Watch the Pilot For J.J. Abrams' Revolution Now (VIDEO)

You anticipated it, and now you can watch it! NBC's upcoming sci-fi drama Revolution has been crowned the victor in our New Show Anticipation Index, defeating The CW's Arrow (you have funny taste in shows, guys!) in bracket-style competition. I don't know if it's connected to NBC's recent decision to post the pilot of Revolution online, but we like to pretend we have some pull and will take all the credit.

You could go to Hulu.com or NBC.com to watch it, but why do that when you can screen it right here RIGHT NOW!?

Revolution is one of the most high-profile new shows of the season, but it's also one of the more divisive ones. The pilot was screened at Comic-Con and critics have had copies for months, and it seems that the hardcore sci-fi fans like it a lot more than the critics do. I wrote about the version I saw a while back, and while I think it has more problems than it should, I'm also really looking forward to what's coming next.

Watch the pilot and tell us what you think in the comments below, please!

Follow TV.com writer Tim Surette on Twitter: @TimAtTVDotCom

The show isn't a Hunger Games ripoff. It appears to be based on S.M. Stirling's "Dies the Fire" trilogy, with a nod to William Fortschen's "One Second After."

That said, I'm amazed at all the cosmetics and high-end shampoo that seem to have survived 15 years of chaos.
Bad, really really bad!!!! What a waste. They could have taken this to the next level, given us a new world with so many possiblities and instead they give us a cheesy cross between Robin hood and little house on the prairie! The torches, candles and OMG- swords! Only a 6 year old would enjoy this show. Every dull cliche was written into this, not only was it boring but worse-Expected! Very, Very disappointing!!!!!
Great cliff hanger, talented good looking cast, plot easy to follow, never too incredible, very interesting premise but so is J. J. Abrams. I'll be watching. Unlike Falling Skies (ptooey) - which got too slow, too fast. This is intelligent - like Star Trek TNG. Where did Monroe get the ice? That's my cliff hanger.
I got around to watch the pilot tonight since tomorrow's the official premier of the show but I still don't know if NBC's gonna air this pilot again or episode 2. I enjoyed the episode and I think the show has potential but NBC has a knack for screwing up shows so I guess we'll have to wait and see.
in that scene where charlie is apologizing to her dad about almost killing her brother, and they are all sitting around in the house at night...

why the hell are they burning like... 300 candles??

i would assume that candles are a precious commodity in that sort of post apocalyptic world. i've ranted about how much the science is just utterly nonsensical, but... that' just plan old wasteful.

i've worked as a tour guide in my city's historical village, and while i'm not going to claim that makes me an expert on all this stuff, i did know that just about every household knew how to make candles out of beeswax or tallow but STILL didn't burn that many in one stupid night.
So looking forward to see what happens in later episodes, hope it doesnt get cut before they explain a few things unlike terra nova, alcatraz to name a few.
Meh. It wasn't great. I had hoped for more from a J.J. Abrams and Eric Kripke project.

The only legitimately interesting character is the uncle. Maybe Giancarlo Esposito.

However, I do want to defend it as not being a "Hunger Games rip off". Women wielding bows have been a fixture of mythology and lore since the Amazons. It is a weapon that can be used with nearly equal level of proficiency by men and women. Men are naturally taller and stronger than women, with a longer reach, so a sword is much more deadly in the hands of a male swordsman than a woman because it can be swung faster and further. This is not some recent phenomenon started by the Hunger Games.
That may be so, but it's no coincidence that all these shows and films are coming out after the Hunger Games.
What is it with everyone ripping off The Hunger Games. Still with that said the pilot was interesting. Right now I'd give it 3.5 out of 5 stars. Hopefully it will get better.
the actors are too much "A&F style"... it makes the tv-show so unreal!
I am intrigued, and looking forward to seeing a few more eps before final judgement.

but i was wundering how the cars could just die like that, electricity i can understand, but at least older cars should not just die like that imo. I am hoping this is not just another show that will never provide us with any answers.
I haven't watched this pilot, but I'd just like to say:

