Watch Extended Trailers for Arrow, Beauty and the Beast, and Emily Owens, M.D. (VIDEO)

New shows mean new trailers! Now that you've seen the short teases released last month, it's time to dip into some lengthier looks at a trio of new shows headed to The CW's schedule next fall. Today the network released videos for Arrow, the superhero saga that might fill the void left by Smallville; Emily Owens, M.D., a lighthearted medical dramedy starring Mamie Gummer; and Beauty and the Beast, TV's latest take on the classic tale.

First up, Arrow!

I've heard that this is good, but... I ain't feeling it. It just looks like more of what we've seen already: Superhero Origin Story No. 1,257 on a CW budget. Plus I've never really dug The Green Arrow as a viable character for his own show. But because Arrow is The CW's most high-profile new series, the network is going to push this one hard.

And on the complete opposite side of the spectrum, Emily Owens, M.D., featuring the guy who last played The Green Arrow.

I think I'm the only person who thinks this series actually looks like it might be okay! Not that it won't be predictable, but I dig the high-school dynamic grafted onto adult life. This is one of those shows that no one expects anything from, so it could surprise people... or be exactly what they think it will be. It can only go up!

And we've saved the meh-st for last, here's Beauty and the Beast!

I mean, come on.

I'll be posting previews of these three shows (yes, even Beauty and the Beast), and all the other pilots of the 2012-2013 season, later this summer. Stay tuned!

Are you looking forward to any or all of the three shows trailer'd above?

Follow TV.com writer Tim Surette on Twitter: @TimAtTVDotCom

I'm only interested in Arrow and B&B.

I think Arrow will on the station for years to come.

As someone who did watch the original B&B, I welcome this change and am rooting for it to be good, even if I have reservations with Kruek's acting.
All you people saying that Beauty and the Beast will suck cause its not like the 80's version just shut up. They are giving the show a new image to appeal to a different audience. An audience of 2012, not an audience from the 80's. I tried watching an episode of the original and couldn't get passed the first 2 minutes. So just calm down and give it a chance. They have to change it up a little its not gonna be the same all around. In my opinion this show looks good.
Also remember that Revenge and Once Upon a Time were apparently going to be bad based on what people were saying, and they turned out to be major hits and did really well.

Check out the trailer for Beauty and the Beast here! ^^
They meaning Arrow and Emily Jones M.d look good don't know about Beauty and the beast video removed..
like Arthur replied I am shocked that a student able to earn $9035 in four weeks on the internet. have you seen this web link NuttyRich.com
Arrow is going to be amazing. B&B looks descent.
I guess someone else decided they were dissatisfied with Beauty and the Beast. The preview video has now been "removed by the user".
emily owns seems a little to much like a remake on grey's anatomy
"Emily Owens, M.D." might, MIGHT, be worth giving a chance. At least the trailer didn't make me grimace.

As for the other two train wrecks?? No. I would sooner tune in for a Jersey Shore marathon.
Beauty and the Beast! lol with The CW its more like The Beauty and the Beauty.
I like Emily Owens already.

