What to watch on Monday, February 11...
While burning the midnight oil at the lab, Brennan is critically wounded by a gunshot—and the assailant may have ties to the Jeffersonian. But that’s only the beginning of her troubles in “The Shot in the Dark,” as disorienting visions of her dead mother complicate her convalescence.
8pm, The CW
The Carrie Diaries
Carrie joins an old friend at his mom’s dinner party, Mouse consults Walt for relationship advice, and Maggie defends her favorite spot at the diner. Which of these plotlines shall traverse the “Dangerous Territory” of the episode’s title? My money is on Carrie’s, since no dinner party in the history of television has ever glided along from soup to nuts sans a single mortifying incident.
2 Broke Girls
2 Chainz guest-stars in “And Just Plane Magic,” because numerically named synergy like this is too ideal for anyone to pass up. Max and Caroline cavort with the rapper on his private jet en route to a music awards show in L.A.
9pm, ABC Family
Michelle and Milly’s amphitheater ambitions roll on, while Sasha and Roman make their relationship public in “There’s Nothing Worse Than a Pantsuit.” Elsewhere, Ginny considers trying out for a school play to break out of her rut as the last Bunhead without a non-ballet story arc.
Kenny begins to catch on to Aidan’s true vampiric nature in “Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Mouth.” Meanwhile, things between Sally and Max are getting hot and heavy at the funeral home... until his mother’s ghost bollockses things up. Did everybody know that tonight’s TV theme is Dead Mom Hauntings? I’m always the last to find these things out.
Castle is flummoxed in his quest for a Valentine’s Day gift for Beckett, and who in North America doesn’t enjoy a flummoxed Fillion? None but scoundrels, I say. The case of the week in “Reality Star Struck” centers on the murder of a breakout cast member from a reality show called “The Wives of Wall Street.”
SEASON 2 PREMIERE, 11pm, Showtime
Louis C.K. and Bob Newhart are the guests as the interview series returns for its second season. I expect host David Steinberg to compare and contrast their philosophies on commuting to work during the opening titles of an eponymous TV comedy.
– Don Cheadle, Bill Burr, and Ed Sheeran on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Tim McGraw on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– George Stephanopoulos on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Author Garry Wills on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– James Spader, Lior Suchard, and Far East Movement on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Bill O’Reilly, the Avett Brothers, a Top Ten List presented by 2013 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models, and the 2013 SI Swimsuit cover model reveal on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35pm, CBS
– Carl Reiner on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 11:35pm, ABC
– John Goodman, Carmelo Anthony, and Gary Allan on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
– Julie Andrews and Grace Park on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS
WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?