PLEASE don't be a Terra Nova / Falling Skies. PLEASE PLEASE please please PLEASE!
You're in for a disappointment. At least the pilot makes it seem that way, but I suppose it could get better later.
am quite indifferent after seeing the pilot.

will give the show a 'couple of episodes' long chance for the sake of liking kripke's other work..
The Pilot for Revolution was pretty good though there were some disappointments in regard to attention to detail. The sets and costumes looked to pristine, clean and new. I did enjoy the story which was unfolding as the characters were introduced. There is a lot of potential but it could go either way. There was a lot of action which was pretty decent and I liked how there are various plot lines tying every thing together. It was interesting to see the woman at the end using a computer. I look forward to watching more episodes to see how things progress and improve. A good start with much anticipation on what will happen next!!!!!!!
Liked it alot
I will watch it for a while, but the story line is a little far fetched. The acting isn't great, but will probably get better. It might turn out to be a good watch.
Watch Last Resort's pilot and you won't regret it. That is all.
Video doesn't work in Australia. Shocker.
its pretty easy to get hold of- I'm in the UK and watched it.
It's not that it doesn't work in Australia it's that it doesN'T work anywhere but the US.. -.-
Damn it.
I wasn't sure if I would like the show or not, judging from some of the things that I read. But,after watching the pilot I am looking forward to seeing more. I like the characters,and the story line is intriguing. Glad I watched this today!
sorry but this has some terrible writing and cringe worthy dialogue. I watch and even like Falling Skies, but I couldn't stand Terra Nova and all these other apocalyptic shows. The whole type writer thing is getting way over played first in Lost and then in Fringe.
Ah, so many times we hunger for something like this and so many times fed another teenage adventure story, with perfect hair and perfect Abercrombie outfits. Transparently trying to be LOST 2.0, with Google Guy equalling Hurley, etc., the trekking, the music (which is awful BTW), the final computer scene. When do the flashbacks start . The bartender said it best, underwhelmed.
Well it definitely could end up being either a great show or a really bad show but I liked the pilot and since another of my favorite shows will end all too soon - Fringe - I'm in the market for a new show. So I'm on board for now. Also. I love Billy Burke and he's cool in it. I'll at least give it 4-5 episodes to test it.

But seeing as it is on NBC there's a good chance it'll be gone soon anyway.
What a huge dissapointment! This is television for the kiddies. But the most disturbing is that it has not one molecule of originality. Here is in 5 points my problem with this pilot : 1. This is clearly a 'Hunger Games' rip off'. I The film was a nice surprise. This series is a second serving of a cold dish. 2. Without the big budget CGI FX, John Favreau is an insignificant director. No suspence, humor, romance or any other human sentiment can be found. 3. Fire the costume department. Immidiately! These people are supposed to be wearing 15 year old clothes, mayby heavily patched or at least remade by the local hobby club. Brandnew, clean and just of the rack is not it. 4. When during a 'big' swordfight, only two minuscule fake clouds of blood can be seen... then you know it. Anyone older than 18 is to old for this show. [Terra Nova syndrome] 5. The cast sucks. Elisabeth Mitchell is seen for only 30 seconds and why is there always a fat nerd??!! People on the run for an evil authority on horse back in a post-apocalyptic world : Is stuff from 70's television like 'Logan's run' or 'The planet of the apes'. Series I liked and which got canceled after 10 episodes or so. A sign?
I'm struggling see how this show is a Hunger Games rip off.

The only link I can think of is that there are people with bows and melee weapons in both. Tenuous link.
1) Hunger Games was a rip off of The Most Dangerous Game, Running Man, and Battle Royal (much as the author wants to deny it.) Besides, it doesn't take a brilliant forward thinker to come up with; killing people for entertainment. Hunger Games was also a movie for kiddies.

2) Jon Favreau was a director before Iron Man.

3) I didn't take notice of the wardrobe. I'd have to re-watch it to comment, but I don't want to do that.

4) TV content restrictions. Making the show available to all ages will obviously alienate the older viewers, but it widens overall viewership. I certainly don't subscribe to the idea, but there it is.

5) A. Cast does suck. B. Marketing. If you have characters that fit a common archetype, the audience is more likely to draw on something you enjoyed previously. For example, the Lost tool two comments above compares the fat geek to Hurley (not the most complex archetype to begin with.) While he considers it a negative, many others might think the opposite. It's immediately understood and comfortable to the audience. It's also terrible writing with zero risk.

I just realized, I put a little more thought into this than I had expected. Damn you, TV.com!
More +
LOL

And after 8-9 episodes cancelled!!!
the clip is not available in my region , why not??
.... Cause you're lucky?

Hey, if you really want to see it, I got two words for you: Hotspot Shield.
It had such a Terra Nova vibe. Everyone looked like they were in costumes with a little fake dirt sprinkled here and there... I will probably watch the 2nd and 3rd episode just to see where it goes...but I can't say that I'm really interested..
Wow...I mean just wow, this pilot was bad. This was just unintelligent, poorly written, forgettable trash. The Sad thing, is that this concept actually could have been amazing. pity.
Amen, brother.
totally agree
That dude from "Twilight" who plays the uncle: the only interesting character out of the whole episode. Even Giancarlo Esposito isn't as fun as he is.

Everybody else on that show... bof.

By the way.... here's a question: isn't it weird that, in this futuristic world without electricity, nobody is using bicyclea? Did they all disappear too during the blackout? Or did people forgot how to ride bikes when the power went off? How about rollerblades and/or skateboards? Can you only walk or ride a horse in this particular reality?

Weird...

SMALL SPOILER: honestly, it would be hard to not find any guy interesting after watching him kill off SEVENTEEN MEN with a couple of swords and one harpoon in under 4 minutes. If "Revolution" delivers this level of bloodshed in every episode, interesting character development and logic be damn, I'm still gonna watch!
This is a very good point. I guess big TV&Film producers are far removed from the ordinary world in their big cars.
Hey man, couple minutes into the pilot and I was already on "eff logic"-mode. There is no electricity but people somehow create sparks for fires and guns? Every airplane in the world stalled and fell downwards? And how come the only weapons are muskets? And doesn't the human body rely on electric impulses? (OK, by this time I had broken about everything about the show's logic and started focusing on big blue eyes instead). In 15 years there were lianas reaching tops of buildings? Every thing I focused on was wrong. I mean I love ingesting epic doses of bullcrap every now and then just like the next guy but it's much more fun when the show doesn't try to take itself too seriously. (See supernatural or legend of the seeker). So yeah, put that one on my list of awkward complaints.
Good point about the bikes.

I didn't like the sword fight. These are a few problems I had with it:

1. 17 opponents...that's just too many. (I didn't count, but the number sounds about right).

2. If the character is *that* good a fighter, I want to see someone like Bruce Lee or Steven Segal in their prime in that role. Not some guy who obviously isn't particularly skilled.

3. No blood, no pain. That just makes it cartoonish and silly. If you get stabbed in the gut, it probably takes hours to die, maybe days.

4. After he has taken out the first 16 people, the 17th guy attacks him alone. How stupid would that guy have to be?

5. No matter how good he is, it would have made more sense to leave before those guys showed up, unless he really *wanted* to mass murder a bunch of poorly trained soldiers who probably don't even know what they're fighting for. I don't think the character is supposed to be a psychopath who really enjoys mass murder.
... Dude, you've just ruined THE ONLY GOOD THING I could say about that entire episode.

Now what's the point of watching that total piece of crap? Ah well, more time to spend on better shows - silver lining, I guess...
I like the horse/transportation observation. Considering human beings aren't capable enough to keep dirt away from their streets, rollerblades and skateboards might be out of the question. But people can still build a damn bike, right? Nope! It seems no matter how we meet our civilization's end, we'll all be fat.
It gat my interest, I'll keep watching this.

I like the google guy and the young man with the bow who plays the role of the elf basically.

Despite some practicabilities, odd casting choices -both good and bad- and the fact that the "cliffhanger" was spoiled again and again in the previews, I actually kinda dug the pilot. I'll definitely give it the four episode test. I'd like to see where it goes, but given NBC's history with genre shows, I'm hedging my bets on its longevity.
Flashforward met the Hunger Games. It could go either way.
So far I love it. It's really hard to find any shows these days that aren't either totally ridiculous sitcoms or crime/doctor drama trash. That gets really old so I always jump at the chance to watch a show like this one. A diamond in the rough. And especially even more so now that all of my favorite shows have already either been canceled or have ended. Now that basically leaves me with Teen Wolf, TVD, White Collar, and this for dramas.
I liked the show. Yes it could have been better, but it is good. There are pretty bad shows that is still on. People are wondering how come they don't know more about the black out. Look at Once Upon a Time for instance, they show did not answer all your questions to the middle of the season and not all the questions are still answered. I will make a bet that the electricity will start up at the end of the season like Once Upon a Time how they got there memories back.
Only found time to watch it now. Initial reaction: A pretty average show, but not good enough to keep me watching. I'm already watching so/too many shows, that a new show needs to have something that really draws me in for me to keep watching it. Revolution does not have it. Many have already compared Revolution to Lost Falling skies and Terra Nova. I'm inclined to do that too. Revolution has the premise of a mystery with a survivalist twist. Unfortunately the execution seems to be only so-so.

Maybe I'm getting more cynical the older I get and the more TV shows I've watched. But I just expect more from a show like this one. It's too polished for my taste and not dark enough. It's not a good sign when I find the bad guys more likeable and interesting than the good guys. There are a few things that bother me about the show:

- The premise of all electrical appliances turning off. I completely understand that we have to suspend our disbelief when watching a show like this, or in fact any show. It's fiction, after all. That's what makes it so exciting, it gives us an escape from reality. Great shows like Fringe and Lost, even Breaking Bad and Mad Men, are not realistic, but they do have something that pulls you in. The "science" behind Fringe is bat shit crazy, but they have managed to muddle it enough for me to accept it as entertainment, and it's complicated enough that I can't always figure out what makes it impossible. The problem with Revolution is that it deals with something that is very familiar to us in our everyday lives: electricity. The idea that electrical appliances suddenly turn off is just so far removed from reality, and everyone can see why. It's simple physics. The premise just bothers me too much for me to continue watching it. Now, the mystery might not have to do with "electricity not working", but with conductivity or maybe a world wide electronic virus. But it does not explain why the problem still remains years later. Electricity is a fundamental property which cannot be erased or be turned off. It exists all around.

- The stupidity of the characters. It was annoying in Terra Nova, and it's annoying now. I wish Danny would have been shot in the beginning so we wouldn't have to deal with another bone-headed teenage boy fucking up all the time. It's infuriating to watch people whose survival instincts are virtually zero in tough situations.

- If Ben Matheson knew what caused the blackout, why didn't her tell anyone? I bet they are going to explain it with the classic "he thought it was too dangerous to tell others". It's this kind of silence about important things that gets people killed. Why would Ben have stayed silent for 15 years about something that could have solved the problem? And now they use his silence to bring mystery to the show.
Well, in the show you see the Google nerd talking about the fact that it defies all laws of Physics that this could have happened. So there's obviously a working theory in the writing department as to what made this happen.

It's definitely got me intrigued even if it is a little tame in other ways.
Good post but... Mad Men, Breaking Bad... not realistic? What do you define as realistic? Reality shows? The former, specially, is considered a pretty accurate approach to the reality lived and lifestyle of that era, and work area within so. Definitely not in the same category as Fringe and Lost, which are sci-fi's.
I thought the pilot was terrible. It seems like the next Terra Nova to me. A good post apocalyptic show deals with the issues of mankind when society breaks down (Battle Star Galactica or The Walking Dead, for example). Here it's merely a setting to serve as a back drop for some silly adventures. Will not be watching it again. Thank god the new season of Dr. Who is on....
Dr Who! hehehe. I love the show but only cos it's a british institution and I grew up on it.

How do you know what issues will be dealt with in Revolution?

And as far as the walking dead is concerned (one of my favorite shows as I'm zombie obsessed) That is survivalist on the extreme level. This is a society that lost electricity and we're 15 years on with communities rebuilt in a make-do kinda way. The larger issues they face are very different - militia rule vs who's gonna turn on me next and bite my face off. They invoke very different behavioural reactions in people I'd expect.

At the end of the day its tamed down family sci-fi so I guess you either like that or you don't.
I was nodding until you said Dr. Who. Now I think that your opinions on what's bad my be opposite to mine.
Only sci-fi show left worth watching IMO.
Fringe > Continuum > Doctor Who > Falling Skies
Alphas, Fringe and even Falling Skies are all better.
Fringe is decent. The other two aren't even close, but you're entitled to your opinion. I'll admit Dr. Who is a bit of an acquired taste and is not for everyone. At least we can agree that Revolution was no muy bueno.
I would like to get a better explanation as to what really happened at the "blackout". I'd want to know what the result was (did electricity "disappear" forever? or is it something else?). Also I'd like to know why there were no steam powered machines or some kind of old-school combustion engines. They still had fire and guns so steam and explosions shouldn't have disappeared along with electricity.

Also in the beginning of the episode you could see airplanes just dropping out of the sky spinning horizontally. I don't know much about the workings of airplanes, but they shouldn't just fall down. The forward motion and the aerodynamics the airplanes still had should have left them able to make emergency landings.

I will continue to watch revolution, because i think it could be quite good. But i would like to see more questions answered more quickly (even if those should bring up more questions).
I'd expect that all a plane's controls would be powered so the steering, ailerons, landing gear etc wouldn't work

Thing that got me was that there seemed to be lights on the planes as they were coming down.

I'm 50/50 on it all. It's not gritty or emotional enough for me but at the same time it does intruige me and it's something I can watch with my kids.
Was Wary of watching it after all the attacks. Like every new shows there is room for improvement. Sure sometimes the acting was not so good. The background stories could really make it a must see. This coming from someone who stopped watching lost after 2 episodes
I honestly have no idea what the hell people are talking about. This was an amazing pilot. Did it have problems? Of course it did. But it's the pilot, so give it time to work out the problems before completely condemning the show for mistakes that are easily remedied. Is it trying to be the "next LOST"? Yes and no. It IS JJ Abrams, and since LOST was such a big hit, of course he's going to try to bring to the table what worked in LOST, namely the inter-connectivity of the characters in the story. But is every character going to know one another? Absolutely not. Revolution is on a scale much grander than LOST ever was, so to connect every character with every person left alive on the planet would be absurd and the writers know this.

Here's what was solid:

- The acting. It seems like the acting is getting a really strong hit, but honestly, it was pretty good for the pacing of the pilot. I have a lot of faith in Billy Burke and newcomer Tracy Spiridakos definitely brought it in this episode.

- The settings and the scenery. This is what Revolution is going to excel in: showing us what the world would look like if this really happened. The overgrown cities and the natural landscapes were breathtaking and I'm looking forward to more.

- The twists. People need to get the stick out of their asses long enough to recognize that not every twist needs to be a game changer like in LOST. The twists in this episode may not have been revolutionary (heh) but they were pretty fresh. Turning a relatively minor character into the big bad of the series was new. And sure, the convenience of Danny finding the woman with a computer might be far-fetched, but the reveal that there were more than one of those devices is intriguing.

- The sword fights. Need I say more?

And what could have been better:

- Danny. Right now, he's a pretty weak character. His asthma is really the only thing we know about him besides the fact that he's kind of a hotheaded idiot.

- Elizabeth Mitchell being in less than 10 minutes of the episode in total. But I have a feeling that she's going to be back a lot, whether solely in flashbacks or in the present, still alive.

- Nate's motivation. It's clear he likes Charlie, but his motives are really unclear and if he's going to keep flip-flopping, it's going to get really confusing and old really fast.

Will I watch it? Absolutely. I'm going to give it a few more episodes and I'm expecting great things. This is a fresh premise helmed by some great names. Hopefully Revolution doesn't get its lights shut down prematurely. (First pun not intended, second one very much so.)
I know right! That was very well put.
Awesome show
I liked it and I was even disappointed when it finished. It is true that there are some stuff bothering with the show but hey c'omon! Try to enjoy the life! Not many sci-fi shows left so I suggest no complains (:

Words like awful, cringe-worthy, inane, help! all come to mind.

Trailer looks asinine, the pilot just confirmed it.

And why anyone would complain about regional blocking is beyond me when we got torrents,proxies ,vpn! hell even I know about these :)
i'm dissapointed with this pilot. It is more Supernatural than JJ's Lost. It's all kinda teen-like not that rough and realistic enough. even cartoonish in some ways. with that ridiculous machetes and bows. and I didn't like the beginning of it. they just patter whole premise it felt forced. we just get in this story and then bow! black out. I didn't have a time to even take a bite of my sandwich as whole black out thingy flew over and we got to camp and militia.

I hope next episodes will improve the show but I got bad feeling about this Revolution. it might get canceled after 1 season.
I didn't complain about Kill Bill being "cartoonish" and neither did most people. I find that factor about this show to be one of its strengths and I'm sure many people would agree.
That's probably because Kill Bill was incredible- with some of the best choreographed fight sequences ever.

This was slightly disappointing. If you have all that money- hire a really good fight choreographer- If Keanu and Uma can be trained to do sweet moves then I'm sure Billy Burke can.

I'd like to see more fight scenes but polished better. Even watch a few Bourne movies and copy some of that!
Not good... was looking forward to this but this seems to go the same way as Terra Nova.

There's some gore here, right, but that's about as grown-up as this pilot episode gets.

Firstly, what about this google guy? Why did he have to come along? I already hate him and I know that he is a character that will not be killed off. Though he should be. It's a wonder how he did survive the last 15 years. And at what age did he become a google millionaire? 12?

Then those stupid weapons. The Monroe Republic must be larger than your average fishing village, still it can't arm it's soldiers probably? Electricity may have gone but craftsmanship should have survived. Making bullets is pretty much the easiest thing a blacksmith can do, and cheap. The hard part would be the shell casings, but they can be re-used dozens of times, and after civil wars there should be millions of them lying about.

So no need for machetes with knuckle-handles or revolutionary war muskets.

And what about asthma-kid? He has his fathers death on his conscience, still we should see the militia as the bad guys? Come on! If a cop say, put your weapon down, you put it the hell down!

Bonkers!
A few observations:

- The show has a very different look compared to other post-apocalyptic shows like The Walking Dead or Falling Skies. That's a good thing.

- I wish they had killed asthma kid and left the scientist live. He seemed like a much more interesting character.

- I've been in love with Tracy Spiridakos since the trailer of this show.

- I loved the expression Bugs Bunny made on TV when the power went out forever.

- Elizabeth Mitchell onscreen for just two minutes, then jump to 15 years later and she's dead? why replace Andrea Roth then?

- Miles has friends in high places. He knows General Monroe personally, and they used to be friends. The characters should be celebrating, not fighting.

- The Monroe Republic must have a hard time placing undercover spies among its enemies if all its soldiers are branded... Why didn't Charlie and Miles check Nate's wrist before?

- Nate, will you please make up your mind? Do you wanna help or kill the girl?

- Since computer lady has a live chat with somebody else via her computer telling them about the militia men, that means there's somebody else on the other end of the line connected all the time. An email-style message to be read later would've made more sense. but then they could've schedules this chat beforehand, so they both knew to log on at the same time.

- The guy asks her "Now what?" and she just stares at the screen and smirks. It's like the writers didn't know how to end the chat dialogue.

All in all, a promising show I'll watch.

Ha! I liked that Bugs Bunny moment too!!

I didn't get the computer chat.

What do we do now?

About what? The Monroe's men came and went. there's not a problem is there?

They must have a plan- I mean the scientist nerd terrorists that caused the electrical apocalypse. It was key that he downloaded something onto that USB so the device would work so they must have had a long term plan to use those in the future. Be interesting to see how that pans out.

There's probably some guy in a bunker somewhere with Blenders, microwave, stereo, Flat screen and xbox having the time of his life.

Or maybe he's called Desmond and has to type in 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42 everytime the timer runs down!
"Elizabeth Mitchell onscreen for just two minutes, then jump to 15 years later and she's dead? why replace Andrea Roth then?"

You know the answer. She's not actually dead, and we'll see her again soon. It's also possible that she will only appear in flashbacks, and that there will be a lot of those. But I would be pretty surprised if she's not alive.

"Miles has friends in high places. He knows General Monroe personally, and they used to be friends. The characters should be celebrating, not fighting."

A guy who thinks of a technological apocalypse as an opportunity to make himself a dictator over a significant part of the country is not someone a decent person would consider a friend.
Yeah I'm hoping the same.. I was really surprised to see her in the pilot as I had no prior knowledge of her involvement in this show. I liked her a lot on V and I sure hope we see more of her here.
No, I don't know know the answer. At least didn't. No idea she was still alive. And flashbacks aren't enough for an actress of Mitchell's caliber.

As for the Monroe comment, I was being sarcastic, though I wouldn't blame people if they chose the easier way in a situation in which survival is at stake.
I have high hopes for Revolution and the pilot episode is setting up what could be an interesting season. Any talk about the fall season makes me glad that I turned on the PrimeTime Any Time feature on my Hopper. My DVR now automatically records three hours of primetime coverage that's on the big four networks. A coworker at Dish told me about this feature and it's helped me keep up with early premieres. Crazy things would happen if we lost our ability to generate electricity, much of what we know could be lost for generations like when the Roman Empire fell. They knew how to make aqueducts, but the Dark Ages lasted for centuries.
anyone else notice how the black lady don't know her name gave the inhaler like it would still be good. asthma inhalers compounds in the canister go bad after about 6 months after a year i doubt it even helps at all. the compounds would be completely broken down.
Eh? I've used inhalers that are years old and they've worked fine.
Pffttt... , am not going to watch it . I'm sick of these shows "Flash Forward , Terra Nova , Alcatraz" that trying to be like "LOST" with weak characters and tons of promises . At the end , nothing will be like LOST whether you like it or not!
I loved it I thought it had enough of everything looking forward to it

xo
I really enjoyed this show...can't wait for more...but I also loved terra nova and was really disappointed that it got cancelled...

Thought the concept was worth interest.....was excited to watch this.

However, the writing is terrible. Oh my goodness, those hokey emotional scenes. Everything is just formulaic storytelling....no surprises. I already hate the teenage boy. Poor Giancarlo Esposito....how did he get dragged into this??

All I could think of while watching this was how they didn't learn anything from the mistakes of Flashforward and Terra Nova.....this show doesn't just repeat their failures but actually makes things worse.

I'll watch another episode or 2 but they probably lost me at Hello.......the show will likely be canceled within 2-3 months.
Exactly. I've been crowing about this for a while now: just because a project has JJ Abrams' name on it, doesn't mean it's good. I don't even know when that standard was EVER true. He's prolifically bad (when considering his TV projects. I do, however, prefer his movies when comparing the two.) It's becoming a brand name, and it's grown to pathetic lengths. It's as if every idea he has is treated as gold. And since you mentioned the bad writing, it should also be stated that starting a story with an unexplained event doesn't make for good story telling -- it's lazy.
Also, just because a project has his name on it, doesn't mean that he's involved in the writing, casting, directing, editing, etc. It could just mean that he has some financial involvement.
That's what I tried to say by mentioning the movies. Didn't do a great job of that.
I didn't like it. I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't even seen the trailer (If you've seen the trailer you know almost everything that's going to happen in the pilot), so I'll just make a few short comments. I thought the storytelling was weak. Two huge coincidences just in the first episode, and the far-to-common trick of spending the last 2 minutes of every episode (I assume that it's going to be like that every episode) on a larger conspiracy. I think that trick bothers me more now than it used to, because of the pathetic way it was on Alcatraz.

So far I like this a lot less than Flash Forward and The Event.
Load More Comments