TV.com's Swell-o-vision vs. Hell-o-vision (June 24)

Here's what we thought was out of sight and just not right on television this week...

Swell:

... Sunny with a 75 percent chance of Hanks
A-Lister Tom Hanks was promoting something on a Spanish-language news show, and things got muy caliente for the good sport.

... The Lisa Simpson Book Club Tumblr
This site nerds out over TV's biggest nerd's nerdiest of nerd activities.

... Jon Benjamin Has a Van has a kick-ass comedy guest list
We know we were dissing on it last week, but this week's episode of Comedy Central's bizarre new show featured tons of awesome guest stars: Tim & Eric, The Mighty Boosh's Rich Fulcher, SNL's Chris Parnell and Upright Citizens Brigade's Ian Roberts. Comedy nerd-VANA.

... The final scene of Game of Thrones' first season
The book geeks had lofty expectations for this last scene, and HBO met exceeded them. Absolutely stunning! (Spoilery picture right here.)

... Comedy Central cancels SportsDome
An excellent decision to off this hardly funny show about sports.

Hell:

... Comedy Central cancels Sports Show with Norm MacDonald
A horrible decision to off this very funny show about sports!

... That weird Gatorade infomercial in the middle of Thursday's SYTYCD
Something tells us that a dancer in peak physical condition probably doesn't need to be ingesting multicolored sugar-garbage.

... Poor Photoshop skills on MasterChef
"I have seen a great number of poorly Photoshopped images in my time as a photographer and I can tell by the pixels that it is a fake."

... Completely forgettable new USA series Suits
Holy crap, what a bore.

... The finale of The Killing

What made your list of TV loves and hates this week?

awww c'mon! Suits isn't that bad. It's good bad tv. You don't have to get too invested into it and it's fun to watch. Although, I'm digging Franklin & Bash as well.
I used to like Tom Hanks, but every since he threw a hissy fit because Ricky Gervais poked fun at his pal Tim Allen Ive lost a lot of respect for him. Which is especially sad considering he used to do comedy. Did he forget that he got his big break dressing in womens clothes???????? Where did lose his sense of humor?
The Killing's finale was ridiculous!!!!!! I don't understand why they even renewed the show for a 2nd season.. They just screwed Billy C.'s chances and possibly got him killed. That cop Holder's dirty, never trusted him and never liked his partnership with the world's 2 worst mother on the show Linden. Mitch left her family 2 late, she should have left earlier. It just sucked!!!!!! Now Linden decides to catch a flight to what go to the fiance who she really doesn't want to marry just in time to realize that she has the wrong man in custody, get real. Leave that man alone and send the son that you never see to his father and be done with it. This show needs to end.
I don't think Suits was THAT bad. Sure, it wasn't "epic", but it was at least somewhat amusing - ok, you know what; that's pretty much the definition of "forgettable". :/

