True Blood: Teasing Us, Not Pleasing Us

True Blood S05E09 "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"

What a tease the ending of True Blood was last night. Just when it looked like Eric might get Sis out of the claustrophobic California Missions Museum basement and away from old Titsy, BAM. Ain't nobody going nowhere! That's pretty much the most important thing that happened this episode.

QUESTIONS:

- Will Eric and Bill ever leave the Authority conference room?

- Is Bill just like completely pussy-tized?

Okay, fine, we'll talk about the whole thing but I'm still pretty furious with the ending. I guess the show paid big money for that Design Within Reach table and a day's hot meals to the naked extra chained in the middle of it and they're damn certain going to get their money's worth. Bottom line: The Authority setting is getting claustrophobic, and not in a way that adds to the tension or suspense. And the opening was so PROMISING: The episode began with news footage of the Tru Blood factory burning down. The threat last week, and then the thing itself: Hemingway couldn't write better fictional vampire terrorism!

A very strong start, and credit where credit is due, the writers wrapped up almost every B-plot this episode, just hauled out the trash and set it on the curb. Yet the episode felt heavy. It was like the dubstep version of True Blood: There was a fast tempo behind the action but it was so disjointed that the cumulative effect was like putting everything in slow motion. A recurring theme was actors having to talk into the air, unassisted by special effects or musical flourishes. If anyone could pull that off, it would be Nelsan Ellis, yet even he sounded like he was monologuing in a community theater production of Steel Magnolias or something during his commune with a horde of unseen ghosts. And when Arlene started screaming at the wallpaper to leave Terry alone, it was just terribly, terribly awkward. At least throw, like, a witchy musical flourish in there. What, you want me to suddenly use my imagination during TV? What is this, Medieval Europe?

I did love Pam and Tara's tiff. Every scene with them has been an excuse for some joyously decadent costume designer to raid '70s-era exploitation movies for inspiration. Glam-bitch black leather and lethal hair chopsticks on Pam, demure little collars and legs for days on Tara, both of them sucking it in and stomping around and snarling "tits" and "suck me" at each other. It's going to end with a wildly passionate scissoring on the floor of Fangtasia and that's basically why I'm still watching. Carry on, laaaaadies.

Do you think Daley Dickey (a.k.a. Werewolf Grandma) will be sued for letting True Blood writers use the same "pigs eat the people" storyline as Winter's Bone? Granted I don't think the walking apple-head dolls in Winter's Bone wasted precious Oxycontin on their victims before feeding them to hogs the way they lavished it on Sookie and Hoyt. Guys, I was way wrong about Hoyt's mom being the hate group ringleader. I should have guessed it would be a character we've never met before, this vision:

Seriously, where has this strapping diva been all my life/these seasons? You'd think a gal with the gumption to preside over a former sheriff and a rowdy crowd of DIY terrorists would've at least done some karaoke at Merlotte's. (Bob Seger's "Turn The Page," obviously). I loved her kimono, and she seemed like a promising adversary until she was summarily tackled and thrashed by a bare-breasted Luna.

This is what I mean about fast-tempo slow-motion: In a single episode the show established that there's a Dragon of the hate group, revealed who she is, allowed her to run at the mouth with a ton of exposition, and then took her out of play. The net sum of all that effort was Sookie right back where we'd left her: noodling around her house.

Although it was interesting that on the one side, you have this hate group spewing hate in a clumsy expository speech about how the vampires are secretly trying to take over the world. Then you basically cut to the vampires discussing how to take over the world. We hate the Authority, we hate the hate groups, but they're both kind of right about each other: The humans are barbaric pigs, the vampires are ruthless predators. And so we're left to root for what, the shifters? The werewolves?

I wish I could have seen the Backstage ad put out for the teen version of Alcide. "EXCESSIVELY handsome 16-year-old needed for one-word part in major premium network series...." Alcide's glowing memories of his summer camp/cult initiation into the pack and chatty hippie counselor/dad would have made me laugh out loud if I hadn't been so quickly drawn in by that fascinating cult vibe. A Manson family of Abercrombie & Fitch models, that is a plotline I can get down with. Oh I can get DAAAAAAAYWWWOOOOON with that plotline.

And again: I totally appreciate that the show wrapped up the Ifrit this episode, with as few sets involved as possible and Scott Foley getting clipped by the combined efforts of the chopstick hair fad that is sweeping Bon Temps (okay, pencil, whatever) and the blessing of the murdered Zephira, awash in heavenly light. Must we really assign divine approval to retribution? Oh whatever, if you're getting your moral guidance from HBO then you're probably already in jail. I have to say, Terry was rather dashing and romantic this episode, even if he did end his arc with basically a cold-blooded murder. Todd Lowe is a tremendously charismatic man and he really nailed the transition between being morally torn over how to handle the curse and then in a sudden onscreen choice morphing into a heartless conduit for revenge. Todd, you're the best. May your plotlines only grow from here.

I don't know if you noticed this, but I am pretty sure Salome wasn't wearing a bra! It excited Bill so much that he had one of his patented, mid-coital homicidal freak-outs, but instead of twisting Salome's head 180 degrees, he fantasized about Sookie and tried to drain her. Then Salome morphed into Lillith, and I guess that was enough to convince Bill that all this vampire wicca is For Realz and he turned on Eric.

Do you think the Authority will KILL ERIC?!? Then you truly do not understand what makes this series commercially viable. Basically what this ending means is that Eric is not done with labored scenes where he questions this hastily mapped-out vampire theology that increasingly comes across as Queen of the Damned fan fiction written by a 14-year-old, which: claustrophobic, and not in a good way.

Here's what was sort of claustrophobic in a good way: Sookie's fairy powers are ebbing! I found myself hoping her fairy friends would cozy up around her so she could recharge the way a balloon soaks up static electricity when you rub it on your head (not that I do that constantly or something. My breath smells like helium for another, better reason) Sookie better juice up before the vampire civil war that promises to break out in the last thirty minutes of the season finale IF WE'RE LUCKY.

Claustrophobic in a great way: Luna's daughter has been given to Steve Newlin as a present by Russell! This is super promising, because for pretty much the entirety of the series the shifters and vampires have been kept carefully apart and this will bring them into direct confrontation. Bring it! Luna has the potential to be a great character if she's not relegated to yelling with Sam in front of a quilt in her living room.

So, yes: So much happened this episode! But nothing really? Were you entertained? Were you frustrated? Did you feel like you had been denied Level 1 access?

QUESTIONS:

- Is Sookie going to find a way to recharge her fairy powers?

- Is the Ifrit done for the season or will the writers tie that shit back in?

- Is Todd Lowe both a consummate actor and a sexually charismatic dreamboat?

Awww I really like Pam. She hired a really good stylist, corset and killer heels, love it!
1. yes, i mean, she could still read minds....

2.i really hope not, it was a good ending to a mediocre story. love alrenes neck stab attack. i knew thats why girls wear those pencils....

3.yes on the acting... maybe show me a little less crazy terry first...

4.why is nudity such a big deal. you can wear a string bikini or a speedo (shudder) at the beach but in downtown anywhere its nearly obscene? or arrestable? wearing a speedo should be arrestable anywhere... off topic...
Bring back Godric, for realz! not just in dream state. I want to see him vs. Russell in a Dragonball style fight that lasts 15 episodes intercut with plenty of exposition. Eric can handle the rest of them himself. I feel like Eric vs. Oneamaus would be a good fight.

Also, the dragon was revealed in a previous episode when Bud was going to go bang her in the hottub with either Jason or Andy at the door asking him about something. Jason asking about his parents maybe? I don't remember.
I miss Godric so, but he met the true death 3 seasons ago. He's not coming back as anything other than a ghost/dream/such.
I'm glad that the supe killers and the Irift are done with, but the question is whether or not they'll be replaced with any better storylines, which I doubt. True Blood should stick to what it knows best, lots of nnecessary nudity, that's what keeps me entertained.
I'm actually glad I didn't give up on True Blood.

I mean, obviously it has its flaws. A LOT of flaws. But its also crazy, fun and still wildly entertaining after all these seasons.

The reason I took a break from TB after the 3rd episode of this season was the characters. Simply put, I no longer liked almost all of them. Eric was a shadow of his former self, Bill was becoming increasingly agitating, Jessica and Jason were nauseating, Hoyt was so pitiably pathetic, Sookie was being Sookie, and Tara was still alive. Admittedly, Pam's awesomeness never wavered.

I took a step back from True Blood, not knowing if I was ever coming back. But after a few weeks I found myself missing it. I wondered what supernatural insanity was going on in Bon Temps while I was away.

I also want to say I think Lily has been very fair with her reviews. There is no shortage of things to criticize, but I think she criticizes out of love for the show. She wants it to be the best it can be. There is nothing wrong with that.

Ever since I started watching again two weeks ago my opinions of the characters have improved for the better. None more than Eric. I abhorred what they did to my favourite character in season 4. They transformed a Viking Vampire into a fairy-whipped puppy dog. Sickening. His return to badassdom has been a slow process, but he's back! I thought the appearance of Godric was a brilliant move to restore the Eric of old. But I, like many of you, wish his stint in the Authority complex will come to an end very shortly. I don't like Eric impotent and in a cage. And if Bill really is a fucking zealot now I truly hope Eric is the one who stops his Salome blood drinking ass.

I may very well be as crazy as the Lilith thumpers, but I'm starting to seriously dig True Blood again!

(P.S. God, how I want Pam to rip out that new sheriff's throat.)

I'm going to go with B) and just a little weak willed which is a shame as it goes against his character development so far

- Is Sookie going to find a way to recharge her fairy powers?

Of course she is just in time to save someone no doubt.

- Is the Ifrit done for the season or will the writers tie that shit back in?

The Ifrit is gone for good which just helps to show that True Blood B Stories always suck monkey balls.

- Is Todd Lowe both a consummate actor and a sexually charismatic dreamboat?

Todd Lowe is an amazing actor most actors would be wringing their hands at the nonsense he has to deal with but he just manages it and makes Terry one of the most likeable characters on True Blood.

It is pretty hard in my view to separate True Blood from blood, breasts and bonking that is what sold it for the first season if we are really being honest. I don't know if doing that would really help at this point.

I have given up on True Blood now it is just not a show I can take seriously and as it isn't a Saturday morning cartoon I think it should be. I look at shows like Teen Wolf that someone manage to combine scary, funny and supernatural all without being ridiculous. This is the last season I think I care to watch.

It all sounded so interesting with Meloni joining the cast but what did the Authority arc actually do? It is just yet another show that falls into the trap of having a popular villain and thinking that it will last for another season when in reality they should have just let him die.
I believe it was in Snatch that I learned to "never trust a man with a pig farm."
Deadwood for me
I was thinking that too when I read the comment about Winter's Bone. Nothing wrong with Winter's Bone, but Snatch was one of the best movies ever, and came out ten years before Winter's Bone.

Great film.
"eligible criticism"? Wait, so there's eligible and ineligible criticism now?
There's a drug test.
on the pigs eating people front i can name 'lock, stock and two smoking barrels' and 'salton sea' as well as the most recent season of justified. haven't actually seen winters bone because dead animals.

fairly certain someone claimed budd was behind the hate group which was at least partially right.

- Will Eric and Bill ever leave the Authority conference room? like you it is annoying that they've been there so long but i guess by now i've grown accustom.

- Is Bill just like completely hypnotized by the prospect of salome and her naughty bits? who wouldn't be? i wish they weren't going to kill her off, cause like damn that is one hell of an attractive woman. even when it's only plunging neckline. i really enjoy her voice too.

- The reappearance of Lillith means Bill is A) crazy B) drugged by Salome's blood C) about to upgrade girlfriends again. both A and B. not sure what you mean by upgrading girlfriends but like in the last not i really would love to see her stick around but seriously doubt they'd keep her?

- Is Sookie going to find a way to recharge her fairy powers? hope so. maybe it'll happen naturally when confronting by her parents' killer.

- Is the Ifrit done for the season or will the writers tie that shit back in? hope so.

- Is Todd Lowe both a consummate actor and a sexually charismatic dreamboat? i've had a man crush on the dude since he first appeared. dude's awesome.

- Should women be shown topless doing normal, non-sexy stuff to sort of de-objectify women's bodies or would that have the opposite of the intended effect? i for one would likely just be distracted away from the dialogue and / or pausing non stop. as long as a man has the urge to mate a woman's body will be objectified. it's just the man's responsibility to recognize there's more to a woman than boobs and bush. like perfect english and a sexy italian accent and inflection.

if i could choose two characters brought in this season for the show to keep it'd be salome and Molly. please keep them?
"I'm just giving my opinion, too."

Yeah, that's why you're in the *comment* section. Review are supposed to be for anyone who is interested in it. Doesn't have to be fans. I remember the hilarious reviews of Tim for "The Event" or "Flashforward". This is really no fansite of TB, so expect to read whatever the opinion of the reviewer is.
Honestly I don't get that people have any hate for this season and this show. Ever since season 3 I have seen the same comments like "The show isn't as good as it used to be" I still love the show and think it's still going strong.

I completely forgot about the video camera! you're right!, they made a point to show a few seconds of what the camera was filming when Sam began his attack, which I also thought was awesome and one of if not Sam's most badass moments. Now that we are in the final stretch of the season all roads are leading to the conflict, and just about every character will now be involved in the main arc. The camera will bring Sam and Luna and possibly other shifters into the mix, Russel's drugging the wolves of course will bring Alcide and hopefully Robert Patrick was not just brought in for one episode cuz I would love to see the two working together and have a rematch with JD and make Alcide pack leader. I think that Sookie looking for the vampire that murdered her parents will lead into her rallying the Faeries by first working together to kill the bastard and from there to not be afraid of vampires and come out of hiding and fight. Ok so that's vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters, and faeries, which pretty much makes up most of the cast, but I'm forgetting one species we should all be familiar with, the humans. This season the humans have been seperate doing their own thing namely Terry, Arlene, Lafayette, Andy, and Jason. Now that the Ifrit and supe killers arcs are finished other than Jason it's unsure at this point if any of the others will get involved in the conflict. However being that the whole point of the Authority has now gone to "humans are food" and earlier in the season when Roman said how if that happened the humans would rise up. Add on to that we have seen a little of that in the supe killers, Jason's comment about how vampires and other supernaturals have been getting away with murder for thousands of years it's fairly easy to say that humans will also jump into the mix both in general and most likely the human characters in Bon Temps.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the show had the budget to do a battle scene with every species in one place like the field where the fairy strip club entrance is? Anyway considering that the conflict is going global I'd say that the first 9 episodes were just the calm before the storm. This time though there is a whole slew of villains that our heroes have to deal with: Salome, Nora, Russell, Steve, Warlow, J.D, and of course Billgellus(Sorry couldn't help the Buffy/Angel reference) And shit was difficult enough when it was just Russell by himself! As for Bill I think it's either gonna come down to he has a plan and has been playing along, or Eric along with Sookie and Jessica will have to save him from himself.

Well now I absolutely say that all this buildup is gonna have one huge explosion at the end, bear in my mind that this season finale is Alan Ball's swansong as showrunner. It was possible way back before the season started that the 5th season might be the last, so I think that Ball decided to have the show be ready to go out with a bang with everything coming to a conclusion just in case of no renewal. The show has been renewed if that wasn't already obvious, no word yet of who the showrunner will be and of course no word of which actors other than Anna will be back. Be warned people, CHARACTERS WILL DIE even Bill or Eric as all the actors contracts are done as well this season and they could choose to leave the show

Oh and here are my answers to the questions

1. I am gonna go with B, with also the possibility that Bill may be playing along and has a plan.

2. Yes, as one of the themes of this show and especially this season is to not be ashamed of who or what you are. Plus she is gonna need it to kick some ass when she goes up against Warlow and any other villains.

3. I can't see any reason why it would come back, unless the ghost woman is only letting Terry and us think it's over, but she could suddenly reappear and come for Terry, suddenly I'm afraid for him.

4. Todd Lowe is awesome so yes, I look forward to any Terry scenes.

5. Well that's a tough one, no matter what your opinion is on this subject your always gonna piss somebody off. So my answer is yes, I am all for anything that de-objectifies women, if in a show or movie a guy is topless doing whatever it's no big deal, so shouldn't it be the same for women?
Very good points. Definitely agree. I'd like to mention that Lafayette has been a pleasure to watch in the past few episodes.
Staff
Nelsan Ellis is up in my Top Ten actors of all time. On a real world timeline he'd probably still be in mourning but Lafayette is so fun when he's bouyant that I think we can all give that a pass.
Yes, he has definitely gone back to the old Lafayette from season 1. Yes, it doesn't make much sense, but it seems like he has been mourning since season 2. I love that he is a fun character again.
Bills 'patented, mid-coital homicidal freak-outs' hahaha, thanks Lilly.

