True Blood: What a Terribly Brilliant Finale!

Holy moly, what a finale. There's a lot to process: a genuinely shocking ending, game-changing developments, and the ham-fisted ruination of the main love triangle, for starters. Almost every supporting character has now been set up with an interesting arc for Season 5, yet our three leads are behaving like telenovela characters, which made the experience of watching the finale a wild see-saw ride between completely brilliant and completely terrible.

True Blood

Terrible: Marnie was basically peer-pressured out of being the bad guy by a bunch of ghosts. After a season of deadly resolve, Marnie had one good cry and was like "Peace out." Women are so emotional! Good thing no one takes them seriously, ever.

True Blood

Also, Marnie was burning Eric and Bill over a pile of Bill's shutters? And they were super cavalier about it, too. Bill and Eric's cute repartee as they were SILVERED TOGETHER on either side of a stake was our first clue that no one is allowed to take these two seriously anymore.

True Blood

I'm glad they wrapped everything up so fast—believe me, that was one of the best things about last night. The much-promoted showdown between the season's villain and three very ineffective people (Sookie, Tara, and Holly) was over about 15 minutes into the show. But it also felt half-baked. How did Marnie miss the part where Holly poured salt in a giant circle around the stake? The lady just tiptoed around in silver go-go boots whispering incantations, and Marnie did nothing? Hell, I knew salt circles were magical just from watching The Skeleton Key, yet a demon-witch spirit didn't even notice a grown woman in body glitter saltin' a 20-foot circle ?

True Blood

Also, for all their talk of eternal peace, the dead folks looked rough. Like Alan Ball's concept of the afterlife has no hair product and is HOT and only serves junk food. Gran looked beat up and did not have time for chitter-chatter, other than letting Sookie know we all die alone. Thanks Gran! So helpful and reassuring. Wish we could just hold hands and talk barefoot in our nightdresses all night long about death and snatching souls.

True Blood

Luckily a literally half-baked Eric interrupted the solemnity with a lighthearted quip. I know vampires are resilient, but when did pain become completely meaningless on this show? If Bill was almost killed in Season 1 when he was silvered by drainers, why can he and Eric now sustain third-degree burns and pounds of steel chain and still be pithy?

Also terrible:

True Blood

This is my last terrible thing, bear with me. There was a lot of good stuff in this episode we still have to discuss, but this whole scene made me genuinely mad. I enjoy the color and character of the various subplots of True Blood, but the reason I watch the show is the Sookie, Eric, and Bill love triangle. I loved its subtlety in the first two seasons, and I was enthralled when Season 4 started and Sookie and Eric developed their relationship. So to have Sookie give a bizarre, coy speech to Bill and Eric as they cartoonishly mugged with excitement/disappointment was excruciating. If you have not just one, but three romantic leads that you've spent years crafting into three-dimensional characters—characters your audience is completely invested in—please do not dismiss everything they feel about each other with a single, weird paragraph of dialogue. Even if Sookie would leave them both (and she wouldn't), show me, don't tell me. No human being, fairy, or vampire would resolve an important relationship so unnaturally or succinctly. Now I feel like a low fool for taking either relationship seriously, and while the show used to create meaningful and naturalistic moments between these three, their interactions in the last three episodes have been straight out of Dynasty.

And it doesn’t have to be this way! If you want an example of the kind of naturalism and authenticity the True Blood writing staff is capable of, look no further than Jason, Jessica, and Hoyt. Jason's confrontation with Hoyt was heartfelt and real, and Hoyt's reaction was spot-on.

True Blood

The tentative way that Jason and Jessica's relationship is progressing has all the giddiness and instability of a genuine fledgling romance. Jessica walking to Jason's door was a gorgeous cinematic moment, and then their conversation after their cape-sexin' had the perfect tone of "I'm crushing" + "I barely know you." Considering that the writers are handling this relationship so well, it makes me wonder why they've turned their back on cultivating real moments between Eric and Sookie. But Jason, Jessica and Hoyt: They are going to be wonderful next season, I love this triangle, you three actors are the hotness.

True Blood

Arlene and Terry also are taking an interesting turn next season: Terry's army friend Scott Speedman Scott Foley has popped up in town, and ghost Rene returned with a danger forecast for Arlene! Love these ghosts turning up and dishing secrets. So gossipy, ghosts!

True Blood

In an episode that centered on the dead returning to Bon Temps, it made me laugh that Tommy still was not onscreen. Whose lunch did he piss on to get so written-out this season? Even when his character had scenes, he was usually played by someone else, and after essentially telling him to hurry up and die, Sam shelled out about eight dollars on his funeral.

True Blood

More brilliance: I feel reassured that Kevin Alejandro will be returning next season. I was swooning over Jésus this entire episode; his determination to protect Lafayette at all costs would have been heartbreaking even if he hadn't already won me over in the last two episodes. The idea of a medium being haunted by the man he loves is agonizingly romantic, as was the line "Dude, I'm dead, you're a medium. I'll always be with you." Seriously swooning! Guys, please be thirty percent of next season, at least.

True Blood

Another thirty percent of Season 5 might be Alcide. After a long night of killing strangers and abjuring his girlfriend, he sidled right up to Sookie and told her they should soberly consider banging for the benefit of their mental health. Practical! Alcide, isn’t there a body in your house right now? Priorities!

True Blood

So, Season 5 so far: Terry menacing Arlene, Andy maybe got a fairy pregnant, Jesus popping in to check up on Lafayette, Alcide making a play for Sookie.

Oh, also: Nan showed up toward the end of the episode, in hot boots and with hot news: AVL has fired her and is gunning for Eric and Bill next, so they should all start a rebellion! Then she bad-mouthed Sookie, so Bill naturally had to kill her. Sigh.

True Blood

However, this is very exciting news for next season! Cloak-and-dagger vampire rebellion! Vampires forced to choose sides! Bill and Eric might be able to salvage their once-vaunted cool and become real characters squaring off against the Authority, and there are also some serious rogue players at large: Pam figuratively cut loose by Eric, and Russell Edgington literally cut loose, possibly by this guy:

True Blood

Also another free agent in the vampire world might possibly be Tara. Can we unpack this a little? Tara's murder shocked me. The finale was bookended with Sookie and Tara in the kitchen, opening with the two having a heart-to-heart over coffee, like a Constant Comment commercial staged at a battered women's shelter.

True Blood

... and then ending with Tara diving in front of Debbie Pelt's shotgun to save Sookie.

True Blood

I mean, that is definitely brain matter, and I don't think any amount of V is going to heal that hole. Yet in no way do I believe True Blood is killing Tara. I'm going to publicly wager that she is resurrected as a vampire. It would make her character all the more conflicted, and would also invest another lead character in the coming vampire rebellion. I hope this is the case, because while she does have a lot of movie projects coming up, Rutina Wesley is just too good to let go. I know a lot of you despise Tara's character, but imagine her as a vampire. "Awesome" only begins to describe it.

True Blood

Hoo-effing-ray for Sookie that she killed Ke$ha! The last few episodes, Sookie was the worst part of the show. Her behavior at Moon Goddess Emporium was confounding, her weird monologues to Bill and Eric have completely killed those romances, and her use of fairy powers has been puzzling and sporadic. Giving Sookie a moment where she had to pop the shell out of the gun, put it under Debbie's chin and consider Debbie's pleas was crucial to the brilliance of the ending. She definitely had time to consider not killing Debbie, but she took a dark turn and went for it. I'm no fan of murder, but this choice makes Sookie so much more compelling as a lead than she's been in the last three seasons. This is a Sookie I want to follow into Season 5.

True Blood

The balance of the terrible and brilliant this episode started out teetering, but this clinched the finale in favor of brilliance.The more complicated and interesting Sookie is, the more justifiable this whole world becomes, since it increasingly centers on Sookie's appeal. And her choice at the end made her more appealing than she's been all season, and elevated her to the status of a fully fledged, multidimensional heroine. I am still your vampire bride, True Blood, and any time you're on I will be summoned inexorably to my television screen.

Thank you everyone who's watched the show with me this season. I've looked forward to reading the comments so much and I'm continually impressed by TV.Com's True Blood fans. KIT until next season + you guys are the best! Now let me know what you think is in store for Season 5….

QUESTIONS:

… Is Tara dead, will she be saved through V, or will she return as a vampire?

… Who will be the romantic lead of Season 5: Eric, Bill, or Alcide?

… Did Hoyt cross a line when Jason told him about Jessica? Is there any hope for the guys' friendship?

… What is Russell Edgington up to? Is Steven Newlin (FotS leader) his progeny?

… Sookie: badass or murderess?

… Will next season be vampires vs. vampires vs. fairies ?

