What to watch on Monday, February 18...
How I Met Your Mother
Hey everybody, the Captain’s back! True, we’ve all repressed memories of most of the sixth season, but Kyle MacLachlan was one indefatigable bright spot. Why is he popping up out of the blue in “The Ashtray” to call upon Ted? Who cares! Enjoy it while you can.
8pm, ABC Family
Switched at Birth
Love may be in bloom for Bay and Noah, but rockier times are in store for Daphne and Travis, whose falling-out spurs repercussions aplenty. Elsewhere in “Drive in the Knife,” an intriguing new campaign volunteer captures Toby’s attention.
A phone call might lead Claire to her son in “The Siege,” because yeah, this seems like the sort of show where strokes of serendipitous good fortune carry no sinister twists whatsoever. In supervillain news, Carroll enlists an old lawyer cohort to deliver a message that may have
< dramatic music> fatal consequences < /dramatic music>.
Ryland’s mission to ruin Ann’s life rolls on in “Trial and Error,” as he drags some skeletons out of her closet and then casts her in NBC’s next Thursday-at-10pm drama. In other diabolical machinations, John Ross’s plan to take control of Ewing Energies continues apace, and an old Ewing enemy resurfaces.
Big week for Edward, who discovers disturbing new information about Lyritrol one minute and engages Julian in career-altering fisticuffs the next. Meanwhile in “Tell Me,” a new lead may spell danger for Joanna, and Senator Haverstock divulges to Mia his true identity. Guys, what if his true true identity is sleazy New York City prosecutor Dan Fielding, and it turns out this whole series is a stealth Night Court spin-off?
Castle and Beckett discover a plot to kidnap the daughter of a Middle Eastern tycoon, but Castle’s own family winds up in danger in the process.. Dylan Walsh guest-stars as an FBI agent who lends a hand to their investigation... though not enough of a hand to forestall the dreaded “TO BE CONTINUED” card, since “Target” is the first half of a two-parter.
Bo’s friends stage an intervention to corral her off-kilter behavior in “The Kenzi Scale.” Can they help her kick her debilitating habit of squeezing characters’ names into punny titles??
– Ricky Gervais, Tig Notaro, and Frank Turner on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Kevin Bacon, Dennis Rodman, and Kevin Eubanks on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– David Spade, dog trainer Kenny Licklider, and Aaron Neville on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35pm, CBS
– Andy Samberg, David Steinberg, and Ben Harper featuring Charlie Musselwhite on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 11:35pm, ABC
– Artie Lange, Alison Brie, and Tame Impala on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
– Jacki Weaver and Nicola Benedetti on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS
WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?