Watch the Trailers for CBS's New Series, Including Hostages, Intelligence, and Mom (VIDEO)

CBS's load of new shows may not have the sexy superheroes or vampires or robot cops that those of its fellow broadcast networks have (isn't the NCIS crew enough?), but it does have a ton of familiar faces. CBS's 2013-2014 schedule is banking on stars rather than loglines to keep its winning streak going, and in its new series you'll recognize Toni Collette, Josh Holloway, Robin Williams, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Tony Shalhoub, Kal Penn, Will Arnett, and Anna Faris. So why not get a good look at them now? Below you'll find the trailers for the network's new series, including the thriller Hostages and the comedies Mom and The Crazy Ones. Watch 'em, and then don't forget to tell us what you think about each one by voting in the corresponding polls.

Hostages – Mondays at 10pm

A surgeon (Toni Collette) who's about to operate on the president of the United States is forced to botch the job by a rogue FBI agent (Dylan McDermott)... or he'll kill her family!

Intelligence – Mondays at 10pm (midseason)

A hot secret operative (Josh Holloway) has his brain implanted with a high-tech microchip... that allows his to brain to tap into WiFi and satellites and all that stuff!

We Are Men – Monday at 8:30pm

A young man (Chris Smith) who was recently ditched at the altar moves into a short-term housing complex... where he pals around with older divorced guys (Kal Penn, Tony Shalhoub, and Jerry O'Connell)!

Mom – Monday at 9:30pm

Anna Faris is a recently divorced mom and recovering alcoholic looking for a place to get away... and finds it in California's wine country!

The Millers – Thursday at 8:30pm

Will Arnett plays a recently divorced man (LOTS OF DIVORCED PEOPLE COMING TO CBS)... who must also deal with his parents' turbulent relationship!

The Crazy Ones – Thursday at 9pm

Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar play a father and daughter... who work at the same advertising agency!

What here looks good to you?

Nice shows... not all of them......(LOTS OF DIVORCED PEOPLE COMING TO CBS)... what the &^%$....I think I'll watch Hostages and Intelligence.... Anything Chuck Lorry make is funny.. I'll give it a chance also The Crazy Ones
Intelligence is NOT the much better Canadian series of the same name.
I remember 'Happy Endings' beginning sort of the exact same way that 'We are men' does... Except that 'Happy Endings' had rollerblades, and those make everything better!

I'm giving Sarah Michelle Gellar another chance, 'The crazy ones' seems fun enough to watch ;) Other then that... Not even Josh Holloway managed to make me want to watch
'Intelligence', and the rest just seems blah...

Accident with the submit button... Missed a sentence :)
The crazy ones.....just this short had me in stitches...ant wait...
Two words: ROBIN FREAKIN WILLIAMS! Ok, three words.....
Only ones I'm going for are Intelligence and The Crazy Ones
None of these trailers totally worked for me, except The Crazy Ones. The cast is amazing and now I really wanna watch this show! Great work!
how can hostagers make it past 1 episode let alone a season? it sounds like a moive idea not a tv show or even a miniseries. Crazy ones look funny and Mom and We ar Men too. Inteligence screams CBS show
jeeeezzz the audience in the comedy's sound sooooo fake, it isn't even funny anymore
Agreed! I love Anna Faris, but that 'audience' makes me all queezy...
Intelligence looks cool & maybe hostages. but thats it
I'm still not sure how they're going to stretch the premise for "Hostages" over an entire season. I suppose they could go 24-style and have it all take place over a short period of time, but if that's the case I'm not sold on it. And if that's not the case, then there's a *lot* of material they didn't show us.
I can't wait for The Crazy Ones
We Are Men and The Millers looks awful
Mom might be good.
Seriously. ROBIN. WILLIAMS. Yes please!
everything is good minus mom and hostages, love robin w, we are men has the star power to potencially make it,the millers could put a new spin on standard cookiecutter sitcoms, and intelligence is like chuck if they went ful 180 degrees on his traits
I like that
1. we don't already know everything that's gonna happen in the pilot, it's intriguing enough without giving too much.
2. the let's-have-people-making-the-show-talk-about-it
3. all the trailers are available in the EU, thank you!
Will def. check out Hostages, Intelligence and maybe The Crazy Ones.
Showing less of the actual shows than the other networks, it’s harder to get a good impression of CBS’s shows... Anyway, I really liked the “trailer” for ‘The Crazy Ones’. It seemed very funny. I’m glad they’re doing a single-camera comedy for once. Well two even, but ‘We Are Men’ looked pretty bad—despite that one scene was pretty much an exact copy of Happy Endings, a show I love—so I’m not going to watch it. I won’t watch ‘The Millers’ either. ‘Mom’ I might give a go, haven’t decided yet.

I liked ‘Hostages’ best out of the two dramas. I’m a bit sceptic towards ‘Intelligence’. But it was very hard to get an impression of the dramas from those behind-the-scenes-trailers.
Intelligence = Chuck meets Jason Bourne
Intelligence: Sawyer, The Himalayas, conspiracy, sci-fi. Count me in. Disappointed that this show isn't on the fall schedule.

Hostages: B+
Premise seems very narrow, but there's something brewing beneath the surface which could lead to all kinds of intriguing, exciting scenarios. Dylan McDermott plays these kinds of roles to perfection.

All the comedies look bad. Even the Robin Williams' "The Crazy Ones" failed to elicit any chuckles. And "We Are Men" will bomb horribly. I might give "Mom" a try since I love Anna Faris.
Wow, never seen so many shitty trailers at once, and all on one network??
And on CBS?? Has management changed or something??
Isn't this the channel from The Good Wife, Person Of Interest?? What's happening??
Wow...f'n wow!
??
You clearly haven't seen the trailer of The Crazy Ones
i sure did and i believe it to be on top of the rest of the pile (of crap)...sorry...
Intelligence looks soooo dumb!
Toni Collette is the worst and ugliest actress ever...so hostages is a big no!
"Hostages" sounds like a "One season show". You know? Like Prison Break:
"as-long-as-we-were-in-prison-that-was-fun-up-until-we-got-out-then-it-sucked".

"Intelligence"?
Let's call it with it's true name : "The New six millions dollar man" and be done with it.

"We are men" sounds like the perfect exemple of the "sucessful characters which usually doesn't work on TV because they are sucessful.
But the preview let me wonder...can this be finally a good show for O'Connell?

For "Mom", again, let's call it by it's true name : "Two and a half girls".
I think it says planty.

"The Millers" ? Cancelled after 4 episodes maybe?
CBS, remember that it's not with only great/funny actors that you won people over on comedy. It's with great/funny writters too. Fart joke on episode one? Okay bye!

"The Crazy One" has Robin Williams.
Which means it only need a "good enough script" to just (survive (see "The Millers"), but it sound actually like something that could work...
The crazy ones seems so funny...love both actors...the rest is crap!!! We are men, maybe first two episodes to see if it is funny...otherwise crap...!!!
El zilcho here, sorry CBS, you're just going to have to rest on your thousands of existing hours of quality content, because nothing in this new batch looks any good. The Crazy Ones has the best chance at not sucking, but with expensive and unfunny Sarah Michelle Gellar in it, it's hosed.

Wait, Hostages starts the same premise as The Mob Doctor? Fuuuuck you, show! Oh, and you just KNOW the dad has some scandal going on that leads into this, you don't cast Tate Donovan for the nice guy. Still, mega no thanks, I really don't see how this will work as a weekly show.

Intelligence, lookin' an awful lot like Gary's powers from Alphas! Why would they let an important asset like that loose in the field though? If he's unique, too precious to risk. If he's not unique, why a show about this guy? I am not sure I'm on board, but I'll give it a shot, middle vote.

We Are Men starts with Happy Endings' gag? Still a bit of The Exes too, but it could work, I'll give it a chance but really it could be anything still. Tony Shalhoub on the short basketball court is awesome tho'.

Mom, I'm abandoning you so quick. This looks like a train wreck, get away! Oh, and could you cram the laughtrack down our throats any harder? Wait, it's "Ahna" Faris? That changes everything!

The Millers, starts well enough, I laughed. Laughtrack though? Shit, no no no. This should be a single-camera, and we've already lost 2 supporting actors. I'm going to give this a middle vote, I have hopes but... it doesn't feel right, it has the right tools but not the right format.