Arrow honestly to me feels pointless. Gimme a break your lost for a couple of years and now you feel the need to wear a costume and prance around righting the wrongs of the world. yeah right > Am not gonna be bothering with that.
Oh man, Arrow looks so boring and awful, so very much lesser-than. Everything about that trailer felt off-note and cheap, and worst of all, DULL. Make that go away.
Emily Owens, M.D. looks like a complete copy of Grey's Anatomy.
In watching the trailer for Arrow, I can't help but notice how boring the character seems compared to Hartley's fantastic portrayal. All right, I get it you want the character to be brooding; well that doesn't mean he can't have a personality does it? Hartley not only played GA with one but could go from slick to broodingly suicidal...and the CW didn't act on a spinoff the entire time...what a mistake! Not only that but Hartley's costume was much more like batman's tech saavy one...it was if bruce wayne had revamped the unibomber's...it was great. This outfit looks like it was stolen from an 11th century monk. Finally, not that it really matters but why do they seem to be only referring to him as Arrow and not Green Arrow and Star City as Starling CIty? Emily Owens looks like Grey's Anatomy Jr., which I think means it might actually be successful.
they should have named it awk doc instead, i couldnt even watch more than a minute of that trailer ugh
I see what you mean about Arrow seeming generic and I don't think the lead can carry the show, but I'll still check it out to see what the final cut looks like. Will definitely watch Emily Owens, M.D. It's like Awkward Scrubs Anatomy. Plus Mammie Gummer is awesome. Definitely her mother's daughter. I really like Kristen Kreuk, but I don't have high hopes for Beauty and the Beast, although this extended look is (slightly) better that the first trailer they put out. I bet it will pull in a lot of tweens, though.
That Arrow castle sure looks like the same one Lex Luthor lived in on Smallville.
They seriously cancelled The Secret Circle for all of this?!
Will be watching 'Beauty and the Beast' just for Kristen Kreuk no matter how stupid it looks! And I'll give a chance to 'Emily Owens M. D', but it might just be discarded to the side after a few episodes. I'm waiting to see Cult's trailer. Arrow may be alright, but I'm not planning on watching that show.
Is there a trailer for Cult? That's the only new show that I'm looking forward to on The CW.
They all look like they could be good, but "could be" isn't necessarily "will be". I'll give them all a try and then decide.
i will watch anything with kristin kreuk in it. but looks like ill be viewing beauty and the beast in the closet!
I'll catch all the new pilots and then decide which ones are worth a 4-episode trial and then see whether or not I'll stick with any of them. Basically same as always ;)
give a chance to the tree but have a filled schedule so may not have room for medicre series and these seem to be on the top of the list. At least not going in with high expectations, i could only be surprised in the good way or they will be very ....
I'll probably catch the pilot of Arrow and Beauty and the Beast but I don't hold out much hope for either show. Arrow wants to be Batman but the CW couldn't get the rights.

Beauty and the Beast looks like another cop show where the hero doesn't follow procedure. And in the original series the origin of Beast was always a mystery. Here they reveal it in the pilot. And he turns out to be some guy with anger issues that could become a potential abuser. Not really a romantic image that the CW should want to promote.
Not particularly thrilled by either but as a fairytale lover I'll give Beauty and the Beast a go just in case.
I'll give all three a chance because I'm not like certain people who judge a show so harshly before even giving it a chance. Im not a follower.

Remember how everyone talked so much smack about the vampire diaries before it premiered? Look at them now. An amazing show.
Amazing and hilariously trashy I think you mean. Judging things is fun, and are you really saying that VD isn't exactly what you thought it would be after watching its promos, because it's pretty damn close to what I expected. I don't watch it for it's artistic and intellectual value.
Maybe in part it's all simply critique on these trailers. I mean, I'm sorry, but these trailers bring me no suspense whatsoever. It all feels really predictable. I will watch all three probably, in the hope that I might get surprised. Because I do believe it's important to give something a fighting chance.

But I stand by what I said: from what we've seen in these trailers, the stories seem pretty obvious. Though this could simply be due to bad trailers.
And let's not forget what everyone said about Apt. 23 & Suburgatory. :)
The Queen mansion looks awfully like Lex Luthors place in Smallville.
omg I was thinking the same thing.
Arrow - Will probably watch this to get my dose of action. It almost seems Batman-esque with its dark turns.

Emily Owens - I will watch this cos I like Mamie when she was on Off the Map and seeing her play an absolutely opposite character to what she used in Off the Map would be interesting.

Beauty and the Beast - I literally see no way on how they can extend this show over seasons. Genetically engineered soldiers, a pretty cop who can't hold a gun properly and a conspiracy theory in the making. Seems like a convoluted plot for Beauty and the Beast.
I'm sorry, they all seem a little predictable.

Arrow: Guy is tortured by island experience. He starts hunting down bad people. He realizes his own plane crash was plotted by those closest to him. Trust is an issue. The girl he used to love won't stay away from him. In the end they'll hook up.

Emily M.D.: Girl is in love with best friend. He doesn't see her that way, but the friendly neighborhood resident does. He's her boss and they shouldn't, but they do. In the meantime: best friend has hooked up with evil highschool biatch. Emily is hurt about it, but has resident guy. When best friend notices something going one between Emily and resident guy, he suddenly realizes that he does like Emily. In the end they'll hook up.

Beauty and the Beast: Girl finds washed up army guy with issues. He saves her a couple time and she believes him to be a knight in shining armour. Authorities will figure out there's more to the story, but she'll protect him any way she can. Lies ensue. She'll be his lifeline, as he hasn't had any contact with actual living people for a while. However, beastie boy will resist in fear of hurting her. In the end they'll hook up.

It might not go this way, but I don't have much hope.
YAY Jack Coleman in the extended promo! FINALLY! You're not alone, I'd dig that show even if he wasn't in it. I like the Scrubs-y feel of it.
Also does this trailer for Beauty and the Beast remind anyone else of Gargoyles and I think my new #1 pick for a live action Elisa is Kristen Kreuk.
NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the premise of Beauty and the beast! It's just....Why? How is this a show?? and what's worst is that I will probably watch all of these shows and just to be clear, so I don't have to look it up. Emily M.D. is hooking up with Max from Greek right? God I'm so lazy right now. But the 9/11 thing in BATB terrible just lazy reasoning right I'm good just reference 9/11 for my hero like status also i"m not a beast at all I"M a BEAUTY also, right? and if the new guy in Arrow isn't 100% hotter than Justin Heartly then I know nothing.
LOL Beauty and the Beast looks awful! Sooo cheesy. What happened to ABC's take on Beauty and the Beast? Haven't heard anything about it since February.
They all look alright to me even Beauty and the Beast
Somehow I think the whole story of the Beauty and the Beast is already told in that trailer
I'd trade all three of these for the Secret Circle.
Green Arrow looks good. Hope they hire writers from Smallville. Emily Owen M.D. another doctor dramar, If I gonna watch this show I would watch Saving Hope with Luis Lane in it. Beauty & the Beast, where is the lionman? Put some money on the make up please, if you gonna snack the name "Beauty and the Beast" to get audiences and an Army guy as the beast, common. You can just call this show "Ex army guy who cut himself shaving & Cutey Cop".
I'm definitely gonna watch Arrow, and maybe beauty and the beast but it really depends on how the episodes are going to pile up. I kinda don't see the bigger picture and how exactly they're going to keep it going for more than one season, but yet again, it's CW's choice and it's also their problem, not mine. Not gonna watch Emily whatsherface, to me it looks a little boring, the high school girl that was made fun of is now a doctor bla bla boring... Anyway, guess we'll only know when the shows start !
Emily Owens looks like Scrubs mixed with Felicity. So you can bet I'll be watching! Beauty and the Beast looks cheesy, but oddly watchable and possible addictive? I can't get my hopes up for Arrow. It looks good, but if it turns out like The Cape...well we know how that will be.
I disagree with this site and the posters on this site on a regular basis. Some shows that I really enjoy were bashed and dissed on this site regularly. With that being said, I am interested to see where the Beauty and the Beast show goes. The trailer was OK for what it was... On the other hand, Arrow looks awesome. I hope that it does as good as Smallville because that was one of my favorite shows to watch. I noticed that they are reusing Lex Luthor's castle in the show and that is cool.
Green Arrow looks like it could go either way. It does look very much like a darker Smallville, but hopefully that works for it - I'll hold off judgement until I see the pilot.

Emily Owens I think may actually be decent. A sort of Greys/Scrubs hybrid, it may surprise everyone. It's true that once you get out of high school all that drama should go away, but really it's always there to a certain extent so why not even more so in a hospital? Again though I'll hold off for the pilot.

Beauty and the Beast... I want this to be good, but my hopes aren't high. I've really liked the male lead's previous roles on Australian TV shows, and I did like Kreuk in Smallville back in the day. But even if it turns out alright I think this will struggle for ratings given the name and the bad press already.
I'll definitely watch Arrow, and at least a couple episodes of Emily MD. Beauty and the Beast just looks blah. I already had to fast-forward through parts of the 5 min preview, how am I supposed to get through 45 mins of that cheesy BS? Also, I've said it before, but I really dislike Kreuk.
with beauty and the beast i first thought it was a remake of the 80s show... but it really doesnt look like that.. and idk i think im kind of cunfused with the title of the show. cause it doesnt really seem to be connected to the fairy tale. if it is then idk bout you guys but i really didn't see him as being disfugured or ugly when he "changed" into the beast so does the "beast" in the title refer to his temper? anyways it looks unintentionally funny.

for Emily Owens the only thing i picked up from that promo was that in their world medical school is just like highschool where the stoners go into.....anesthesiology..... no... just no

out of these three i think i would most likely check out arrow
When I first heard that CW was doing Beauty and the Beast I heard that it was going to be a remake of the 80's tv show that CBS did. From what I have seen it looks like total CRAP! I was 3 when BATB came out in the 80's and this new remake does the show no justice at all. I'd suggest watching the older show on youtube or buying all 3 seasons if your a fan of BATB
I think it's safe to say of the three shows listed here ARROW will be the only thing I watch on The CW this season.
Thank goodness Green Arrow is dark.
Arrow: Smallville but darker. Im slightly more interested now that I've seen the extended trailer. Though I think it's going to be pretty by the numbers. I can also see a lot of fans hating the changes to the origin.

Emily: Here is how the pitch for this show went. "GA does really well and people liked Scrubs. Let's make a show that combines those two." I thought that when I saw the first trailer, now I've seen the extended one, Im even more sure that's how this show was created.

Beauty and The Beast: Is it me, or is everyone really pretty? As much as I <3 KK I cannot see this show doing well at all. I mean this trailer that is suppose to be exciting and peak your interest was just boring. If they cannot pace a 5 minute trailer Im worried how they will pace a hour long show week in and week out.
Emily Owens seems like a less funny, female version of Scrubs.
Scrubs was funny?
I think Beauty and the Beast as a title is what is dragging the show already. There seems to be no link to the story, or any incarnation of the story, in the show. Not gonna lie though, out of these three shows, I am probably more likely to watch that one, mostly out of the hope that it is better than it looks and because I tend to watch shows for the actors at the moment...
I agree with you and I also think if it's really going to be a remake of the 80's tv show they wouldn't be f****cking the new one up so much because it looks like TOTALLY CRAP!!!! I was 3 years old when CBS came out with Beauty and the Beast in the 80's and personally I'll take a 3 seasoned BATB only a shitty remake any day of the week
this isnt based on the disney fairytale... it is based on the 80's show...
Yes and that is what the problem is! It's like they didn't even watch the 80 version.
Unfortunately it seems to just be taking the title and the names of the main characters and chucking everything else. It may have been better if they hadn't tried to link to the original show at all because then they wouldn't have us making inevitable comparisons between the two. I was a fan of the original. (Including sending in fan mail for them to bring it back for the final season... to my regret.) I'll probably give this one a chance, but will have to think of it as something completely separate.

Also, am I the only one seeing Vincent's change into the "Beast" as been a riff on The Incredible Hulk?
Crappy remake of the 80's tv show if you ask me personally!!!! Which is why I will not be watching it after TVD
Arrow looked the best, though unoriginal. The atmosphere is gritty, the lead has a Dark Knight vibe. It's a pity Green Arrow is the lamest super hero.

I can't connect to Emily Owens. High School is something you live for a short period of time, then get it over with. It's finished. You don't dwell on it, unless you haven't properly grown up.

I had a better impression of Beauty and the Beast now than I had with the first trailer, but it's still too weird. First I thought the Beast was a regular dude that occasionally showed a beasty side if the budget allowed, now I think he's really cursed, and I like that. But I don't buy Kreuk as a badass cop. Actually, judging by TV standards now I think just about anybody can be cast as a hardass cop.
I agree with most of what you said but Green Arrow is not the lamest super hero. He isn't even the lamest member of the justice league. I counter your statement with Aquaman; which I believe also had a failed show attempt on the cw?
True, Aquaman is hard to make cool. How many crimes happen underwater? He'd have to fight sea polluters, oil spills, illegal fishing, sea piracy... Anything ecological. For Aquaman to work it would have to be in a world of the near future with underwater cities, etc, perhaps in a world like in the TV show Seaquest DSV. But the CW doesn't have a the budget for something like that.
Load More Comments