where in practice nothing or almost nothing happened. ok there are some interesting moments where we get a better look at the characters, but 80% of the time is wasted:useless monologues , stupid conversations, and actions that seem to come out from a book ''The 100 things NOT to do if a Zombie Apocalypse happens''. And don't forget Sophia...

I'll ask one other thing: why it seems that everything around the farm is infested with zombies, but for a strange reason they ignore the farm?

I look forward to the end of this season, just to make a big laugh
Nov 23, 2011
Myself, I was wondering why if you are staying in the giant house on the farm, with lights, noises, generators, if the zombies are attracted to sounds, they wouldn't notice ALL of that? And they don't even have a window boarded up?
Nov 22, 2011
Well, the farm is secluded, so the idea is that only the occasional zombie would wander upon it. Think small town that you barely notice when you pass through on the Interstate... and now picture a small farm on the outskirts of said small town.

Plus, Hersh and co have been taking care of the walker that happen to make it to the property. What *I'm* wondering is how they keep managing to get more zombies into the barn. I mean, it's not like they're chained up or anything, so what's to keep them from mobbing the door when they try to stick a new "guest" in there?
Nov 23, 2011
They kinda make up the rules as they go, don't they?
Nov 22, 2011
They have spent over half the season now in a farm house having dinner parties.
Nov 22, 2011
I can understand that they are looking for normality in this caos. but wtf this should be a series about the apocalypse. I do not expect every episode to be a zombie massacre or something like that, but in almost 7 episodes nothing happened... It seem's to me that they have tried to make a season out of what should really be just one episode.
Nov 23, 2011
Hopefully soon the zombies get loose, and make a dinner party out of them!
hope so
Nov 22, 2011
Great episode, lets keep moving towards the comics that i will keep loving it..

I imagine a shattering season finale..
Nov 22, 2011
dont know why Rick agreed to teach his kid how to shoot tough...It would scare me more than the walkers loll. And also , guys, Sophia...R-I-P.
so he can shoot Shane when the momment comes :P
Nov 23, 2011
That is what happens in the books.
Nov 23, 2011
I think Dale wants to shoot him first lol
Nov 22, 2011
So you wouldn't want your kid to be able to protect himself if he ended up getting separated from the group like Sofia did? I mean, it's not like he can use a melee weapon like the grownups. First of all, he lacks their strength, and secondly, he lacks the reach to be able to land a blow where it's needed.

"Oh God, we were surrounded by zombies and got separated from our son!! Thank God we didn't teach him how use a gun responsibly! He'd really be in trouble then!"
Nov 22, 2011
the kid may learn how to shoot but he will panic. Panic + gun = total chaos. he may end up killing a couple of his own in the action, when the times comes.
Nov 23, 2011
If you teach someone properly, having confidence in your shooting means you are less likely to panic.
Nov 23, 2011
Well, in that case, let's not give the women guns because they'll panic too. Oh, and take the gun away from the old man because he'll have a heart attack or something.

Shane and Rick are cops so I'm thinking they'll be teaching them more than "point and shoot" like they did with Andrea.
Nov 22, 2011
I think it was a good episode...we know more about the dark side of Shane who in my view is, with rick, the best characters of the show. Dale is the 3rd best followed by Lori. old Hershel is very good too, Im impressed by this guys acting.
Nov 22, 2011
Rick surprised me at the end. Felt real - good episode , overall.
Nov 22, 2011
Since Sophia went missing, Carl has been shot, gone into shock, had surgery, mini coma, recovered, and now out and running and learning how to shoot.

Lori is the worst.

Save bullets.

More sex please (come on, wouldn't you?)
Nov 22, 2011
Everything you said above, I was thinking after watching last nights episode.
Nov 22, 2011
Yes, the pharmacy scene is what really should've happened the first time (good thing for Glenn that it didn't). You don't walk into a building like it's empty; you look around and make sure it's empty. I'm glad the steady IV drip of show stupid allowed Maggie to get pushed further into Glenn's pure and honest arms. If there's one thing a woman loves, it's having a bf who can't keep a secret. Now, she can look forward to hearing him say things from far away like:

- "What? Why are you looking at me? OKAY, I BANGED MAGGIE! TWICE!! TWENTY COLLECTIVE MINUTES!! SHE'S AN EAR-NIBBLER!! SHE HAS A REALLY CUTE BIRTHMARK!! THE PANTIES WERE WHITE WITH LITTLE PURPLE FLOWERS!! GET OFF MY CASE, ALREADY!!"

And lastly (since I just don't feel like talking about this show anymore), I have to give Rick a little credit with handling the Lori/Shane thing like a rational man. He still needs a nice long...talk with Shane, but it actually surprised me that he took the news so well. I guess it's down to being the main reason I watch this show: a pleasant surprise.
Nov 22, 2011
Maybe Sophie will return as a badass zombie-killing Hit Girl or something. Maybe she'll be back in the Season 3 premiere, played by Chloe Moretz.
Nov 22, 2011
i sooo agree about lori. she really pissed me off the whole episode. i really thought she was smarter (dunno why)
Nov 22, 2011
The Zombies appearing out of nowhere bothered me too, as did the WASTING OF THE BULLETS! What the heck?

And the zombies being kept in the barn is just a disaster waiting to happen... Ah well.

Shane threatening Dale was awesome! He is a boss- even though he may be a little psychotic.