I'm hoping Russell killed Sookies parents.

Nine episodes and they are still in the basement, seriously, wtf?

I'd love to see Pam and Tara storm the Authority building, Matrix style to rescue him. Oh and bring Jessica too and have them wear similar catwomanesque outfits. End the season with Pam staking Salome in the heart with her steel stiletto heal, then with a smile she fixes her lipstick and drops a fabulous one liner. (I know Salome is older and stronger than Pam, but a girl can dream *sigh)
If Salome is Lillith why would she have needed to dig up Russell to take out Roman. Lilith would surely be powerfull enough to do it herself.
I think it would be ironic if Molly is Lilith because then Bill would have been right all along: she has chosen Eric, after all.

Plus, it would explain her urgency to leave after the guardian was killed, Roman's concerned look to her before he died and it would fit the myth of the first, first woman, for Lilith should have knowledge to 'speak techie' and pass on for a modern girl/vampire. That way, the guardian would, literally, guard the actual Lilith, intead of a blood sample.
I think your right in that Salome's blood drugged Bill. This could mean that the blood in the case that is supposed to be Liliths has been Salome's the entire time and she is causing the visions of Lillith. Either she is trying to take over and using the image of Lillith to bring about the war or she is actually Lillith. If Bill has deduced this himself then his actions may be him executing his own plan to take her down.

I have never been a fan of Steve Newlin as a character but the growing romance between him and Russell is actually kind of interesting and Russell is still one of the best characters on the show. I still think that he has not bought into this Lillith stuff and is waiting for his opportunity to take over. Best part is when he went very dark and ancient with his accent while threatening the wolves.

Another great part was Sam's strategy and execution of his take down of the hate group. Waiting as a pig and jumping up to catch sookie before basically taking down the group single handedly with naked karate. Pretty smart. Although I think that video camera will play a part in the future. it has footage of Sam shifting which may mean that Shifters are about to be exposed to the world.
Staff
I definitely agree, the video will go viral and the existence of shifters will bring a whole other dimension between the vampire-human conflict.
I want the action to return to Bon Temps, this authority basement is getting old. Also, this Lillith thing is not convincing me. I mean vampires are so powerful and free, I'm SO not convinced that they would jump to believing any God-like creature even if they see things after getting high on some blood. I'm so buying this...
So irritated by the whole Lilith thing.

Sookie will find her fairy powers when it's convenient to the story line.

Ifrit was dumb, but how are they going to explain the blood on the floor?

Todd Lowe, no dreamboat, but not completely ugly.

Love it when they show boobs in a non-sexual way, penises too.

Bill is such a bad guy this season, that he can never be redeemed, if this turns out to be some master plan, he's doing a great acting job with Salome and Eric.

Best part of the episode: Lafayette and his fabulous lashes.

Worst part: Bill being an ass/the new "sheriff", looks too much like Jack White on crack.
Staff
I am assuming Tara and Pam will kill the new sheriff next episode, otherwise he'd be stunt cast by a more established actor if he were going to be a serious villain. (See Marnie, Russell Edginton et al) However Tara and Pam having a common villain is nothing but good for their relationship and I hope to spend the bulk of next episode with those characters.
I hope they do, because I already hate that fucker more than anybody.
I just love Molly: she must be the greatest vampire since Godric because I'm already up in arms against the idea to kill her off.
Pam and Russell are the best characters on the show, IMO. Denis O'Hare is so fabulous, and I loved how his character showed a sliver of a more frightening personality, towards the end, when his British accent came out. And Pam can do no wrong, she's 100 percent fabulous all the time. I was a little surprised to see Robert Patrick (psycho cop in Terminator II) playing Alcide's father, though. I guess we'll see more of him next week.
Staff
Yes, the British accent slipping out in that line gave me chills. I'm sure Robert Patrick was wildly flattered by that casting. "Me? Joe Manganiello's dad? Okay, I see a resemblance I guess..."
I liked most o the B plot stuff but this whole trapped in a basement is getting so old and dull. And sometimes it feels like the show is being so graphic (nudity and violence) just to distract us for some of the terrible plot lines. I didn't think I could loathe Bill more but I was wrong again!
Staff
AGREED. The nudity and violence does definitely feel like sugar coating in these last few weeks, good poing. And I wish we had seen at least a moment of Bill's rationality surfacing before he turned into a full fledged fanatic...it makes him seem so mentally weak.
Somehow they take some of the more interesting characters from previous seasons: Bill, Eric, Newlin and of course Russell and turn their story lines into complete crap. IMO there better be a good villain emerging soon... oddly enough something only Russell's season did really well.

Vamps v everyone else should have been the defining story line of the season. Everything else driving that story forward rather than a shotgun blast of uninspired side stories.
OK. I got two things from that episode.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, as Lord Acton put it.

Sometimes, a small event such as a suspiciously mickey in the so-called Lilith blood can lead to a major, major catastrophe.

I am thinking more and more that the Lilith blood might be Jezebel's, who was Salome's cousin if memory serves right/Lilith is not represented as she actually is in the Old Testament.Anyway, whatever the case, I am with Eric and I think that the series is shifting from a Bill/Sookie orientation to an Eric orientation.

Finally, I think we are going to be introduced to the Van Helsings who did hunt and kill vampires all that time before True Blood and did maintain a semblance of equilibrium.
Entertaining episode with almost too much stuff to happen but they wrapped up a lot nicely, I think. So right now ERIK is the last hope for mankind ?

And what happened to Pam, she is starting to annoy me: "Keep your head down and your tits up and we'll get through this nice and smooth..." Very good council for perilious times, Pam! Well done Pam! Now RUSSEL BRAND'S little brother owns fangtasia!

"... what was basically cold-blooded murder"

??? Very basically. When you kill a cold-blooded killer it might still be cold-blooded, but not murder. I call that justice.

Although I'm glad it's over I have to break a leg for this Ifrit-arc. From all the arcs given to Lowe I liked this the most - by far. They completely underused him so far and like Lily said the end was a good step in the right direction.
"There are two things I try to stay away from: humans who eat a lot of fish and politics. So whatever comes next, we keep our heads down, our tits up and the blood flowin." - Pam

Sounds like good advice to me during perilous times.
Outch! An hour after watching and I got it THAT wrong... Thanx, now it really sounds very good - but just the first half. I still think Pam should have done something, anything but to sit and wait with Erik in the fangs of the more and more radicalized authority and the true blood factorys bombed. And as a German I'm very allergic to this "let's bury our heads in sand" attitude when it comes to crazy people in power ...
Sooooooooooooooooooooo sick of being down in the Authority basement... It was SUCH a tease letting us think that Eric was busting out. Also, I've never been a fan of Bill--and this season has not helped that. Boooo! But still, entertaining as always.
First of all, let's all just be glad that the Ifrit situation is over. Second, let's also give thanks that this whole hate group storyline is over. Third, can we make the remaining three episodes "The Pam and Tara Hour" because that is the only great storyline we've had all season. Yes, I will admit that things are starting to look up with the whole "Who Killed Sookie's Parents" plot, but I am so far over this Lilith thing I can hardly see straight.

- When I saw the pigs it reminded me so much of Lord of the Flies. Remember when the kids, killed a pig and chanted: KILL THE PIG, SLIT THE THROAT!!!!

-Unless he has a plan, I really don't see how they can redeem Bill as a character. I mean, right now I hate him. Besides, this whole change is so out of character and sudden.

- Uggh, that ending! Not only was it so predictable, but it was so cheesy. It almost felt like a really lame Melrose Place episode ( Don't get me wrong I love MP) with the music.
Hopefully Alan Ball can take Bill with him when he leaves.
No, it's a review of the show itself (which at the moment is crap). That being said, I hate the fact that she is just giving her opinion (which by the way is accurate) and just because others don't agree with her, she's suddenly the bad guy. Her job is to criticize and give her opinion.
1. B and also he's a bitch

2. yes, hopefully she will need them to do something awesome because she's been so boring this season

3. it's done, it was pointless

4. Yessssssssssssss

5. That would be weird I think

and somebody please let eric go so something can actually happen with this show!!
1. Obviously B. Bill got a new dose of Lilith's blood when he bit into Salome. It's consistent with the kind of weird stuff that happens on this show that this would be sufficient to make him high again.

2. Yes, she will have lots of fairy powers soon. She needs something to make her interesting, so please, give her those powers and a reason to use them, or get her drunk much more often. No wait, have her use them when she's drunk.

3. I'm too lazy to scroll up to find out who that is. I wouldn't be able to answer the question anyway, since Todd is presumably a dude.

4. If the writers decide to show boobs in non-sexual situations, I HOPE they're going for the opposite effect, because the alternative would mean that they're even dumber than I think they are now. Think about it, would it de-objectify Jessica to have her topless on the couch watching TV? No. All it would do is to make the show much better.
"In a single episode the show established that there's a Dragon of the hate group, revealed who she is, allowed her to run at the mouth with a ton of exposition, and then took her out of play. "

That the hate group had a leader called "the dragon" was revealed a long time ago.

The best thing in this episode was the boobs. This is another hugely disappointing season.
patented, mid-coital homicidal freak-outs".....LOL!

Great episode. Nice Review, i just think there is no pleasing you. i don't know if it's because you expect too much from True Blood or if you just that kind of person. Nevertheless i'd love to see the episode you enjoy as a whole. Then i can tell my Kids I was there, on the day hell froze over.
Chuckle. These comments seem to happen on all Lily's reviews. There are two ways to react to this. Either I can say "Let Lily be Lily; it's not her fault she's a grinch." This week, I'm going the other way and taking a drink every time I read one of these comments. It'll be a long drinking game, but I'll power through.
Don't do it, buddy. You'll end up in the hospital.
1. Clearly B is the right answer, but I want it to be C.

2. She has to if they are going to drag this out another million seasons.

3. Done. I hope. I can conceive of nowhere they could go with that.

4. Who? Oh, that guy. He looks like a hobo.

5. The story goes that back in the early to mid-20th century, western missionaries to Africa told African woman that they must cover their boobs. The African women, not wanting to burn in hell, took their cloth wraps and moved them up (rather than coming up with a completely new style of dress). This uncovered their knees, which were considered their sexy bits. As a result, the population of the African continent exploded. What did we learn from this? (A) if you cover up anything, it will be fetishized (B) boobs wouldn't be sexy if they weren't covered (C) it would have the opposite of the intended effect for a generation. I can't say this story is gospel, but it is widely believed, and sure, why not?
Staff
I had no idea about the birth rates skyrocketing after knees were exposed. That answers that question! Could we take a generation of bare breasted ladies sauntering through the streets or too many traffic accidents?

I was really excited about the Ifrit wrapping up, it almost felt too good to be true, and then when they arrested the hate group and wrapped THAT up it was a feel good moment on a par with the final scene of Home Alone.
4. Clearly, I need to move to where you live. Todd Lowe is a zillion times hotter + "charismatic dreamboat" than any hobo I've ever seen in my neck of the woods.
Fans aren't allowed to criticize?
Right? I'm a fan, but sometimes I wonder what the heck is going on!
I guess the show has decided that gratuitous curse words and sex scenes were passe and full frontal junk showing is the new frontier. Congrats, Extra!

If Lilith is merciful, that will be the last we see of the Ifrit. I like Terry but that story was pointless, and I have a feeling that it won't tie in with anything else this season, just like last year's pointless stories, aka the werepanthers and demon-baby.
I hate Bill so much right now.
Why did I sing this line? ha!
The best thing this episode did was resolve storylines. The supe-killer plot had potential but fell flat, and the ifrit thing sucked from the beginning. I did enjoy Luna beating that fat ugly bitch, and Terry shooting Patrick in the head. I agree that the Pam/Tara thing is the main thing I've liked this year (yes Tara haters I'm tolerating her this year, blow me). It really gets my blood boiling when Pam is fucked with, especially by some Marilyn Manson wannabe. She's pretty much the only character I care about so that's why. It seems like most of the characters are going to get involved in the vampire civil war, though I don't know where some like Terry and Lafayette will fit in if they do. Also, don't care for Alcide, and if Hoyt is dead, leave him dead, do not turn him into a vampire.
I chanted "please let a pig eat Hoyt" a few times, so I think that helped. Fingers crossed.