Top Chef bubbles over

A "supersized" episode of Bravo's Top Chef averaged 2.2 million total viewers Wednesday, making it the most-watched episode of the culinary competition series ever.

The episode, which aired from 10 to 11 p.m., also was the top-rated cable program of the day among adults 25 to 54 (1.6 million) and delivered its largest audience in the adults 18 to 49 demo (1.6 million) to date, according to Nielsen Media Research.

Season two of the show, which was just picked up for a third season, is averaging 1.7 million total viewers, up 54 percent from the same point in season one.

Meanwhile, FX's Dirt got good news Thursday. Due to a Nielsen error, the show's premiere numbers were actually higher than reported, with 3.7 million total viewers, 2.4 million adults 18 to 49 and 1.2 million adults 18 to 34 tuning in to its 10 p.m. debut Tuesday. Those figures were good enough to make the episode cable's No. 1 program of the night in total viewers and both demos.

Jan 30, 2007
I can go on very easily about how I feel Marcel is inadequate almost virgin like in the Kitchen and that I feel it was a grave mistake eliminating such a wonderful, capable and professionally respectable and ethical chef like Sam (not to mention sexy), But I feel the lack of viewers in the last episode will show that. I lost respect and heart in the show once Elia and Sam were eliminated for I really felt the two of them were better then both finalist. I liked Sam more for he was more variety inclined when it came to different cultural foods then all of them. I just want to know what he is up to these days and that he's alright.
Jan 28, 2007
Why did you open that big mouth Elia?!!!! :(
Jan 27, 2007
I think marcel is an excellent chef,he has the creativity to inspire new dishes. I have not seen that in any of the other chefs, I am glad Sam is off, he wasnt at all that much to speak about, maybe he comes off as the nice guy, but not a top chef. As far as Ilans behavior, at least Marcel didnt blow is stack when every one was double teaming him...I guess Ilan had to look like a man there... thinks he's a tuff guy telling someone off, while Marcel never said anything like that to anyone...Good Going Marcel, You WIN anyway...
Jan 25, 2007
I have just turned off the show in total disgust. Sam's elimination is pathetic. Marcel is not a Top Chef and will never meet that standard. He is not one that would have the staff around him respecting him and therefore, I cannot understand how one chemically dependent dish would bring anything over the other competitors. I will not watch the last show due to tonight. I did not think that the second choice was supportive either. I have heard nothing but criticism about him from the judges and you kept him. I do hope he wins over Marcel, but that does not make him the best choice. He is a nice guy, but that was not what this was about. Sam has always been consistent and respects the kitchen as a place of pleasure and imagination. Marcel is smoke and foam. He would have mirrors, but he is always looking at himself too much. I have respected your other finalists in the past, but this time.....as you say, you did not really listen to the theme of the assignment. The criticism about Sam not "cooking" his dish is rubbish and if applying heat is all that cooking is, then life is very boring and you had better get rid of a huge percentage of your cook books and the trend towards fresh alternatives. Tom get a wrap on yourself. You stuck us with Marcel the prince of twits and foams. Thanks, but no thanks. You said it was about the food, well I guess I am not into using chemicals and foams as my culinary center for my palate. You also have used behavior as a reason to get rid of other chefs, but now it is about the food....PLEASE.
Jan 11, 2007
dear Tom, For season three thanksgiving challenge you and the judges should please consider doing the Thanksgiving dinner at a homeless shelter. The customers would truly appreciate it and also deserve the food more then the "normal" people you usually cater too.