The Crazy Ones, Robin Williams is on fire here, but not seeing anything from SMG's character that pulls its own comedy weight, so I'm voting middle and hoping for the best.
Intelligence. It's sounds so completely boring, so run-of-the-mill, good cop becoming better than anyone else because of quirk, I just can't stand the premise anymore. I fell asleep halfway through the trailer because it's so extremely predictable.
Hostages could be good, if every episode keeps putting you off balance, and infuses new information to turn everything upside down, but it will be very difficult to pull off. It could be good, it could be very boring.
The Crazy Ones... I laughed like crazy over that trailer, and I don't particularly care for comedies. HIMYM is the closest I usually come to one, which still has a lot of drama. But I guess I cannot resist Robin Williams.
Hostages looks stellar. The Crazy Ones looks interesting...
Hostages: Was going to watch based off of the initial logline, thought it was going to be a bunch of characters thrown together in a hostage situation, but this I'm not really interested in.

Intelligence: Looks okay, kinda like Jake 2.0, nothing really exciting enough to get me watching though.

We Are Men: Not interested.

Mom: Looks like a female version of Two and a Half Men with more substance abused jokes instead of sex ones.

The Millers: I definitely wasn't expecting the parents to get divorced too, that's an interesting change to the formula, probably still won't check it out though.

The Crazy Ones: I am forced to watch this because of Sarah Michelle Gellar, but I imagine I'll only do so for one season. The trailer wasn't particularly funny, and Williams' brand of humour is just too over the top for my liking.
hostages=seems ridiculous to me, not feeling dylan mcdermot in this role or the "about family" in this context or anything about this. gotta pass. i would've rather seen how the people against the president storyline in last resort had played out if it was given more time, i loved autumn reeser in that.

intelligence=something about marg helgenberger annoys me so much, i can't take her... but i'm digging sawyer (josh) and the idea sounds decent so i'll give it a few episodes.

we are men=not doing anything for me but it has enough star power for me to give it a few episodes. i doubt i'll get hooked.

mom=blarg laugh track blarg! i'll give it a few eps like the last few but again don't have much expectation.

the millers=the ongoing theme for me seems to be i'm not feeling it but i'll give it a chance with a few episodes, same here.

the crazy ones=oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. sarah michelle gellar!!!!!!! oh my god. that's all that need to be said. yes, yes, yes!

Hostages sounds more like a mini series to me.
Everything about Mom screams sh** but then there's Allison Janney. I'm so conflicted.
She's had her share of crap too, and this will be another entry in that column unfortunately.
All the comedies look unbelievably lame. I'll still check it out, but I can't imagine Hostages going beyond its 15 episode season. Intelligence does seem like a more serious/in-depth version of Chuck. ... Meghan Ory, though. Mmm!
Hostages and Intellingence seem to have a lot of potential but I won't be watching these shows because It is not the type of show I like.
we are men I'll try it
the most promising comedy will be Crazy ones, really dynamic and fun!
Hostages and Intelligence seem very interesting even though it's hard for me to grasp how Hostages will pan out as a series (sounds more like a movie) but nevertheless will still definitely check it out.

I expected to like The Millers, but boy was I wrong. It looks horrible, even though I still always love me some multi-camera (laugh-track) comedies, this one just doesn't do it for me.

Perhaps Mom looks okay, will check it out along with The Crazy Ones.
Intelligence - cos I love super spy, CIA, grown up chuck shows.
The Crazy Ones - I'm not big on comedies cos I usually hate the stupidity in them, but this was just hilarious. Looking forward to it!
WTF is wrong with CBS? While everyone else is giving viewers actual trailers they give us behind the scenes crap. Surprisingly enough, I'm not interested in any of these shows.
agreed, i didn't like that behind the scenes format.
I hope Intelligence is good. Three of my favorite things, Meghan Ory + Josh Holloway + Spy show? Yes please.
The only new CBS shows that may be getting my dvr time are Intelligence and possibly The Crazy Ones. Hostages looks ok but I don't see it working as a series. This may be sacrilege around here; I am not a big fan of Arnett and despite the television critic elitist hate on "multi-camera" comedies, I don't have a problem with them, but "The Millers" looks terrible.

So far the network with the most potential DVR space for new series is ABC. The Least is CBS.
I hate previews "behing the scene", it never gives me the desire to watch the shows, I don't see the point of seeing the ropes before being enchanted by the illusion.
i'll do Intelligence as nothing else is standing out at the moment.
i'll do Intelligence strictly for the fact i can see CBS placing it as a follow up to POI, and i ADORE POI.

Hostages? dumb. How many movie plots have we seen try this?

The Crazy Ones looks promising. Robin Williams can bug me, but I miss SMG!

Mom could go either way. I love Anna Faris, as well as the actress that plays her mom. This said, it could go the way New Normal went: ie., severe stereotyping. Let's hope they learn their lesson.

After all these previews, from all networks, who thinks that A) last years comedies were just...better, and B) Feels a lack of dramas? I mean, we're loaded up on comedies which are like, appetite ruining sugar infused snacks, so I'm just over here wondering where dinner is? Nothing strikes me as The Next Big Thing except for S.H.I.E.L.D and that's based solely on the fact that it's created by Joss Whedon.
Not a lot of new shows on cbs that I am really looking forward to but I might tune into Intelligence and the crazy ones is the only new comedy I have to see just once because I love Robin Williams. The rest can just not bother...
INTELLIGENCE - the idea look really stupid.
the crazy ones - look very interesting
I was thrilled with Fox's lineup, but CBS isn't looking so good. I'll check out Intelligence and The Crazy Ones.
Maybe Hostages and The Crazy Ones
I watched the trailer for We Are Men. It was ok, not good, not bad, just ok. Since I was leaning towards watching it, I will watch it,
Hostages looks like it would be good as a miniseries--not sure how it go on past a season--it's a maybe for me
Intellligence--looks great; already wanted to see it before he said "it's just a flesh wound"--awesome
none of the comedies interest me except maybe The Crazy Ones (robin williams is hysterically funny imo)
Somebody stole the intersect!
What the hell is wrong with CBS they are the number one network and have basically stolen/pirated/plagiarized most of these concepts. I could understand if NBC was desperate enough to make a move like this but not CBS.

Hostages - looks like it's a cross between Scandal and Homeland - I'll skip it until I see it's been picked up for a season 2, it looks god but I think 1 too many of the "Surprise Twist" were revealed in the behind the scenes, there has to be more to the series other than the concept we see or this will get boring fast 7 out of 10

Intelligence - looks like Person of Interest but the "Machine" is in his head as well as the 6 million dollar man. 8 out of 10 I'll give it a try.

We Are Men - looks like a straight up rip off of TV Land's The Exes but less funny 4 out of 10

The Millers - looks like another TV Land rip off "Retired at 35" but it looks funnier than that show which isn't that hard.

The Crazy Ones - Doesn't look like a rip off, but it also wasn't funny I love SMG (Yes I watched Ringer, Buffy, All My Children and even Swan's Crossing) so I'm a fan but this looks like a dud that is putting all it's chips on Robin Williams. 5 out of 10

Mom - Also doesn't seem like a direct rip off of something, let me know if I'm wrong; but this is the only show I will genuinely look forward to seeing. Most Chuck Lore comedies seem to make me laugh.

Very disappointing CBS and once again a sever lack of racial diversity.
I thought Mom looked like a female version of Two and a Half Men with more substance abused jokes instead of sex ones.
While the trailers for NBC's stupid new shows made me think better of (nearly) all of them, the trailers for these new CBS shows make me feel worse about all of them.

HOSTAGES
I'm not at all excited or optimistic about it and this trailer didn't do anything to change that, but I'll be giving it a try if for no other reason than to see how they'll pace the show to spread their movie-plot over multiple episodes.

INTELLIGENCE
Premise is interesting. Could be a mini POI of sorts (although their premises are completely different). Admittedly, I felt better about the show before I watched this trailer, though.

WE ARE MEN
Ehhhh. Seems like it'll be another 'BLAH' Jerry O'Connell show, which means it wont be the worst thing in the world, but not particularly good either.

MOM
Sorry, Anna Faris who I never really liked much anyway. No.

THE MILLERS
Ugh. I was planning on watching, but this trailer soured me on it. I love Will Arnett and Margo Martindale, but I'm positive even they'll suck in this kind of multi-cam sitcom.

THE CRAZY ONES
I can imagine Robin Williams annoying me pretty quickly, but I still love him and the rest of the cast. The trailer didn't do anything for me, really... but I'm hoping for the best with this one!
Load More Comments