… What did you think of the finale?

Jan 13, 2012
enjoyed your rant very funny.

I gotto say a couple things

1. marnie/character and actress was way overrated she was not funny or scary i cant believe that they wasted that huge villian possibility with her she became so irritaing and annoying and glad she died at end but wow the missed the mark with her.

(she was as interesting and scary funny as harry potter and took more time than vampires did)

2. quinn is suppose to be new love interest according to books.

3. yes the whole sookie i love both eric and bill and choose non scene lame. we know its over with bill now its erics time and they had to killing that.

4. Tara has togo to open for new possibilities the show is getting predictable with her character.

5. who cares about arlene we need more vampire storylines

5. next season will be crazy. humans, wiccans, vamps , warewolfs, werepantehers, fairies and everybody against everybody. there will be more of the same madness

remember season 1 and 2 of True blood Ahhh i miss that. Everything was interesting and scary and fun magical tv. Now its fillers with stupid shit like arlene and her demon gohst baby and tommy mickens and his family crystal and her tribe raping jason. not scary or funny just outrageously dumb and lame. ooh well nothing last for ever :( i wanted it too
Oct 25, 2011
I agree that Sookie shooting Debbie Pelt in the face was the best thing she did all season. Sadly for the writers of the show, it's only because that's one of the few things they actually took from the book... I have no problem that Sookie isn't with either Bill or Eric, but the way they did it was SO painful! I mean I'm happy they don't want to follow the books exactly, because otherwise there's no reason to watch. But jesus christ, at least make the new stuff worth watching or else that's still true!
Sep 19, 2011
1) Shit, Tara better not be dead. There's a reason she's an angry, bitter, swearing biatch, and I love her. Turn her into a vampire...bwaha. Overdrive. So much to hate about that, but so much to love.

2) Romantic lead... Hrm, well, right now I'm gunning for Alcide. Topless. Or in a checked shirt. Not too picky. No, I lie. Shirtless plz. I don't think it'll happen though. I think it'd be more Bill-Eric push-pull BS. I was so waiting for Bill and Eric to kiss in her dream scene bwaha. Damnit!

3) I think their friendship will come together in the end. I hope so. Yeah, sure, Jason got his girl. It sucks. But hopefully their sh*t's stronger than that.

4) URG RUSSEL. Okay, look, he was a great villain, but seriously? He was also goddamned irritating. And Steven Newlin...the only good thing about him was his wife. Also, when they buried him the cement I kept thinking "JUST KILL HIM DAMNIT COS THIS'LL COME AND BITE U IN THE ASS LATER" yup. Just did. Guess that's the point. Sigh.

5) I like that Sookie hasn't been whining over too much this season, but if she's gonna be crying over a dead werewolf next season, I'm gonna be a bit pissed. I want more badass.

6) Vampires vs vampires, definitely. Hopefully Nan didn't go telling the whole world that Sookie is a fairy. But that other fairy bit with Bellefleur... That's going to cause some trouble later on.

7) It wasn't as great as I wanted it to be. I was so bleak about Jesus, and the Marnie thing was just dumb. There's no way she would have just been like "okay, fine. I'll go." - If Antonia couldn't do it first time round, why could she do it now? Pff.
Sep 16, 2011
Im sorry but I was seriously disapointed with this finale, something I never thought I would be. 1 Jesus That effing B***h Marnie 2. How the Hell did Eric and Bill get up there? Marnie said that Lafayettes power was just potent, not nearly as the Martonia combo so How does Marnayette get them up there. 3and finally .Marnie resolution:

Marnie "I hate vampires and people I am a doorstep and I killed vampires and humans without remorse, and I will keep on keeling both. Antonia: " No Marnie you shouldn't do that, Not killing them is better. Marnie: "Oh I didn't realize I was in a Lifetime movie, I am going to cry a little first but ok. Antonia: Yes you killed good and bad vampires, you killed innocent humans, you tried to kill more innocent humans and other semi good vampires and showed no signs of stopping. Come it's time for the Field of dreams ending despite the evil you did you get to go to heaven. WTF? 4 and then Tara, I personally liked her character, and how could they do that after all she had been through. Oh yeah and how could they do this to Lafayette, he was already crushed about Jesus, Tara dying will destroy him beyond compare if she is really dead. I mean it's like AB thought well we already stuck the knife in Lafayette, how about we twist it?

