Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)

The Upfronts are NOT over! Tagging along like a tiny caboose on a giant locomotive this morning was The CW's presentation for 2013-2014, where the network showed off its new wares. Included in the show were first looks at kids fixing a broken Earth in the future, kids with special powers stopping bad guys, and kids falling in love with aliens. Lotsa kids 'round these parts! Okay, NOW the Upfronts are over. Let's watch some trailers!

The 100 – Midseason

A bunch of juvenile delinquent kids in the future serve as a cleanup crew for a post-apocalyptic Earth... and they're all attractive!

The Tomorrow People – Wednesday at 9pm

People around the world learn they have special powers and fight bad guys... and they're all attractive!

Bonus: A clip!

Reign – Thursday at 9pm

A period-piece drama telling the story of a teenaged Mary Queen of Scots and her friends... and they're all attractive!

Bonus: A clip!

Star-Crossed – Midseason

A high-school girl falls for the new alien boy in her class after aliens come to Earth and some enroll in her high school... and everyone is attractive!

The Originals – Tuesdays at 8pm

This show is... a spinoff of The Vampire Diaries!

Bonus: A clip!

What here looks good to you?

About The Originals: This means we won't see the developing love stories of Klaus and Caroline, Rebekah and Matt, and Elijah and Katherine. Sucks!
Why clips and not trailers?
The tomorrown people= alphas, heroes, x-men and on and on...i'll give a chance because is my favorite genre, and the actor that plays the bad guy is great! palladino is it right? and star crossed = roswell maybe..
I Think I'll watch The Tomorrow People, it seems good, the rest off it, I'll wait for the review from tv.com writers.... really funny comments people
I might try em. I always try, well, at least one episode. Just like I tried revolution. Then again I might just wait for the tv.com writers to do a review and if that's not too funny THEN I might try it.
If the 100 girl does prove to be an annoying protagonist (per CW usual) please tell me we're gonna get some flashback episodes of her living in the floor.
Aimee Teegarden really...aged.
I KNOW, right? I was actually shocked that they put her in a(nother) high-school show
The 100 looks good. I will watch.
CW shows can go either way, EIther you get a really well written show like Nikita, or you get...Beauty and the Beast. What's bad is the teens tend to determine who the audience is by their word of mouth, and older folks (people stuck in their ways) miss out on a really great series.
I don't expect much from the CW anyway....possibly cos i'm old...but Reign really really REALLY looks bad :( - im a fan of period pieces and it just seems like a slap in the face. Star-Crossed seems like an updated Roswell (not necessary).....yeahh im just too old hahahhaa
Pretty much only The Tomorrow People...the rest looks really meh...
im so slow the tomorrow people is a remake of the 1970s show.i may need to see what the 1970s show mostly consit of so i can get a better ideal of this new show.people already saying it reminds them of heroes,alphas ,the 4400 and mutant x.i think all scifi shows with people who have powers are gonna always have the same element but that doesnt mean its the same.its the same genre which is why its called scifi.but the tomorrow people will got me intrigue because its a show i would watch even if it was bad lol

the tomorrow people & the originals:)
The CW really doesn't want to give us much to go on do they? They're all really short clips.

The 100: I'll probably check it out, but I feel this one could easily drop off my watch list like Revoluton did.

The Tomorrow People: Again, I'll check it out because it's the type of show I'm into, but hard to say whether or not I'll keep tuning in.

Reign: I commend The CW for daring to do something so different, but this isn't for me. Anything remotely resembling a history lesson is an instant turn off. I sort of which they had picked up The Selection instead.

Star-Crossed: What an odd premise. Might give it a look time permitting, not to into a heavy romance plot though.

The Originals: Will definitly be watchinhg. While I very much have a love hate relationship with TVD, Klaus often being in the hate part, I'm interested to see where they'll take this.
HAHAHAHA "I have a special gift to tell when a girl is pregnant" cool gift mate....
I was so pumped for the originals until that storyline cropped up.
Everything else looks terrible, star crossed could be interesting, but its disappointing that the aliens look just like humans but they've just got tatts on them. The Tomorrow People also has potential, but apart from that it looks like a pretty poor pilot season.
Well looks like the usual fare for CW. But really The 100 and The tomorrow people(very, very dumb name) may not be all that bad. At lest a one time watch to see if they are any good, and yes they are ALL ATTRACTIVE..whats new it's CW....but the others even the remake copycat Roswell one looks, well stinky....
What here looks good to you?

Everybody, it's the CW!!
Star-crossed looks like the old show Roswell...
Thought about it, too. Looks a lot like what could have happened if everybody knew they were alien.
Dejavu....
Star-Crossed looks Twilight-esque, if you replace the vampires with aliens, and replace the secrecy with.... not secrecy. So, I guess not EXACTLY Twilight
I think if CW manages to mix in the political/social implications of an open alien co-existence along with its normal mushy love stories we could get something along the lines of District 9 meets a normal CW show... which actually might not suck. But knowing CW, this probably won't happen.
The Tomorrow People looks really good I'll definilty watch. The 100 looks ok, I hope the show is a lot better than the clip. Reign looks like it could be good, I also hope it's better than the clip. And Start Crossed looks bad. I'll watch The Tomorrow People, and give The 100 and Reign a shot before I decide if it's any good, but I will not watch Star Crossed cause again it just looks bad.
all not impressing, the 100 not even show what is all about. The Original and Tomorrow ppl, really need a very very good story to survive otherwise they will sink really fast. Star-crossed idea remind me of Roswell, but unless they got a reason to come to earth and study at high school, the idea seem really stupid.
Its more of a Yes yes yes more Pheobe Tonkin
The only show I don't intend to watch is Star-Crossed. But I admit with both Reign and The Originals I'm more interested in the shows because of the cast. For Reign: Adelaide Kane, Anna Popplewell and Caitlin Stasey and for The Originals: Leah Pipes as I haven't really watched Vampire Diaries. The promo for The 100 was kind of meh but hopefully the pilot is better since the premise sounds interesting. The Tomorrow People looks awesome, but I would be worried about the effects and the budget. Star-Crossed might look cooler if the Aliens looked Alien not like humans with weird rashes. I guess my idea of alien has been really changed by Defiance and what Syfy and Trion Worlds has accomplished.
The Tomorrow People is the only one that interested me so far...
Some look good, the others look like a cancellation waiting to happen! Firstly the good: 1) The Originals: Vampire Diaries spinoff...enough said. 2) The Tomorrow People: Decent premises, nice effects, cool powers, if the writing is good, then why not? Good sci fi series all welcomed! and now the bad: 1) Reign: ??? Are they serious? From where to start? Bad acting, bad premises, the video promoting the series sucked, and I am no historian, but aren't they supposed to have a scottish accent? Plus, it reminds me of a Downton Abbey badly made ripoff. Cancelled after the first three episodes! 2) Star-Crossed: Video sucked, actors too old for high school (The guy graduated from 90210 high school three seasons ago and even then he was mid 20s.. I think), the idea behind the show is not very strong to stand out and I think it will be also cancelled, but will have its first season, cause theCW will not realize it on time!
..and I just realized, I forgot to mention the 100... It's THAT memorable!
"The Tomorrow People" looks awesome. I am afraid that the CW doesn't have a high enough budget for the powers to manifest in a cool away, which was the big problem with "Alphas". Hopefully they will be able to embrace the whole hero vs. villain, good vs. evil, "having powers is awesome" idea that makes "superhero" stories good and enjoyable.
for the 100, would have been cooler if when the girl stepped out of the ship, and yelled 'we're back' that she got snatched by an evolved predator of some sort. Cut to the title. And throw in some regular joes for God's sake!
Yeh I was really hoping as she stepped on this earth it was a trap of some sort and a spear was going to stab her. Worst trailer ever.
that's what I was thinking!!! :-)
I was expecting THAT to happen and nothing! :P
check out this new trailer
That is a lot better! However it looks like a mix between a poorly shot horror movie and terra nova which isn't very enticing.
Now THIS trailer makes the show look great! - thanks
None of these trailers were actually long enough to make up my nind whether they were good enough to sit down and watch. The Tomorrow People looks intrigueing, but not sure if that's because I might be interested in seeing what the Americans have done to a show I loved watching as a kid. Even though it already looks as though there is a lot more flash and bang than the original, I'll look beyond that and pay attention to the story and the characters.
The 100: Well, I will keep an open mind and watch it. The main subject is interesting however the teens there to start a new world isn't... Nevertheless will give it a shot.

The Tomorrow People: Finally, something might worth watching after so many shows that I like has been cancelled over the years. I will watch it.

Reign: Two words; not interested.

Star-Crossed: District 9 is back as a TV-Show? Well I didn't like District 9 much but I will give it a shot.

The Originals: Oh c'omooon! Enough with chick flick vampire, werewolf, witch etc. stuff already! Darn you Twilight!

Since Stargate Universe was cancelled and there is no SG show on TV after so many years ( I piratically grew up with SG) I kind a had a thirst for good sci-fi show. I still couldn't crunch my thirst!
Great job CW! CW and Fox have a great lineup. I plan to watch them all.
if CW wants to be taken seriously they need to make better trailers. I still remember their trailer for Arrow, it got me hooked because it had a fair amount of meat in it. Just to add, now they have both Stephen Amell and Robbie Amell on the same network. I used to think they were brothers lol.

The 100: Ridiculously small clip, I would expect this clip after a couple of full-length trailers not the other way around. What are we supposed to gather from that? The concept sounds interesting though.

The Tomorrow People: did better than all the other shows, it looked awesome in that one clip and looks like the most awaited one this fall.

Reign: ummm...this looks like period drama meets gossip girl. If they hadn't kept mentioning her name as Mary Queen of Scotts, I would have assumed we are watching another gossip girl like show set in a renaissance fair. CW needs to stick to superhero/aliens.

Star-crossed: far too lovey dovey for me and I gathered this from a 2 minute clip. Imagine how overdosed, I would be after a 25 minute episode.

The Originals: Vampire Diaries is on my list of shows I intend to try watching in the future, until I do so, originals is not on my list.
The 100: completely agree!

The Tomorrow People: completely agree!

Reign: completely agree and let me add...zzzzzzzz!

Star-crossed: agree, but without more than just that little clip, it's hard to tell if there is a story there other than the goofy high-school romance.

The Originals: This is one of my most anticipated shows for next year. I found the first couple seasons of TVD to be only ok, but now, the originals (characters) are my fav characters on the show. With them moving to their own show, I believe The Originals (show) will be better than TVD. The Vampire Diaries without the original family...is just a bizarre love triangle and a witch.
the 100=haha what a strange trailer, "sniffs, we're back!" i don't know what to make of this.
i guess it got me interested enough to check it out.

the tomorrow people=looks like the matrix, i'm not super excited or passing on it just yet, need to watch a couple episodes.

reign=thankfully there are bonus clips, these trailers are too short. so far none of the main actors are getting me interested but all 3 shows look decent enough to where i'd watch some episodes.

star-crossed=roswell 2.0? wasn't feeling the aliens, they looked like convicts of anything... on initial impression but i'll watch a few eps.

the originals=looks decent enough, i'll check it out.

overall a decent lineup i'd say, nothing that stands out or looks amazing and most of the actors taking the lead in the trailers didn't catch my eye in any way but nothing looked really bad either so..
Ok, The 100 looks nowhere near as good as the premise sounds.
The actresses look pretty good to me lol

But seriously, The Tomorrow People and Starcrossed look like they might be ok
Only interested in The Originals. I might give the others a shot, but by the looks of it, they just want to engage teens in boring, non original soaps. Give the audience more credit!
And The Originals is original and not boring? Oh and of course not for teens? I wonder which world you live in?
TO is not original, don't twist my words. But these are characters I've grown attached to, and that's why I'm interested in the show. And have you seen TDV lately? That show should be rated M. There's a high school, but please. They didn't even go there, thank goodness they "graduated" now.
God I seriously hate this guy, YOUR FIRED, or at least I would like that. I don't even have to look at the name of the poster, I start reading and instantly get annoyed, YAK YAK YAK "and there all attractive!" God be more annoying!
Looking forward to seeing what they'll do with The Originals. I see Liam from 90210 has gone back to playing a high school kid in Star Crossed LOL. Tomorrow People, they've been there and done that with Heroes so not sure how they are going to improve on it. The 100 - Where on earth are they going with that I wonder? Not interested in Reign. Of course now the question is, how many of them will they cancel before the seasons even half over????
OUAT's Alice in Wonderland spinoff is starting to look a lot better than VD's spinoff.

