What to watch on Wednesday, December 12...
7:30pm, Various networks including HBO, IFC, AMC, G4, and Bloomberg
12.12.12: The Concert for Sandy Relief
Live from Madison Square Garden, 34 U.S. networks and more worldwide will carry this concert benefiting Hurricane Sandy recovery efforts. Having sold something like 450 trillion combined records, the lineup of performers includes Bon Jovi, Eric Clapton, Dave Grohl, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys, Chris Martin, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Eddie Vedder, Kanye West, and The Who.
8pm, The CW
Oliver throws a Christmas party in “Year’s End,” which had damn well better inspire a montage where he hangs decorations by shooting gimmick arrows all over the place. Ornament arrows, stocking arrows, mistletoe arrows, the works. Your show is about a comic book superhero, Arrow writers. Have a little fun.
9pm, BBC America
Bel and Freddie investigate a crime, banter with aplomb, and look positively smashing in eveningwear. Meanwhile, Hector spirals into self-destruction, and nobody in the business pulls off a good spiral into self-destruction like Dominic West.
In “Perennials,” the team realizes that someone is tracking BAU’s old cases and replicating the crimes. Which is not all that hard to do, actually, considering that those old cases air in syndication dozens of times every day. It was bound to happen sooner or later.
Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2012
This year’s docket of celebrity profiles includes Hillary Clinton, Ben Affleck, Gabby Douglas, Chris Christie, Seth MacFarlane, and One Direction. Despite comprising five separate humans, One Direction is apparently being counted here as one (1) Fascinating Person™. Can One Direction join into a single super-being, like Voltron? And why is Barbara Walters the only one who knows about this? WHAT ELSE ARE YOU HIDING FROM US, BARBARA WALTERS?!
– Michael C. Hall, Charlyne Yi, and Tommy Johnagin on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Adam Levine on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Cory Booker on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Mandy Patinkin and Michael Stipe on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Albert Brooks and Kerry Washington on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Billy Crystal, photographer James Balog, and Grizzly Bear on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35 am, CBS
– Mike Birbiglia and Atlas Genius on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 12am, ABC
– Naomi Watts, Hugh Bonneville, and Florida Georgia Line on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
– Chris O’Dowd and Beth Behrs on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS
WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?