The Walking Dead's Search for Sophia: Let's Wrap It Up Already

So, how about that search for Sophia on The Walking Dead? Not too much progress on that front, ever since Carol’s dolly-clutching little girl was chased into the woods by walkers in the Season 2 premiere. One thing’s for sure, though: The Walking Dead's writers have been feasting on that particular plot development almost as heartily as a zombie feasts on brains. Everyone is looking for Sophia! (Well, mostly everyone. Carol has just been keeping busy around the farm. “She’ll show up when she shows up!” Carol always says.) The clever kids over at Vulture have edited together all of this season's Search for Sophia developments into one two-minute video, and watching it, a kind of dread takes over—the kind of dread that confirms your darkest suspicions that this show peaked somewhere in Season 1. But hold on, let’s be fair: Editing together any show like this is bound to make it look dull, repetitive, and aimless. Right? That said, though, let’s hope Sophia shows up soon. Like, really soon. I don’t know how much more of this I can take. We gotta find Sophia!

QUESTIONS:

... How are you feeling about this storyline, which has now become a six-episode ordeal? Should the show have wrapped it up ages ago, or are you still interested in it?

... Do you think the search will come to an end in this Sunday's midseason finale? And if so, how?

... What do you think the odds are of finding the girl alive? Would the show really drag things out this far only to have her end up as zombie lunch?

ok but how dose she end up inside the barn and how did she get bit
I still can't get over with the episode.

The midseason finale of The Walking Dead is kinda sad and surprising... After a long and impatient waiting Sophia returns as one of the walker... poor girl she end up with a shot on her brain.
Just watched the mid-season finale. Seth, I don't know who you are...but you got owned.
stopped watching. ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Still love the comics though.
Thank you man...I was feeling alone here! Amazing show!

This article might explain a few things.
Thank you man...I was feeling alone here! Amazing show!
Finally, all you dimwits complaining about the sophia storyline can shut the **** up. Here's an idea, just watch the freakin' show!
Amazing mid-season finale, pissed off that I have to wait until February 12 for it to return.
Well that was interesting..that enough drama for you cry babies. This show is amazing and its a shame people don't see the point. This show ain't getting canceled and the next half looks amazing. Well from what they showed. Touching moment indeed. Was rooting for the girl. But times are tough with those slack-jaws are sinking there teeth anywhere they can. Btw whoever said they are following the comic and called the other dude a retard or whatever . You just an ass...get your facts right my dude. Having said that, there has been a few things from the comic. But most if it is all original .
I just started watching the show 5 years late. The SOPHIA BIT SUCKED.
it would be crazy if sophia was still alive, they should have stopped looking for her 3 episodes ago!
Maybe the writer's went on strike and didn't tell anyone.
There is a zombie apocalypse! Stupid kids should stay in the car. Wow, these parents are dumb!
Sophia's disappearance only served as the catalyst for finding Hershel's farm and the other characters developing from that point on - Shane shooting Otis to save himself/Carl, Glenn hooking up with Hershel's daughter, Lori being pregnant and confessing her affair, etc.

Sophia will probably be alive and that will lead them away from Hershel's farm (finally) or if she's a zombie they will leave her in the barn with Hershel's zombie family.
I think this season is really a drag, sophia should have been found either dead or alive within 1-2 episode at most, or left behind.

The rest is really a repeat of last season's drama (yawn) and the zombies only seem to make cameo appearances. I wouldn't be too surprised if the shows gets canceled shortly.

And honestly, I don't care about the comic, they should be doing their own thing to save the show.
amarow, how dumb are you? Did you even read the comics? Doesn't sound like it, or you'd know that sophia never gets lost in the woods...

They fired the writers from the first season and are now trying to drag a full season out of NOTHING
I think there is a point to Sophia not returning yet... But I don't know. That's my guess.
Maybe someone here can shed some light on this show for me. I was told by friends that I should watch the show because it is really good. Not being a major zombie movie/show fan. I was skeptical. However, I thoroughly enjoyed Zombieland so I thought I would give it a try. I am going back to season 1 here, first episode. Exactly how long was Rick in hospital for? To me it appears that it wasn't long enough for his wound to heal, because it was still bleeding when he came to, but was long enough for the entire US army, navy, air force, police force, private security sector and gun ho Americans to be wiped out by slow moving non thinking zombies.

I am surprised it has taken 3 seasons for people to start saying WTF!
Governments crash, not because zombies attack, but because of the chaos.
It was about a month long. Haven't you seen 28 days later? It's plenty of time.
My idea got 1 thumbs up!?!?!? Thus proving, I am unappreciated in my own time. Now I know what Galileo felt like! (j/k I've contributed to society more than that guy...)

Double j/k. He's got me beat by a small margin.

Triple j/k. He kicked my ass...
I think you're missing the point. The search for Sophia is a plot-point...but it's not THE plot-point. The farm with all of it's secrets, Shane vs. Rick, Maggie and Glenn, Andrea and Darryl...these are all different story lines. Maybe we're not getting the hoards of zombies we got last year...but hey, last year was only 6 episodes long and there's twice as many this time around. Stop complaining about what amounts to maybe 10% of the show and be thankful that there's something more than the usual dreck that's on the major networks. I'm looking forward to finding out what happens with ALL of the characters...Sophia included.
Well let's see what tonights show has in store for us. I hope they find the girl. And even though theyvsay they are not going by the comic...I've seen more then a few things from the comic. I never though of her being with Michone. Thought I've read shes in the show.
I think that The Walking Dead has become a drag slow boring boring plottish stuff since Sophie has been missing, pick up the pace, it has become a soap opera in last 3 episodes! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET ON WITH THE STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please start with the whole group moving into another city and show some survival skills and great drama like the 1st season
The best part is that they specifically say they are not following the comics which may have some slow pacing as well and choose to exceed the slow pacing in the comics on the TV show as well with the new made up characters. I cannot believe im what 6 episodes in? and NOTHING has happened.
it would be cool if Michone would find her, she was one of the best charachters in the comics, and show needs some strong women, and some black people
They "rolling" too mutch the story and is becoming a bit boring imo..... and YES they taking a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time to find Sophia, looking at the "world they living atm" she would be probably dead by now!!!! I would be more happy if the show... start's doing less talk and more action!!!
five episodes looking for the girl is way too much time!! At the beginning I was like "omg, what happened to her?" and now I'm just "come on! Stop rambling and MOVE ON!" It seems to me that the show's stuck in a great check point (which is what that farm is, a zombie-free check point) and they just don't have enough storyline to fill in 6 whole episodes.
not really zombie free
I understand. What they seem to be doing is grabbing things here and there out of the comic and throwing in a mix a original story. I think the show is going to get dark at times be exiting with thrills and chills. I think we will see some pretty dark things in the future. But there are times when not much happens at all. Zombie times can be pretty boring and slow when you are hiding.
Well, one thing I want to add that this season, the genre of this show has become from "Action" to "Drama" and when watching it as "Drama" it feels all right.
They spent too much on the first season, now they are saving it all by keeping the people less and keeping them same. Keeping the location same. Keeping the deads low. Keeping the burning and idle street costs low. Man I want to see the season 1 back all over again just to feel the excitement it gave every week of season 1. It still thrilled me.

And I have been begging to get off. Every second episode they give a reason to jump, I think this coming episode will have another element of jump so they give a logical reason to stay in the farm.

But, it has to end now. I mean the search and the farm.
I dont think its she can't find her way, I think she's with someone or other people. I think it may leaD on to there next move. It may have dragged out a little too long, but i want to see how she is found. It's going to lead to something big. Have faith that all hell will break loose on the farm. Tomo will tell I guess
The latest episode was pretty ok in that we've seen some conflict, but let's be realistic, they're putting as much focus on being alone (and complaining about being alone) as they are on finding that stupid girl who couldn't find the highway from whence she came :P
I still stick by my original thought that it's very upsetting that Zombieland didn't become a tv show and this comic did.
I love this show. I think the writing behind it is amazing. Some episodes my not be exiting as others. People need to realize that this show doesn't revolve around zombies so much as surviving . I think they will find the girl. I hope so. I think that Sophia's mother is going to die after they find h zombies are now part of the environment and is just something to be aware of. People are the danger. I also think Rick might lose Lori or maybe even Carl. Not because what happened to Lori in the comic, but because he has not yet experienced true loss yet.
Personally, the series is reaching a new low... I mean, it started good, but now, I'm thinking that it's going down the drain. As for Sophia, either save or kill her permanently! I don't know about you, but I had it with this game of cat and mouse.
i find the cat and mouse thing boring too...but i don't want the girl killed. What would be the point in that. The writers messed this one up. The drama in a missing child is immediate. That scary feeling when you don't know where you're child is and your mind start imagining the worst. And then the feeling of relief when the child is found. If you let it drag on for hours and days then it becomes less emotional as you resign yourself to the worse. At that point it's just clinical or procedural as in what happened. I will at least give them credit for not going the way of Prison Break, for example, where cliff hangers are constantly being set up out of left field and then resolved in the next scene only to have a new one thrown at you. At least they're trying to create a narrative, just not very well yet.
Episode 2 was sooooooooooo booooooooooring, that I quit this piece of shit.
I'm a huge fan of the original comics and I'm loving the series! I think that critics don't understand the essential point of it all: the evolution of once normal people after apocalypse and what they are able to do for surviving. It's slow because it's realistic, and I'd say more: the slow path will make you see the characters as still normal when they start doing unspeakable things. And that will REALLY give you the creeps: see a man kill another one biting him in the neck and still see him as the hero.

The point right now isn't Sophia. Hell, I'm sure Sophia is safe with Michonne and she'll show up with the girl in one hand and a katana in the other one. That would be a great mid-season closing.

I hope you're right. (i may be the only one.) Fictitious or not, I don't like movies or shows that kill off children. If a child is going to die in a series as part of the plot, it needs to be done tastefully. I'm not hating the show yet. Still look forward to it every week. But I'm less and less willing to admit I'm a fan when so many "fans" call for a child character to be killed off. I'm not saying I have to have a happy ending every time, but if there is no hope or humanity or dignity in a show, then I find it very boring.
I didn't think it's possible for a girl staying alive outside the zombieland in a such long period. So, the reasonable comeback of Sophia would be finding by the leading characters eventually, inside the barn, in a zombie form.
Ok we all know Sophia is alive not even AMC can deviate that far from the original story (Oh but they will try) I'm just glad that the events in Walking Dead are fictional, i'd hate to be stuck in this group almost totally void of common sense!

Yeah i've read the comics and to be honest the TV series is just as slow as that so that's bang on the money.

A few things do bother me... Like where doe's all the ammo come from?

Why do you never see a Zombie until it's almost on top of you (are they Ninja's)

Why aren't there any Zombie animals?? And worst of all i've got to wait till mid February 2012 to watch the remainder of this season. Sucks and bites to be a Zombie.
Lol....just watched the latest episode. Guess you were wrong.... :)
The ammo is apparently infinite. Which is ridiculous. THey waste FAR too much. Soon, I think someone needs to get caught with guns unloaded, and the chamber is empty.
The show shouldn't have any kids on it at the first place because it sucks now

You know what?

We don't need any kid or teenager on the whole tv!
Kill the kid already! This idea, expressed by so many Walking Dead "fans", makes me wonder why I'm watching this show. Maybe its just a souless show that callously exploits children to titillate its viewers. It did it in the very first scene of the very first show, with a little blonde girl, it did it with the cops' son getting shot, and now its dragging out the "Lost child" plotline. So maybe it's a show not worth caring about.
It is tv in a zombie apocalypse. Death happens to everyone.
I hope they find her and sh'e been bit
It isn't bugging me because it's not getting in the way of the plot at all, but I will confess that I wish by this point they'd just figure it out either way. Also, part of me wants them to find her now and for her to be a Walker. I feel mean about it, but can't help thinking that would be cool.
Where is Sophie? I'm rooting for her to look good, it would be cool to see her as a Zombie!
Sophia being in the barn would be just too cruel. Why would Herschel don't mention that to the group, it's his best chance for them not to kill their zombified friends and family.
What if Otis found her and died before he could tell anybody?

He didn't know they were searching for a little girl before he went to town with Shane.
you are right sir, congrats
Best show on TV right now, in spite of the Sophia storyline. It will only be second best when Game of Thrones starts its second season.
... this show as it stands in this current season is not the best show on television, not by a long shot. In spite of the Sophia storyline? that is all there is. I do not care about the pacing of the comic books or whether this is meant to show us that the survivors do worse to each other then the zombies do to them. I would prefer some decent pacing so I do not want to kill myself as they dragggggggg this show on especially with the limited amount of episodes ordered. It is completely unnecessary that this has gone on this long.
I've been watched the walking dead for a long time, but all this store about sophia disapear is getting boring. I'm starting to agree with Shane, sophia 's problaby already dead. I hope so, Robert Kirkman will have a exciting idea for the end of sophia's missing.
The show is just fine, the show has a good balence I will never understand why people bitch. Either you bitch there it to much action and not enough story or you bitch there is to much story and not enough action. This show has a good amount of both and yet people still complain. The little girl being lost is just a plot device, it is not the main plot. You can't have consistent action every season or else the show just turns into the story flavor of the week. The Walking Dead is a story based show and good stories take time.Stop trying to rush it.

The search for sophia is background now. Just an excuse to see how characters behave. It's just like the fact that there are zombies : you're not waiting for them to kill all the zombies and get back to their normal lives.

At least that's what I say to myself. No need to wait for them finding her or not because that's just not the point of the whole story.
I think you are right. It is why they took so long, one, for the cliffhanger, two, to show how well Rick can lead by making decisions NO ONE was willing to make, and three, to split the group during the search and beyond.
Sophia who? I wonder if the cliffhanger from season 1 will be resolved in season 2 already. :-)
I was really hoping in last weeks episode that they were going to find Sophia...living in the barn, with her new zombie family.
tha would be awesome! and funny...i didnt mind her earlier but now because of this stupid search i hate her guts
I dont agree that this season is boring,ok maybe things dont happen as fast as in s1 but this is the second season they are trying to achieve some character development ,so we get to know and like the characters better and its working for me,it cant be about zombies all the freaking time but yeah the Sophia storyine is streched out,i dont even care if shes alive or not anymore i just hope they find her soon.Am pretty sure they have some sort of plan for her tho or else why take so long to find her?
How can you possibly say the show isn't boring? nothing ever happens. The only episode that was interesting was the Shane and Otis episode. The complete stupidity and predictability by that blonde that I hate so much I don't even remember her name. Of course she tries to snipe Darryl right? that made sense. Zombie in the well? lets not contaminate the water... lets pull the zombie out? Mean while the zombie has cuts and scraps and already is ooozing in the water. Ya get me a full glass from the zombie well please! make sure its cold.
I'm with you, I really am. But the draw back is the majority of the characters are garbage. Hell I'm already at the point of cheering for most of them to die, so I think overall the character development was a failure.
totally! i hate evry single woman in this show it makes it so anoying to watch, the blonde one is the worst by the way. i think because im a girl i hate them more drives me ensane the way they behave, and the guys...well they all kinda of suck
I hate most of them, too.

And it's really annoying that everytime a woman says "I just wanted to feel something" it's !always! related to a c*ck.
That and they're only really staying on the farm, with all the lack of zombies bc the budget got slashed.
Load More Comments