What to watch on Monday, April 1...
8pm, The CW
The Carrie Diaries
Carre prepares an ideal romantic evening with Sebastian; her plans rapidly fall apart, in accordance with Tripper’s First Law of Comical Misunderstandings. Meanwhile in “A First Time for Everything,” Dorrit turns to Donna for love-life pointers, and Mouse realizes that she’s developing a bit of a thing for West, which, c’mon Mouse, the rest of us got there like two weeks ago.
“The Maiden in the Mushrooms” finds the Jeffersonian squad investigating a TV producer’s murder, while Brennan struggles to process Christine’s antisocial behavior toward a classmate. Back at the lab, Hodgins devotes all the resources at his disposal to reverse-engineering Finn’s hot sauce recipe... for SCIENCE!
In the wake of their latest colossal botch-job leaving Claire in Joe’s clutches, the FBI turns its attention to an undercover location that may be connected to the cult and promptly figures out how it can make a hash of that too. Elsewhere in “Whips and Regret,” Claire settles in at Casa de Crackpot, and Emma and Jacob grapple with the fallout of the former’s betrayal.
While unforeseen complications greet Kenny’s awakening, Aidan, Josh, and Sally gear up to tussle with Donna in “Always a Bridesmaid, Never Alive.” According to Syfy’s promo clip, their stratagem involves her blood, hair, and nails, which suggests to me they cribbed this plan straight from Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest.
100th EPISODE, 10pm, ABC
Boy, what kind of rotten luck does a guy have to have to wind up sidelined for the 100th episode of his own show? A broken-legged Castle is none too pleased to be convalescing in the loft in “The Lives of Others,” but his interest is piqued when a murder mystery unfolds before his very eyes in the apartment across the street. All things considered, Beckett should be careful she doesn’t stumble onto a sprawling flock of creepy, homicidal birds.
A stunning discovery greets Norman and Emma in “What’s Wrong With Norman,” while Dylan’s new job presents him with more than he bargained for. Both of these plotlines are probably referring to dinosaurs, right? Let’s assume it’s dinosaurs. You’d watch a show where Norman Bates befriends/rides around on a triceratops, wouldn’t you? Of course you would.
Top of the Lake
Robin’s future with local law enforcement is endangered by a spot of violence as Episode 4 marks the midpoint of the seven-part miniseries. Refusing to abandon the case, she endeavors to gain the trust of a tight-lipped friend of Tui’s who may hold key information.
Feeling the weight of a comrade’s sacrifice, Charlie and crew must find a way to soldier on in “Ghosts,” while a search to bolster ranks leads Miles and Nora to a lethal former militia colleague (Malik Yoba, late of Alphas). Rachel’s keeping busy herself, what with searching for a power source and trying to get back in Charlie’s good graces, all while evading Flynn.
– From Atlanta, Seth Rogen, and Earthquake on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Thandie Newton on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Author Mary Roach on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Sigourney Weaver on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Matthew Perry, Kristen Schaal, and Goo Goo Dolls on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Shia LaBeouf, Jeff Altman, and The Band Perry on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35pm, CBS
– Shaquille O’Neal and Demi Lovato on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 11:35pm, ABC
– Alec Baldwin, Emilia Clarke, Janelle Monae, DJ Jazzy Jeff, and the latest Celebrity Apprentice castoff on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
– Toby Keith and J.R. Martinez on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS