Scour the Internet and you'll find a bunch of the same top 10 lists out there: Top Ten Shows, Top Ten Actors, Top Ten Reality Moments, and so forth. We decided to wrap up 2008 with a little more fun than the typical list gives.
In this gargantuan Top 100 list, we go a little out of the box by looking at specific elements of television--both on-screen and off-screen--that we thought were the most memorable this year. We'll put up 10 more each weekday through January 2nd, so be sure to check the site often. Until next year, Happy Holidays!
100. Horatio Caine's sunglassesWe're still not sick of the "Sunglasses of Justice" from CSI Miami, the only piece of apparel to make the list and with good reason. As Horatio's trademark, the Silhouette Titanium Model 8568 helps the crime lab supervisor catch criminals…especially the ones that are…shady. (cue the Who!)
99. Cappie from GreekLike most fans of Greek, we're rooting for Cappie in ABC Family's best love triangle (although the way people get between the covers in the show, it may be a love octagon by now). Smart, laid-backed, and funny, Cappie's the non-frat fratboy that you may not mind dating your sister/daughter/grandmother/pet chihuahua.
98. The blonde-ness of The Girls Next DoorWe watch this guilty pleasure for the articles, but it's hard to ignore the near-platinum trio of Hef's ladies. They can be catty, attention whores, and magnets for trouble, but they always entertain and make us glad we don't have to live at the Playboy Mansion... wait a sec.
97. Lostpedia.comThe go-to source for all your Lost needs, Lostpedia helps us make sense of what we just watched and catches us up on the little details we missed. If it happens in the Lost universe, it's there. Get extensive background information on Vincent the dog, but beware of spoilers!
96. Michael and Holly's relationship in The OfficeFinding a perfect mate for Michael Scott is like finding a nugget of Battlestar Galactica trivia that Dwight doesn't know--damn near impossible. But Holly (Amy Ryan) and Michael were a great fit, and became the relationship to root for (sorry, we're sick of Jim and Pam!). Here's hoping Holly comes back.
95. "I'm Chuck Bass"As Gossip Girl's resident evil bastard, Chuck Bass is devilishly fun to watch. But his calling card is his "I'm Chuck Bass" line; the delivery of that pompous proclamation always stops us in our tracks. How do you respond to that?
94. Captain Hammer from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-BlogNathan Fillion "nails" this performance as the nemesis to Dr. Horrible. Cocky, naive, and not the sharpest tool, Hammer is absolutely hilarious in Joss Whedon's Web-based project--and that singing voice ain't too shabby either.
93. Showtime On-DemandOh Showtime, you serve us well. With programs like The Tudors, Weeds, Dexter, and Californication at our fingertips whenever we want, you really make us the couch potatoes we are.
92. The ridiculous Darlings of Dirty Sexy MoneyIt's hard to pick a favorite Darling (the filthy rich clan at the center of the waaaaayyy over-the-top Dirty Sexy Money), because they're all so delightfully delicious in their own way. Ditzy Karen makes us absent-minded with her eyes, political Patrick's devotion to his transgender lover is eye-popping, and Brian's fits of rage are hysterical. A television family rich in wealth and, more importantly, eccentricities.
91. The opening credits of ChuckBoth slick and cartoonish, the opening credits of NBC's Chuck (video here) capture the show's tone masterfully and start it out on the right foot. And could there be a better musical match than Cake?
Check out more TV.com lists here, and be sure to check back tomorrow for numbers 81-90!