4. Nobody has mentioned this but the last we saw of Sam there was a werewolf about to attack him. I am assuming it was Debbie but that was the only is he or isn't he in danger or dead ending. Anyone heard if he is coming back. Not really happy about Russell they should have waited longer, or Steve Newlin, Jason is fine for god's sake as he is inside his house and I highly doubt he will invited Newlin in

But there were some good and touching parts. 1. Hoyt's mom with Sam at Tommy's grave. Starting by insulting Tommy, then believing in his good heart and saying he was like a son to her. But when she comforted Sam and being dead on about his life but still saying to call her Mama and that he was family to her. Also the look on her face when she mentioned Tommy stealing her clothes was hilarious. 2. The return of Gran even if she was scary looking and actually started to walk away to go back. If Sookie had not said anything she would have kept on walking. 3. Sookie's decision which I for one am happy she dumped them both, Go Alcide! 4. Rene returns, the one villain who was popped albeit briefly several times, this time with a warning claiming Arlene is in danger from Terry or actually that guy who came to see him. Did anyone else notice the weird look on that dude's face when Terry mentioned the word wife? almost like he was really upset becase he is in love with Terry. 5. and the best Sooie not hesitating to kill finbally kill debbie as i would have been pissed if she didn't.

All in all the finale was terrible with only a few redeeming qualities, but not
Sep 16, 2011
Well, Lily! I enjoyed your little rant much more than the finale itself! :D Still laughing my ass off (can I say that?)!

The best moment was Tara getting shot! Finally! There will be no way from getting that brain matter back into her head again, hopefully. And I don't want her to become her a vampire either! No, thanks! Every scene with her was painful to watch. She should have gone halfway last season.

But Jesus was really uncalled for! He was awesome! So now he'll probably return as a ghost. Poor Lafayette. It's a little creepy for he is a medium so Jesus can envade him... Hm, ghost sex?! (I'm just remembering that movie with Steve Martin in which his body is halfway possessed by the spirit of Lily Tomlin. All of me, I think.)

If anyone should be turned into a vampire next season it should be Jason. He got robbed of the Werepanther thing! And that trick would surely bring some fun back into the dating circus of TB! :D
Sep 16, 2011
I am so gutted WHY JESUS ? I was during all the scene like SHIT PLEASE NO NO NO NO but they had to kill him just when he won everyone over during this season. I went from "hate this dude so effing annoying" to "more scene with jesus please!! "

So sad ! as the ghost I am sure we won see enough of him.
Sep 16, 2011
I think Tara's gonna be saved, but I admit the thought of her as a vampire is SUPER EXCITING!!! It would be good for a change... I'm already seeing her visiting her ex girlfriend: 'Hey hottie! Guess what? No need to be afraid anymore, I'm a vampire now!' Speaking of interesting plays that could save lame characters, I so hope screenwriters won't give up on Jason and Jessica's relationship - I finally started to like Jason when he tried vampire sex! Hoyt would get so mad, it could turn him into a serious badass! The season finale was great because it was both sad (Lafayette murdering Jesus made me soooooooo wanna cry my eyes out) and uberfunny (Bill shouting: "WE ARE NOT FUCKIN' PUPPY DOGS!!!!!!") And also, it leads to very interesting questions regarding season 5. Finally, I think Sookie's gonna hook up with a new character, probably a werewolf or a changeling. But let's face it: it won't last, she'll go back to Eric or Bill at some point.
Sep 15, 2011
I also think the repercussions of Sookie's murderin' are going to play a big part in season 5 and I can't wait! Sandra van Pelt!!!
Sep 15, 2011
if the book is any indication, she may find a completely new love interest next season... and I think Alcide is a terrible love interest. Just cuz a guy looks good naked does not make him interesting. (Alcide, not Joe Manganiello who is really cool)
Oct 25, 2011
Yeah I feel like maybe they should combine the next two books. They aren't following closely enough that they couldn't do that, and there are a lot of dead ends (literally...) there anyway.

My absolute favorite line of any of the books yet (the point where I became obsessed) "Where'd you meet up with a tiger?"

If she's off of Eric, Bill, and Alcide, that's a great time to introduce a new love interest...
Sep 15, 2011
Anyone find it weird that there is always a big death or a a big fight seen and the next scene, everyone is back at work doing the usual? Alcide and Sam kill the Alpha wolf and the next day they are just chilling at Merlot's.

Not to mention when Lafayette and Jesus went to Mexico a few episodes back in search for Jesus' grandfather, and the next scene, Lafayette is back in the kitchen cooking away as if he never left, hanging with the ghost chick.
Sep 15, 2011
Next season will be Russell vs vampires vs werewolves vs werepanthers vs shapeshifters vs the fairies: it's bound to be awesome!
Sep 15, 2011
Actually AB no longer surprises me, and the show has become extremely predictable. Of course next season the romantic lead will be Alcide, the show and the media have been setting it up for awhile now. That is one reason that I will be cutting ties with HBO and True Blood. I just can't get interested in wooden robotic Alcide. Hoyt had every right to hit Jason but he definitely crossed the line when he kicked him when he was down and not fighting back. We have known for a long time now that Russel was coming back to cause more havoc, and my speculation is he turned Steve. Sookie still a simpering whinner. I got over her character long ago, and i'm upset that Eric has any interest in her, he deserves so much better. I would love next season to get back to the vampires and their history and politics. That would be the only reason I would bother to watch. The finale in a word predictable. AB said early on major players would be killed off, or presumed killed off, and who better then Tara.
Sep 15, 2011
They really need to get some technical advisors on board about Wicca/Witchcraft. The word SAMHAIN is pronounced Sow-wen, NOT Sam-Hain. It is Gaelic and means "Summer's End."
Sep 22, 2011
It actually means November
Sep 16, 2011
Thank you for posting this! I literally cringed when I heard that. I always watch the show with several fellow Wiccans and we all did an OMG double take. The whole season was insulting to Witches. Geez did they even bother to talk to a real Wiccan/Witch? Most places they could have googled would have the pronunciation. Most of the season was just stupid to me, though I'll still watch it as long as it's on. I mean, Alex lol!
Sep 15, 2011
After all Jessica's coming on to Jason, before they finish having sex she tells him she doesn't want to be his girlfriend. What the eff?
Sep 15, 2011
This years finale was definitely better than the rest, really left you with a lot of questions and dead bodies.
Sep 15, 2011
thats's great russell is back, but i also think pam dug up russell. an pam is going to get sookie, whoa
Sep 15, 2011
I believe it was Nan Flannagan who dug up Russell as a last minute surprise for the Authority
Sep 15, 2011
Completely agree. I reckon Pam dug Russell up to help her get Sookie. All power to them - I too am 'over Sookie's fairy vagina' (what a fantastic line). True Blood jumped the shark so many times this season that it turned the shark into a skipping rope! Usually at this time I am bemoaning the fact that I have to wait so long until the next season, but this time I think I'll miss Lily's spot on reviews more than the show. I'm still finding hard to swallow that Eric would turn on his progeny Pam like that, for trying to protect him. Especially since Sookie wasn't even hurt, much less in really danger! I am also sad that the one relationship I did still believe and invest in (Layfeyette & Jesus) has been broken up by Jesus' death. I'd love to see Jesus come back next season but I think that he was just trying to comfort Layfeyette and that we won't actually see him next season. :-(
Sep 15, 2011
Sookie- Baddass. If she wouldn't had killed Debbie..it wouldn't had been believeable. You watch someone shoot your best friend since you were 5 and you dont do anything? Of course she shot her.
Sep 15, 2011
Tara may already be a vampire. It would be a good way to bring her back..say Pam was upset and decided to go off and make her own progeny and it was Tara...so when she was shot it's just going to heal like when she took the mace to that vampire's head in season 3 and he healed up all the same. I refuse to believe they're killing her either.
Sep 15, 2011
Hehe, did you forget that they had coffee together that morning in the daylight?
Sep 14, 2011
I wonder when would they introduce John Quinn.
Sep 14, 2011
i love true blood, but i admit this season did disappoint me..hopefully next season i can fall in love with it again
Sep 14, 2011
Why is something bad always happening to Tara?
Sep 18, 2011
Tara having traumatic experiences is a huge motif for the show.

Just the same as Ginger screaming in every scene.**

She radiates and attracts bad energy and hostility.

She is the show's truth teller- the one who says it like it is- the one who shouts at Sookies for 'doin' dumb shit'.

Her story in the first season was the most compelling arc after Bill and Sookie.

I hope resurrection is possible, I think she is an important character. And she looks amazing in tight jeans!

** Ginger didnt scream this week!! Its the first time she hasnt screamed her head off!

Sep 14, 2011
It would be really awesome to see a vampire Tara. She would be extremely badass. I love Bill's rant when he killed Nan, " We, are not, PUPPIES!"