I'll still give it another couple of eps, though.
I, too, was sorry to hear that Norm's show was cancelled. I'll have to catch his nephew, Kyle, on Youtube.
Tom Hanks...what the hell? :o
First time I see something with him that leaves me thinking "!nicely done mate!"
And as a fan of the original show, The Killing was such a let down to me
I guess it's true what they say Always dome hard and dome strong, because you never know when someone's gonna try to take it away.
Nooo! They cancelled sportsdome!? that show was hilarious even though I have no idea about anything they are referring to in American sport as I'm in the UK.
Honestly I don't understand how anyone got into The Killing to begin with. I didn't make it through the first episode. It was just trying way to hard and didn't feel organic at all.
The ending of Treme's 'What is New Orleans'. HARLEYYY
And agreed, colbert this week was a bit unwatchable! Not even a grin!!!!!
Sportsdome beats Norm hands down! Onion is so damn funny and sportsdome was a riot!!!
what were you watching????????
Both the season finales of The Killing and Game of Thrones are on my Swell list.
The Killing is so boring.
Swell:
John Noble won the Critic's Choice TV Award for best supporting actor for Fringe on Monday.
Fringe won best show, Anna Torv best actress and John Noble again for best supporting actor at the Saturn Awards on Thursday.
Fringe Rocks!
@KevinG87 "The Walking Dead is the only good show on AMC". Have you ever seen Breaking Bad ?
Hell: Chelsea Handler Makes Fun Of Serbia... Not Funny At All...
Jon Stewart's interview with Cameron Diaz was hard to watch. Why would anyone think watching closeups of someone's stitches removed would be entertaining? Also, The Cobert Report, with only one topical bit at the top of the show and rest focusing on music, almost felt like the writers were on vacation this week. Musical acts is not what I watch that show for.
I didn't hate Suits. I thought it was a bit forgettable too, but I still watched the entire thing, so I don't really think it constitutes a place on the hell-list of an entire week ;)
Game of Thrones was the best episode of TV probably ever. not going to lie, i had such high hopes for Camelot and very low ones for Game of Thrones and in the end they were completely reversed. GOT might be one of the best TV shows in history. and i actually liked Suits, better than half the crap on TV now. it just needs to find it's own and hopefully won't repeat the same formula each episode: brilliant guy pretends to be lawyer but ends up being a better lawyer than those who went to college for it. that will be the downfall. also thought The Killing would be crap so i never bothered. it was never billed as a mini-series as far as i saw, so of course they wouldn't tell who the killer is, what would be the point in a tv show then? they canceled Rubicon, which iagree has it'd faults but the finale was where it started getting interesting. The Walking Dead is the only good show on AMC. also didn't watch Sports Show so i don't care if it's canceled. not a fan of sports of Norm lol only thing on Comedy Central i care about is Tosh.0 and Futurama. actually mar-q, shows get canceled because networks believe in ridiculous things like ratings, which are 100% unreliable and 100% not 100% lol.
Lovin' Futurama's Return and Hatin' that Breaking Bad win't come sooner.
A number of critics have been "tearing the Killing to shreds" for a number of weeks now. I don't really agree with it, really it seems every wannabe critic with his own blog is jumping on the bandwagon of hate, and the criticism is usually pretty piss-poor. The finale had some out-of-nowhere twists which I liked. The main reason people are angry is that the killer wasn't revealed. Beyond that, it was a great finale...so really the hate is over one plot detail, which is stupid. Stop whining or just don't watch it, really. They're wrapping up the story in the beginning of next season and starting a new case...not that hard to deal with.
I have no interest in sports but that Norm show was hilarious. I'll miss his nephew Kyle.
I enjoyed the first season of The Killing but that ending was terrible. I have no problem with cliffhanger endings but all along they made it seem like the case would be closed this season and even in the commercials for the finale you hear Linden say "You're under arrest for the murder of Rosie Larsen" making it seem like it would be solved. The show had a good first season but it did get slow at times especially with the episode about Linden's son missing which I was fine with because I thought they were saving the big stuff for the final few episodes now they are going to do another 13 episodes on the same case. It just felt like the Rosie Larsen case had run it's course and it was time for them to wrap it up and start a new case next season but instead they are going to drag it out for at least another 13 episodes.
Dragons ...
The reason I was so disappointed/discontent with The Killing is it totally reneged on its promises. I think we all went into the show with the expectation that this was a "mini-series" where after 13 episodes the question of who killed Rosie would be resolved. That's how the original worked, and that's how AMC promoted it. I would never have started watching if I knew it was all one overly dramatic cliff-hanger.
Yeah I actually liked The Killing finale and I thought it was a great cliffhanger to lead into a second season.
"Critics ripped it to shreds. Fans tweeted their discontent. And we still don't know who killed Rosie Larsen. Judging from the widespread backlash, Season 2 might be about who killed The Killing producer Veena Sud. There would be no shortage of suspects." - This is absolute crap and I'm getting sick of it! This is exactly why good shows get cancelled because people are freaking morons! Everyone acts like they won't care if it gets cancelled, but I guarantee that the majority of those who are negative about the show will watch season 2. It's not that they don't like the show (and finale), it 's that they're a bunch of whiny babies who can't handle waiting a few months for a cliffhanger to be resolved! Grow up! If the Killing gets cancelled I am gonna freak.