The X Factor's Top 10: Were You Surprised By Who Went Home This Week?

Welcome back to more The X Factor, results as we've finally narrowed down to the Top 10 contestants with Thursday's double elimination. We guessed that Cece and Beatrice would be headed for the chopping block... and we were entirely incorrect. Neither was up for elimination and Cece's survival was particularly shocking. Her reaction was priceless and so was the way she ignored Paige's congratulations as she left the stage. Let the Cece Rehabilitation Tour continue!

Instead, Lyric145 was knocked out early as the last-place finisher after America voted. It's a darn shame that Simon didn't let them write their own songs along the way and Lyric da Queen called it out in her goodbye, saying those lyrics were "snatched away" from them "at the last minute." Simon offered only a smirk in response. We didn't get to see a reaction from L.A., but given his criticism of Simon's coaching, we're guessing his smug level was off the charts.

Following a Taylor Swift performance, Mario and Khloe re-introduced the judges and their contestants and called out, one by one, the acts who were safe. This process, of course, required two full commercial breaks to complete. But the best part by far was Mario completely spoiling the final result by announcing that only Paige or Jennel would move on, despite the fact that Fifth Harmony had not yet been announced as safe. Simon was not happy, to say the least.

For the first time, the sing-off resulted in two solid performances, but the result of the judges' choices was actually stunning. In true X Factor style, check out these performances before we reveal the result:

L.A. and Britney both voted to send Jennel home and Simon decided to stick a knife squarely in Demi's back by forcing her to choose between her acts before he would agree to weigh in. Mario's attempt to prevent this power move was feeble at best. So in an effort to even up the vote, Demi voted to send Paige Thomas home, but Simon quickly ended up Jennel's hopes to bring the votes to 3-1 in favor of Paige.

Good luck looking Paige in the eye next week, Demi! Love, Simon.

Power Rankings

See our last round of power rankings here.

10. Paige Thomas – She survived! But honestly, Jennel had been stronger across the entire competition, so it's sad to see Jennel leave. Especially while even more inconsistent acts (hey, Cece!) are still hanging around.

9. Arin Rey – Up two spots from last week

8. Beatrice Miller – Up two spots from last week

7. Diamond White – Down three spots from last week

6. Fifth Harmony – Down one spot from last week

5. Cece Frey – Up seven spots from last week. Seven!

4. Emblem3 – Up two spots from last week

3. Vino Alan – Holding down the #3 spot again

2. Carly Rose Sonneclar – Still unable to top the country star in the making

1. Tate Stevens – Back-to-back weeks at #1! And even better, he gave a shout-out to "Tate Nation," which is officially the best use of "nation" we can remember.

"Let's do it live!" Our favorite judge and host moments from Thursday's episode

– This was a trainwreck of an hour-long show on the hosting side of things. Khloe was apparently tired of being ignored, so she resorted to repeating instructions to Jennel and Paige to get off stage to prepare for their sing-off.

– As the sing-off was set to begin, Demi had no idea which of her two contestants was slated to sing first, which resulted in a painful intro.

– Mario dropped some math on us. Three percent of the votes separated the top four contestants. And less than a third of one percent separated the top two. Time to call Nate Silver in for our predictions.

QUESTIONS?

1. Are you sad to see Jennel go home?

2. Was Simon cruel to Demi?

3. Cece jumped seven spots this week... how?

4. Are you part of Tate Nation?

1. Jennel - too soon for her to have gone home
2. Demi deserved it, her mentoring has been crap and dont see her coming back next season. Maybe its my age but I only know one song by Demi, i dont understand why she is on that judging panel. lacks the know-how to make decisions about someones musical career. totally incompetent imo
3. Dont care for Cece, crappy attitude mediocre voice. no "x-factor" appeal, probably be a 1 hit wonder
4. *sigh, Tate.... clearly people like country music. Personally I dont think he deserves to be a the top. I dont think his performances thus far warrant a 5million dollar payout.

I think carly rose is amazing she should win this. lyric 145 were entertaining and their musicality was unrivaled by anyone in the competition.
1. Are you sad to see Jennel go home? -- Cece should have gone home, hands down no questions. Paige should have gone home before Jennel.
2. Was Simon cruel to Demi? Simon's an idiot. He did this last year to Steve when he wanted things his way. Such a baby. He knows the rules but feels like changing them whenever the hell he wants. LOSER! And totally cruel.
3. Cece jumped seven spots this week... how? Cry me a river, Cece! I think X Factor just jumped her up spots, she still sucked...majorly.
4. Are you part of Tate Nation? YES!! GO Tate!!
and one more thing: seriously, divas week and NO ONE performed a christina aguilera's song???
1. i kinda am sad but truth is, demi screwed up...

2. with that said, my answer is NO! yeah, well, maybe he's a bit cruel, but he's just telling her the truth!... cuz i've said it before, even tho i love demi, she is a really really bad mentor... she tries to change their images, their styles... that's why even tho she has really good competitors, she's not gonna win...

3. maybe cuz ppl believe in her fake tears? lol i like her voice but i dont like her at all... even if they want to try and change her image, too late...

4. hell yeah! he is great! maybe not MY favorite, but he's just too good and i wanted to cry during his performance this week cuz it was so powerful!... i wouldnt be sad if he won
I have to admit I love watching Cece each week because she is so utterly fake its hilarious. Can the production team at least give her a tissue with an onion in it so she can produce some tears when she fake cries? Cece is that mean girl in high school movies who will railroad anyone and do anything to get to the top. The worst thing is is that she will probably get there too.
couldnt agree more!... cece does have a good voice but she is so F.A.K.E!!! at least she tries really hard to cry lol it's so funny! i do like her voice tho...
CeCe is one of the best in the competition. Her performance this week was amazing, I wasn't surprised at all that she came in 5th place. I don't get why people are hating on her so much. Same with Demi. Demi even said that Paige decided what was on her stage this week. Jennel was just not likable I guess. Carly Rose is still the clear best in the competition, it really is hers to lose. I don't get the appeal of Vino or Tate. Vino is just a poor man's Chris Rene with his look and a bland generic vocal, and Tate is just a boring country singer. Tate's performance this week was awful, the annowingly screechy background vocals ruined anything he was doing. I was surprised none of the judges mentioned this.
guess we arent watching the same show
lol I was thinking the same thing.
i cant belive jannel was sent home, demi totally screwed her with bad decisions and jannel took it and didnt protest cuz she wanted to suceed...
lesson: simon is the worst and has no soul!!!
I wanna know who america sent home, Janel or Paige? Simon sucked eggs, Demi shoulda slapped him...lol.
I loved Simon's power play! Especially when Mario admitted 'OK, you're the boss.'
me too! i laughed so much cuz he was just like "i dont care cuz i'm the boss and i can do whatever i want"
It's kind of refreshing when he ignores the arbitrary rules. I wouldn't be surprised if he brought another eliminated act back at some point.
I thought it was kinda stupid when they said people we up X amount in the rankings from the week before, I mean if Tate had gone from 1 to 3 then yeah he went down two points, but besides Cece, I believe Arin finished at the bottom last week, this week besides Paige, once again he finished at the botton, yeah last week he was #11 and this week he was #9, but thats not really moving up 2 places.
So sad about Jennel, she was my favorite...
the problem wasn't jennel.. she is awesome! just look at her performance during auditions! problem is demi who can't work properly with her, sadly
I'm shocked she wasn't hugely appealing to the X Factor audience given her age. But maybe Fifth Harmony is stealing those votes.
I don't get America! First, Jennel really, you had to eliminate Jennel, has the world gone insane, can no one see great talent when they hear it? Why the f**k would you vote for Cece and not vote for Jennel???? INSANE
Seconde Cece up 6 spots...REALLY???? She can barely sing, half of her notes come out off key and she sounds like a cat drowning! So mad right now!
Third, Tate Stevens is good and I love country music but the best in the competition.... I don't think so. Something is wrong over there in America!
What the actual f**k?!! Jannel is so much better than half of the contestants. They gotta have another wild card episode if they can and bring her back like diamond.
I wish SImon had explained why it was an "easy decision" for him to keep Paige. I don't get what he sees there.
I didn't get this either. Perhaps, he likes to knock out his competition. CeCe and Paige aren't any threat to Simon's acts. I think I might fast forward through the next show and only listen to Tate, Vino and Carly.
1. Yes im sad to see Jennel to go home, however Demi totally ruined that girl.
2. No Simon was not. Demi gives it so in return she needs to take it.
3. Cece? BLEHHHHHH
4. I LOVE Tate!
Having said I love Tate, I also love Vino as well and would like for either of the 2 to win! IMO they are the most deserving. Im not saying any of the rest arent, but it seems to me that all they are looking for is that nice 5 million dollars to buy big houses, pretty clothes, cars, and lots of jolly ranchers or something.
Totally agree on Tate and Vino really understanding what's at stake here... it should help them in the voting big time.
Sad would be the wrong expression. It's more like being mad at Demi Lovato for ruining Jennel's chances. The bad makeover and ridiculous cloning was uncalled for, Jennel already had her own style. And the song choice this week was even more terrible than the week before. Knowing Jennel had to start off the show she should have gotten a much better song (like the one she sang in the sing-off).
Simon wasn't cruel Demi deserved to be roasted for her ill-meant mentoring she has now been left with the two worst contestants on her team. Way to go, Demi.
I seriously don't know who was voting for Cece Frey whose performances are unbearable to me even if she hits the right notes.
I'm now joining Tate Nation and the Vino Train! They're great singers and honest to God people who I can relate to. Carly is fantastic but I'd rather see her going back to school instead of being sucked into an industry which would ruin her childhood, same goes for the other Teens. I wish they would set an age limit and only let audiotion 18 plus people.
If Simon wanted to be nice he could have voted to keep Jennel and allowed Demi the saving grace of tying it up to let America's votes decide...

But I completely agree on Demi's odd choices hurting her acts... hard to see Paige lasting much longer now.