Truth: ABC Family Cancels The Lying Game

There will be no more of The Lying Game, according to one of the show's stars. Alexandra Chando, who plays twins Sutton and Emma on the ABC Family drama, announced the show's cancellation via Twitter and Instagram this morning. The news was first reported (to my knowledge) by TV Line.

The Lying Game finished its second season in mid-March. The series was far from wrapped up, with a bunch of people freaking out after the murder of one of the main characters via blunt weapons to the head and a dump in the pool. Sheesh, I thought this show was all sweet and carefree!

And of course we can't talk about ABC Family and renewals and cancellations without mentioning Bunheads and the news there is that there's still is no news. Hey ABC Family! Flip a coin or something, the wait is even worse.

Will you miss The Lying Game?

I just finished watching the last episode of the lying game, I can't even describe how angry I am that there isn't a another season coming out, I just want answers!!! Please please please bring this show back, pretty please
PLEASEEEEE Bring back the Lying Game ! It is not fair you can not leave us hanging ! I loved this Sow
Sorry to say this but abc family always does this and keeps the crappy shows Kyle XY was a awesome show and they left that on a cliffhanger
Bring back the lying game!!!!!
this is total bs it's an amazing show I know ABC don't care what we think like what sammystokke said but come on put a little bit of effort into it and on Netflix it ends with only 10 epsiods ?? idk what's that is about 1st sesion was 20 but yea The Lying Games is way better than The Fosters I watch it trust me and Switched At Birth Cansel both of those for all I care The Lying Games is the best series I've watched in a while and I just started it a while a go but knowing their ant no 3rd sesion is bs
There are so many people commenting that they want the show back and I bet there are sooo many more people that are not commenting on here because they think that there is no point because ABC family doesn't care about what there viewers have to say about what they want to watch... They know that people will watch anything that is put in front of them and will do anything to show that they are in charge of what we watch... Well I say they need to start to listen to the people because we can make it so that they don't have a TV station anymore... BRING BACK the lying game so that people can know what happened to the secrets and who the murder is...
You cannot just end an amazing show on a unanswered note like that and expect us to be okay with it! I mean there are so many questions that are left stirring in all of our minds, is alec dead?, is ted going to end up telling kristen?, is thayer the murderer? and is the secret of the twins going to get out?. It should be our decision as the viewers as to whether it stays or goes, not the networks.