Also... Mary, Queen of Scots just looks awful. Looks boring. Is this a mini-series or something?
Looking foward to The Originals,Reign
These are all of the new shows planned by the CW? I mean is there anything left without a trailer?
OMG they are all so ....beautiful!
I Love em all!
Reign?! NO WAY! Not even mit Megan Follows (Anne of Green Gables) in it. Please, somebody rescue her! Immediately!
The rest I don't care either.
Seriously? Matt Lanter just left 90210 and it seems as if he just put on some funny make-up to play Liam Court, again.
I might give Tomorrow People a chance. Alphas isn't coming back but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Is this a sign that I'm getting too old or perhaps for the Apocalypse?
All of these might be fine, but I am guessing:
100 will be a terribly boring teeny drama without any respect for scifi story telling or earth itself
Same for Starcrossed, maybe a little better because it is not trying to not be a soap
Reign might be good, if they care enough for the characters.
The tomorrow people:I see another Defiance here. Promise, but not living up to it in the least.
Originals: Incredibly awesome, duh. You forgot to mention that Elysia is gonna be awesome on it too.
starcrossed is giving me a bit of that district 9 vibe. I mean nowhere near as awesome but kind of that same idea. anyone else?

I wrote exactly the same in my comment below :)

I definitely got District 9 vibe while I was watching Star-Crossed trailer. Looks like "Stay still, alien. If you move we'll kill you" kind of thing. Fingers crossed!
*quiet voice: I see attractive people. lol. NO complaints about that.

- The 100: That's just who they'd send out to clean up the earth after an apocalypse. Hormonal, insecure, overconfident, rebellious, messed up teenagers with no parental supervision. Yea, they're going to get so much work done. I'm definitely tuning in.

- The Tomorrow People: Horrible name, but it looks really interesting. I'll give it a shot.

- Reign – I don't believe in the CW's ability to keep a period piece going, but i'll have nothing else doing on thurs at 9, so I'll keep an open mind and watch.

- Star-Crossed: lol. Ha! rotfl! Aliens who look exactly like humans except for some cool tattoos, come to earth and enroll in high school. oh CW.

- The Originals – Tuesdays at 8pm. One word, Klaus. I'm watching. I'd watch that guy read the dictionary.

One question though. Where's the trailer for The Selection?!
The Tomorrow People is based on the original UK tv series that aired in the 70's which was superb. So we'll see.
I think it has finally happened, I have grown up. I watched all of those and thought 'What a load of poo poo kaka pants'.
I don't mind attractiveness which is casting 101,but talent.Most will fail in sustaining the test of time anda very few will be making it and I hope the youngest Amell will be among them which is why I will watch the Tomorrow People. I will cross my fingers and hope it's good and different from the defunct Heroes.
All nice shows, now could they make them without the kids and with ugly grownups instead? And aliens and all they could think of is make them regular people with tattoos?
These trailers are not long enough to give an accurate impression. Still, this is my thoughts on these shows:
‘Reign’ is the one I look forward to the most. While I don’t really know what it’s about, it looks very interesting. The scenes in the clips was also beautifully shot. (Regbo is a treat too. Haha!) That last line intrigued me.

I also found the ‘Star-Crossed’ clip interesting—alien shows are always fun.

Annoyingly, the video for ‘The 100’ really said nothing. But I’m curious about it.

‘The Tomorrow People’ looks good, but like a show I might easily get tired of. I hope that’s not the case!

‘The Originals’ I don’t care for at all. I’m just glad Klaus won’t be in TVD anymore!
Phoebe Tonkin in The Originals. Good enough reason to watch the whole show? Or can I fill my Phoebe quota just by watching pictures of her on-line? What a dilemma.
Load More Comments