What to watch on Wednesday, April 10...
Jim Beaver drops by “Dollar Days” to guest-star as Brick’s scoutmaster and show off his Awesome Character Actor merit badge, while Mike is drafted into chaperoning the scouts’ camping trip. Meanwhile, Axl’s band lands their first paying gig, but Sue’s unsolicited advice sparks tension. And as Frankie's dental assistant job hunt gets off to a rocky start, can she dazzle potential future boss Jack McBrayer?
Now that Cam and Claire have refurbished their flipped house, it’s up to Phil to move the property using his signature selling technique: wacky sitcom schemes. Also in “Flip Flop,” Manny’s father Javier arrives with new girlfriend Paget Brewster in tow, and it’s probably too much to hope that she’ll chug some martinis and solve supernatural mysteries in a high-society setting.
A 25-year-old time capsule is opened in a small Colorado hamlet in “Pay It Forward,” leading to a gruesome discovery: The town’s long-forgotten cache of hairspray, red leather pants, and Poison cassettes. Or maybe something connected to a cop’s death in the present day. Either way, Reid is going to be humming “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” to himself all damn afternoon now.
MINISERIES CONCLUSION, 9pm, BBC America
Spies of Warsaw
With the Nazi specter looming, Mercier goes incognito to track an enigmatic target called Chaika into the heart of Czechoslovakia. Can he uncover the vital clues that will save Europe from catastrophe? Well... no. But he can cut a debonair figure along the way to failure, dash it all!
“Australia’s First 4 Billion Years: Awakening” begins a four-part series which explores the land down under in search of evidence of our planet’s origins and development. Scientist Richard Smith hosts the Outback trek, kicking off with the emergence of bacterial slime in Western Australia way back before it was cool to be a lifeform on Earth.
Besides advertising its Canadian-ness through its Queen’s English spelling, “Guests of Honour” finds Lorna’s dinner party for visiting Gene thrown asunder by Sheila’s surprise companion. Elsewhere, Betty struggles to come to grips with her past, and Gladys seeks a distraction from thoughts of James.
Stan has a bead on Gregory’s crew that could direct him straight to Elizabeth in “Only You.” The development brings turmoil between her and Philip back to the surface, while inspiring Vegas to set this week’s Jennings Wig Over-Under at 3.5.
In “Deez Nups,” Team Psych gathers at a casino resort for Lassie’s wedding. When the appearance of a local crime boss threatens to disrupt the festivities, can Juliet’s uncanny knack at the keno booth save the day in some way I haven’t fully thought through yet?
“Chaos” finds Cooper and Lucero abducted and held hostage in the most extreme campaign yet launched by Southland fans to coax a sixth-season renewal. While TNT is busy not negotiating with terrorists, Ben's got his hands full with Brooke and her increasingly unstable behavior.
– Jeremy Piven, Jeremy Wade, and The Three O’Clock on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Josh Groban on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Ken Burns on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Vice magazine cofounder Shane Smith on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Charlie Sheen, Andy Enfield, and Brad Paisley on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Harrison Ford, Rita Wilson, and Jake Bugg on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35pm, CBS
– Jason Bateman, Chadwick Boseman, and Alice in Chains on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 11:35pm, ABC
– Bill Cosby, Ashley Tisdale, and Sandra Lee on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
– Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Myq Kaplan, and He’s My Brother She’s My Sister on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS