The Winner of Survivor: One World Is... Exactly Who You Expected

Here's how great of a Survivor player bridal shop owner Kim Spradlin was: Not only was she the clear strategic frontrunner for most of the season, she swept the final four immunity challenges, breezed through the jury's cross-examinations, and won the million dollars by a landslide (7-2-0). AND THEN she won an additional $100,000 as America's favorite player. Though Kim's ultimate victory over Sabrina and Chelsea rendered a majority of Survivor: One World dull and suspense-free, there's no denying that the most deserving person won.

The most surprising part of the Survivor: One World finale was just how good-spirited everybody was. From the level-headed eliminations of Alicia and then Christina to the jury questioning in which very few people seemed to harbor serious ill will toward the final three women, the level of likeability on display did much to overwrite the extremely unpleasant, hate-laced beginnings of the season. Even Kat, who over the past few weeks had seemed poised to really cause a ruckus during jury questioning, instead used her time to announce that she was due for a preventative heart surgery next year and that everyone present should drop any petty grievances and just enjoy life. Add to that Chelsea appearing genuinely moved by Tarzan's declaration of love for his own wife and the traditionally fraught segment ended up as moving as I've ever seen it.

The Jeff Probst-led live reunion furthered the healing by bringing a measure of closure for many of the hotter-button issues of Survivor: One World. The truly loathsome (on the show, anyway) Colton received a bit of redemption from Probst when Colton's mother stood up and affirmed that she was not thrilled with Colton's behavior on the island but knew he hadn't meant it. She also poignantly contradicted Probst when he suggested that Colton came from a loving family who had supported him when he came out of the closet. Turns out that's not the case. If we're being honest, this was actually an excruciating and slightly exploitative moment, but it was still nice seeing Colton's psyche laid bare like this; he seemed a lot more human. For his part, he did seem pretty contrite about having said some vaguely racist things on the show and admitted that he'd been wrong to say them. Similarly, special-ed teacher (and similarly awful) Alicia was reduced to tears while apologizing for comparing Christina to her special-needs students. At the very least the players were reminded that playing up certain attitudes on camera really can have negative real-world consequences. It was nice that Probst addressed these specific issues head-on.

Let's see, what else of note occurred? Oh, Jay got a better haircut! And Bill was rocking a Purple Rain-era Prince 'do! And in case you're interested, the next season of Survivor will be called Survivor: Philippines and feature three returning players (who'd each been forced out of their respective seasons for medical reasons). While Survivor: One World wasn't exactly a classic season, it did reveal an unhappy fact about casting: Sometimes great players don't make for great television. Still though, Kim deserved every penny.

What did YOU think of Survivor: One World? Did the right person win?

the next season of Survivor will be called Survivor: Philippines and feature three returning players (who'd each been forced out of their respective seasons for medical reasons) - that's just another way of saying colton will be back, right?
A predictable end to a very predictable season.
I don't know how people can call this the worst season when the trash heap that was South Pacific exists. The winner was just incredibly obvious (and deserved, thank you non-bitter jury.)
is kim the 1 with the moustache?
As a die hard fan of Survivor from the get go, this was far and away the worst season and the dumbest cast! Smart Players make for GREAT SEASONS...but not where there is only one smart player like in Boston Rob's Snoozefest of a season.

1) It turned out that the Men voluntarily giving up immunity came back to bite them. Had they not, Alicia would have been voted out, and they would have went to the merge up 6-5.

2) The men were the biggest group of "pussified" males, I have ever seen! I hope Jay and his idiotic logic never come across my TV again. Tarzan is too ridiculously pompous to realize that he is a social moron in terms of Survivor. Leif was an absolute doofus. Jonas couldn't find a backbone in a ribshack. Mike is too stupid to see how unlikable he was. Bill was dumb for agreeing to go to Tribal when they won immunity...knowing he was the target! Troyzan was stupid to believe in Kim. Colton was so emotional, he would have been played eventually. If he ever talked smack like that in real life with no cameras, any guy I know would wreck him.

3) The Women were retarded too. Alicia's self delusion was beyond irritating. Christina was a waste of an applicant that could have gone to a real fan. Kat is still not bright to impart any wisdom in anything Survivor related. If Chelsea controlled her latent lesbian impulses for Kim, she might have one if she blindsided her or exposed her idol. I don't know who Sabrina thought she was fooling by saying she was throwing challenges!

The fact that Kim had no real competition made this terrible to watch. She only deserved to win because she was playing against the biggest strategic dunces in franchise history. I would like to see how she would do against Parvati, Cirie, Sophie, Russell, or Rob. Then we can test her mettle!
One of the dullest and most boring seasons to date. Once Colton med evaced out of the game, it was aking to a balloon being punctured..no strategizing, no deep thinking, just Kim batting her eyes and everyone doing as they were told. I mean, when Tarzan mutters about keep $500 in an auction to buy tires post-Survivor, he's showing his depth of thinking...oh, and I loathe this feel good reunions. Screams phoniness that 16 people play a game for a million bucks and nary one of the 15 losers speak of even tiny bitterness...
One of the most boring season with the most dumbest cast ever...
Possibly the worst season ever in terms of entertainment. Kim is the rightful winner and she deserves every penny, its just a shame that they let too many sheep onto the show who are just happy to follow.

Kim was a great player and definitely deserved the win. But yeah, just an incredibly dull season. I think that the casting was really poor this season. They should really try to bring in contestants who are actual fans of the show like Kim or Troyzan -- people who are passionate about the game and willing to make big moves.
of course she won. the rest of the cast were either stupid or out of shape or both.

Yes, Kim was the one one who most deserved it out of the top 5 for her strategic game. However, by that time, I was just ready for this season to end. Survivor has been a guilty pleasure for me for a long time, but recent seasons have gotten rid of a lot of the actual pleasure I've gotten from the show. And outside of a few of the gimmicks from recent seasons that I don't care for (redemption island, returning contestants, etc.), this season pretty much emphasized everything I hate about recent Survivor seasons. The first half had the worst aspect of recent seasons: basically focusing on the most annoying character, which takes away screen time from everyone else, and makes me care less about them, so there's very few, if any people I actually like on the show. Throughout that half of the season, I just wanted Colton to go. I was sorry it had to happen the way it did, but I'm so glad that it did. Yes, he brought a lot of the drama, but I felt that even if the show became boring without him, it would still be better than having to suffer through more of his screen time. Well, I should have been careful for what I wished for, because it really did become boring. Yes, it was a lot more bearable without having to watch Colton all the time, and I wouldn't take back my wish if I could, but seriously... It became so predictable and boring in the second half. The main issue was summed up in the reunion special. So many people were perfectly willing to just sit back and not make moves to shake things up so that they could stay one more day, instead of trying to go all the way. This predictability has been present in a few seasons recently (such as Rob's Zombies in Redemption Island), but this is the most boring it has been. Honestly, with these recent trends, topped off by this terrible season, I'm pretty much done with the show. I will be generous, and give the show one more season to win me back, but I doubt it will happen given a lot of the more recent seasons. There are too many shows I want to watch for me to be wasting time with a guilty pleasure show which has given me so little pleasure recently.
I would like to have seen Christina win. Not necessarily because I liked her (I hated all of them. Not a likeable one in the bunch this season.), but because I disliked her the least. I'm very glad this boring and painfully predictable season has finally ended. Do us all a favor and leave this bunch of idiots and scumbags on the island so we will never see them again.
This was the most boring Survivor ever, once Colton left. There was no real strategy, just a lot of outsmarting. Boring, boring, boring. Survivor needs to step up their game. Bring back the most controversial players and have them compete again. That is so much more entertaining and isn't that what TV is all about - entertain the viewer.
Survivor still exists? Seriously I did'n't know that.