Tracy Grimshaw blasts 'bully' Ramsay

The A Current Affair host has hit back at comments made by Gordon Ramsay at a food exhibition last week in Melbourne, in which he likened her to a pig.

The apparently unprovoked comments made headlines around the country in various media, following an interview between Grimshaw and Ramsay on ACA. But this week Grimshaw was having none of it. She opened Monday night's episode with a stinging rebuke of the infamous chef in a three-minute editorial that proved once again she is a formidable television presenter.

"This is not a business for wimps, and I am not one. I think I've got a reasonable sense of humour too," she said.

"I have no idea what prompted his outburst, which continued yesterday and again today.

"We’ve not spoken and I have not responded until now," she said.

"We have no relationship at all. I’ve played along with him in interviews because it’s entertaining and that’s my job. And I walk away afterwards and I don’t think about him again."

Grimshaw pointed out that Ramsay's publicist insisted the ACA interview "not include questions about his marriage and private life".

"We all know why. I respected that request."

Ramsay's remarks had included comments about Grimshaw's physical appearance, sexuality, and referred to a picture of a woman on her hands and knees with the features of a pig and multiple breasts as "That’s Tracy Grimshaw".

"I'm not going to pretend that his comments didn't hurt," she said. "I was absolutely miserable when I found out late Saturday afternoon. He says it was a joke. Well, not to me or anyone who cares about me."

On Sunday night on Rove, even Rove McManus tried to defend her, but Ramsay deflected any of the inquisition, simply joking, "Nice carpets".

Referring to "uninformed" comments on her private life she added: "Obviously Gordon Ramsay thinks that any woman who doesn’t find him attractive must be gay. For the record, I don’t. And I’m not.”

But the forthright editorial by the ACA host follows a wave of support for her interview with Matthew Johns and her on-air comments that he should step up and answer some serious questions.

The incident is likely to have done considerable damage to the popularity of the chef in Australia, particularly with women.

What did you think of Tracy's retort?

Could it all have been a publicity stunt??? Channel 9 have always been a bit clever!!!
Personally I could care less about what Gordon Ramsay did or said, although I must admit if someone goes out of there way to digitally alter an imagine of someone else too look like a pig, that’s just unnecessary. Otherwise his jokes would have been fine. Tracey Grimshaw is just a media hog who is trying, along with ACA, to blow this situation way out of proportion so they can have their five minutes of international fame around the world. I think it’s unfair that all Australians are being judged now by how a few people have reacted to the incident.
Australia's full of non talent prima donnas.What a publicity stunt guess ratings were low.

What next? Ramsay and Grimshaw will star together in a motion picture about a rugby team and a nut job nympho.
ACA and TT are everything that's wrong with australia, and grimshaw LOOOOOVES this publicity, she was too much of a pig to host the today show, so i think ramsay was pretty spot on.
I am outraged by the witch hunt set out by, specifically Channel 9 network in Melbourne, on Gordan Ramsey.As an Australian and Melbournian I apologize for this.

Ironically Channel 9 continue to show Gordan Ramsey's programs, and it seems they have got more out of this, than Gordan. Gordan's character portrayed on his programs and live shows, are exactly what got him so famous in the first place, and reason why so many people continue to support his shows by watching them, and dining at his restaurants. This is the same character we have seen in Melbourne recently. So for the media to portray him as a monster is shame full. It is character's like Gordan Ramsey that have made such a boring media experience in the past, bearable to watch.
Gr is stale he is trying to get media attention via bullying. There are better chefs and cooking shows on TV. I think he knows the media luster has faded and he is having some sort of midlife crises. That is why his interviews seem to dwell on sexuality. Isn't he supposed to be a chef? Seems he isn't cooking up anything palitable these days. If you do not like the guy just do not patron his sponsers. Don't like Tracy don't watch her. I will now watch Tracey. The thing is Tracey is reporting the news and doing her job. Gr is just a sad old guy clinging to his own self delusions. Frank Sinatra he aint
I've never liked Gordon. It's about time the media stopped painting him as some "hilarious" guy who just happens to make jokes at other people's expenses.
I totally agree Tortured_Mike. Gordon Ramsay needs a wake up call. He's so vile inside and out. His comments were just not called for. Clearly he has to bring others down to make him feel better about his rotten soul.
I don't really care too much about Tracy Grimshaw in general, but the things he said are terrible and it's just pathetic that wankers like him can get away with saying BS. like that.

You can't talk about people that way. If I was a Gordon Ramsay fan (Which thank F*&k I'm not) I would stop supporting him for this.

He's an ugly foul mouth who thinks he's a lot better than he really is.

Wow, a chef! No one can do that!