But did anyone notice the discontinuity when in the Sookie, Eric, Bill break up scene? Bill had his hand on Sookie's face, index finger infront of her ear, but when cut to see Bill, his hand is completely behind her ear.
Sep 14, 2011
Q1: I hope Tara did die. Q2: It's time for the wolf!. Q3: Hoyt should've used the chainsaw and cut Jason into a lot of pieces. Bros before hoes Jas!. Q4: I think so! I'm glad Russell's back. Q5: The trigger probably slipped. She's not a murderer. Q6: That fairy that Andy screwed will definitely be trouble next season! and Q7: Very entertaining television. See ya next season!
Sep 14, 2011
So glad they finally got rid of Tara! Please don't bring her back! Enough of that constant whining and nagging over the last seasons. Bury her deep, put some silver cuffs on her and stuff her with rock salt!
Sep 18, 2011
Traumatic childhood

Unrequited love

Ensnared by a maenad

Murderer boyfriend is murdered

Kidnapped and sexually assaulted by a psychopath vampire

I think that litany is deserving of the occasional moan.

I like Tara. She's been an important character.

At least she acknowledges the bad stuff unlike Sookie who keeps going back for more. I hope Tara is back next season.

Sep 14, 2011
Well, I'm thinking next season a certain weretiger from the books is going to put in an appearance. Though anyone else had threesome-type ideas when the two guys were sucking her blood?
Sep 18, 2011
Fo Sho,

You know Bill and Eric would have been all over each other. That simmering sexual tension between them needed an outlet.

Sookie would have ended up sitting on the side of the bed watching those two go at it.
Sep 14, 2011
in order to become a Vampire she needs to have vampire blood in her system at the point of death. If they will break this particular rule in the vampire myth as well then Alan Ball shall go to hell. Tara is the most hated character on the show, what's the point in saving her?
Sep 18, 2011
At least she isnt a dull, insipid doormat like Sookie.

Rutina Wesley is a great actress, she proved that time and again in the first season.

She just needed better stories.
Sep 14, 2011
Because now the writers have the opportunity to change her, one thing I'm sure of, she is not coming back the same. And as Arlene said, zombie is the new vampire.
Sep 14, 2011
I loved Pam's rant about Sookie....

"I'm SO over Sookie and her fairy vag....na!"
Sep 18, 2011
I almost choked last week when she called Sookie a 'gash in a sun dress'.

I had to press pause. I was howling!
Sep 14, 2011
"And her unbelievably stupid name!!"
Sep 16, 2011
And it sure is an unbelievably stupid name!

I also think that a pissed off Pam could have turned that stupid Fangtasia waitress just for having a progeny/progenitor bond with another fang as hers and Eric seems severed.
Awesome!
Sep 14, 2011
another theory about Taras resurrection could be: Lafayette hears Sookies screaming, is so freaked about all the brainmatter of his only cousin so he conjures the demon he still could have inside him - after all it was his body that licked the bloody knife - and uses necromancy to bring Tara back, as a Zombie maybe? Arlene and Terry brought the whole theme up already with their costume. I mean - vamps, fairies, werwolves and -panthers, witches - why stop and not bring Zombies into the mix, since "the walking dead" is doing so well?!? ;)

so what I'm looking forward to on season 5: Zombie Tara, the rebellion against the empire- uhh Authority with two focused-on-fighting-and-not-drooling-over-a-blonde-fairy vamps.

...and what not: Russell Edgington & Steven Newlin (why bring back two very annoying characters?), Lafayette haunted by his dead boyfriend, no Tara at all

btw, really nice review, I have to agree on all points!

Sep 14, 2011
Ahem, you forgot something to file under the brilliant column "hi Nan....gay stormtroopers" :P .

I didn't really think to presume that Newlin being a vampire would have something to do with Edgington (or that he let him out) but that's certainly a good point. Part of me figured that might be some throwaway cliffhanger and he turns out to be a hallucination, or his fangs are fake and he was just messing with Jason or something, but yeah, Edginton coming straight after him (or just turning him after he frees him) does indeed make some sense.
Sep 14, 2011
Tara is dead and no V in the world can bring her back. I don't think she'll come back as a vampire. If she returns it'll probably be because of some fairy-magic (hopefully). I guess the romantic focus will be on Alcide and his attempts to woo her until she realizes that she still loves Bill way too much and returns to him (poor Eric!). Hoyt's reaction was so... human. Loved it. And there is always hope :) As for Sookie: survivor! That Steven Newlin guy is the vampire who showed up at Jason's doorstep? Don't remember the actor, he left no impression whatsoever. What does he have to do with Edgington again? Anyway, great&awful finale for a great&awful season. Looking forward to the next one! :D
Sep 14, 2011
Well Rutina Wesley (Tara) has already said she's signed on for season 5. So..........
Sep 14, 2011
Where did you read that?
Sep 14, 2011
I read an interview with her that I found on imdb Tv news, linked to another site. She said that she coming back but doesn't know more.
Sep 14, 2011
Also, how the fluff did Sookie have enough blood to heal both Eric and Bill from such a crispy state?? She wasn't even woozy afterwards. -Seriously- watch the scene again. P.S. the slurping noises feeding vampires make are really gross too!!
Sep 14, 2011
And... I'm kinda thinking Terry's friend he thought was dead.. IS dead!

Sep 14, 2011
I was REALLY dissappointed with how the whole Eric/Sookie relationship was handled, I mean they had a few good moments but other then that... - You could just tell Alan Ball is Team Bill!

I do however feel it's time for Sookie to be on her own for a while and really settle in to her new self/life. That said, I'm guessing Alcide is up next for the role of boyfriend...

Tara... considering the amount of V and benelovent spirits around, I highly doubt she's dead. Especially since, it looked to me that, she was shot on the side of the head and we actually can survive with half of a brain (involving some re-training). ;)p
Sep 18, 2011
The Everybody Loves Sookie Show was kind of mishandled in the final half of the season.

Like Lily I feel really disappointed in Eric; he's supposedly back to being his magnificent thousand year old viking self and yet look at his most recent behaviour:-

in the past few eps he was entered into a suicide pact to save Sookie, begged for her love, he's cussed out Pam and now he's best buddies with Bill?

Where is his pride or the character's consistency? This is not Eric.
Sep 14, 2011
Why can't Tara just die! I loved the episode thought so shocking and funny
What is Dynasty?
Sep 14, 2011
More ghost Rene next season, please!
Sep 13, 2011
i thought it was so funny when jason started telling hoyt the positions he did with jess coz it was just such a dumb thing to say lol i was shocked when tara died to save sookie and it was made even more heartbreaking because earlier, tara had talked about growing old and sitting on the porch together! bill and eric are hilarious together and pam may not have been in the episode long but dam she had a great scene! haha newlin's become the thing he hates so much and seems to be gay from the way he looked at jason when he answered the door buck naked.
Sep 13, 2011
is tara coming back next season?
Sep 14, 2011
I just read an interview with her, she is coming back but just as us she doesn't know more.
Sep 13, 2011
I think Tara is true death dead. I don't think she'll come back unless Lafayette "summons" her or something
Sep 13, 2011
This season finale was definitely a mixed bag of Halloween Candy! I like how things played out unexpectedly in a lot of parts. I don't think we have seen the end of Tara, don't know how she will return but she will! I hope Alcide gets more screen time next season with Sookie. Hoyt may have gone a little too far but he'll get over it, maybe. Russell Edgington is up to no good, duh! I think he is back and planning something big, hence Steven Newlin showing up at Jason's house as a Vampire. Sookie is Badass, and I think her inner fairy is coming out, mischeif and the light. I hope to see more about the fairies and I'm glad Russell Edgington may be back, he was awesome!
Sep 13, 2011
I think Lafayette may be a type of Shamen (Why Jesus would have been attracted to him -made it easier to live with his demon)...He not only communes with the dead, but he helps people heal (Mavis) -just as Antonia claimed she did...in some belief systems, some Shamen claim to be able to perform 'soul retrievals' --so whether Lafayetter can reverse/repair Tara, Tara gets turned, or she is lurking around to antagonize Lafayette...I feel confident that there is still more story to tell with Tara...
Sep 13, 2011
I don't know why we think alike, but... SPOT ON! I hope Sookie hooks up with Alcide, Tara would be an awesome vampire with Eric and Bill and hated by Pam, the Hoyt-Jason-Jessica triangle would be very interesting if Hoyt became a vampire to! Eric NEEDS to tough up again and Bill SHOULD get back to his mystical -much more attractive- side. Sookie turned badass with that murder, but let's see how she handles it -it could get very boring very quickly- in the next season.
Sep 13, 2011
The finale definitely blew me away. It was great in every sense. Things went fast but never felt rushed and indeed the set up for next season is beyond huge. I'm super stoked. I do however hope Tara dies. The way Gran explained it might have been cruel, but afterlife will deliver a peace that can't be found on earth. Tara will never find true happiness in this world. She tried this year but she failed. So for me, letting her go would be the only way she would find peace. Since she so deserves it.
Sep 13, 2011
Best finale so far, for sure.
Sep 13, 2011
Hmmm, I was definitely expecting more from the season's finale.... Thought it was more terrible than brilliant. I dunno... felt like they were in a hurry to close the current storyline and forced into some dumb dialogue while setting up the next "Vampire Mutiny" storyline for season 5.

Sucked: triangle Bill-Eric-Sookie (what sappy stuff was this??), Marnie going from superevil too whiney in record time,

Loved: Jason & Jessica (man, is she hot!! maybe if she played red ridinghood in the reboot it wouldn't have sucked so much, am I right people??), Alcide (don't have to be gay, to know that he's hot!! Sookie, make your choice girl.), deaths: debbie, Tara, Jesus, Tommy (funeral but I'll take it).

To conclude: Either the needed to cut back on some salaries, or either there gonna be introducing a lotta new chars in season 5 as they're killing of every1 at the moment.

I'm gonna give season 5 a chance, but I liked the changeover from 3 to 4 a lot more....
Sep 13, 2011
I am so over Eric being such a wuss, he needs to get over Sookie asap. I kind of dont like Bill, never have. He is just so, so, so patronizing and old-fashioned and righteous and love-sick ALL THE TIME. Even when he grew balls in the fourth season by becoming a king, he still was a complete wuss. And I want my vampires mean and selfish. So I am rooting for Alcide to become the main lead, although even if it happens it clearly has not been built to last. If you start your relationship by being the boring and safe choice for you, it is not a relationship that could nail me in font of my telly.
Sep 13, 2011
Awesome recap all season! Well done!

One thing that bothered me about the episode was the wolf with Sam! I hope Sam is killed off! I'm probably the only one but he annoys the crap outta me!

Also who was the wolf? If it was Debbie why would she go to Sam? If she was gonna taunt about trying to kill Sookie I doubt he'd let her leave! She's way too scatterbrained to overpower him!

I'm hoping there's gonna be webisodes again! I can't wait nine months to find out everything in an hour!
Sep 13, 2011
Um.... Sookie killed Debbie...
Sep 13, 2011
For me - the only person who doesn't fit in is Lafayette. I really hope writers won't decide to revive Tara just because they have no idea what to do with him.
Sep 13, 2011
"WE ARE NOT FUCKING PUPPY DOGS!!!"
Sep 18, 2011
True death for you too!
Here are my answers -

I hope Tara is dead and will stay dead. I'm tired of her character. It is time for new faces to come.

I definitely liked the whole Eric-Bill-Sookie thing. I liked how both of them stopped fighting with each other and actually they started to work together. I don't want TB to become some sort of soap opera, where Sookie and her first love Bill will live happily ever after - most of the time this could never happen in real life. I guess it's not gonna be like that here too. I think Sookie will be with Alcide next season.

About Hoyt - i want him dead. He is such a cry-baby. Next season i think he will forgive Jason and Jess (or I hope he will die saving them from the bad).

About Russel - I think his werewolf pack saved him, as he promissed Eric and Bill at season 3 - finale. I don't know what it has to do with Steve Newlin, but I like how Alan Ball decided to bring back some faces from past seasons (Arlene's dead husband from S1, Steve Newlin from S2 and Russel). I hope all this will have something to do with Terry's friend. And I really hope all of the cast will be involved in a storyline (no matter what it would be).

I liked how Sookie blowed Debbie's head off.

Next season maybe will be Eric&Bill's crew (Jessica, Sookie, maybe some people like Jason, witches, were-things like Sam and Alcide) vs. Russel's crew (his werewolves pack, Steve Newlin...).

I'm wondering about Pam which side she will choose - how much exactly she hates Sookie or it's just some jealous. What is the possibility she could be the one who saved Russel. But I don't think she will stand against her maker...but who knows - maybe Alan Ball want's to kill her character. Because if she stands against Eric, he will murder her for sure.

Load More Comments