What Are the Worst Shows of the Decade?

There's nothing like mid-December, when the airwaves are full of reruns and Christmas specials and the internet is full of year-end lists. Since 2009 also marks the end of this decade, AOL recently compiled the 40 Worst TV Shows of the 2000s. We're a little unsure about a few of the rankings—we were surprised to see Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, one of our "shows that were canceled too soon" picks, and disappointed that I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! somehow ranked better than Joey. But we also think they assembled a comprehensive list and were happy to see they included both Cavemen and Brothers.

What do you think? Did AOL insult any of your favorites or forget any doozies? Which TV shows do you think are the worst of the decade?

I never understood how Yes, Dear got on the air and then stayed on for as long as it did & can now be seen in SYNDICATION! One unfunny guy wearing a baseball cap all the time since he's obviously vain about his hair loss and one female character who blimped up big time half way through season one does not make for winning TV. My only thought was that it may have appealed to some left coast viewers but its content was totally lost on this boomer from Brooklyn, NY. It was never funny & the story lines never made any sense.
I loved Joey. If more people had seen the second season, the show would have survived. I kind of liked Stacket too, but I can see, why it didn't survived; But calling it one of the worst series of 2000-2009, No way!

The rest, I have no problem with, they are horrible

Shows i missed, on the lidt

Numbers, That show is boring
I love Studio 60 :(
Wth
CN is full of them.Johnny Test,Secret Saturdays and Stoked.But for real,Oobi,Keeping up with the Kardashians and other baby show.
I knew Joey would never work, though I think I did watch the first episode, you know, just to be nice. I felt bad for him. Although it wasn't good, I gaurantee it was better than 80% of reality tv. I hate that those stupid shows keep popping up everywhere. I don't know who watches them? Who? I don't include every reality show, because I actually love Top Chef, and I know lots of people who love So You Think You Can Dance? So I'm not saying there's no such thing as good reality tv programming. I'm just saying there's ALMOST no such thing. Notice that the two shows I just mentioned show extremely talented people doing things they spent years training to learn how to do. That's the secret of good reality tv. . . Actual people with talent. Which, now that I think about it, is the secret of all good tv. . . (i.e. talented actors and writers on scripted shows) Other than that, I've never seen a single episode of any of these, though I keep meaning to go back and watch Studio 60. This list has not driven me away from that goal. I love Matthew Perry, and I've heard nothing but good things about it until seeing this list.
stargate universe is the worst show I've ever seen in my life..never before have I been so repulsed by a show ,It's actors and the horrible writing...it's supposed to be a syfy show but has no syfy in it....it has turn the syfy channel into a bunch of soap opera fans...yea syfy with gay men and women,adultery,affairs wife stealing,politics...really the worst show I've ever seen...and the writers and producers don't care so down the toilet the show goes...writers who write for themselves and what they like are like comedians who laugh at there own jokes when nobody else finds them funny..just a bunch of idiots
What the hell is Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and According To Jim doing on that list?!?!!?!? Both were/are brilliant shows! Bah Humbug to that list.
I guess MSNBC, CNN, and ABC don't count as fictional shows. They woulda owned this one.
I liked Cavemen. Frankly, I thought that it was unique, smart, refreshing and entertaining. It had an 'aliens live among us' vibe to it. BTW I wasn't, nor am I now, a fan of the insurance commercial from which the seed of an idea for the show germinated. However, I'm tired of the pseudo-intellectual blowhards with their witless contempt for scathing social satire when they are the prime target of such commentary. You know who you are. The show aimed at being funny on many levels and hit its mark every episode. I think that the many cultural themes and social issues the cavemen and cavewomen encountered were spot on. Many minorities and just plain outsiders actually have to deal with those exact problems on a daily basis as they try to integrate into the social network where they live and work. It's hard to blend in when you look so different from the general population. I think that too many middle to upper class viewers couldn't handle some of the conflicts presented about cavemen and normals coexisting. They saw themselves as the focus of the jokes and central cause to the cavemen's problems. Some of the cavemen shaved and manicured themselves to fit in better. The cavemen were always having to conform. They had to compromise their ideals, culture, and ethics to fit in. Wow! Cavemen with ethics! Their consciences seemed far superior to main stream society. How bizare! No wonder they annoyed so many 'persons.' The subtext of interracial (interspecies?) sex was also somewhat disturbing to the mores of comtempory TV viewers. I can see why. I know too many persons whom still cringe at the thought of a black man kissing a white woman. Most of the cavemen were against interracial dating, however. Most saw it as a potential threat to the already fragile public relations. They were sporty too. They enjoyed memberships in Country Clubs. They went to church. They owned businesses. And a few also were slackers just like real folks. All in all I considered Cavemen a diversion from all the other mundane, contemporary sitcoms that employed laugh machines, pathetic voice-overs, pratfalls, bathroom humor, and other plot devices meant to simulate actual comedy. Despite a few stereotypical characters I thought that most had well thought out personalities worthy of developing. They had motivations and dreams just like 'us.' We all might have related to them one day had the show not been cancelled. But most of a potential audience never saw even on episode. I missed the first one but a friend told me it had been hilarious. So, I Tivoed the next episode and, yes, I Tivoed every episode thereafter. It was a tiny gem in a pile of manure left behind by the over-fed and flatuant competition. Sadly, we'll never get to see a spin off like, Star Trek: The Next Generation, After Mash, Stargate: Atlantis, or Scrubs. RIP my scruffy brothers...one day the rest of us may evolve. But until then the majority of we Homo Erectus-types don't deserve to occupy the same evolutionary scale as the nobel Neanderthals.
I agree, any reality show. How about Tila Tequila?
I thought tv.com liked Cavemen. What's with the sudden cheap shot?
I cannot take a list seriously when it leaves a show like Hank or Til Death off the list and puts Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip on it. Frankly, Studio 60 was pulling better ratings than almost every show NBC has on now and was overlooked by critics cause NBC promoted it as a full-on comedy rather than a drama with comedic elements. Frankly, if it was still on the air, not only would it be in its fourth season and winning multiple emmy's, but it'd be the smartest show NBC has on its air.

Once again, a show that was too smart for network tv. It's was badly placed after Deal or No Deal and Heroes which we all know appeal to a much younger demographic or people of the same mindset.
loved studio 60 on the sunset strip...thought kyle xy was quiet boring..
Studio 60 is one of the best shows of the decade in my opinion. I would have put "the class" among this list though.
Joey was not that bad and they missed all Reality Shows. I really could care less what these people do. Your life must be so boring that you would need to follow someone else's life (Keeping Up with the Kardashian's, John and Kate, etc.). Who cares where and what they do?? No offense to anyone who follows these shows but should have made the list.
Like many others, I find it humorous that I've heard of some of these shows but never watched them. I didn't see Real World, Road Rules, My Big Red-Neck Wedding or Cowboy U on the list ... but then again, AOL would have to subscribe to cable too see them.
Every One Loves Raymond - absolutely vile show, hate it with venom. Every ep sees Deb having a justifiable grievance with Raymond or another of his family, but she takes it a smidgin too far and ends up apologising for her 'unreasonable' behaviour and thus nothing ever changes. Hate it hate it hate it.
So first thought... or more like question, while looking through the list is... What does it mean if I haven't even heard of the majority of these shows until now? But then that leads to... What does it mean if I never even watch the majority of the shows that I did hear of? But there was one show that I did like, KathandKim. Truely that might have been one of the only shows on that list that I even bothered to watch!
What about "Hank" from this Year...,
I an honestly say I never watched a minute of the "Worst Shows"...not sure what that means however!!
There are so many bad shows that it is easier to list the good ones! Then of course there needs to be a category for the GOOD ONES which were cancelled in favour of the many bad shows. Who actually gets to vote meaningfully for any of these categories? I'd include literally all of the reality shows as an indicator of social decline in our world...it's interesting that I realize how judgemental I feel toward someone when they rave about some of these reality shows. I begin to think, "ok, what else am I missing about this person's interests and values?" This may be harsh and unfair and I certainly don't take a vocal stand on it with friends, but.... I agree with so many of the contributors on here regarding some of the good shows that we lost in favor of things like Family Guy! Studio 60? Women's Murder Club? SHARK? I think we're also reaching a super-saturated point with violence on shows like Criminal Minds, L&O: SVU, where the stories just seem be become more horrific as we gradually need more bizarre stories to top the last perversion dealt with. I'm not a prude by a long shot, but we could do with a few more "nice" shows that I can enjoy watching with 11-year-old grandkids.
and another thing how about survivor the show that started the biggest demise of television since the gong show.
i dont understand what people expected knight rider to be. no it wasnt great but it was knight rider it was supposed to be bad and loved because of how bad it was. studio 60 doesnt belong anywhere close to this list, it was one of the best shows ever made and it is still rediculous that they canceled it. that and firefly should still be on.
Jon & Kate Plus Eight. If ever there was validation for birth control this show is certainly it. These people cranking out multiple babies (with help) need to stop and rethink their lives.
Does anyone remember the show about the two guys with mullet hair cuts? That was BAD!!!
My only problem? The list is far too short.
My worst shows are DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, any REAL HOUSEWIVES, AMERICAN IDOL, LOST, JOEY, and GREY'S ANATOMY.
American Idol and any dancing show makes Cavemen look like The Godfather.
Let's see, where do I start? DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, any fantasy show including Superman, vampires, werewolves, rich teenagers.... Outer space dramas such as BSG, V, etc. ACCORDING TO JIM (I will never understand how it has lasted so long!) JOHN & KATE PLUS 8 and the "drama" that inevitably followed...almost any reality show except AMERICAN IDOL...my mind reels with all the possibilities for such a list.
Charmed
comon joey wasnt that bad at all. if you take it as a stand alone show. its even a good one. ppl didnt really gave it a chance and its much better then other shows I saw. same for studio 60. and Paradise Hotel is much better then flavor of love and a lot of others. this list wasnt really the worst it was the most disappointing or degrading forf the most part. because, I saw a lot worst
Where are the "Shot at Love" series? Tila Tequila was bad enough, but the last incarnation with those trailer trash twins was AWFUL!
I love Legend of the Seeker! Finally a cool fantasy show. And don't bask reality shows, I love them! Okay, maybe not those island shows. I generally don't watch bad shows, because I just watch one ep and then next week I have no idea what it was, so I just don't watch it anymore. I was actually surprised that in the US they had the "Are You Hot?" thing. I sometimes see it here in the local version and I'm totally grossed out. Who in the world would subject themselves to that?
Oh, but two shows that I actually started to watch and only after like 5 eps did I decide it sucked were The Priviledged and 90210. The ideas weren't bad, but they over-moralised. The good thing about Gossip Girl is that they don't over-moralise it.
i fell that knight rider, the legends of the seeker and the chick shows like 90210 should be named in the list
I think that updated Bionic Woman show should be on the list. Katie Sackoff was the only thing good about that show. I wish they would stop remaking old TV shows that were decent to begin with. Except for Battlestar Galactica, of course.

According to Jim has lasted a pretty long time for a "bad" TV show. I never cared for it, but I don't know if it's "bad". Brothers is actually tolerable, but not a preferred show of mine.

I liked "That 80's Show" mostly because it was set in my home town and I was the same age as the characters in the show were supposed to be. But, it was pretty bad.
I could agree with that list... except #9 According to Jim, I wasn't a big fan of the show, but it was somewhat amusing, shouldn't have been ranked so high on the list. Heck, for the most part I didn't even remember hearing about most of them. There are sooooo many more titles that should be on there, most reality shows should be on that list.
What about the REALLY dumb shows? Like Family Guy, that makes you feel like your brain cells are literally DYING. And pretty much everything on MTV.
As on every list, they're pretty subjective, but we all have to agree on this: a 40 shows list is way too short. It should have been no less than 100.
Most reality shows should be on the list, including American Idol, The Biggest Loser and Dancing with the Stars.
Lucky Louie was a great show..
I can't believe they'd list that and not that abortion that is "eastbound and down"
I think shows likeSpiderman unlimited should be on the list
There are too many shows that should be on that list, but I do believe that Kath & Kim shouldn't be there. And I believe that Knight Rider should be number 1 as the worst remake ever!
Worst show must be the remake of V.
There's too many to choose as the worst: lame comedies, survivor shows, reality shows, like " Living Gotti", were revolting.
Haven't even heard of most of them.

Joey was pretty damn awful though.

I'm A Celebrity USA is awful, but the English one is one of the only reality shows I like.
I totally disagree with anyone claiming Stargate Universe should be included!

But what about "Jon and Kate plus 8"..."The Simple Life"..."Toddlers and Tiaras"..."Celebrity Rehab"?
Stacked was funny ! I love According to Jim ! Joey wasn't that bad and hey Britney is my idol !!! That show was entertaining even though it only had 5 episodes :P But the rest of the shows on that list, I agree with :)
Was Stargate Universe too late to make the list?
I was also very surprised to see Studio 60 on there. I thought it was a very interesting show, that was pulling some punches you really didnt see elsewhere. They compare it to 30 Rock, but really they werent the same type of show at all, with Studio 60 being a far more serious show, in both its commentary, and character relationships.
I agree, Knight Rider wasn't that bad, I think Heroes should have made this list.
Load More Comments