What to watch on Thursday, June 20...
Five chefs remain with the prized black jackets on the line, and a pressure-cooker test will spell the difference between the succulent turducken of victory and the stinky month-old cheese of defeat. The contestants' family members will also be on hand to share in the feast either way.
When you’re a spy show, you’ve got to visit the occasional exotic locale. So when Michael needs help defusing a notorious international bomber, he dispatches Sam and Jesse to the Dominican Republic in “Down Range.” Back home, Fiona protects Madeline from a ruthless bookie dead-set on collecting a debt.
“Heat Run” finds Briggs enlisting the house to bolster Lauren’s case against the Russian mob. Yes, the logline probably means “other agents in the house”... but what if the physical structure in which they live is actually outfitted with all kinds of sweet crime-fighting tools? Refrigerators hurling leftover casseroles at mob dudes’ heads, ceiling fans spinning them around by their waistbands, a credenza winging flatware left and right, that sort of thing. I’d watch that show in a heartbeat.
SEASON 1 FINALE, 10pm, NBC
Will is booked for murder in “Savoureux,” after returning from Minnesota minus one (1) Abigail Hobbs. With the team convinced he’s the copycat killer, he must take drastic steps to clear his name.
Sullivan & Son
“Acceptance” rounds up a troika of dating woes. Owen’s current squeeze may be too close for comfort, Melanie’s new beau hangs unwelcome nicknames on everyone, and Steve’s latest ladyfriend observes a moral code that’s more Goofus than Gallant.
SEASON 3 PREMIERE, 10pm & 10:30pm, FX
The search is on for Wilfred's original owner in "Uncertainty" at 10pm. That's followed at 10:30pm by "Comfort," in which Ryan flagrantly violates the Man-Dog Best Friend Code by getting chummy with Wilfred's nemesis.
11pm & 11:30pm, MTV
Zach Stone Is Gonna Be Famous
A media-baiting disappearance is the scheme-of-the-week in “Zach Stone Is Gonna Go Missing.” If he plans ahead and disguises himself as a young blonde woman first, Nancy Grace will gobble that shit up like a velociraptor with a tapeworm turned loose on a cruise ship buffet. And at 11:30pm, Zach plots to achieve YouTube-hoax glory by spooking the crap out of his brother in "Zach Stone Is Gonna Be Scary."
– Maggie Gyllenhaal on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Tom Brokaw on The Daily Show, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Joss Whedon on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Kristin Davis, Harvey Fierstein, and The Mowgli’s on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– John Travolta, Chris DiStefano, and Japandroids on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35pm, CBS
– Anna Paquin, NASCAR champion Brad Keselowski, and MUSE on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 11:35pm, ABC
– Elijah Wood, Grant Bowler, a video game demo of Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Yeah Yeah Yeahs on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
– Lewis Black and Matt Morales on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS