What to watch on Tuesday, April 23...
8pm, The CW
Hart of Dixie
As poor timing stymies Zoe’s attempts to open up, a secret about Brick comes to light and throws a wrench into his love life in “If Tomorrow Never Comes.” At the Rammer Jammer, Wade and Lemon clash over differing management philosophies; hopefully this leads them to divide the place down the middle with tape and each manage half the restaurant, in proper sitcom fashion.
Tony and Ziva are off to Germany in pursuit of her father’s murderer in “Berlin,” while the rest of the squad heads to Virginia to probe the killing of a Mossad officer. Could one or both of these plots be yet another backdoor pilot setting up NCIS: Brandenburg or NCIS: Hampton Roads?
“Resurrection” sends Kensi and Deeks down Mexico way to search for the missing body of a cartel boss who was deep-sixed by a DEA operation. But was the corpse stolen... or is CBS jumping on the zombie bandwagon? Almost certainly the former.
“Matty becomes distant from Jenna,” says an extraordinarily tight-lipped synopsis for an episode which, in the show’s ongoing quest to bamboozle the DVRs of America, hasn’t even posted a title at press time. When, exactly, did Matthew Weiner take over as Awkward.’s showrunner?
Body of Proof
While investigating the murder of a schizophrenic girl at a mental institution in “Committed,” Megan and Tommy speak with a seemingly lucid patient who claims she saw the culprit, and that she herself was the intended target. So the guy was spotted AND didn’t even kill the right person? I gotta say, in a TV climate overrun with evil-genius psychos, it’s refreshing every once in a while to bump into someone who is stone-cold incompetent at homicide.
In “Guess Who’s Bizzack,” Jason hits the gridiron to motivate Blue when the young wideout is missing a step at training camp. The veteran’s moves catch the eye of Malik, who tries to persuade his ex-teammate to rejoin the Sabers. If the vintage Zaxxon cabinet the team just installed in the locker room doesn't sway him, nothing will.
SEASON 1 FINALE, 10pm, Syfy
Robot Combat League
The inaugural league champion is crowned after Crash and Steampunk go head to he... er, toe to t... umm, gear to gear? Sure, let’s go with that. Then, in a surprise twist, the winner must venture through five more diabolical levels to defeat the villainous Dr. Wily.
– Jennifer Lawrence, Nick Kroll, and Randy Houser on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Nicole Richie on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Salman Rushdie on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Carol Burnett, Stephen Amell, and Plain White T’s on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Kate Hudson and Selena Gomez on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35pm, CBS
– Reese Witherspoon, Eli Manning, Phosphorescent, and K-OS on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
– Kevin Bacon and Rebecca Hall on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS