What to watch on Monday, December 9...
A high-profile murder trial looms in “Blood Brothers.” While Maldonado squares off with the accused, Kennex, and Dorian must safeguard the key witness.
Henry Parrish (John Noble) helps Ichabod get in touch with Katrina, but the cross-dimensional call has unintended consequences: “The Golem” slips loose from purgatory and begins wreaking havoc, as mythical anthropomorphic earth monsters are wont to do.
MOVIE PREMIERE, Part 2, 9pm, A&E / Lifetime / History
Bonnie & Clyde
The lawbreaking lovers step up their game in search of bigger headlines, bolder infamy, and more rapidly spinning newspaper-whirlygig effects.
DOCUMENTARY PREMIERE, 9pm, HBO
Six by Sondheim
James Lapine profiles Stephen Sondheim’s life and prestigious output. In addition to archival footage of classic performances of his work, the film features new spins on his songbook from Audra McDonald, Will Swenson, America Ferrara, and Jarvis Cocker.
Mike & Molly
Women be spendin’ too much money on shoes, amirite, fellas? That’s the premise of “Shoeless Molly Flynn,” I guess. Even Modern Family must be cocking an eyebrow at this one.
A tony country club is all aflutter when a corpse turns up in their midst—and having not even paid the member dues, no less. As the team investigates in “All In,” Flynn battles on-the-job distractions and Rusty suspects Emma’s true motives.
The Great Christmas Light Fight
You know that one house that goes super overboard on the Christmas decorations? Like, visible-from-space, probably-sucking-as-much-electricity-per-night-as-all-of-Toledo overboard? You know, that house? Well, here are 20 of that house. Four families will compete each week for a $50,000 prize, all of which will almost certainly be spent on next year’s Rudolph-hosting-Match Game-with-Vixen-playing-Charles-Nelson-Reilly front-lawn setpiece.
“The Cost of Living” finds Brian planning to hand Duncan and the Duncettes over to the cops, but Burton dissuades him with evidence of Duncan and Ellen’s growing bond. Meanwhile, the plan to off the president hits a roadblock when Duncan takes a leisurely side jaunt to the Big Apple.
10:30pm, Cartoon Network
Rick and Morty
In “Lawnmower Dog,” Rick helps Jerry tend to the pooch—who may prove to have a hidden talent for landscaping, from the sound of things.
– Donald Faison and Tiffany Haddish on The Arsenio Hall Show, Syndicated, check local listings
– Snoop Dogg, Mike Birbiglia, and 7 Days of Funk on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Author Jesse Bering on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Idris Elba on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Scientist and Harvard professor David Keith on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Simon Cowell, Megyn Kelly, and MS MR on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Stephen Colbert and Sir Ian McKellen on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35pm, CBS
– Queen Latifah and Cage the Elephant on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 11:35pm, ABC
– Amy Adams, Oscar Isaac, and Jack Johnson on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
– Demi Lovato and Louie Anderson on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS
WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?