What to watch on Tuesday, June 10...
SEASON 5 PREMIERE, 8pm, ABC Family
Pretty Little Liars
“EscApe From New York” finds the Liars teaming with eyepatch-sporting professional badass Snake Plissken to… hang on, no, that’s not right. Oh, okay, the Liars team with the notorious escape artist/silverback gorilla known as the EscApe to… wrong again, huh? Wait, got it. The Liars regroup in the wake of Ezra’s shooting, with Aria standing guard at the hospital in case A tries to finish the job, and the rest of the gang devising a trap to draw out their adversary. Knew I’d get there eventually.
SERIES PREMIERE, 9pm, ABC Family
Young aspiring journalist April navigates a bracing new reality in the wake of her cancer diagnosis in this new drama. In the pilot, April’s life-changing news comes on the heels of a chance to impress her editor and the blossoming of her relationship with a coworker.
SEASON 6 PREMIERE, 9pm, USA
Evan has a cunning plan to keep Hank in the Hamptons, and I’m guessing it’s slightly more elaborate than “remind him he’s under contract with NBCUniversal Television.” Elsewhere in “Smoke and Mirrors,” Divya learns the ropes of being a mom, and an enigmatic partygoer drops a bombshell on the Lawson family.
Emma assembles a crack team to baby-proof Maggie’s house in “37 Weeks.” But the plans go awry when a few skeletons come tumbling out of the proverbial closet.
In “A Fox, a Rabbit and a Cabbage,” Molly pursues a lead down an old path while Malvo walks a new one. Meanwhile, Lester has a surprising encounter, and What to Watch Tonight formally protests the episode title’s disregard of the Oxford comma.
In “My Personal Statement,” Jenna and Tamara grapple with the possibility that their paths will lead them apart, though as characters on a high school show, they can probably rest assured the universe will jump through all sorts of hoops to keep them together post-graduation. In the here and now, Eva schemes to make sure Jenna and Matty stay on the outs.
At Farrah and Bruce’s wedding, Karma keeps her relationship with Liam under wraps. Meanwhile in “Burnt Toast,” Amy continues to be flummoxed by her feelings for her BFF.
– Cobie Smulders, Jenny Slate, and Ian Edwards on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Channing Tatum on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Sebastian Junger on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– John Waters on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Jim Carrey & Jeff Daniels, Taylor Schilling, and Ed Sheeran on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, 11:35pm, NBC
– Dave Chapelle, Laura Prepon, The Orwells, and a Top Ten List from Miss USA on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35pm, CBS
– Charlie Rose & Gayle King, Aidy Bryant, and Linda Fairstein.on Late Night with Seth Meyers, 12:35pm, NBC
– Megan Mullally and T.J. Miller on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS
WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?