Lori- still sooo annoying. Andrea still bugs me, but she's getting better, whined less.

And I agree- Sophia story line is stale. Dead or alive, let's end it.
Nov 22, 2011
Pacing was ok this episode. I like were Shane is now. He seems to be the only character out there in front of what they really face. Going to be interesting how this current camp is going to end - who stays and who goes...

Nov 22, 2011
Good episode but please find that little girl dead or alive, at this point I don't care I just want that story line to be over.
Nov 23, 2011
Seriously. This is getting ridiculous already.

gdfjkdhgsldflh=my frustration with this storyline.
Nov 22, 2011
"He's always been a man of conviction who never pushed his convictions on others"

Excuse me? That's all Dale ever does on the show! He forced Andrea to leave the CDC in order to save him, he pretended that he still needed to fix the RV when everyone was still looking for Sophia. He's a manipulator who does stuff to take away any sort of choice from the other characters because of what he believes in.

I'm glad they finally started making Andrea more like her book counterpart. I was sick of her screaming like a little ***** during every zombie encounter. Sweet zombie Jesus. I expect great things from her again.

The reason the zombies in the barn are being fed is because Hershel believes they're just sick and that once a cure is administrated, they'll go back to normal. No, it doesn't make sense, but he's obviously very religious and suffers from an extreme case of denial.
Nov 22, 2011
Administered. Jeez, I can't believe I typed administrated.
Nov 22, 2011
Another thing I find quite annoying. Since when did ANY network decide that mid-season, winter, and summer breaks were cool? Whatever happened to getting it all done at once?
Nov 22, 2011
Actually an overdose of morning after pills CAN induce a miscarriage.
Nov 23, 2011
But then why get morning after pills? Because to be fair, an overdose of just about ANY pill can cause a miscarriage.
Nov 22, 2011
Was just about to correct Tim who thinks he knows it all :) I see that it's already been done :)
Nov 22, 2011
This season is improving. I like where they are going with the characters. Even though the whole theme of the episode could be a bit too much soapy, "secrets" had the merit to get more screen time to Glenn and Maggie. Lori is getting on my nerves : now that her son is fine, I would have like to see her smile or something like it;.. but no, she had to be pregnant and go berserk about it (understandable under those conditions but still).

Someone said to me last week that they will soon have to move out of the farm. Well, I hope it will be sooner than later (probably over this barn-walkers problem) because getting Hershel saying "don't stay here" every week is not pleasant, even for me. If that happens, will Maggie get some action and leave with the rest of the troop ? That would be nice, I like her (both naked and clothes on).

Like everybody here, I wondered during that shooting practice and the bullet fiesta that came with it. Weird.

The "interaction" between Andrea and Shane seemed quite logic for me. That's the end of the world for God's sake... do it while you can.

Nov 22, 2011
I must disagree, Tim. Andrea may be "interesting", but she's still my first on my wishlist to get ripped apart, Shaun of the Dead style. But, Lori is a close second.

Nov 22, 2011
Arch since you're so popular, I'm leaving it up to you to spread the word about our "Pray for death" pool we got going.
Nov 23, 2011
I want Andrea and Shane DEAD. I was hoping they would be attacked while having sex (what a way to go!), and never make it back. When I saw their car pull up, I was definitely unhappy.
Nov 23, 2011
You and me both buddy. I hate Shane a lil less after this episode but yeah he's definitely on my list. 1-Lori 2-Andrea 3- Rick 4-Shane 5- Dale 6- Sophia 7- Tdog
Nov 23, 2011
I guess 1 and 2 are interchangeable, but I do like Rick's scoring here. I have a feeling Carl might be working his way up the ranks next year.
I'm on it.
Nov 22, 2011
about the zombies sitting in the church a few episodes a go... In the comics they call them lurkers.. Some zombies just sit still and wait for something alive to get close then they move
Nov 22, 2011
The problem is that the show could have find a way to explain that to us. At least, they should have the characters notice that zombies behave several ways. Viewers should not have to read the comics to understand it. Because without a good explanation nor noticing from the characters, it looks like inconsistencies.
Nov 22, 2011
Shane and Andrea really do belong together if car sex doesn't prove that then I don't know what will. Speaking of what went on in that car, we heard her the car horn going off, how come a walker didn't? Even though they didn't show it you know it went off more than once. It would have been great if Dale had punched Shane in the face but that just shows you what a better man Dale is than that douche. Yo, old man Hershel, your wife, step son, and the others aren't going back to normal. That isn't no disease and it won't be a cure, its time to end them. Maggie and Glenn is so cute together, if Glenn and the others leaves the farm I see her going with him but I also seeing him staying if Maggie asked him too. Rick's reaction of Lori being with Shane was totally different than what I thought would have happened. Well he having a hunch that what did happen between the two soften the blow.
Nov 22, 2011
I really hope they end the search for Sophia, one way or the other, next week. I really didn't care at all when she went missing, and the writers have been dragging this story on for far too long. I'd rather they find her ripped to shreds (and perhaps just forget about her altogether) than dedicate any more screen time to a story line which never interested me in the first place.

And, I thought the same thing about the bullets being wasted for target practice. Then again, since it is a tv show, they could have an"unlimited" supply. Who knows?
Nov 22, 2011
Oh, Jack... next week? Dude, that was the fall finale. We're probably going to have to wait until March for the back 6 episodes.
Load More Comments