What to watch on Tuesday, January 15...
8pm, The CW
Hart of Dixie
It’s Pioneer Day in Bluebell! Lemon and AnnaBeth cater the First Feast, while Lavon ropes Zoe and Wade into getting their pageantry on to play the town’s Founding Couple. Don’t be surprised if a few Mystic Fallsians wander into “Old Alabama” by accident, lured by the Siren’s song of anything celebrating the founders of fictional small towns in the South.
Ben and Kate
In “Girl Problems,” Tommy introduces the gang—and the ratings-starved show’s promo department—to a new girlfriend played by Brittany Snow. Kate’s efforts to bond with the new addition inevitably spiral into hijinks.
You know how you can tell New Girl is hot with the coveted Young People demographic? Because it snares guest-stars like Dennis Farina, who's playing Nick’s roguish dad in tonight's “A Father’s Love.” The kids LOVE Dennis Farina! (I’m only half-joking here, really. Dennis Farina’s terrific!) Jess tries to mend the severed filial bond, but Nick is suspicious of his old man’s motives. Meanwhile, Schmidt joins forces with unlikely ally Robby to win Cece back.
The “ex” at the center of “The Ex Factor” is Jane’s ex, who Brad is shocked to learn has two Xs. Chromosomes, that is. Because she’s a woman. (See what I did there?) Also, the gang can’t help but pry when a new roommate spruces up Max’s place. (Luckily, Max also has an X in it, keeping with the theme of this blurb.)
SEASON 4 PREMIERE, 9pm, Syfy
In “Make It Reign,” fourteen new makeup artists arrive, fresh off the bus from wherever it is aspiring makeup artists come from, to meet mentor Michael Westmore and this week’s guest judge, John Rhys-Davies. The competitors’ first challenge is to transform mere mortal humans into mighty and ferocious goblin kings.
Ryan is moved to make amends with Joel, while Kristina lends Max a hand in “One Step Forward, Two Steps Back.” In other Braverman business, Julia and Joel grapple with their decision as the deadline for Victor’s adoption nears.
Boyd clashes with a charismatic holy man whose preaching is disrupting the Crowder Gang’s operations in “Where’s Waldo?” Meanwhile, Raylan has his own battle brewing with a dangerous family, dangerous families being Harlan County’s most plentiful renewable resource.
In “I Need To Know,” Jules is hurt when Travis doesn’t want to spend time with her, Ellie applies some unusual methods to change Andy’s behavior, and Grayson tries to prove to Laurie that he isn’t homophobic. Since I have a screener, I have a professional duty to inform you that the episode also boasts an A+ performance from Busy Philipps. FACT.
– Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Teresa Palmer, and Baron Vaughn on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Bill Maher on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Bob Schieffer on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Scientist Jared Diamond on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Jessica Simpson, D.L. Hughley, and Vintage Trouble on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Jennifer Lawrence, Alan Zweibel, and ASAP Rocky on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35pm, CBS
– Rob Lowe and Big Boi on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 11:35pm, ABC
– Emmy Rossum, Grace Coddington, and Yo La Tengo on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
– Lena Dunham and Bill Pullman on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS
WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?