TV.com's Swell-o-vision vs. Hell-o-vision (January 29)

Here's what we loved and hated on TV this week:

Awesome:

Jimmy Kimmel's response to Jay Leno playing the victim on Oprah
“You know at one time [Jay] was a comedian.” That's gotta sting.

The prospect of Becki Newton and Enver Gjokaj on the same show
Now that Dollhouse is over and Ugly Betty is ending, we're hoping Newton and Gjokaj will get to work together.

The sniper on Heroes
It's about time the show's writers got rid of some extra characters. Shoot away, mystery man!

The dialogue on Archer
German guy on laptop screen: What is the frequency?
Archer: Kenneth?

Conan O'Brien's last broadcast of The Tonight Show
O'Brien ended his brief tenure on The Tonight Show by playing guitar during a Will Ferrell rendition of "Free Bird."

NPH being catty on Idol
Way to give Simon what for!

Atrocious:

The announcement of Flash Forward "Volume 1" on DVD
Seriously? Would you pay $30 for 10 episodes of a mediocre show halfway through its first season? No amount of DVD extras could make this purchase worth it.

The first four minutes of the Lost premiere leaked online
Dear internet: Show some respect!

Kimber's non-event suicide on Nip/Tuck
She's been on the show since the first episode and TV.com gave her death more coverage than the show did.

NPH being catty on Idol
Watching our beloved NPH be cruel kind of made our hearts hurt.

What did you think was awesome on TV this week? What did you think was atrocious?

Wow, so Neil Patrick Harris was being, gasp, mean and, even more gasp, truthful on TV (fake tear)?! That's AWESOME.
Some of my favorite shows are The Mentalist and Castle, but I can't say I find them awesome. I quit watching Idol last year when they added a fourth judge. I would say the superbowl commercials are atrocious. Now I know why I don't watch commercials anymore.
I have to agree with MightyMad. I'm finding more and more that TV.com's writers can be pretty clueless when it comes to the specifics of the shows they are commenting on. Don't just put write stuff to get content on the site -- make sure you know what you're writing about. The Dollhouse finale a bit disappointing, but at least they got to wrap things up. I thought that with a smaller budget on Heroes that they would work harder on the scripts and character development. I guess I was wrong. The whole show is just falling apart and probably should be put to rest. In fact, NBC as a whole just isn't what it was (or could be). Shows that are working for me right now include White Collar, NCIS and NCIS: LA. I'd like to see CSI (Vegas) pick up a bit. CSI NY is dragging this season with some really lousy writing. We need some better comedy. I can only do so much 30 Rock and Simpsons. SyFy needs to pick up another run of Outerspace Astronauts -- that's an original and fun show. I'm liking Human Target as a new show, but it's not going to make it if they keep bouncing it around time slots. Leverage keeps going downhill, but last week's show was better. Caprica is pretty dull and just plain weird so far. I hope it picks up the pace. I'm still trying to figure out if Chuck is going to work out. It may have been better to leave it at last season's finale. I'm looking forward to the return of V, Flash Forward and hoping that Eureka picks back up in quality. I'm also craving more Stargate Universe. That's it for me right now :)
Paula Abdul was easier on the eyes than NPH. Miss her.
Becki Newton and Enver Gjokaj on the same show! *heaven*
Beck was a member, I could have sworn I saw Elvis Costello, and who could not be pleased that the cowbell came out to help out the song.
The sniper on Heroes - "Shoot away, mystery man!"... that was Eli, Samuel's right hand man who can duplicate himself.
The dialogue on Archer - "German guy on laptop screen"... that's actually the same Russian general that had phone sex with Archer's mom on the pilot.
You would think people who wrote about TV shows would actually watch them, but evidently it's not part of the job description...
I have turbo willpower when it comes to LOST spoilers after the first two seasons of LOST really held no surprises for me because they were so abundant on message boards and article titles. So yeah I can handle the first 4 minutes being leaked online, because I simply won't watching it. I can totally hold my wad until Tuesday. I was a little annoyed Human Target was on Tuesday at the same time LOST was this week which lead to me missing the first hour of "The Incident". I liked Eli going on a shooting spree and framing Noah for it on Heroes, but I was upset the only character that died was Lydia (why is it all the cool ones get killed off?). Also happy Peter's remembered how useful Sylar can be if he has the right motivation AND I was happy Ali Larter came back, even if it was for only a split second. I also enjoyed the Bishop family history being explored on Fringe, as well as David Letterman (who i never watch) completely ripping NBC for the first half hour of his show Thursday night.
Conan's goodbye was classy. He could have ripped on NBC, but he only thanked them for giving him a great experience. The song was fun. I wish I knew who all the musicians were. I'm sure there were some big names. The guy from ZZ Top, of course, and Ben Harper. I'm not sure who else.
I'm trying so hard to resist looking for that 4 minute lost leak. I promised myself that I wouldn't get too spoiled since it is the final season but then again I want to know what happened when Juliet set of the bom.... Arg so haard! Must... wait... 3 more days...
chill out none of your bad stuff was that bad
omg ppl settle down, its not even that big of a scene, they dont crash, thats it, every1 knew that they wernt gonna crash geez
Leaking Lost was NOT a good idea, I waited the 8 LONGEST MONTHS OF MY LIFE for season 6......I WOULD HAVE WAITED ANOTHER WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with the Kimber debacle and the Heroes sniper scene was pretty well done.