They have before they cancelled Kyle XY that was an awesome show and they left it on a cliffhanger
I'm sorry but, how on earth could they end the show? Especially on that note and with so many unanswered questions like ***SPOILERS*** Is Alec dead? Is Thayer the murderer? Will Ted end up telling Kirsten ( im sorry not completely sure how to spell it )? Like seriously? Please bring this show back! For at least one more season!
This show needs to be brought back!
Just finished watching all 30 episodes on Netflix thinking there would be an ending where all loose ends are finally tied up. Not so and now I'm fuming. How can they cancel a series without a proper ending. Bring back the Lying Games!!!! Oh, and I should say that I'm 67 years old and I loved these characters.
Need to bring it back
they so need to bring this back i want to know will happen next! come Abc please bring it back!
Bring back the lying games we all need to know what happens to the killer this is so unfair
Bring back The Lying Game!!!!!!!!!!!!! That show was so good and intriguing. You leave me wondering what happened. This is so unfair. ABC family is one of my favorite networks but this is ridiculous 😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤
This is so irritating! Twisted was the best, and it may be cancelled,hasn't been renewed for sure. The lying Game is good. Both shows leave u wondering about so much. Yet they renew stuf like switched at birth!! I have tried and tried to watched that because the story plot sounds really good, but it's unbearable. They made a mess of it. The show isn't that great yet they keep it. Smh @ abc. I wish Netflix would bring them on as their shows.
Bring back the show so much better then bunheads or switched at birth. Always cancelling the good shows n keep the ones that suck
They should've at least did one more season, to give us closer! It's a very good show!
This show was good my wife and I loved it . It needs to get picked up by another network !!!
They are stupid for canceling it!
BRING BACK THE LYING GAME
Cancellation of The Lying Game is straight fooler. This makes no sense. Why end a great show ending like this? It's the worst way to end anything. I guess we have to amagine our own ending. How rude...
Bring back the lying game!!
Damn it!!!! I just finished watching it on netflix and it had me hooked. I wish I looked this up before I watched it. :( now i'm bummed. Stop cancelling great shows!
This is very sad that they would start a great show and not even end it. I hope they re-think this and do the right thing. finish what you started.
They need to bring it back! I love the lying game...So disappointed
I was surfing through Netflix and decided to watch the pilot. Needless to say, I was hooked and watched the entire two seasons within a week. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show. It's filled with tons of drama, mystery and suspence. Not to mention the eye candy (Ethan, soo hot) It's too bad the show was cancelled.
Pls bring it back I love the show.
Are you kidding me???? They better have an extremely good explanation for this!!!!
They have a petition to bring the show back.
replace her.......
Will miss it. One of my favorite.
It was a good show that I liked. It was was definitely better than any of the newer hour long shows abc family had been putting on and even a couple that are even playing a while. I hate when abc family brings a good series in and they take it away after a couple seasons. They did it with Kyle xy and a few others. If you are going to cancel the show, finish the series by cutting it short. Make season 3 and create an ending that works.
I loved Kyle XY !!!!
I heard netflix might pick up this show if there is enough interest! if you get Netflix online, watch the series and rate it! Also sign this petition! Supposedly that will help!
I saw a lot of people on here interested in keeping the Lying Game on air. I thought the show had a slow start for me personally (due to the acting mostly) but the twists got me hooked! Sign the petition! it might make a difference who knows! http://www.change.org/petitions/abc-family-bring-back-the-lying-game?share_id=aGxMRBwBnq&utm_campaign=share_button_mobile&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition
i hate when these stupid networks start taking off well known and good tv shows to replace it with crap. i have had to many great shows canceled i hope enough people complain and they restart it...
It's amazing the lack of respect that some TV stations have with their viewers!
For the first time in my life, this is the teen series family that really stuck me in front of the TV with a history rich in romance, suspense, comedy, whatever ... a series of complete success in every way.
And now, viewers of the series stand toe sucking wondering what the end of it, is absolutely ridiculous.
I would be very happy if another station bought the rights to the series and an ending that actually the same due to its huge success.
I hope there is a twist in this whole predicament.
Congratulations to the creators and producers of the series!
We look forward to the return and the end of the series "The Lying Game"!
We Brazilians fell in love with "The Lying Game".
this is the worst news ever at least we still got switched at birth though
Why abc cancel pretty little liars instead that show got is boring now also twisted is meh what is with these companies canceling the best shows
Like mtv canceling skins and they keep those stupid teen mom and 16 and pregnant bullshit
So mad this show got cancelled! I have been waiting for it to come back on. I don't think I've ever been so into a show! That was definitely one of the best shows ever on ABC family. I need to know what happens! How can they leave us hanging like that? It isn't right.
okay what is up with abc family lately they have been getting rid of all the good shows and keeping the ones that are only so-so if you don't plan on renewing it don't leave it with a huge cliffhanger
I loved that show I watched it from the very beginning and I cant believe that they cancelled the lying game it was the best show on abc family along with the secret life of an American teenager and now the fosters and twisted and I don't like vineyard and I lost interest in pretty little liars and ravenswood looks like that it is going to be good but not the same as the lying game
I can't believe the show is being cancelled. I believe on of the reason why the show has such low ratings is because it took so long, I believe it was about a year, for the second season to come on! So thus, more than likely, people picked up on other shows and forgot about this one. However, with the cliffhanger at the end, you guys can't just leave us fans hanging like that. I mean come on, the show had a great story lines, decent actors, and tons of heart-pounding action and drama! i also heard that the producer of the show is now the executive producer of Twisted, which is not a bad show, it is just not as good as the Lying Game. Also shows like the Vineyard, Ravenswood, and even the Fosters, although slightly entertained, have way less drama and actually, believable conflict as the Maury/Jerry Springer mix the Lying Game brought. Also the show never really did a good job of explaining what the lying games were that Sutton played on her friends and other classmates...definitely potential for a third season. The fact that it often came on the same day as Pretty Little Liars, was also a great way for people to get into the show, but as I previously mentioned, it took waaaay to long for a second season to air. I mean Teresa is killed before the wedding, the secret of the twins is out, a little Sutton/Emma/Ethan/Thar incest love rectangle, what the heck is up with crazy rebecca and her obsession with ted, Alec falling through a roof, Alec and Laurel's mom getting together, all the making for a great season...Hey if anyone sees this, Netflix will continue the show as long as people voice their opinions and concerns about wanting the show back!

I'm too mad to read this whole article so I'm not sure if you canceled the show due to low views. The reason being for low views is because half of the people in Canada had to watch it online because people that have cable don't have access to the ABC Spark. I know this because most of the girls in my class loved the show and we could never watch it on television was because our class schedule conflicted with the show. This was one of my favorite shows and I can't believe it has been canceled especially after such a cliff hanger of a season finale. We were left with more questions than answers. I guess in a way I can be thankful because now I can keep up with my other shows.
This show was brilliant and had so many questions still to be answered and the truth to come out, at least pick it up or one more season and round it all off. Why do that to your viewers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think u have made a huge mistake cancelling this show it a little bit of something. For everyone and had a good story line that was easy to follow but not easy enough for u to figure it out you should bring it back
ABC family, Im sorry but I am seriously pissed at you, I will not do anything but trash your network until you put on a tv show and NOT cancel it. This show inspires me to be myself, not what others want me to be, and I could relate to alot of what was going on, but seriously, why would you take an amazing show off the network that tons of teens and fans were falling for. This show was one of the best. I don't understand why you can keep Pretty Little Liars on for so long, but can't keep The Lying Game on. You would think it would be easier to keep it going considering there is really 2 main people on it instead of like 6. I love it soooo much and miss it like hell, so I am begging you to pleaseeeee bring it back. Much appreciated Amber from Missouri.
WTH Bad move!!!!! Beats Secret Life by a long shot. One of the best shows ABC Family plays! Stupids!!!!!!
Way to go ABC Family! It's the ONLY show of yours that watched. (Now and then I'll watch Pretty Little Liars if Lindsey Shaw appears in the episode.) You didn't have to be a tweener or teenager to enjoy TLG. It had interesting and easily identifiable characters, a storyline that was as fascinating as it was provocative and the plot kept moving forward with something new introduced every week. I could hardly wait for the next episode. My biggest gripe is that the season ended with a cliffhanger (somebody 'crashed' the dinner party) and far too many unanswered mysteries. Why must these shows end their seasons with cliffhangers before a new season has been approved? It's a pathetic ploy that should have been retired with those ancient Saturday matinee serials. It's as if the writers didn't have a clue as to how to tie up the loose ends of a story that they got tangled up in. Is concluding a season on a positive note such a bad thing? If a show is going to get canceled or its renewal is in limbo a cliffhanger sure isn't going to help the negotiation process. Most of the time those TV execs don't watch the shows they supervise anyway! They're usually too high strung to sit still and enjoy something that isn't about new ways to make a buck or how to fill a time slot. They didn't get to be where they are by being couch potatoes and wasting their valuable time viewing television, am I right? They rely on third party feedback and bottom line profit margins. It doesn't matter if the show is rising in the ratings or slipping. If it doesn't fair well on the accounting department's books it's unlikely that it'll survive the ax. Therefore, they are less inclined to green light another season if that series seems unable to conclude the previous season.
GRRR> THE SHOW MUST GO ON