What to watch on Wednesday, June 4...
2014 Stanley Cup Finals
The Los Angeles Kings host the New York Rangers at the Staples Center in Game 1 of the National Hockey League's championship series.
The 2014 CMT Music Awards
Kristen Bell takes her third turn as host of the festivities, airing live from Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena. Dierks Bentley, Lady Antebellum, Kacey Musgraves, and Keith Urban are among the slated performers.
8pm, ABC Family
Melissa & Joey
Calamities beset Mel and Joe’s wedding weekend in “You’re the One That I Want,” because they live in a sitcom. Among the wacky mishaps: an injury during Joe’s bachelor party, a faux pas involving Mel’s dress, a smooth operator making a pass at Lennox, and the disappearance of Mel’s dad.
8:30pm, ABC Family
Bonnie sells Ben’s foosball table in “Foos It or Lose It,” not realizing that Ben treated that table much the way the Bluth family treated their banana stand. While Ben and Tucker scheme to recover the lost loot, Riley discovers that Danny’s girlfriend is the duplicitous sort, but hesitates to break the news to him.
9pm, The CW
Clarke and Finn clash with a shiny new foe, because they didn’t have enough of those on their plate already. Elsewhere in “We Are Grounders, Part 1,” Bellamy lays everything on the line to rescue Jasper, Murphy exacts revenge, and Raven confronts a new threat.
Tyler Perry’s For Better or Worse
In “Who’s My Daddy, Part 1,” Keisha and Richard come clean about Marcus not being Dominique’s dad. Naturally, Dominique overhears this, in accordance with TV Law #4568 re: the divulging of sensitive secrets.
Through the Wormhole With Morgan Freeman
“Is Poverty Genetic?” explores the potential causes, both internal and external, that may contribute to the circumstances of the underprivileged.
Tensions rise between Flynn and Sgt. Cross in “Overboard,” even as she and Vega probe the suspicious death of a socialite who drowned following a yacht party. See, this is why I always have a phalanx of rescue choppers standing by whenever I throw my yacht parties. Safety first, people.
10pm, TV Land
Hot in Cleveland
“Bad George Clooney” finds the titular pup in something of a funk. So the ladies take him to a famed pet therapist, who faults them for the doggy’s doldrums.
SERIES PREMIERE, 10:30pm, TV Land
TV Land strays from its tried-and-true model of assembling new multi-cam sitcoms by casting stars from ‘80s and ‘90s multi-cam sitcoms, this time assembling a new single-camera sitcom from some stars of ‘00s single-camera sitcoms. Specifically, Jaime Pressly as an investment banker who loses her cushy gig and must move in with her mother, Jessica Walter, and take a job at the sports bar owned by her brother (and former My Name Is Earl co-star), Ethan Suplee.
– Emily Blunt, Brent Morin, and Bob Mould on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Miranda Lambert on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Journalist Gigi Ibrahim on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Jonah Hill on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Tom Cruise, Kendall & Kylie Jenner, and Chrissie Hynde on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, 11:35pm, NBC
– Arsenio Hall, jockey Victor Espinoza, and the Afghan Whigs on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35pm, CBS
– Shailene Woodley, Aasif Mandvi, and Iggy Azalea on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 11:35pm, ABC
– Dan Bakkedahl and Demi Lovato on Late Night with Seth Meyers, 12:35pm, NBC
– Susan Sarandon and Garrison Keillor on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS