Well, Entourage Is Over; Were You Satisfied with the Series Finale?

Entourage

How do you really end a series like Entourage and make everyone happy? Actually, the show literally could have ended a thousand different ways and it wouldn’t have made much of a difference, as Entourage was never really a show about plot, or character development. Entourage was a show about a certain, heady feeling you get when you mix friendship, fame, and conspicuous consumption. Everything else was ancillary—including even sex, which the guys would talk about often, but never get particularly specific or passionate about. No, you always got the feeling with Entourage that the ultimate state of being was just hanging with one’s best buddies. Brahs, not bras.

That said, the series finale managed to hit its sentimental marks. Vince has returned from a date with Sophia—the British Vanity Fair reporter presented to us as someone far too smart and sophisticated to fall for a guy like Vince—to announce that the two were engaged. Right. Well, that rung about as true as anything else to ever befall Vinnie, including his ability to convincingly play Aquaman. So why not? Sophia is “the one” (though haven’t we heard that before?), and “the one” was left sitting outside in the car for much of the episode while her husband-to-be rounded up the troops for a wedding in Paris.

A pregnant Sloan, meanwhile, is moving east and wants nothing to do with Eric, who she suspects has slept with her stepmother, Melinda Clark as Herself (which he has). But Vinnie put on his best puppy-dog face and convinced her to stay with E. I wonder what will happen once she finds out he really did sleep with Melinda?

Finally, Ari is a man undone, trying to come to grips with Mrs. Ari’s divorce filing. But over the course of the episode, including a couples’ therapy session presided over by SNL’s Nora Dunn, we see that Ari’s family really did come first, even if he had a tendency to indulge his workaholic tendencies. He abandons the agency and begs for Mrs. Ari’s forgiveness as an El Divo-type singing group serenades her outside their house. Love conquers all.

The series ends on a runway, with two chartered jets—one carrying Vince, his bride-to-be, and his wedding party (including Turtle and Drama, who spend most of the episode in the background like little love-tinkering Shakespearean woodland nymphs) board one. And Eric boards the other, where Sloan, in a ravishing red dress, awaits her diminutive babydaddy. Destination: anywhere they want to go. It’s on Vinnie.

And if you stuck around for the coda, set at the Golds’ seaside vacation in Italy, you got two bonuses. One was an extended rear view of Mrs. Ari, aka actress Perrey Reeves, wearing a skimpy bikini. It may have taken seven seasons to learn her first name (Melissa), but rest assured, there’s very little about Mrs. Ari now left to the imagination. The second was a plot development: Ari's been offered the top position at a major media conglomerate. It’s a chance to be “god,” he explains—both wealth and power-wise—and it clearly intrigues him. Perhaps that’s where the proposed big-screen reunion will pick up, with Ari now positioned as one of the most powerful men in the world. In the context of the series, however, it offered a welcome respite from the non-stop onslaught of shmaltz. In the end, Ari just wants to be our superhero. And that’s okay.

Yeah. Oh, yeah. Oh, yeah...

What did you think of the series finale? Were you satisfied with how the show ended?

Loved it all, thought the last episode was good. Disappointed it is over, don't really want to see the movie I just want the series to keep on going but I guess unfortunately all good things must come to an end. I want to be vinnie chase!
It really sucks that it's finally over. I looked forward to watching it every week. Now what am I gonna do?? It was one of the best shows ever!!! I never missed an episode, so I guess now I have to start over and watch it from the begining and pray for the movie. I would like to thank the cast for all the laughs along the way....
You can watch Californication. That show is just as good if not better than Entourage.
While I am very sad that the series is over, I thought the series finale was handled well. It is hard to wrap up such a tumultuous group of characters. I didn't want the finale to be cheesy but I did want everyone to be back on top and happy. I also like that they hinted to possible plot points for the movie because now I have hope that the movie will actually be made and made well. It was a fun 8 years but like all great series... it must come to an end so that it can be truly appreciated.
It was a decent ending. Sucks its over, but it hasnt been as good as it use to be. I was still in love with it and hope the movie actually gets pushed ahead.
Waiting for the movie. A great end to a great TV Serial. Big ups to the writers,producers and all the crew members.
It was Awesome! I hope the rumor of becoming a Movie IS TRUE!
Mrs. Ari's ribs were far too visible in that coda shot (though I admit it was hard to look past her butt).
it was exactly what i expected.
D'aw, I was hoping they all just died in the end (in a plane crash), well except Ari.
I really liked the set up for the movie after the credits. I'm looking forward to it.

POLL: Are you looking forward to the upcoming 'Entourage' movie?

Vote: http://www.wepolls.com/p/2486761
Interesting episode but expected more. In the final moments of this episode it was like a Disney story. Everyone lived happily ever after.
I felt like it was just "Hey, we need to clean up all these loose ends. So let's just throw together a whole bunch of happy endings in half an hour and we'll be done". Ari's ending was the only one that was particularly satisfying to me - including the bit at the end after the credits. Vince and Sophia getting married was the most ridiculous thing of all though - this girl is presented as being FAR too level headed to marry Vince after one 24 hour date, so it really seemed thrown in. Pity, because I was actually pretty happy with this season, otherwise. Feels like they could've done about 3 more episodes to really tidy everything up without having to jam it all into one episode though.
A bit dissapointing really, the ending just seemed thown together with Vince getting married to someone who had only been around for 5 minutes. The E story was a little more credible, as was the Drama/Dice subplot. They just have to make Johnny's Bannanas, I think it would make a terrific show! Definately room for a movie here, Entourage is always entertaining although not always at its best, lets hope they put the effort into the movie and make it special. (flashabck of Drama humping that women in the bunny suit!)
Well, that was about as comic book as you can get... It carries a message that whatever your poisons and pitfalls (and money and fame), love and family wins out in the end. It's not realistic, but it's what soccer moms would want. However, it was far, far too much for a single 30 minute episode. All in all, a poor episode, but I've enjoyed the run with the boys. RIP.

They really pulled it together this season.

After last season's inexplacably dark turn, the show got back to doing what we love - it gave us really likeable characters who we want to root for, and who we're happy for when they get their happy ending. Between Vince holding on to Turtle's Avion stock, Lloyd's emotional farewell to Ari and Johnny's big break, we got some really great endings to peripheral characters (though I would have liked to see one final scene with Billy). I love that it didn't end with Vince getting an exciting new movie role - we've already seen that many times. And finally, I love that the main story ended with Eric and Sloan, as we sometimes forget that Eric is really the main character, not Vince.

It wasn't the greatest series finale ever, but I really liked it and I'm really happy that I stuck around until the end.
It will be a movie, after the end credits there is a hidden clip with Ari. Sad that the show is over and the end was like season 7 (or 6 hmm?).
i am a big fan of entourage but season 8(8 episodes.. really???) was a slap and spit on the face of fans...
I loved the ending. for those that think Sloan doesn't know E and Melinda slept together; as if she doesn't, she knows full well he did. For those that think the characters were out of the ordinary; are you crazy?

Ari- impulsive, all about himself. So he gives up his share of the business to ensure his marriage survives. The difference between this and his normal impulses is only that he decided family meant more than business.

Vince - has always made decisions with the outlook that things will work out in the end. And that seems to be the theme for the series finale. So he has made another snap decision with this outlook in mind.

E, Drama, and Turtle don't really have much resolution. We know Drama has a movie being made, and E is on a flight with Sloan, and that Turtle is a millionaire. But does Turtle open his Don Pepe's? And can E convince Sloan to get back together. These may be questions we have in mind, but most of us look at it with Vince's perspective and think only good things can come from this.

This ending was great because it followed the previous season finale's with either something good or bad happening, and a question or 2 waiting to be answered. And really would any of us be happy if everything was answered for us? If Sloan was not there and E got on the plane with the rest we would be asking what happens with the child. And there is no way those 2 would sort everything out in the 1 episode. So no, this ending was a good one for those reasons, and because it leaves some expectations for a movie should it be made. And I do hope they make one.
not quite satisfying except for Ari, but not all that bad...hopefully the movie will resolve the rest, But still, this was a good show in its day, it was time for it to leave though
I was satisfied with Ari, minus the giving away his half of the business, which didn't make any sense. Everything else happened too fast. Especially the marriage. If they do make a movie, I'm sure I could pass on it. All in all it didn't really satisfy me, but I'm glad it's over.
Wonderful ending, but not the one the crew deserves. Two questions on the movie: Will it come to pass? Will the writers break their cycle of good / bad times for Vince and give the boys a great future? And what of Vince's Oscar, doesn't he deserve one?

If this episode hadn't been the series end, this would be a really great and interesting episode, but it is the ending *and* a movie can not fix this ending!! No way an 1.5 to 2 hour movie can fix this ending PLUS give Vince the career he deserves. I'd buy into it if the movie was a mini-series ending, but it's not. Maybe a longer season with a movie shot at the time would work, but that's not what happened.

On the positive side and yes this episode is really fun, exciting, and worth watching I enjoyed it. In fact, I didn't want it to end it was so GREAT! While some would say the characters aren't themselves, I can only say grow up - as the characters are growing up and becoming better. In fact, these changes should have been in season six maybe seven (but not season eight). One can't go back (unfortunately) and change it, so it is what it is, isn't it?

I must say this ending for most of the characters is OUTSTANDING!! I'll say a PERFECT 10! The actors are wonderful and clearly deserve all the industry praise and awards available (e.g. Emmy, Golden Globe, etc).

Honestly, now that I think about it . . . I mean what can happen in it that is better for the guys, which is why the movie now bothers me. Well, think about it. The writer's (or is it the producers') typical style has been to take the life and career of Vince in waves. He goes up and then down the next, followed by up and then down.

Where can a movie next take Vince and his gang? Personally, I want to see them end on a high note. A no hold positive note is how it should end. While this ending fails to meet this criteria is it positive and would the writers / producers really write / give us yet more positive stuff during a movie? (I hope the answer is yes for the Entourage deserves it.)

Should there be a movie an Emmy or two for Drama would be outstanding!

To those who in real life nominate and vote on the Emmy: This show, its cast, writers, and producers really do deserve a clean sweep this year! Please give it to them.

The final season was not long enough, honestly, eight episodes after eight seasons just doesn't do justice to viewers.
Didnt like it ended at all.
So grateful it's all over! This last episode really showed the talents of all actors concerned!
Looks like someone down there is jealous Mrs Ari's ass is def much better then hers lol :P I loved this show from beginning to end, although very inconsistent at times. Can tell the writers seemed to slow down and give up near the end. I wished that going into the movie there would be a bit more drama instead of a feel good ending. Should leave the feel good ending for the movie!
Sure, the woman has a great ass, it's better than most her age and mine. But I don't need it up in my face for 5 minutes.
Finally... 4 seasons too late.
Finsh?? What finish. I smell spin-off!!
I got to admit I was a little disappointed. I had high expectations for the finale and it didn't quite live up to them. I think the writers felt they couldn't give the show a real conclusion, and there still be a possibility for a movie. I really hope the movie gets made, but it's a long shot that it actually does (I'm still waiting on the Sopranos movie, the Deadwood movies, and the Rome movie). A show this great deserved a better finish. The whole episode I was expecting the marriage to be a joke. I guess the joke was on me.
I know right !!! Or even a Turtle spin off .. Then they could all do camio's. @sodapopgirl721 I loved all the previous seasons of Entourage .. This season just didn't compare or live up to all the previous ones .. just seemed like a big let down , imo .
I foresee a Ari spin-of
Considering the kind of show that Entourage is then this was an adequate ending and even more so since there's gonna be an Entourage movie at some point. An entertaining finale for an entertaining show. Also Ari and Eric should've hug it our at the end LOL
I fully expected them to go with a feel good ending where everybody ends up relatively happy, but it was just so rushed, forced, and slightly corny. The biggest offender was probably Vince getting engaged to Sophia. Seriously?! Sophia was only on the show for a few episodes so she wasn't very developed as a character, but the few qualities that had been portrayed were completely thrown out for this finale. I also expected both E and Sloan, and Ari and Mrs. Ari to get back together, but both of those also felt rushed and a tad corny. Oh well. I'll probably watch the movie, especially if it's more focused on Ari.
I think the end was good. A bit forced in some ways but they had to wrap it up so it's ok. I even cried a bit when Ari and the wife got back together. The last part was great, a spin off featuring Ari Gold as God would be a success.
okay it pisses me off all the comments on here on how they hate the show to begin with, so kindly stfu. i;ve always been a fan of entourage and i wasnt satisfied with the finale by a long shot. it wasnt as bad as like the gilmore girls finale, but it was close and a similar situation: a show that didnt get the ending it deserved. first off, the e and sloan plot: theyre really ending it with her not knowing e and melinda slept together? thats the equivalent of season 7 ending with him screwing over her godfather to get revenge on her father. its like if there was another season, it;d pick up with them having split up but trying to be amicable for the kids sake. the vince plot felt stupid because we never actually got to see him and sophia being "in love" we saw him try to impress her and then BOOM! theyre together forever. the only redeeming moment was the ari stuff, like the conversation he had with lloyd was really sweet. the show was great up until this last year and it even had its moments but the ending sucked it leaves you praying there;ll be a movie.
@sodapopgirl721... I'd say maybe 2 of the 8 people who commented before you kind of indicated they "hate the show to begin with." If you're going to whine about something, at least have the slightest sensible reason for doing so.
Yeah I agree, pretty weak. It didn't seem like a series finale, not really even a season finale. But you can tell they are setting things up for the movie. I thought the Vinnie/British tightass engagement was ridiculous. He can supposedly get any woman he wants and he ends up with her? Nevermind her lacking personality, she looks like she's 15 years older than him. And Mrs. Ari's ass was disgusting. That lady seriously needs to put on at least 10 pounds. Almost as disgusting was that tacky white dress she was wearing all episode with the big cutout in the chest. Uh hi, Tina Turner called...

Overall it was so so at best. Sad when you think about how great a show it was once upon a time. And don't argue - it really was!
Dude Mrs. Ari is bangalangin!
The best part of the finale was the commercial for "Hung" that aired before it. Made me realize HBO does have better much better comedies than this unfunny waste of time.
IMO , this season should not have been done .. was just to fulfill the contract? Vague and non important or non relevant plot lines .. not like previous seasons .. Very disappointed !!!!!!
What a fantastically terrible way to end it. It was a great series up till the last season and it was even doing ok until these fucking hack writers ended the season with a conclusion that looked to be drawn up by throwing piles of feces at a white wall until you could read a script in it.
Hell No!!!!!
The entire series is boring. It was like Arliss, as soon as it came on I changed the channel. too much D-baggery for one show.
As it's been said for the rest of the season, more of the same. It was a regular episode of the show, with more of a "feel good" ending.